Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Marvin Emnes 00:33 - Apr 21 with 15301 viewsLiberty

Some players need a lucky break when it comes to their career.

Think for the short time he has been with us, 2 loan periods, he has done enough to get a 3 year deal.

Made a big impact in the short time he has been given on both occasions, winner against Cardiff last time around and now he just helped keep us in prem. Relatively cheap and Monk believes in him.

Sign him up. Only 25, plenty more to come I reckon.

Poll: League 2 Mod , Darr, but we are now in Prem - time for a change ?

Marvin Emnes on 10:21 - Apr 21 with 1354 viewsItchySphincter

Marvin Emnes on 10:18 - Apr 21 by WarwickHunt

Aye - a few more like games under his belt and he'll be like Messi...

Okay, I didn't say that either but I don't need to explain that to you.

Can't wait 'til we sign Messi though.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Marvin Emnes on 10:26 - Apr 21 with 1338 viewsWarwickHunt

Marvin Emnes on 10:21 - Apr 21 by ItchySphincter

Okay, I didn't say that either but I don't need to explain that to you.

Can't wait 'til we sign Messi though.

You're being silly now - I doubt if Messi's ever been anywhere near Middlesbrough.
Marvin Emnes on 10:27 - Apr 21 with 1335 viewsmonmouth

Marvin Emnes on 10:08 - Apr 21 by Dr_Winston

The first four or five times the ball went near him resulted in immediate surrender of possession. I've seen brick walls with a better first touch.

He won a penalty. Good for him. First positive contribution he's made since he got here. Oddly that seems to have convinced the flock that he's worth keeping around long term.

I don't mind us taking a chance on him, but let's be honest, if that stupid tackle hadn't been made, then he'd lost that opportunity. So the penalty was a hell of a bonus not some wondrous skill by Marv.

Sorry meant to quote different post
[Post edited 21 Apr 2014 10:28]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Marvin Emnes on 10:27 - Apr 21 with 1333 viewsItchySphincter

Marvin Emnes on 10:30 - Apr 21 with 1318 viewsStarsky

Marvin Emnes on 10:27 - Apr 21 by monmouth

I don't mind us taking a chance on him, but let's be honest, if that stupid tackle hadn't been made, then he'd lost that opportunity. So the penalty was a hell of a bonus not some wondrous skill by Marv.

What???
Why do you think Swansea have got so few penalties in the last 18 months?
Because we normally get a nose bleed when it comes to the final ball.
Running into the box will always create havoc, we should do it more often.

It's just the internet, init.

Marvin Emnes on 10:32 - Apr 21 with 1311 viewsmitchwales

Most of our players wouldn't have had the pace to take advantage of the mistake and win a penalty though.

I'd prefer Emnes to Vasquez, but he does not strengthen us in comparison to Dyer or Routs as a winger. I think signing him in January was a good thing, as he added a little more depth to the team but it depends on who else we sign in the summer as to whether I would want to add him in permanently.
Marvin Emnes on 11:04 - Apr 21 with 1242 viewsUxbridge

Marvin Emnes on 10:30 - Apr 21 by Starsky

What???
Why do you think Swansea have got so few penalties in the last 18 months?
Because we normally get a nose bleed when it comes to the final ball.
Running into the box will always create havoc, we should do it more often.

You are aware we're the top scorers in the bottom half by some considerable distance? How we've managed that when averse to attacking is beyond me then.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Marvin Emnes on 11:19 - Apr 21 with 1222 viewsAngelRangelQS

I like Emnes coming off the bench to be honest.

I genuinely think he gives us something different. He's quick, direct, big and quite unpredictable. Yes he's never going to be a starting 11 player but you do need players happy to be used off the bench.

If the price is right, I'd get him signed up
Login to get fewer ads

Marvin Emnes on 11:35 - Apr 21 with 1206 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Marvin Emnes on 09:44 - Apr 21 by Uxbridge

Ooh. Mr Controversial.

He's the Stan Collymore/Leighton James of this site lol

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Marvin Emnes on 11:40 - Apr 21 with 1197 viewsDarran

Marvin Emnes on 11:35 - Apr 21 by Brynmill_Jack

He's the Stan Collymore/Leighton James of this site lol

They talk shit I just speak the truth that others deny.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Marvin Emnes on 11:40 - Apr 21 with 1194 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Marvin Emnes on 10:19 - Apr 21 by ItchySphincter

Fair enough but we need 22-25 players and they can't all be £12M superstars. I don't think we'll sign him as it happens but if we do he won't let us down.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2014 10:19]

The one thing he offers us is pace. If a new manager comes in and finds a better technical player with pace then great. It's what we need, another option. For the record I do like Marv though

Marvin Emnes on 11:44 - Apr 21 with 1186 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Marvin Emnes on 11:40 - Apr 21 by Darran

They talk shit I just speak the truth that others deny.

Yes. That'll be it .
Would have you any other way mind

Marvin Emnes on 11:46 - Apr 21 with 1169 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Marvin Emnes on 10:32 - Apr 21 by mitchwales

Most of our players wouldn't have had the pace to take advantage of the mistake and win a penalty though.

I'd prefer Emnes to Vasquez, but he does not strengthen us in comparison to Dyer or Routs as a winger. I think signing him in January was a good thing, as he added a little more depth to the team but it depends on who else we sign in the summer as to whether I would want to add him in permanently.

You'd think that with his close control and pace our Wayne should be given a chance at AM

Marvin Emnes on 11:50 - Apr 21 with 1160 viewsItchySphincter

If my aunty had balls............

Marvin Emnes on 12:18 - Apr 21 with 1132 viewscontroversial_jack

Marvin Emnes on 09:38 - Apr 21 by icecoldjack

Pablo is either red hot or totally crap but when he is on his game he is sublime, Villa will suit him so i say start with Pablo .

He is totally crap!
Marvin Emnes on 12:21 - Apr 21 with 1127 viewsIAN05

I would have no issue with him signing a 12 month deal as long as his salary was relatively low.

He has been unfortunate not to play more in my opinion. Had a good first half against Cardiff, was very good away at Napoli and then hasn't really featured until Saturday, when he made a great impact. We are not exactly awash with players who can drive at opponents and seems to have a good attitude as well.

We are probably going to lose Lamah, JDG, Canas, Vasquez, Lita, Ngog, Pozuelo, Taylor and maybe more, so would have no problems keeping him if the terms were OK.
Marvin Emnes on 12:23 - Apr 21 with 1123 viewsIAN05

Marvin Emnes on 11:46 - Apr 21 by Brynmill_Jack

You'd think that with his close control and pace our Wayne should be given a chance at AM

Watching the Liverpool game yesterday had me thinking the same. He has all the attributes that Sterling has and his confidence is sky high at the moment.
Marvin Emnes on 12:42 - Apr 21 with 1101 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Marvin Emnes on 12:23 - Apr 21 by IAN05

Watching the Liverpool game yesterday had me thinking the same. He has all the attributes that Sterling has and his confidence is sky high at the moment.

Plus he has so much more experience. Roy is a retard if he doesn't consider Wayne

Marvin Emnes on 12:43 - Apr 21 with 1094 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Marvin Emnes on 11:50 - Apr 21 by ItchySphincter

If my aunty had balls............

Your uncle would be right p*ssed off
[Post edited 21 Apr 2014 12:45]

Marvin Emnes on 12:43 - Apr 21 with 1088 viewsPrivate_Partz

He may be able to do it with us Darren hence I think we should give him a contract. Maybe one year and review after 6 months. He is talented and seems to like playing the Swansea Way.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Marvin Emnes on 12:47 - Apr 21 with 1076 viewsStarsky

Marvin Emnes on 11:04 - Apr 21 by Uxbridge

You are aware we're the top scorers in the bottom half by some considerable distance? How we've managed that when averse to attacking is beyond me then.

Yeah, It was just like watching the Liverpool frontline when we tore Hull City apart the other week. Scoring goals has been a ball ache most of the season.
Napoli home & away is typical of this. We should have buried them.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2014 12:51]

Marvin Emnes on 12:47 - Apr 21 with 1074 viewscurleigh

Marvin Emnes on 09:35 - Apr 21 by Darran

Marvin should start on Saturday before the pointless most inconsistent player we've ever had Hernandez.

agree 100 %
Marvin Emnes on 12:48 - Apr 21 with 1072 viewsBanosswan

Marvin Emnes on 10:00 - Apr 21 by WarwickHunt

I've had funnier hemorrhoids.

By the way, I'd have thought a "journalist" would have mastered basic punctuation.

Haemorrhoids....

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Marvin Emnes on 12:54 - Apr 21 with 1064 viewsIAN05

Marvin Emnes on 12:47 - Apr 21 by Starsky

Yeah, It was just like watching the Liverpool frontline when we tore Hull City apart the other week. Scoring goals has been a ball ache most of the season.
Napoli home & away is typical of this. We should have buried them.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2014 12:51]

The stats show that we find scoring goals easier than all the bottom half. Our style does create a problem in that when we are on it, we are almost unplayable and seem able to score at will. When we are not on our game though,we look like we will never score again (like Hull away).

One key difference under Monk seems to be more risk taking. Both Britton and Emnes have got us goals by bursting into the box late on games, something that we don't normally do. Also, JDG and Routledge have burst in at pace time and time again in recent months and got us goals. Whether that is an intentional ploy or just a consequence of the position we are in, I don't know but its certainly definitely helping.
Marvin Emnes on 12:57 - Apr 21 with 1054 viewsStarsky

Marvin Emnes on 12:54 - Apr 21 by IAN05

The stats show that we find scoring goals easier than all the bottom half. Our style does create a problem in that when we are on it, we are almost unplayable and seem able to score at will. When we are not on our game though,we look like we will never score again (like Hull away).

One key difference under Monk seems to be more risk taking. Both Britton and Emnes have got us goals by bursting into the box late on games, something that we don't normally do. Also, JDG and Routledge have burst in at pace time and time again in recent months and got us goals. Whether that is an intentional ploy or just a consequence of the position we are in, I don't know but its certainly definitely helping.

Well said Ian. I'm trying to say that were the highest possession stat team in the country and that can make us look toothless at times

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024