Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Manchester United 17:50 - Apr 20 with 2014 viewsJackfath

They are abysmal. Their current league position flatters them somewhat. A load of over rated players who have had it easy for too long.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Manchester United on 21:13 - Apr 20 with 574 viewswaynekerr55

Manchester United on 18:12 - Apr 20 by JackSomething

Although Moyes looks woefully out of his depth at Old Trafford, he was an unqualified success at Everton. Took them from perennial relegation battlers to an established top half club. Probably took them as far as he can, but giving Martinez all the credit there is like giving Martinez himself no credit for what we achieved under Rodgers.

His record against the top 6 this season proves his limits for me. Somewhat of a flat track bully if you like and not suited to a top club.

Unqualified success?

2004/5 apart he kept a club with a top 8 budget in the top 8.

Woeful style of play, woeful mentality and an attitude to conditioning that makes Oscar Garcia look competent

Decent, but decent is nowhere near enough for a top club.

Brendan is miles ahead of him

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Manchester United on 21:16 - Apr 20 with 559 viewsDarran

Manchester United on 21:13 - Apr 20 by waynekerr55

Unqualified success?

Woeful style of play, woeful mentality and an attitude to conditioning that makes Oscar Garcia look competent

Yeah you've said.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Manchester United on 21:19 - Apr 20 with 549 viewswaynekerr55

Manchester United on 21:16 - Apr 20 by Darran

Yeah you've said.

Have I? Are you sure

Manchester United on 21:21 - Apr 20 with 545 viewsDarran

Manchester United on 21:19 - Apr 20 by waynekerr55

Have I? Are you sure

Yeah definitely Neath_Jack told me.

Manchester United on 21:21 - Apr 20 with 542 viewswaynekerr55

Manchester United on 21:21 - Apr 20 by Darran

Yeah definitely Neath_Jack told me.

Loves ewe both

Manchester United on 21:24 - Apr 20 with 536 viewsDr_Winston

Manchester United on 20:31 - Apr 20 by Darran

No I don't but he's not class either.

So there actually is a difference between class players and merely good ones.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Manchester United on 21:26 - Apr 20 with 530 viewsDarran

Manchester United on 21:24 - Apr 20 by Dr_Winston

So there actually is a difference between class players and merely good ones.

All depends who we are taking about.

Manchester United on 21:30 - Apr 20 with 523 viewsItchySphincter

For Moyes this year see Rodgers last year. He has to have a second season to see if he can make an impact. If he can't he's fooked.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Login to get fewer ads

Manchester United on 21:30 - Apr 20 with 519 viewsDr_Winston

Manchester United on 21:26 - Apr 20 by Darran

All depends who we are taking about.

Apparently so.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Manchester United on 21:33 - Apr 20 with 512 viewswaynekerr55

Manchester United on 21:30 - Apr 20 by ItchySphincter

For Moyes this year see Rodgers last year. He has to have a second season to see if he can make an impact. If he can't he's fooked.

Agree to a point, but what style does Moyes bring? He thinks number 10's should play on the wing, that running players more means they'll win and that 442 somehow works at the top of the game.

At least towards the end of last year you could see some fluidity and progress with Diverpool last year.

Although given the hammering I took on here yesterday, don't be surprised to see me with egg on my face

Manchester United on 21:36 - Apr 20 with 508 viewsDr_Winston

Manchester United on 21:33 - Apr 20 by waynekerr55

Agree to a point, but what style does Moyes bring? He thinks number 10's should play on the wing, that running players more means they'll win and that 442 somehow works at the top of the game.

At least towards the end of last year you could see some fluidity and progress with Diverpool last year.

Although given the hammering I took on here yesterday, don't be surprised to see me with egg on my face

If you don't get hounded by the masses on here now and again you're doing it wrong.

Next duff appearance off the bench and everyone will want Emnes gone again. It's how the place works.

Manchester United on 21:45 - Apr 20 with 478 viewsItchySphincter

Manchester United on 21:33 - Apr 20 by waynekerr55

Yeah, I'm not convinced by him but in the interests of fairness he should get a second season, no excuses then. Not particularly fond of Liverpool or Yernited but I would like to see them both battling it out for the title.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Manchester United on 21:46 - Apr 20 with 478 viewsJBT95

Manchester United on 21:30 - Apr 20 by ItchySphincter

Liverpool really kicked on under Rodgers after January last year, when they had just two Europa League games left as they got knocked out at the Round of 32.

It's happened again this season for Liverpool, no Europe, but they've been stronger after Christmas, and look like they will win the league.

Moyes' reign been nothing like Liverpool last season.
Manchester United on 21:48 - Apr 20 with 471 viewsJBT95

Manchester United on 21:45 - Apr 20 by ItchySphincter

Yeah, I'm not convinced by him but in the interests of fairness he should get a second season, no excuses then. Not particularly fond of Liverpool or Yernited but I would like to see them both battling it out for the title.

Generally the two sides' type of play is great to watch along with Arsenal and now Everton; Chelsea, Spurs and Man City less so.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2014 22:19]
Manchester United on 21:51 - Apr 20 with 462 viewsDarran

Manchester United on 21:46 - Apr 20 by JBT95

Liverpool really kicked on under Rodgers after January last year, when they had just two Europa League games left as they got knocked out at the Round of 32.

It's happened again this season for Liverpool, no Europe, but they've been stronger after Christmas, and look like they will win the league.

Moyes' reign been nothing like Liverpool last season.

So Liverpool won't be very good next season with Europe then.

Manchester United on 22:03 - Apr 20 with 441 viewscockneyswan

Who gives a f uck?
Manchester United on 22:13 - Apr 20 with 429 viewsJackSomething

Manchester United on 21:13 - Apr 20 by waynekerr55

Unqualified success?

Look at the state of the club when he got there.

I'm not defending the guy, he's not good enough for the top clubs and his football is hardly exciting to watch, but it's the re-writing of history that really grinds my gears.

Any Everton fan would have sung his praises before he left, now he's flopping at United, people want to distance themselves from what they used to think and try to change the facts.

We've seen plenty of it ourselves when managers have left. It takes a while but most can appreciate what ex-managers have done for us when they look back.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Manchester United on 23:48 - Apr 20 with 402 viewswaynekerr55

Manchester United on 22:13 - Apr 20 by JackSomething

Look at the state of the club when he got there.

I'm not defending the guy, he's not good enough for the top clubs and his football is hardly exciting to watch, but it's the re-writing of history that really grinds my gears.

Any Everton fan would have sung his praises before he left, now he's flopping at United, people want to distance themselves from what they used to think and try to change the facts.

We've seen plenty of it ourselves when managers have left. It takes a while but most can appreciate what ex-managers have done for us when they look back.

I agree he gave them stability but the whole "he worked on a shoe string" was a massive urban myth.

Manchester United on 09:06 - Apr 21 with 353 viewsJackSomething

Manchester United on 23:48 - Apr 20 by waynekerr55

I agree he gave them stability but the whole "he worked on a shoe string" was a massive urban myth.

Agreed. He had some expensive signings and a lot of them were busts. He seemed to do better with cheap signings like Cahill and Arteta. Another sign he wouldn't be good enough for United. What would a good manager have done with the £64m he's wasted on Fellaini and Mata (a good player, but not what they needed)?

Let's say what he achieved was taking over a team that had under-achieved for years and returned them to the top half of the table consistently. Not a job worthy enough to get him the United gig, but not the bad job many are now making out. Martinez wouldn't have them challenging for CL without the foundation Moyes left.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Manchester United on 09:21 - Apr 21 with 344 viewspremierjack

Manchester United on 20:50 - Apr 20 by icecoldjack

Well ive seen him play in the flesh and he aint up to much at all, england international ? not as good as Joe Allen but because he came through at united he is seen as better than what he actually is .

What class does he have then ? he is a decent player but certainly not a Man utd player.

The hype on some of their lads is totally off the chart,have a look at a certain cardiff player who was going to be the next best thing at utd, routs totally totally murdered him in a couple of games .

Alot of utds young players are trading on reputation,if there was anything about them they wouldn't be in 7th .

What a load if rubbish. The 'utd youngsters' become just that because they are the top kids around coming through starting from a young age. Utd have piked them up from a reason. Cleverly is a very good player who has received a lot of critism from people cos its easier to blame a kid for a dip in form than look at the other 10 on the pitch, the coaches and the manager.

I didn't say that joe Allen wasn't better than him?? I believe Joe is a better player but he is excellent, which doesn't make cleverly crap. Joe came through the local academy but his talent as a kid was exceptional and I know coaches that have said "with his talent, his attitude and the family he has around him Joe would have come though ANY academy to be a footballer"! Exactly the same I've heard about Ben Davies!

What Utd youngsters are going on reputation? I beleive that its the older players at Utd that are still playing on reputation.
Manchester United on 10:56 - Apr 21 with 320 viewsApeShit

Manchester United on 20:50 - Apr 20 by icecoldjack

Well ive seen him play in the flesh and he aint up to much at all, england international ? not as good as Joe Allen but because he came through at united he is seen as better than what he actually is .

What class does he have then ? he is a decent player but certainly not a Man utd player.

The hype on some of their lads is totally off the chart,have a look at a certain cardiff player who was going to be the next best thing at utd, routs totally totally murdered him in a couple of games .

Alot of utds young players are trading on reputation,if there was anything about them they wouldn't be in 7th .

Cleverly is better than Joe Allen
Manchester United on 11:04 - Apr 21 with 316 viewsZut_Alors

Manchester United on 20:12 - Apr 20 by premierjack

Cleverly isn't a bad player, he's been slated by the media and as usual.... People believe what the read and go along with it. He's still a kid and its obvious his slump in form and all the abuse has smashed his confidence. It didnt seem that long ago (before a foot injury I think) that everyone was raving about him, he came on against man city once and won the game on his own for united.

Form is temporary, class is permanent - he will be back, maybe not at united but he definitely a quality premier league player.

I'd have Shelvey and JDG ahead of Cleverly.
Manchester United on 11:11 - Apr 21 with 314 viewsCooperman

My thoughts...

SAF got out at the right time for him. He could see an ageing squad before him and predicted a difficult rebuilding task. He decided to go out on a high.

Manure need to spend at least £200m to get back to where they were 2 or 3 seasons ago. A pair of CB's is top of the shopping list closely followed by FB's.

They will be held to ransom (hopefully) by those clubs who can see that a rebuilding job is needed.

And even then this £200m worth if talent will need a season or so to gel together.

They are 6th or 7th best as it stands now and that won't change any time soon.

Good!

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Manchester United on 11:38 - Apr 21 with 294 viewsZut_Alors

Moyes is too cautious and fans will only accept pragmatism if it yields results. That's why Brendan got an easier ride from the Liverpool fans, as at least they could see his early failures were at least due to changing the style.

Other than Carrick, their centre midfielders are dog sh*t. Ferguson's legacy there is awful, and Moyes failure to land someone better suited to the role than Fellaini is a horrible one. Put Fernandinho in that side and I think they'd be contending for top 4.
Manchester United on 16:19 - Apr 21 with 260 viewspremierjack

Manchester United on 11:04 - Apr 21 by Zut_Alors

I'd have Shelvey and JDG ahead of Cleverly.

Lol I want some of what ever your smoking!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024