Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Right then-NEW MANAGER 17:08 - Apr 19 with 11726 viewsmagicdaps10

Monk is not the man so who should it be??

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 13:20 - Apr 20 with 1064 viewsDr_Winston

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 13:17 - Apr 20 by Phil_S

Theres much you post that I completely disagree with but here I am in total agreement.

We need to step up our line of sight we are an attractive proposition to managers not just those who want 'managed in the PL' on their CV

Is that the official position of the trust?

I keep saying it, but appointing Monk is a risk we simply don't need to take. There is an element of chance inherent in appointing any manager, but you do your best to minimise it. Giving Monk the job will not be doing that.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 13:26 - Apr 20 with 1050 viewsPhil_S

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 13:20 - Apr 20 by Dr_Winston

Is that the official position of the trust?

I keep saying it, but appointing Monk is a risk we simply don't need to take. There is an element of chance inherent in appointing any manager, but you do your best to minimise it. Giving Monk the job will not be doing that.

This post has been edited by an administrator

I have no idea but it is my personal opinion I know that much.

Monk is a great servant of this club and if his credentials are good enough then he could easily have a position on the coaching staff but I think we should aim higher for a manager at this point in time.
Right then-NEW MANAGER on 13:26 - Apr 20 with 1048 viewsDr_Winston

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 13:26 - Apr 20 by Phil_S

I have no idea but it is my personal opinion I know that much.

Monk is a great servant of this club and if his credentials are good enough then he could easily have a position on the coaching staff but I think we should aim higher for a manager at this point in time.

Agreed.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 13:27 - Apr 20 with 1043 viewsUxbridge

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 09:07 - Apr 20 by Dr_Winston

We've dodged a bullet this season. Not much sense in trying to pull the trigger again. By all means keep Monk as part of the coaching staff, but we need a fresh pair of eyes with some experience behind them to look at this squad.

Assuming Monk would just accept whatever gig we give him. Reading his comments, I don't see that as a given.

Slightly surprised by the comments from some others saying that we should allow Monk the opportunity to learn his trade with us. This is Premier League football FFS ... it should be the pinnacle for managers, not something a rookie can just walk into and can get away with making basic mistakes while he learns.

Looking at names mentioned above, Hyypia looks a possible. Did well at Leverkusen last year even if went a bit tits up this year.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 13:30 - Apr 20 with 1034 viewsPhil_S

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 13:26 - Apr 20 by Dr_Winston

Agreed.

I guess to your other point it could be the official position or it couldnt be. I suspect that there is some on the Trust board who would agree with me and some who don't. What won't happen at the moment is there is no point in discussing a change or giving a mandate just yet as to the official stance of the Trust. As much as yesterday has put us almost certainly safe let's get mathematical safety first

And a win next week will give us that mathematical safety guaranteed
Right then-NEW MANAGER on 13:31 - Apr 20 with 1023 viewsWarwickHunt

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 13:27 - Apr 20 by Uxbridge

Assuming Monk would just accept whatever gig we give him. Reading his comments, I don't see that as a given.

Slightly surprised by the comments from some others saying that we should allow Monk the opportunity to learn his trade with us. This is Premier League football FFS ... it should be the pinnacle for managers, not something a rookie can just walk into and can get away with making basic mistakes while he learns.

Looking at names mentioned above, Hyypia looks a possible. Did well at Leverkusen last year even if went a bit tits up this year.

He can learn his trade "during the summer" mun!

Pay attention.
Right then-NEW MANAGER on 13:31 - Apr 20 with 1023 viewswaynekerr55

I wouldn't be averse to him having a role across the academy, 21's and 1st team. His experience would be great at all levels and he seems very clever and willing to learn.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 13:33 - Apr 20 with 1007 viewsUxbridge

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 13:31 - Apr 20 by WarwickHunt

He can learn his trade "during the summer" mun!

Pay attention.

Sorry. Missed that one. Makes total sense that.

Login to get fewer ads

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 13:34 - Apr 20 with 1000 viewsUxbridge

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 13:31 - Apr 20 by waynekerr55

I wouldn't be averse to him having a role across the academy, 21's and 1st team. His experience would be great at all levels and he seems very clever and willing to learn.

That would be ideal IMO.

What is KOLs job these days? Llewellyn seems to be taking the reigns with the U21s at the moment and Clomet seems to be assistant manager currently.

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 13:37 - Apr 20 with 992 viewsDr_Winston

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 13:30 - Apr 20 by Phil_S

I guess to your other point it could be the official position or it couldnt be. I suspect that there is some on the Trust board who would agree with me and some who don't. What won't happen at the moment is there is no point in discussing a change or giving a mandate just yet as to the official stance of the Trust. As much as yesterday has put us almost certainly safe let's get mathematical safety first

And a win next week will give us that mathematical safety guaranteed

Be a nice way to get our first back to back wins for a while.

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 13:40 - Apr 20 with 981 viewsDr_Winston

What keeps nagging away at the back of my mind is the fact that he's twice basically led insurrections against a manager he doesn't like. If he's on the coaching staff here what's to stop him buzzing in Huw's ear every time he's unhappy with something.

That's not going to lead to a stable environment, and probably won't do much to eliminate the kind of splits we've seen in the squad either. Probably the reason why we might be better off sending him away to learn his trade elsewhere with a view to coming back one day if he makes a good go of it.

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 13:45 - Apr 20 with 969 viewsUxbridge

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 13:40 - Apr 20 by Dr_Winston

What keeps nagging away at the back of my mind is the fact that he's twice basically led insurrections against a manager he doesn't like. If he's on the coaching staff here what's to stop him buzzing in Huw's ear every time he's unhappy with something.

That's not going to lead to a stable environment, and probably won't do much to eliminate the kind of splits we've seen in the squad either. Probably the reason why we might be better off sending him away to learn his trade elsewhere with a view to coming back one day if he makes a good go of it.

It was pretty stable under Rodgers so maybe that proves he can, although take the point. Having him around might not be something a new manager would want.

Interesting summer ahead I feel. As usual, but more so this year.

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 13:52 - Apr 20 with 941 viewsVetchitBack

Monk hasn't got enough experience managing in the Premier League so the short-list in the main consists of people with very little or NO experience managing in the Premier League...

Planet Swans at its best.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 14:06 - Apr 20 with 903 viewslonglostjack

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 13:52 - Apr 20 by VetchitBack

Monk hasn't got enough experience managing in the Premier League so the short-list in the main consists of people with very little or NO experience managing in the Premier League...

Yes Hyypia had one relatively successful season at Leverkusen that's the sum total of his managerial experience - as for Magath his first act would be to banish Bony to the stands and say he was unfit and then proceed to go mad in the transfer market. No thanks.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 14:10 - Apr 20 with 888 viewsC_jack

I can see how being the manager of Argentina and Chile, two prestigious footballing nations, is a bit of a disadvantage against someone with 3 premier league wins to their name.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 14:16 - Apr 20 with 864 viewsWarwickHunt

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 14:10 - Apr 20 by C_jack

I can see how being the manager of Argentina and Chile, two prestigious footballing nations, is a bit of a disadvantage against someone with 3 premier league wins to their name.

The fella who Guardiola reckons is "the best manager in the world" and whose Bilbao team embarrassed SAF's Yernahtid at OT?

Perish the thought.
Right then-NEW MANAGER on 14:27 - Apr 20 with 843 viewsPhil_S

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 13:37 - Apr 20 by Dr_Winston

Be a nice way to get our first back to back wins for a while.

Since December 2012
Right then-NEW MANAGER on 14:43 - Apr 20 with 819 viewsUxbridge

Other football leagues are available...

I'd just like whoever we appoint to have some experience of management or at least coaching.

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 14:55 - Apr 20 with 794 viewsBig_Phil

Compare what Monk's appearance looks like today compared to before the Scummers game - he maybe saying the right things / in general doing the right things but the stress is written all over him.

He needs an experienced man to learn off who also can make the tough calls - I worry the job will be the death of him if he carries on like this
Right then-NEW MANAGER on 15:08 - Apr 20 with 768 viewsIAN05

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 14:43 - Apr 20 by Uxbridge

Other football leagues are available...

I'd just like whoever we appoint to have some experience of management or at least coaching.

Gonna be a interesting decision for the board. More experience is needed without doubt, in the current set up neither Monk nor Clotet has enough experience of hands on management to lead us in the premier league.

Who the available candidates are though, I don't know. I cant see us ripping up our philosophy based in one poor season, so the British candidates are very limited. Steve Clarke would be most obvious.

Biesla would seem interesting, but a real maverick by all accounts. Clement has good credentials, but none of us really know what he is like. Hyppia, would be of interest, not had a great year, but neither had Rodgers before we appointed him.

What other names are out there ?
Right then-NEW MANAGER on 15:12 - Apr 20 with 760 viewsmagicdaps10

Murat Yakin at Basel is another interesting one but as i have said before, I cant see the club paying compo for another clubs manager although I think this appointment will be the biggest/hardest decision of their reign.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 15:16 - Apr 20 with 753 viewsIAN05

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 15:12 - Apr 20 by magicdaps10

Murat Yakin at Basel is another interesting one but as i have said before, I cant see the club paying compo for another clubs manager although I think this appointment will be the biggest/hardest decision of their reign.

As will the subsequent decision on what to do with Monk. Would be quite poor form to discard hjm totally, but he may not be willing to take another role.
Right then-NEW MANAGER on 15:18 - Apr 20 with 751 viewsPhil_S

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 15:08 - Apr 20 by IAN05

Gonna be a interesting decision for the board. More experience is needed without doubt, in the current set up neither Monk nor Clotet has enough experience of hands on management to lead us in the premier league.

Who the available candidates are though, I don't know. I cant see us ripping up our philosophy based in one poor season, so the British candidates are very limited. Steve Clarke would be most obvious.

Biesla would seem interesting, but a real maverick by all accounts. Clement has good credentials, but none of us really know what he is like. Hyppia, would be of interest, not had a great year, but neither had Rodgers before we appointed him.

What other names are out there ?

Maybe I missed it but I don't remember Reading every playing to Brendan Rodgers' philosophy? Especially when you factor in that he learned his trade at Chelsea who aren't exactly the most attractive side to watch?

So maybe there is the chance that managers adapt to what we already play thus meaning we dont need to limit our choices?
Right then-NEW MANAGER on 15:19 - Apr 20 with 747 viewsPhil_S

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 15:16 - Apr 20 by IAN05

As will the subsequent decision on what to do with Monk. Would be quite poor form to discard hjm totally, but he may not be willing to take another role.

Then its not tricky. We're bringing in xxx xxx Garry but want you to stay on here in this capacity if you want to.

easy choice.

I like Garry, got a lot of time for him but the managers job is too much too soon IMO
Right then-NEW MANAGER on 15:20 - Apr 20 with 747 viewsIAN05

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 15:18 - Apr 20 by Phil_S

Maybe I missed it but I don't remember Reading every playing to Brendan Rodgers' philosophy? Especially when you factor in that he learned his trade at Chelsea who aren't exactly the most attractive side to watch?

So maybe there is the chance that managers adapt to what we already play thus meaning we dont need to limit our choices?

Yeah maybe. A top coach should be able to adapt. Still not convinced there are many British candidates out there though.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024