Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Marvin Emnes 00:33 - Apr 21 with 15286 viewsLiberty

Some players need a lucky break when it comes to their career.

Think for the short time he has been with us, 2 loan periods, he has done enough to get a 3 year deal.

Made a big impact in the short time he has been given on both occasions, winner against Cardiff last time around and now he just helped keep us in prem. Relatively cheap and Monk believes in him.

Sign him up. Only 25, plenty more to come I reckon.

Poll: League 2 Mod , Darr, but we are now in Prem - time for a change ?

Marvin Emnes on 01:09 - Apr 21 with 5120 viewsLiberty

Emnes is pleased with his contribution, that makes 2 of us.

http://mobile.swanseacity.net/news/article/me-newcastle-a-1500052.aspx

Poll: League 2 Mod , Darr, but we are now in Prem - time for a change ?

Marvin Emnes on 08:28 - Apr 21 with 4952 viewsRevJames

The winner came from him doing what not a lot of others have done this season - get in the box and have a go
Marvin Emnes on 08:59 - Apr 21 with 4867 viewstomdickharry

One swallow doesn't make a summer,Emnes is not good enough as a long term PL player,we have suffered this season with players who are just not of PL standard we shouldn't fall into that trap again. If Norwich go down or even if they stay up a player like Snodgrass would be ideal for us,scores goals,never gives up and can put his foot in when required.Also takes a mean free kick.
Marvin Emnes on 09:25 - Apr 21 with 4810 viewsTenkosBlondeWig

Marvin Emnes on 08:59 - Apr 21 by tomdickharry

One swallow doesn't make a summer,Emnes is not good enough as a long term PL player,we have suffered this season with players who are just not of PL standard we shouldn't fall into that trap again. If Norwich go down or even if they stay up a player like Snodgrass would be ideal for us,scores goals,never gives up and can put his foot in when required.Also takes a mean free kick.

I agree.

We have seen Lamah make an impact on times for 20 minutes here and there but he is not good enough either.

I would like to see us pinch Snodgrass and Redmond from Norwich.

Cant stand Snodgrass but he got a sweet left foot and works his socks off. Always gives 100%
Marvin Emnes on 09:27 - Apr 21 with 4803 viewspremierjack

I think the OP could be Mrs Emnes.

Seriously tho, I agree.... I don't think he will ever be in our starting 11 if everyone is fit but in my opinion he is a perfect player to have in the squad. I always like Pozuelo coming off the bench late in a game to try and make an impact, I think Marvin give is a lot more.

Sign him up
Marvin Emnes on 09:34 - Apr 21 with 4774 viewsicecoldjack

Marvin will be staying here, the chairman has been stalking him for 3 yrs so i cant see him waving good bye to Marvin any time soon,if the money is right he will get a contract.

Marvin can play in a number of positions as well, which helps ..
Marvin Emnes on 09:35 - Apr 21 with 4768 viewsDarran

Marvin should start on Saturday before the pointless most inconsistent player we've ever had Hernandez.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Marvin Emnes on 09:38 - Apr 21 with 4754 viewsicecoldjack

Pablo is either red hot or totally crap but when he is on his game he is sublime, Villa will suit him so i say start with Pablo .
Login to get fewer ads

Marvin Emnes on 09:38 - Apr 21 with 4752 viewsTenkosBlondeWig

Marvin Emnes on 09:34 - Apr 21 by icecoldjack

Marvin will be staying here, the chairman has been stalking him for 3 yrs so i cant see him waving good bye to Marvin any time soon,if the money is right he will get a contract.

Marvin can play in a number of positions as well, which helps ..

How can you say that ?

Monk or Laudrup don't seem to have given him much game time
Marvin Emnes on 09:39 - Apr 21 with 4748 views3swan

All depends who's available and how much money we will spend.

IMO he's had a couple of impact games in his time here. A squad player at best, but do I want him taking a place in the squad just as a 15min a game time? Would worry if any main striker was injured and we had to rely on him as our only attacking option for a run of games.
Marvin Emnes on 09:39 - Apr 21 with 4745 viewsTenkosBlondeWig

Marvin Emnes on 09:35 - Apr 21 by Darran

Marvin should start on Saturday before the pointless most inconsistent player we've ever had Hernandez.

I agree that Emnes should start before Pablo purely based on Pablo's terrible performance at Newcastle and Emnes' impact.
Marvin Emnes on 09:41 - Apr 21 with 4717 viewsDarran

Marvin Emnes on 09:39 - Apr 21 by TenkosBlondeWig

I agree that Emnes should start before Pablo purely based on Pablo's terrible performance at Newcastle and Emnes' impact.

Pablo's put in far more terrible performances than decent ones.im not getting the fuss.

Marvin Emnes on 09:42 - Apr 21 with 4712 viewsWarwickHunt

Emnes ahead of Pablo?

Christ on a f*cking bike.
Marvin Emnes on 09:43 - Apr 21 with 4699 viewsStarsky

For me, I'm keeping an open mind. He's certainly very mobile despite not getting much game time and I can't remember the last time one of our forwards just run into the penalty area like that.
If he were available on a free I do think he may have potential as a squad player.
We aint gonna sign 22 top notch Premier superstars for our squad are we?
I'd shift out Lamah, Tiendalli, Ngog, Lita for starters & keep on looking at Emnes in the next 3 games.
I think with most on here it's the dubious circumstances Emnes was signed is clouding their judgement. Try & set that aside and look at his contribution.
He hasn't had much game time but his cameo against Newcastle could well have helped us survive in this division this season.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2014 9:46]

It's just the internet, init.

Marvin Emnes on 09:44 - Apr 21 with 4679 viewsUxbridge

Marvin Emnes on 09:35 - Apr 21 by Darran

Ooh. Mr Controversial.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Marvin Emnes on 09:46 - Apr 21 with 4666 viewsTenkosBlondeWig

You have to think why Middlesborough want to get rid if he is Premier League quality !!!!!?
Marvin Emnes on 09:46 - Apr 21 with 4664 viewsswancity

Unpredictable, good movement, can see a pass and can take defenders on with good control of the ball and with a powerful strike, he would be a good squad addition, no doubt.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Marvin Emnes on 09:46 - Apr 21 with 4662 viewsDarran

Marvin Emnes on 09:44 - Apr 21 by Uxbridge

Ooh. Mr Controversial.

It's true though,the blokes played about 60 games for us and had been good in about 10.

Marvin Emnes on 09:48 - Apr 21 with 4640 viewsStarsky

Marvin Emnes on 09:46 - Apr 21 by TenkosBlondeWig

You have to think why Middlesborough want to get rid if he is Premier League quality !!!!!?

It's how a player fits this club... not the other clubs. It's been that way for the last 10 years.

It's just the internet, init.

Marvin Emnes on 09:48 - Apr 21 with 4635 viewsUxbridge

Marvin Emnes on 09:46 - Apr 21 by Darran

It's true though,the blokes played about 60 games for us and had been good in about 10.

Controversial again. Phil's told you to up the click count has he?

Marvin Emnes on 09:49 - Apr 21 with 4605 viewsDarran

Marvin Emnes on 09:48 - Apr 21 by Uxbridge

Controversial again. Phil's told you to up the click count has he?

It's true though I wouldn't expect a dullard to agree.

Marvin Emnes on 09:52 - Apr 21 with 4582 viewsWarwickHunt

Marvin Emnes on 09:46 - Apr 21 by swancity

Unpredictable, good movement, can see a pass and can take defenders on with good control of the ball and with a powerful strike, he would be a good squad addition, no doubt.

Good control...

Marvin Emnes on 09:52 - Apr 21 with 4579 viewsUxbridge

Marvin Emnes on 09:49 - Apr 21 by Darran

It's true though I wouldn't expect a dullard to agree.

It's an opinion. Opinions are neither true or false, although you are often the exception to that

Marvin Emnes on 09:54 - Apr 21 with 4562 viewsDarran

Marvin Emnes on 09:52 - Apr 21 by Uxbridge

It's an opinion. Opinions are neither true or false, although you are often the exception to that

It's not an opinion at all it's a fact. He's got all the ability in the world but he just can't hack it in the PL.

Marvin Emnes on 09:55 - Apr 21 with 4550 viewsswancity

Marvin Emnes on 09:52 - Apr 21 by WarwickHunt

Good control...

Yes that's right are you a parrot

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024