Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Manager of year 22:50 - Apr 20 with 2814 viewsGretsch

Has to be Pullis surely?
Manager of year on 23:29 - Apr 20 with 2776 viewsNaughty71

Brendan will get it. There is no debate about this.

"Who scored that Naughty?", "I don't know, I've forgotten my bl**dy glasses again!".

Manager of year on 23:42 - Apr 20 with 2755 viewsNeathJack

Manager of year on 23:29 - Apr 20 by Naughty71

Brendan will get it. There is no debate about this.

Yep, but Pulis should get it.

As well as Liverpool have done, they have had an enormous advantage over the other top clubs this season by not being in Europe.

Pulis has worked absolute miracles as Palace.
Manager of year on 23:57 - Apr 20 with 2736 viewsScoobyWho

Manager of year on 23:42 - Apr 20 by NeathJack

As well as Liverpool have done, they have had an enormous advantage over the other top clubs this season by not being in Europe.

Palace aren't in Europe

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Manager of year on 01:03 - Apr 21 with 2683 viewsDyfnant

If Liverpool win the title, it'll be the greatest achievement in the premiership era

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Manager of year on 01:08 - Apr 21 with 2679 viewsNeathJack

Manager of year on 23:57 - Apr 20 by ScoobyWho

Palace aren't in Europe

Correct.

Neither are/were Liverpool which was the point I was making.
Manager of year on 07:54 - Apr 21 with 2627 viewsquiff

Pulis has been magnificent, but if Liverpool win the title the award will quite rightly be Brendan's

Poll: Is now the time for a Coordinated Fan protest?

Manager of year on 09:37 - Apr 21 with 2571 viewsNaughty71

Keeping a struggling club in a league will never eclipse a club winning the title, especially this year, a club that has been out of the running for 25 years now in a position to win it, with all the history behind them.

Brendan will walk the manager of the year. Even if they, by some absurd miracle don't win it and come second.

He has moved on from being a great manager to a top class one. He will be highly sought after. But luckily Liverpool are still in the position of being one of the biggest clubs in the world, and bar clubs like Barcelona and Real Madrid, there is nowhere for him to go. If Liverpool can sustain these levels of performance, I can see them dominating this league and scaring the pants off some of the other European teams for quite some time.

"Who scored that Naughty?", "I don't know, I've forgotten my bl**dy glasses again!".

Manager of year on 09:43 - Apr 21 with 2562 viewsswancity

You could get 33/1 against Liverpool winning the league in August, and they are now 1/4.

They have gone from also fans to the best 'team' in the country within 8 months. Rodgers is manager of the year but followed by martinez. Pulis has transformed palace and that deserves recognition too.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Login to get fewer ads

Manager of year (n/t) on 10:04 - Apr 21 with 2536 viewsC_jack

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Manager of year on 10:06 - Apr 21 with 2533 viewsC_jack

For me, it's a greater achievement to squeeze potential and performances out of lesser players, than it is to get top level players to be.. well top level. I'd go with Pulis but no doubt people will be falling over one another to give it to Brenda.

Manager of year on 10:21 - Apr 21 with 2519 viewsSlugster664

Brendan and Liverpool have been outstanding. I'm thrilled to bits for him, Joey Allen and Pascoe. 2 of which learnt everything from our club whilst the other was put on the map by SCFC.

I hope Brendan gets it.

STID

Manager of year on 10:48 - Apr 21 with 2483 viewsTheFranchise

Laudrup
Manager of year on 10:52 - Apr 21 with 2471 viewsllangyfelach

My manager, for making me work today

Poll: Sugar on Weetabix?

Manager of year on 11:47 - Apr 21 with 2439 viewsDyfnant

Manager of year on 10:06 - Apr 21 by C_jack

For me, it's a greater achievement to squeeze potential and performances out of lesser players, than it is to get top level players to be.. well top level. I'd go with Pulis but no doubt people will be falling over one another to give it to Brenda.

The first paragraph is exactly what Brodge has done at Liverpool this season, the bulk of a squad that previously bored the balls off everyone under Dalglish.
If Man Utd or Chelsea come calling I still reckon he'll be off ASAP, like us they'll never truly compete whilst they lack stadium size and hospitality facilities

Manager of year on 11:50 - Apr 21 with 2434 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Manager of year on 11:47 - Apr 21 by Dyfnant

The first paragraph is exactly what Brodge has done at Liverpool this season, the bulk of a squad that previously bored the balls off everyone under Dalglish.
If Man Utd or Chelsea come calling I still reckon he'll be off ASAP, like us they'll never truly compete whilst they lack stadium size and hospitality facilities

No I think he may stick with these cards. He's being treated by the scousers as C3PO was by the Ewoks mun

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Manager of year on 12:01 - Apr 21 with 2416 viewsItchySphincter

I don't mind Pullis but he has done purely what was expected of him. It's commonly said that getting a team up is harder than keeping them up so maybe Holloway should've manned up and seen it through.

Taking a team from seventh to first however is some achievement, Europe or not.

Martinez and Steve Bruce must match Pullis for what they've done.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Manager of year on 12:17 - Apr 21 with 2388 viewsFrankyBurrowsTash

1,Rodgers Pool beat the money bags to win League
2,Martinez Everton have been amazing this campaign and could have champs Lge next season
3,Bruce FA cup finalist and retained Lge status.
4,Pulis despite the odds, retained Lge status
5,Moyes turned Champions in to a joke
Manager of year on 12:50 - Apr 21 with 2368 viewsTomFoolery

Manager of year on 10:06 - Apr 21 by C_jack

Exactly, the Liverpool squad cost peanuts compared to the likes of Chelsea and Mancity. Also the argument (not yours obviously) that Liverpool were not in Europe is also invalid due to the size and quality of the squads.

So by your argument Brendan deserves to get the award.
Manager of year on 22:49 - Apr 21 with 2281 viewsC_jack

Manager of year on 11:47 - Apr 21 by Dyfnant

How are the lieks of Suarez, Gerrard and Sturridge lesser players?

Manager of year on 22:53 - Apr 21 with 2274 viewsJoe_bradshaw

How times change.

Michael Laudrup was seriously being mentioned a year ago and not just by Swans fans.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Manager of year on 00:20 - Apr 22 with 2221 viewsDyfnant

Manager of year on 22:49 - Apr 21 by C_jack

How are the lieks of Suarez, Gerrard and Sturridge lesser players?

Sturridge failed at Man city and Chelsea. Suarez was a basket case before BR arrived and Gerrards found his most valuable position. From last seasons top 4, none were interested in any of them other than Suarez and Arsenal which was clearly driven from boardroom and fan unrest. Frankly he deserves it for having the balls to get shot Andy Carroll, as he clearly couldn't play the swansea way

Manager of year on 06:47 - Apr 22 with 2163 viewsNeath_Jack

Those who say Brendan shouldn't get it are those with Chelsea/Man Utd as their second team.

It's that simple.

What happens if Poyet escapes from the drop, surely that would make him better than Pulis? When was the last time any manager in that situation won Manager of the year? Exactly.

Liverpool where an absolute basket case of a club when Brendan went there, what he's managed in his short time is a fantastic achievement. If i remember correctly, people on here where laughing at him going there at the time, saying he wouldn't last the year. He's made an awful lot of people eat their words.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Manager of year on 08:00 - Apr 22 with 2126 viewsQuakerJack

Manager of year on 06:47 - Apr 22 by Neath_Jack

Those who say Brendan shouldn't get it are those with Chelsea/Man Utd as their second team.

It's that simple.

What happens if Poyet escapes from the drop, surely that would make him better than Pulis? When was the last time any manager in that situation won Manager of the year? Exactly.

Liverpool where an absolute basket case of a club when Brendan went there, what he's managed in his short time is a fantastic achievement. If i remember correctly, people on here where laughing at him going there at the time, saying he wouldn't last the year. He's made an awful lot of people eat their words.

None more so than me. Honestly thought he'd nosedive.

What he's achieved is remarkable, even if they don't win the title.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Manager of year on 08:31 - Apr 22 with 2115 viewscsf

How many of the teams that have won the premier league didn't compete in Europe? Think Liverpool will be either the first or second if they do it? SO being in Europe hasn't hampered many teams that much.

Personally think Pulis and Brendan are equally deserving but think Brendan will get it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024