Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Right then-NEW MANAGER 17:08 - Apr 19 with 11692 viewsmagicdaps10

Monk is not the man so who should it be??

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 15:21 - Apr 20 with 1289 viewsDr_Winston

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 15:20 - Apr 20 by IAN05

Yeah maybe. A top coach should be able to adapt. Still not convinced there are many British candidates out there though.

Apart from Graeme Jones.

Think we'll go abroad again if Monk doesn't get it. Might steer clear of big names this time around though.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 15:23 - Apr 20 with 1281 viewsIAN05

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 15:21 - Apr 20 by Dr_Winston

Apart from Graeme Jones.

Think we'll go abroad again if Monk doesn't get it. Might steer clear of big names this time around though.

He's bound to be tipped, he always is. Would have happened by now, in my opinion.
Right then-NEW MANAGER on 15:24 - Apr 20 with 1281 viewsPhil_S

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 15:20 - Apr 20 by IAN05

Yeah maybe. A top coach should be able to adapt. Still not convinced there are many British candidates out there though.

Thats quite probable in fairness but I dont think we would/are short of options in the new manager stake if we decide we want one
Right then-NEW MANAGER on 15:26 - Apr 20 with 1275 viewsDr_Winston

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 15:23 - Apr 20 by IAN05

He's bound to be tipped, he always is. Would have happened by now, in my opinion.

Think he's happier being a #2.

Think Phil is right though. There's probably going to be a lot more interest from some reputable names than people think. If someone like Koeman is actively shilling for the job then it can't hurt to look around and see who's up for it.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 15:33 - Apr 20 with 1249 viewsIAN05

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 15:26 - Apr 20 by Dr_Winston

Think Phil is right though. There's probably going to be a lot more interest from some reputable names than people think. If someone like Koeman is actively shilling for the job then it can't hurt to look around and see who's up for it.

We would definitely be attractive. Would imagine the club have already had a fair amount of interest.
Right then-NEW MANAGER on 15:33 - Apr 20 with 1257 viewsUxbridge

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 15:26 - Apr 20 by Dr_Winston

There should certainly be an interview process like there would be for any job. Monk could be one of those.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 16:19 - Apr 20 with 1219 viewsNic2279

Personally, don't see why it can't be Monks.
Someone has mentioned Tim Sherwood, how is he any better thank Monk, pedigree wise?

We're a club who value hard work, honesty, passion and whether we admit it or not as fans we want to be acknowledged, that's one of the reasons we loved BR and RM... It's also one of the reasons that we hated PS and were divided over ML. (I was in the half that hated ML).

The Paul Clement link I like, but what a massive gamble that would be! Oscar Garcia? No thanks.
Why can't we turn our heads and start looking at an experienced coach to come in alongside Curt? Mike Phelan anyone?

Monks is honest, proud and a tactically astute boss. We'll be fine under his reign.

Every man carries a badge. A symbol of his allegiance.

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 16:29 - Apr 20 with 1206 viewsC_jack

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 16:19 - Apr 20 by Nic2279

Personally, don't see why it can't be Monks.
Someone has mentioned Tim Sherwood, how is he any better thank Monk, pedigree wise?

We're a club who value hard work, honesty, passion and whether we admit it or not as fans we want to be acknowledged, that's one of the reasons we loved BR and RM... It's also one of the reasons that we hated PS and were divided over ML. (I was in the half that hated ML).

The Paul Clement link I like, but what a massive gamble that would be! Oscar Garcia? No thanks.
Why can't we turn our heads and start looking at an experienced coach to come in alongside Curt? Mike Phelan anyone?

Monks is honest, proud and a tactically astute boss. We'll be fine under his reign.

And it just keeps on giving..

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Login to get fewer ads

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 16:47 - Apr 20 with 1168 viewsNic2279

Go on.... Expand....

Every man carries a badge. A symbol of his allegiance.

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 16:52 - Apr 20 with 1151 viewsNewhousemustscore

Let's face it will probably be someone "left field" who hasn't been mentioned. In "FourFourTwo" there was an interview with Luis Enrique a few months ago and he said he'd like to manage in the premiership one day. He then said it would have to be the right club, a club who played football the right way and he then went on to say he was a big admirer of Brendan Rogers and had followed the teams he'd managed and liked their style. He's played for barca and real and was manager of Barca B team bringing through a lot of the youngsters under pep. He's also managed in Italy and has guided celta Vigo to a mid table finish this season so his CV isn't too shabby either.
Right then-NEW MANAGER on 16:59 - Apr 20 with 1121 viewsC_jack

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 16:47 - Apr 20 by Nic2279

Go on.... Expand....

You ask about how Sherwood has any greater pedigree than GM. I'd suggest that being an assistant at Spurs for 6 years, just gives him that edge, it's a close call mind..

You talk about turning heads, and bringing in Mike Phelan alongside Curt, turning heads is one idea for it, chopping them off would be another

To top it off, you've somehow decided that Monk is 'tactically astute', how you have come to that conclusion, I would like you to continue in discussion.

Bravo though, a post I heartily enjoyed. This place is fantastic.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2014 17:00]

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 17:02 - Apr 20 with 1114 viewspencoedjack

I hope the decision is made asap, cant be doing with it dragging on for months.

Should all be sorted by end of May.

Personally think Monk is way out of depth, as said earlier in the thread we are a PL side and shouldn't be shopping in Primark.
Right then-NEW MANAGER on 17:13 - Apr 20 with 1089 viewsjohnlangy

I also think we'll be looking for an experienced manager at the end of the season.

Having said that I have huge respect for Garry for what he's done for our Club over the last 10 years or so and I think we should all afford him that respect. No need for comments like 'shopping in Primark' for example (among many others).
Right then-NEW MANAGER on 21:51 - Apr 20 with 951 viewsbermudajack

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 17:13 - Apr 20 by johnlangy

I also think we'll be looking for an experienced manager at the end of the season.

Having said that I have huge respect for Garry for what he's done for our Club over the last 10 years or so and I think we should all afford him that respect. No need for comments like 'shopping in Primark' for example (among many others).

My money is on a Garry Monk/ Graham Jones combo... Huw would absolutely love that...

And I think the players might also ???

Personally I would go for Roberto De Matteo or Steve Clarke with GM as a no 2, but I thought both Martinez & Rodgers were " cheap risky choices" when we gave them their opportunities... Shows what I know eh?

Poll: Priority for new manager?

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 21:55 - Apr 20 with 946 viewsScoobyWho

These merry go round managers, we wont go for any of them, and we all know it.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 22:19 - Apr 20 with 916 viewsKilkennyjack

The fella from Ballmouth ? Eddie Howe.

Beware of the Risen People

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 22:51 - Apr 20 with 871 viewslonglostjack

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 17:02 - Apr 20 by pencoedjack

I hope the decision is made asap, cant be doing with it dragging on for months.

Should all be sorted by end of May.

Personally think Monk is way out of depth, as said earlier in the thread we are a PL side and shouldn't be shopping in Primark.

How is he way out of his depth ?

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 08:17 - Apr 21 with 780 viewsWhiterockin

Because he is not good enough and we can do better. Monk has been fantastic for our club but his experience of coaching and management is minimal. Next season will be massive for us and we want/need better.
Right then-NEW MANAGER on 09:05 - Apr 21 with 755 viewstomdickharry

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 21:51 - Apr 20 by bermudajack

My money is on a Garry Monk/ Graham Jones combo... Huw would absolutely love that...

And I think the players might also ???

Personally I would go for Roberto De Matteo or Steve Clarke with GM as a no 2, but I thought both Martinez & Rodgers were " cheap risky choices" when we gave them their opportunities... Shows what I know eh?

Is that the same Graeme Jones who's was Judas 1 partner in crime,who is Assistant Manager with a club who are on the verge of Champions League football and who has turned his back on us on more than one occasion.Yet again no one mentions the outstanding candidate for the post of Manager of our club Marcelo Brielsa,Monk could learn a lot as part of his backroom staff.
Right then-NEW MANAGER on 09:22 - Apr 21 with 734 viewsTenkosBlondeWig

I would like to think Jenkins has already been in contact with a number of agents regarding the managers role.

We should be appointing a new manager within a week of the season ending

Like someone has said earlier this should not be dragging on and should be sorted before everyone goes off on their holidays.

Huw has had enough time to think about it and get a list of people.

Lets hope we have prepared as we need the new man to plan properly
Lets see if we are professional enough and have everything in place.

I don't mind Monk staying on as a Coach so the transition will be easier for the new man but the only issue I may have is Monk has been found running to Jenkins on a number of occasions regarding other managers. Will he be undermining the new man?
Right then-NEW MANAGER on 09:30 - Apr 21 with 716 viewspremierjack

The job is Monks if he wants it..... And he will
Right then-NEW MANAGER on 09:45 - Apr 21 with 697 viewslonglostjack

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 08:17 - Apr 21 by Whiterockin

Because he is not good enough and we can do better. Monk has been fantastic for our club but his experience of coaching and management is minimal. Next season will be massive for us and we want/need better.

I disagree. There are many "experienced" managers who I think are vastly overrated and so far Monk has done a good job. But let's see - there may well be a pearl of a manager who the board are tracking but if they decide to stick with Monk I'll go along with that.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 09:53 - Apr 21 with 689 viewsTenkosBlondeWig

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 09:45 - Apr 21 by longlostjack

I disagree. There are many "experienced" managers who I think are vastly overrated and so far Monk has done a good job. But let's see - there may well be a pearl of a manager who the board are tracking but if they decide to stick with Monk I'll go along with that.

Monk has done a good job???

3 wins
Right then-NEW MANAGER on 09:56 - Apr 21 with 687 viewsWarwickHunt

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 09:53 - Apr 21 by TenkosBlondeWig

Monk has done a good job???

3 wins

I'm more worried about opposing managers' tactical changes passing him by...
Right then-NEW MANAGER on 10:00 - Apr 21 with 675 viewsUxbridge

Right then-NEW MANAGER on 09:56 - Apr 21 by WarwickHunt

I'm more worried about opposing managers' tactical changes passing him by...

In fairness they didn't on Saturday. It was Pardew though.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024