Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why are we so scared......... 10:28 - Apr 20 with 467 viewsWxmJax

........of getting into the opposition's penalty area ? The only time we really penetrated yesterday was when Emnes came on and we had 2 attackers. The change was amazing, all of a sudden we looked like scoring.

Earlier in the second half someone crossed from the right wing and there was only Boney against 5 Newcastle defenders in the box. The ball broke loose to the penalty spot and once again there was no one there to capitalise on it. I've noticed it all season but being so high up behind the goal it was even more apparent. It's almost as if there is an invisible force field that prevents more than one of our players from entering at any given time. Look at Liverpool, similar style but they play with TWO players up front and that gives the defenders more to think about. It's not rocket science and if someone as simple as me can see it why can't someone at the club see it as well ?
[Post edited 20 Apr 2014 10:29]

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Why are we so scared......... on 10:29 - Apr 20 with 461 viewsTheFranchise

Did you hear? We won :)
Why are we so scared......... on 10:35 - Apr 20 with 429 viewsLord_Bony

We got nothing to lose now I think.

Why don't we carry out a simple experiment under Monk for the rest of the campaign namely this...

We push EVERYONE all and sundry including the GK at times into the oppositions half.

Feed those boys in the box and all troops on strict orders if they get in the said box to

SHOOT ON SIGHT...

iT would certainly be a new tactic and many teams could not cope with it.If successful it could set a whole new trend for next season under Mad Monk.

Just a thought like--*sniff*

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Why are we so scared......... on 10:36 - Apr 20 with 416 viewsWxmJax

Yes it was great, made the car journey home more enjoyable, but that's why we don't win that many at the moment and why we have been in the position we find ourselves in. Teams have sussed us out, playing with one up front all the time with no back up. We need someone who is going to get into the box as a second striker and help Boney.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Why are we so scared......... on 10:47 - Apr 20 with 375 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Why are we so scared......... on 10:35 - Apr 20 by Lord_Bony

We got nothing to lose now I think.

Why don't we carry out a simple experiment under Monk for the rest of the campaign namely this...

We push EVERYONE all and sundry including the GK at times into the oppositions half.

Feed those boys in the box and all troops on strict orders if they get in the said box to

SHOOT ON SIGHT...

iT would certainly be a new tactic and many teams could not cope with it.If successful it could set a whole new trend for next season under Mad Monk.

Just a thought like--*sniff*

I think if Monk did that he would be shot on sight !

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Why are we so scared......... on 10:53 - Apr 20 with 351 viewsA_Fans_Dad

I agree with the Op, JDG, Routes and Nathe have all done it on occasion and scored or had rebounds put in. Quite often the top teams have 2 or 3 attackers in the penalty area on fast attacks.
Why are we so scared......... on 10:53 - Apr 20 with 350 viewsDr_Winston

Why are we so scared......... on 10:47 - Apr 20 by Brynmill_Jack

I think if Monk did that he would be shot on sight !

He'd just deflect any shots with his right foot...

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024