Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Right then-NEW MANAGER 17:08 - Apr 19 with 11749 viewsmagicdaps10

Monk is not the man so who should it be??

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 19:21 - Apr 21 with 1341 viewsIAN05

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 19:10 - Apr 21 by Dr_Winston

No doubt.

Huw's not perfect. He gets involved where he shouldn't get involved. Personality clashes with managers and others is potentially a concern. There is a growing disconnect between the fans and the club that he could probably do more to alleviate. His habit of taking time off right when he should be at his busiest has driven me nuts for years.

Few people I'd trust more with the club though.

Agree with most if that, though the personality clashes are made out to be slightly different than what is actually true. Sousa and Jenkins didn't get on, but that was true of Sousa and pretty much all the board and senior staff at club. Laudrup and Jenkins initial problems stemmed from the board feeling that his agent was trying to rip the club off.

Jenkins plays an important role, but people seem to think that he is the main player at the club and on the board.......which is simply not true
Right then-NEW MANAGER on 19:41 - Apr 21 with 1301 viewsUxbridge

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 19:21 - Apr 21 by IAN05

Agree with most if that, though the personality clashes are made out to be slightly different than what is actually true. Sousa and Jenkins didn't get on, but that was true of Sousa and pretty much all the board and senior staff at club. Laudrup and Jenkins initial problems stemmed from the board feeling that his agent was trying to rip the club off.

Jenkins plays an important role, but people seem to think that he is the main player at the club and on the board.......which is simply not true

250k a year disagrees with that last sentence. Other directors have influence of course but Jenkins is the main man on the footballing front.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 19:42 - Apr 21 with 1292 viewsDrizzy

Haven't seen it mentioned on here but Bielsa has agreed to go to Marseille at the end of the season.

His fan boys must be devastated.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 19:45 - Apr 21 with 1286 viewstomdickharry

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 19:42 - Apr 21 by Drizzy

Haven't seen it mentioned on here but Bielsa has agreed to go to Marseille at the end of the season.

Evidence.
Right then-NEW MANAGER on 19:46 - Apr 21 with 1284 viewsDarran

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 19:42 - Apr 21 by Drizzy

It has been mentioned on here.
Just saying.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 19:48 - Apr 21 with 1279 viewsWarwickHunt

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 19:06 - Apr 21 by Oldjack

But he's not a rookie now is he and he's on course for a point a game that next season will be fine ,or are you expecting a top six finish ,

Talking about expectation's ,what about Tim Sherwood ? i think he's doing a fine job but they expect a top 4 finish which he can't and odds on will never deliver ,so odds on he'll be gone soon

"But he's not a rookie now is he"

I bet he's expecting a phone call from Glazer at any minute.
Right then-NEW MANAGER on 19:49 - Apr 21 with 1277 viewsIAN05

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 19:41 - Apr 21 by Uxbridge

250k a year disagrees with that last sentence. Other directors have influence of course but Jenkins is the main man on the footballing front.

His salary may be high, but people would be very wrong to assume that he has things all his own way. Very wrong indeed actually. Most of the directors of the club are involved daily in some format and whilst Jenkins looks after the footballing aspects, the issues that led to Laudrups dismissal were identified and agreed by the board as a whole. It was in no way down to a clash of personalities, more of a clash of interests, ie boards interest was for Swansea City and ML's didn't seem to be.
Right then-NEW MANAGER on 19:58 - Apr 21 with 1256 viewsUxbridge

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 19:49 - Apr 21 by IAN05

His salary may be high, but people would be very wrong to assume that he has things all his own way. Very wrong indeed actually. Most of the directors of the club are involved daily in some format and whilst Jenkins looks after the footballing aspects, the issues that led to Laudrups dismissal were identified and agreed by the board as a whole. It was in no way down to a clash of personalities, more of a clash of interests, ie boards interest was for Swansea City and ML's didn't seem to be.

We're agreeing I think.

Login to get fewer ads

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 20:03 - Apr 21 with 1233 viewsDrizzy

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 19:45 - Apr 21 by tomdickharry

Evidence.

http://gulfnews.com/sport/football/marseille-think-tank-agree-on-marcelo-bielsa-

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 20:04 - Apr 21 with 1237 viewsOldjack

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 19:48 - Apr 21 by WarwickHunt

"But he's not a rookie now is he"

I bet he's expecting a phone call from Glazer at any minute.

A point a game per season throw in the odd cup here and there and we're set for life

Garry Monks black and white army

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 18:48 - Apr 22 with 1131 viewsswan65split

Right then son! Theres no Doubt that Monk wears his heart on his sleeve, both as a player and while in charge, some of his performances both as a player , remember those "blocks"? and since being in charge performances at Pool and the Toffees and last weekend with a team that when he took over was apparently free falling into relegation, and had no passion!

He has taken over a side where it was obvious there was something wrong, and I have no doubt some of us will never know what the real problem was, and he took over and has had to perform with what Laudrup and perhaps someone else has left us.

To me to do what he has done with a pile of sh*te he was left with is tremendous.

My only fear is that as a name , and young Manager, would he have the clout to encourage bloody good players and not like some of the crap that has been brought in over the last few years, good and consistent !
Right then-NEW MANAGER on 22:22 - Apr 22 with 1056 viewsmagicdaps10

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 18:48 - Apr 22 by swan65split

Right then son! Theres no Doubt that Monk wears his heart on his sleeve, both as a player and while in charge, some of his performances both as a player , remember those "blocks"? and since being in charge performances at Pool and the Toffees and last weekend with a team that when he took over was apparently free falling into relegation, and had no passion!

He has taken over a side where it was obvious there was something wrong, and I have no doubt some of us will never know what the real problem was, and he took over and has had to perform with what Laudrup and perhaps someone else has left us.

To me to do what he has done with a pile of sh*te he was left with is tremendous.

My only fear is that as a name , and young Manager, would he have the clout to encourage bloody good players and not like some of the crap that has been brought in over the last few years, good and consistent !

Make some good points BUT without saying whether he should get the job or not.............................in your opinion!

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 00:14 - Apr 23 with 1018 viewsPhil_S

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 09:05 - Apr 21 by tomdickharry

Is that the same Graeme Jones who's was Judas 1 partner in crime,who is Assistant Manager with a club who are on the verge of Champions League football and who has turned his back on us on more than one occasion.Yet again no one mentions the outstanding candidate for the post of Manager of our club Marcelo Brielsa,Monk could learn a lot as part of his backroom staff.

How has he turned his back on us on more than one occasion?
Right then-NEW MANAGER on 09:05 - Apr 23 with 962 viewsswan65split

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 22:22 - Apr 22 by magicdaps10

Make some good points BUT without saying whether he should get the job or not.............................in your opinion!

Son......in my humble opinion.........being a Manager of a PL club is a different fish to being a 34/35 yr old rookie Manager in a lower league.
So I would have someone in for a year or so and have Monk involved and learn the behind the scenes bit, as I am sure GM will tell you knowing whats involved, and doing whats involved is another thing.
IMHO he has shown he can be a a good Manager.
Right then-NEW MANAGER on 09:20 - Apr 23 with 952 viewsUxbridge

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 09:05 - Apr 23 by swan65split

Son......in my humble opinion.........being a Manager of a PL club is a different fish to being a 34/35 yr old rookie Manager in a lower league.
So I would have someone in for a year or so and have Monk involved and learn the behind the scenes bit, as I am sure GM will tell you knowing whats involved, and doing whats involved is another thing.
IMHO he has shown he can be a a good Manager.

Agree with that. I'm surprised so many think this is just an identical situation to the Martinez appointment. Then we were a relatively big fish in a small pond, with a squad that was competing at Top 6 level and a budget to match. That and it was a much more forgiving environment - coaching and tactics often stuck in the dark ages, 8 more games in a season, some truly awful teams and a league where some flawed but clearly superior players could really do some damage. It's a completely different scenario.

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 09:36 - Apr 23 with 931 viewsDevz00

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 20:03 - Apr 21 by Drizzy

http://gulfnews.com/sport/football/marseille-think-tank-agree-on-marcelo-bielsa-

That's a shame. Bielsa was the one foreign coach I really wanted us to go for.

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 20:30 - Apr 23 with 854 viewsGlyn1

This is another vote for Frank de Boer, aged 44, the manager of Ajax. He plays attacking football with a possession-based approach coupled with fierce pressing and tactical fluidity. He's about to win his 4th Dutch championship with a lot of home-grown players in his team. He appears to be an ideal fit for us.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 14:45 - Apr 24 with 773 viewsJackSomething

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 20:30 - Apr 23 by Glyn1

This is another vote for Frank de Boer, aged 44, the manager of Ajax. He plays attacking football with a possession-based approach coupled with fierce pressing and tactical fluidity. He's about to win his 4th Dutch championship with a lot of home-grown players in his team. He appears to be an ideal fit for us.

While I agree that we should see ourselves as a more attractive prospect for managers these days, do you really see the Ajax manager coming to Swansea?

To put it into context, De Boer has been mentioned as an outside candidate for the Man United job.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 14:52 - Apr 24 with 764 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 14:45 - Apr 24 by JackSomething

While I agree that we should see ourselves as a more attractive prospect for managers these days, do you really see the Ajax manager coming to Swansea?

To put it into context, De Boer has been mentioned as an outside candidate for the Man United job.

It's all about money really. Laudrup was probably on a fair wedge for a manager and if the bonus Garry is set to receive is anything to go by, Laudrup's bonuses and incentives must have been very appealing indeed.

I think there's no harm in approaching these possibly out of reach targets, and if they turn us down only then do we move on to the 'secondary' targets.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 14:56 - Apr 24 with 758 viewsshandyjack

does Monk even have the qualifications to take on the role full time?

Poll: Expectation for the season

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 15:12 - Apr 24 with 744 viewsJACKARSE

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 14:45 - Apr 24 by JackSomething

Yes so who is out of a job, who would want to manage a mid table PL team and who has the experience ?

Ronald Koemann - experienced and has enquired.
Di Matteo - free in the summer looking for an ambitious club
Uwe Rossler - might get promoted to PL, good fit but will cost HJ
Garcia - limited experience
Clement - never managed

Are there any decent Bundesliga managers worth looking at ? (don't mention the war tho !!)
Right then-NEW MANAGER on 15:29 - Apr 24 with 711 viewsGlyn1

De Boer isn't going to get the Man Utd job because he's not won anything apart from the Dutch championship, but he's worth talking to. Personally I prefer him to Koeman who seems arrogant.

What the best players/managers want when joining a PL team are:
* Are you playing in Europe?
* Are you in London (which is especially important for their WAGS and for easy flights home)
* Will you pay me lots and lots and lots of dosh?

We can't do any of that which is why we get lower ranked players with a point to prove, but as a mid-ranked PL team we are still an attractive proposition.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2014 15:30]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 15:32 - Apr 24 with 702 viewsmagicdaps10

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 15:12 - Apr 24 by JACKARSE

Yes so who is out of a job, who would want to manage a mid table PL team and who has the experience ?

Clement - never managed

Are there any decent Bundesliga managers worth looking at ? (don't mention the war tho !!)

Thomas Tuchel.

(No subject) (n/t) on 15:56 - Apr 24 with 676 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 15:12 - Apr 24 by JACKARSE

Clement - never managed

Pepe Mel had a raw deal at Betis. Is highly thought of in coaching circles .
If Fulham go down Magath will be available too.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2014 16:01]

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 16:20 - Apr 24 with 643 viewsJoe_bradshaw

I think we can debate this until we're all blue in the face.

It's going to be Garry Monk.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024