Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Right then-NEW MANAGER 17:08 - Apr 19 with 11673 viewsmagicdaps10

Monk is not the man so who should it be??

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 02:37 - Apr 20 with 1377 viewsJackFish

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 01:47 - Apr 20 by Highjack

Who the ruddy duck is Paul Clement?

He's coached some under 16s and helped Ancelotti out at Real Madrid, apparently.
Right then-NEW MANAGER on 08:14 - Apr 20 with 1337 viewsWhiterockin

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 02:37 - Apr 20 by JackFish

He's coached some under 16s and helped Ancelotti out at Real Madrid, apparently.

A vast understatement.
Right then-NEW MANAGER on 08:55 - Apr 20 with 1302 viewsNatterjack

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 08:14 - Apr 20 by Whiterockin

A vast understatement.

If we're going to gamble on an inexperienced manager then Monk should be given the reigns.

Personally, after what he's now achieved in keeping us up, I think it only right he'd be kept on as head coach but I think an experienced manager such as Koemann should be brought in for a year or three to bring him on further.

There's going to be a lot of changes in the summer and I don't want to be in the position we've found ourselves in again this time next year!
[Post edited 20 Apr 2014 8:56]
Right then-NEW MANAGER on 08:57 - Apr 20 with 1297 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Why not Felix Magath? He's got the best accent out of any of 'em

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 09:07 - Apr 20 with 1287 viewsDr_Winston

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 08:55 - Apr 20 by Natterjack

If we're going to gamble on an inexperienced manager then Monk should be given the reigns.

Personally, after what he's now achieved in keeping us up, I think it only right he'd be kept on as head coach but I think an experienced manager such as Koemann should be brought in for a year or three to bring him on further.

There's going to be a lot of changes in the summer and I don't want to be in the position we've found ourselves in again this time next year!
[Post edited 20 Apr 2014 8:56]

We've dodged a bullet this season. Not much sense in trying to pull the trigger again. By all means keep Monk as part of the coaching staff, but we need a fresh pair of eyes with some experience behind them to look at this squad.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 09:15 - Apr 20 with 1273 viewsCooperman

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 09:07 - Apr 20 by Dr_Winston

We've dodged a bullet this season. Not much sense in trying to pull the trigger again. By all means keep Monk as part of the coaching staff, but we need a fresh pair of eyes with some experience behind them to look at this squad.

This!

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 10:38 - Apr 20 with 1216 viewsA_Fans_Dad

I would prefer to stay with GM for continuity but bring in an advisor for Substitutions and maybe some tactics, GM has done as well as ML points wise in his last year and GM was under much greater pressure to "Achieve" than ML.
The problem with new managers is they will want SCFC to play their way, instead of building on what we have already achieved.
Right then-NEW MANAGER on 10:42 - Apr 20 with 1207 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 10:38 - Apr 20 by A_Fans_Dad

I would prefer to stay with GM for continuity but bring in an advisor for Substitutions and maybe some tactics, GM has done as well as ML points wise in his last year and GM was under much greater pressure to "Achieve" than ML.
The problem with new managers is they will want SCFC to play their way, instead of building on what we have already achieved.

If our manager needs an adviser for tactics and substitutions then surely he isn't the right man for the job.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Login to get fewer ads

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 10:45 - Apr 20 with 1199 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 10:42 - Apr 20 by Joe_bradshaw

If our manager needs an adviser for tactics and substitutions then surely he isn't the right man for the job.

Agreed. Why bark yourself when you can buy a dog. Or something like that

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 10:47 - Apr 20 with 1195 viewsDr_Winston

Innit.

Might as well get someone in who can do all that and then Monk can learn from him.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 10:48 - Apr 20 with 1192 viewsA_Fans_Dad

So you aren't prepared to give GM the chance to learn his trade during the summer and start of next season?
What makes you think another Manager would start the season any better?
Right then-NEW MANAGER on 10:59 - Apr 20 with 1183 viewsNOTRAC

Gary Monk will get half a million for keeping us up.Let's be honest it wasn't a big deal.Three wins in fourteen matches.However he was appointed to get maximum effort from the players and to be fair he has succeeded .However it also has to be remembered that he has had a virtual full squad and for the last few months has not had to worry about squad rotation etc.Has proved that he should be part of our coaching staff,but is far too inexperienced to manage.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 11:02 - Apr 20 with 1175 viewsChief

Kev Cullis

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 11:16 - Apr 20 with 1157 viewsAngelRangelQS

I love Monk but let's not kid ourselves that he's presided over some miracle great escape, is it?

He's got a big role to play at our club but not yet as a manager in my opinion. We need to speak to all interested parties, including Monk, and give the job to the best candidate, whoever that is
Right then-NEW MANAGER on 11:19 - Apr 20 with 1148 viewsWarwickHunt

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 10:38 - Apr 20 by A_Fans_Dad

Comedy gold.

Keep 'em coming.
Right then-NEW MANAGER on 11:31 - Apr 20 with 1111 viewsaspas45

Why do people think garry monk isn’t suitable , we have been lethargic and lazy in our displays since the capital 1 cup resulting in inconsistent displays. Laudrup created a reserve your energy approach and we could barely play well for more than 30 mins each game.

Garry monk has got most of the players performing more consistently since he took off and trying much harder. We have been loosing games by close margins as well i.e everton when we deserved a draw. We are playing much better.

Poll: Surprise first team last minute signing tomorrow?

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 11:36 - Apr 20 with 1095 viewsMartyrman57

I 100% agree with Natter
Right then-NEW MANAGER on 11:51 - Apr 20 with 1059 viewsbermudajack

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 11:36 - Apr 20 by Martyrman57

I 100% agree with Natter

I would certainly consider Monk as part of the set up, either as a no 2 or with a very experienced no 2,

For me it would be as a no 2 to either Roberto De Matteo, Koeman or Steve Clarke for 2 years
Or
No 1 with a " Glen Hoddle" type no 2 or DOF

Poll: Priority for new manager?

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 11:51 - Apr 20 with 1058 viewsStarsky

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 11:31 - Apr 20 by aspas45

Why do people think garry monk isn’t suitable , we have been lethargic and lazy in our displays since the capital 1 cup resulting in inconsistent displays. Laudrup created a reserve your energy approach and we could barely play well for more than 30 mins each game.

Garry monk has got most of the players performing more consistently since he took off and trying much harder. We have been loosing games by close margins as well i.e everton when we deserved a draw. We are playing much better.

As much as I support & respect Garry Monk at the moment. If he's in charge next season it's not going to end well.
I've had a titful of player power and we may have to have a bit of a clearout to avoid familiarity breeding contempt.

Lets get a new man in. Not a big star like Laudrup. Someone who'll know how to get the best out of our players and knows how to sign the best players realistically available to us.

It's just the internet, init.

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 11:54 - Apr 20 with 1050 viewsWarwickHunt

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 11:51 - Apr 20 by Starsky

As much as I support & respect Garry Monk at the moment. If he's in charge next season it's not going to end well.
I've had a titful of player power and we may have to have a bit of a clearout to avoid familiarity breeding contempt.

Lets get a new man in. Not a big star like Laudrup. Someone who'll know how to get the best out of our players and knows how to sign the best players realistically available to us.

"Player power" under Bielsa would begin and end with them picking their favourite spot in the dressing room. Possibly not even that.
Right then-NEW MANAGER on 12:04 - Apr 20 with 1034 viewsC_jack

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 10:48 - Apr 20 by A_Fans_Dad

So you aren't prepared to give GM the chance to learn his trade during the summer and start of next season?
What makes you think another Manager would start the season any better?

3 months of pre season to learn his trade, that'll do it!

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 12:06 - Apr 20 with 1032 viewsStarsky

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 11:54 - Apr 20 by WarwickHunt

"Player power" under Bielsa would begin and end with them picking their favourite spot in the dressing room. Possibly not even that.

Morning Phil.
Perhaps he could partner up with DiCanio... To break up the cliques

It's just the internet, init.

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 12:08 - Apr 20 with 1031 viewsmagicdaps10

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 11:54 - Apr 20 by WarwickHunt

Marcelo Biesla is a fantastic manager but for me, he and us are not a good fit.

We need to get back to the basics of a latter 30's/early 40's man who has something to prove in the game. If I was to go outside the three I mentioned in earlier post then I would look at Hyppia, Oscar Garcia or Thomas Tuchel.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 12:35 - Apr 20 with 990 viewsWarwickHunt

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 12:08 - Apr 20 by magicdaps10

Marcelo Biesla is a fantastic manager but for me, he and us are not a good fit.

We need to get back to the basics of a latter 30's/early 40's man who has something to prove in the game. If I was to go outside the three I mentioned in earlier post then I would look at Hyppia, Oscar Garcia or Thomas Tuchel.

I really don't get this "something to prove" stuff.

Next seaon will be our fourth in the PL, it's time we stopped shopping at Primark.
Right then-NEW MANAGER on 13:17 - Apr 20 with 959 viewsPhil_S

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 12:35 - Apr 20 by WarwickHunt

I really don't get this "something to prove" stuff.

Next seaon will be our fourth in the PL, it's time we stopped shopping at Primark.

Theres much you post that I completely disagree with but here I am in total agreement.

We need to step up our line of sight we are an attractive proposition to managers not just those who want 'managed in the PL' on their CV
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024