Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Marvin Emnes 00:33 - Apr 21 with 15285 viewsLiberty

Some players need a lucky break when it comes to their career.

Think for the short time he has been with us, 2 loan periods, he has done enough to get a 3 year deal.

Made a big impact in the short time he has been given on both occasions, winner against Cardiff last time around and now he just helped keep us in prem. Relatively cheap and Monk believes in him.

Sign him up. Only 25, plenty more to come I reckon.

Poll: League 2 Mod , Darr, but we are now in Prem - time for a change ?

Marvin Emnes on 09:56 - Apr 21 with 1287 viewsUxbridge

Marvin Emnes on 09:54 - Apr 21 by Darran

It's not an opinion at all it's a fact. He's got all the ability in the world but he just can't hack it in the PL.

Well that's me convinced.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Marvin Emnes on 09:58 - Apr 21 with 1280 viewsperchrockjack

Not sure but if a good deal then a good back up player.

Not our priority IMO which is a goalkeeper

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Marvin Emnes on 10:00 - Apr 21 with 1270 viewsWarwickHunt

Marvin Emnes on 09:55 - Apr 21 by swancity

Yes that's right are you a parrot

I've had funnier hemorrhoids.

By the way, I'd have thought a "journalist" would have mastered basic punctuation.
Marvin Emnes on 10:00 - Apr 21 with 1267 viewsDarran

Marvin Emnes on 09:56 - Apr 21 by Uxbridge

Well that's me convinced.

I couldn't care less if you're convinced or not you've clearly got the hots for him.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Marvin Emnes on 10:02 - Apr 21 with 1254 viewsswancity

Marvin Emnes on 10:00 - Apr 21 by WarwickHunt

I've had funnier hemorrhoids.

By the way, I'd have thought a "journalist" would have mastered basic punctuation.

And you can't spell piles lol

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Marvin Emnes on 10:02 - Apr 21 with 1254 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Emnes may not be ahead of Pablo on Pablo's best days, and they are few and far between, but he is not far behind. He is way ahead of Pablo on a Pablo bad day.
He fits our playing style has a lot of potential and could well blossom under our playing tactics.
Definitely give him a chance, he is far better than those mentioned in post #15 above.
Marvin Emnes on 10:02 - Apr 21 with 1254 viewsUxbridge

Marvin Emnes on 10:00 - Apr 21 by Darran

I couldn't care less if you're convinced or not you've clearly got the hots for him.

It's true, I've got a soft spot for lightweight Iberians who philistines can't appreciate ...

Marvin Emnes on 10:02 - Apr 21 with 1254 viewsNeath_Jack

Would be an excellent addition to the squad.

Unless of course we have a bottomless pit then we could buy a load of Iniesta's to make up the bench. Yeah i can be as silly as much as the ones who are writing him off.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Login to get fewer ads

Marvin Emnes on 10:02 - Apr 21 with 1251 viewsDr_Winston

Marvin Emnes on 09:46 - Apr 21 by swancity

Unpredictable, good movement, can see a pass and can take defenders on with good control of the ball and with a powerful strike, he would be a good squad addition, no doubt.

And I get accused of making stuff up to suit my agenda.

Brilliant.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Marvin Emnes on 10:04 - Apr 21 with 1230 viewsWarwickHunt

Marvin Emnes on 10:02 - Apr 21 by swancity

And you can't spell piles lol

Stop it, I'm about to pop a rib.
Marvin Emnes on 10:04 - Apr 21 with 1230 viewsDarran

Marvin Emnes on 10:02 - Apr 21 by Uxbridge

It's true, I've got a soft spot for lightweight Iberians who philistines can't appreciate ...

I can appreciate him when he does things to appreciate which isn't very often.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Marvin Emnes on 10:04 - Apr 21 with 1227 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Marvin Emnes on 10:02 - Apr 21 by Dr_Winston

And I get accused of making stuff up to suit my agenda.

Brilliant.

So he didn't do those things on Saturday?
Marvin Emnes on 10:05 - Apr 21 with 1221 viewsItchySphincter

Marvin Emnes on 08:59 - Apr 21 by tomdickharry

One swallow doesn't make a summer,Emnes is not good enough as a long term PL player,we have suffered this season with players who are just not of PL standard we shouldn't fall into that trap again. If Norwich go down or even if they stay up a player like Snodgrass would be ideal for us,scores goals,never gives up and can put his foot in when required.Also takes a mean free kick.

Your wrong and right. One swallow does not make a summer but Marv was a massive signing for Boro, we could not afford to sign him in the Championship, we didn't send him back because he was cr@p, we would have loved to have kept him then. He did very well for Boro at times, even though they played him often as a striker. Gave a good few years to a side struggling to arrest serious decline and deserves his chance with us. Not saying he'd be first name on the team sheet but a very good option to have in the squad.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Marvin Emnes on 10:07 - Apr 21 with 1192 viewsDrizzle

Drizzy must have hacked swancities account. Until now he has been unrivaled as the biggest div on here.No longer. The gloves are off it seems. Time for a 'dim' off?
[Post edited 21 Apr 2014 10:08]
Marvin Emnes on 10:07 - Apr 21 with 1190 viewsUxbridge

Marvin Emnes on 10:04 - Apr 21 by A_Fans_Dad

Well no, not really.

There's worse around, for sure. Would have no objections to him filling the Lamah role. But regular feature? Not for me.

Marvin Emnes on 10:08 - Apr 21 with 1181 viewsDr_Winston

Marvin Emnes on 10:04 - Apr 21 by A_Fans_Dad

The first four or five times the ball went near him resulted in immediate surrender of possession. I've seen brick walls with a better first touch.

He won a penalty. Good for him. First positive contribution he's made since he got here. Oddly that seems to have convinced the flock that he's worth keeping around long term.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Marvin Emnes on 10:11 - Apr 21 with 1156 viewsWarwickHunt

Marvin Emnes on 10:08 - Apr 21 by Dr_Winston

The first four or five times the ball went near him resulted in immediate surrender of possession. I've seen brick walls with a better first touch.

He won a penalty. Good for him. First positive contribution he's made since he got here. Oddly that seems to have convinced the flock that he's worth keeping around long term.

His human pinball machine impression is indeed f*cking impressive.
Marvin Emnes on 10:11 - Apr 21 with 1156 viewsC_jack

Some need a lucky break, and by eck he's had it, championship players who are more than decent at that level must be queuing up to ask for his secret.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Marvin Emnes on 10:13 - Apr 21 with 1147 viewsItchySphincter

Marvin Emnes on 10:08 - Apr 21 by Dr_Winston

Well I for one went against the grain and said when he was signed that I was pleased with it. A Swansea City signing, an antidote to what we have unfortunately become in the last year and a half. The unfortunate thing is that you have your mind made up and regardless of what he does you will not afford him any credit. Surpising coming from someone usually as on the point as your good self.

Marvin Emnes on 10:15 - Apr 21 with 1142 viewsSlugster664

You have to be a fecking retard, blind or both if you even contemplate starting Emnes over Hernandez.

However,Hernandez was appalling on Saturday whilst Emnes impact got us our much needed winner.

STID

Marvin Emnes on 10:16 - Apr 21 with 1137 viewsItchySphincter

Marvin Emnes on 10:11 - Apr 21 by WarwickHunt

His human pinball machine impression is indeed f*cking impressive.

Use it or lose it. Needs to play to get his chops up, same as Bony early on. That's not a direct comparison btw.

Marvin Emnes on 10:17 - Apr 21 with 1134 viewsDr_Winston

Marvin Emnes on 10:13 - Apr 21 by ItchySphincter

Well I for one went against the grain and said when he was signed that I was pleased with it. A Swansea City signing, an antidote to what we have unfortunately become in the last year and a half. The unfortunate thing is that you have your mind made up and regardless of what he does you will not afford him any credit. Surpising coming from someone usually as on the point as your good self.

I saw nothing in him when he was here the first time. I've seen even less this time around. I have a genuine concern for the progress we have made as a club if this is the standard of player that we're actively looking to recruit.

Marvin Emnes on 10:18 - Apr 21 with 1130 viewsWarwickHunt

Marvin Emnes on 10:16 - Apr 21 by ItchySphincter

Use it or lose it. Needs to play to get his chops up, same as Bony early on. That's not a direct comparison btw.

Aye - a few more like games under his belt and he'll be like Messi...
Marvin Emnes on 10:19 - Apr 21 with 1121 viewsItchySphincter

Marvin Emnes on 10:17 - Apr 21 by Dr_Winston

I saw nothing in him when he was here the first time. I've seen even less this time around. I have a genuine concern for the progress we have made as a club if this is the standard of player that we're actively looking to recruit.

Fair enough but we need 22-25 players and they can't all be £12M superstars. I don't think we'll sign him as it happens but if we do he won't let us down.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2014 10:19]

Marvin Emnes on 10:21 - Apr 21 with 1116 viewsStarsky

Marvin Emnes on 10:13 - Apr 21 by ItchySphincter

Aye... and we get labelled as the 'flock' for having a different opinion.
Watch out Itchy, It's not kool to like Emnes.

It's just the internet, init.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024