Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Angel Rangel, the new Delap ? 01:17 - Apr 21 with 1504 viewsLiberty

His throw ins took me by surprise yesterday - alot more direct, where has he been hiding those ?

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/things-learned-Swansea-City-s-defeat-New

Poll: League 2 Mod , Darr, but we are now in Prem - time for a change ?

Angel Rangel, the new Delap ? on 03:00 - Apr 21 with 1447 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Could you imagine us condoning our team using Rory Delap type throws 2 or 3 seasons ago? And yet many fans still think we play the old 'Swansea Way'.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Angel Rangel, the new Delap ? on 04:31 - Apr 21 with 1416 viewsJethroJack

Tactical versatility from our caretaker (and soon to be future) manager.
Angel Rangel, the new Delap ? on 12:30 - Apr 21 with 1229 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Angel Rangel, the new Delap ? on 04:31 - Apr 21 by JethroJack

Tactical versatility from our caretaker (and soon to be future) manager.

Call it what you want, it isn't the 'Swansea Way'.

Angel Rangel, the new Delap ? on 12:43 - Apr 21 with 1201 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Angel Rangel, the new Delap ? on 12:30 - Apr 21 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Call it what you want, it isn't the 'Swansea Way'.

The problem is you do not understand the Swansea Way at all, it is to play fast, efficient, attractive, passing and attacking football (goalscoring when possible) and long throw ins are part of that.
So it fits in perfectly.
Angel Rangel, the new Delap ? on 12:46 - Apr 21 with 1197 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Angel Rangel, the new Delap ? on 12:43 - Apr 21 by A_Fans_Dad

The problem is you do not understand the Swansea Way at all, it is to play fast, efficient, attractive, passing and attacking football (goalscoring when possible) and long throw ins are part of that.
So it fits in perfectly.

We never utilised long throw ins under Martinez, Sousa, Rodgers or the early part of the Laudrup reign. If we are going to use them then that is fine, I just wish many of our fans will stop believing we are still the Swansea of old. Most of our attacks now consist of long hoofs upfield hoping Bony can win the knockdown. The 'Swansea Way' is dead at Swansea. We used to play the way Liverpool do now. It's a shame.

Angel Rangel, the new Delap ? on 12:48 - Apr 21 with 1189 viewsDarran

Angel Rangel, the new Delap ? on 12:43 - Apr 21 by A_Fans_Dad

So it fits in perfectly.

Yep have a look ago the longish throw that caught us out for Chelsea's goal last week.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Angel Rangel, the new Delap ? on 13:04 - Apr 21 with 1163 viewsoldcob

You adapt your style to suit the players you have. Stoke last year and Palace this year under Pulis.This is not brain surgery. If you have a team of short-arses you obviously keep it on the floor. If you have strength in the air then play the high ball more often. It can still be good football either way. Its no good playing the Martinez/Rogers way for ever, we have been worked out.In the past we were criticised for not having a plan B, now the same people are not happy because we vary it.
Angel Rangel, the new Delap ? on 13:12 - Apr 21 with 1137 viewsIAN05

Angel Rangel, the new Delap ? on 12:46 - Apr 21 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

We never utilised long throw ins under Martinez, Sousa, Rodgers or the early part of the Laudrup reign. If we are going to use them then that is fine, I just wish many of our fans will stop believing we are still the Swansea of old. Most of our attacks now consist of long hoofs upfield hoping Bony can win the knockdown. The 'Swansea Way' is dead at Swansea. We used to play the way Liverpool do now. It's a shame.

Cant agree with that at all. We have been heavily criticised this year for still trying to pass the ball when in deep trouble. A couple of long throw ins in a must win game doesn't change anything.

We still pretty much always dominate possession, we still look (far too often in my opinion) to play clever little passes through the middle and still get caught playing silly beggars in our own half. We just now have the option to play a quicker ball to a big, top class striker (like the goal against Arsenal away). Many of our goals conceded have come from us trying to be too expansive high up the pitch and play passes that we shouldn't.
Login to get fewer ads

Angel Rangel, the new Delap ? on 13:17 - Apr 21 with 1128 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Just to clarify, I am not criticising it. It just annoys me reading and listening to people harp on about how we play the best football in the league, we're a model for other clubs and so on. It's embarrassing.

Angel Rangel, the new Delap ? on 13:23 - Apr 21 with 1105 viewsdgt73

Angel Rangel, the new Delap ? on 13:17 - Apr 21 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Just to clarify, I am not criticising it. It just annoys me reading and listening to people harp on about how we play the best football in the league, we're a model for other clubs and so on. It's embarrassing.

Do you also get annoyed and embarrassed when Swans fans sing " were the greatest team in football". Stop fishing pathetic troll.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Angel Rangel, the new Delap ? on 13:28 - Apr 21 with 1091 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Angel Rangel, the new Delap ? on 13:23 - Apr 21 by dgt73

Do you also get annoyed and embarrassed when Swans fans sing " were the greatest team in football". Stop fishing pathetic troll.

No, because that is a football chant that has been around for a very long time. Where as the people I hear muttering in the crowd talking about how every other club wished they played like us is what I find embarrassing,

Angel Rangel, the new Delap ? on 13:42 - Apr 21 with 1068 viewsdgt73

Angel Rangel, the new Delap ? on 13:28 - Apr 21 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

No, because that is a football chant that has been around for a very long time. Where as the people I hear muttering in the crowd talking about how every other club wished they played like us is what I find embarrassing,

Do you hear that in one of the few games you go to.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Angel Rangel, the new Delap ? on 13:44 - Apr 21 with 1055 viewsJackfath

Angel Rangel, the new Delap ? on 13:42 - Apr 21 by dgt73

Are you away on holiday?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Angel Rangel, the new Delap ? on 13:50 - Apr 21 with 1035 viewsMagicDaps

I don't see how taking long throws now means we're a long ball team? We've been crossing the ball from those positions since Martinez took over, and what's the difference between a throw in and a cross from the same position?

'The Swansea Way' is something that has been developed under each of our managers, revolving around a possession based game. 'The Swansea Way' will develop under different managers, but it does remain to be a possession based game shown by us having the highest possession and passing accuracy in the division.

Poll: Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal?

Angel Rangel, the new Delap ? on 13:58 - Apr 21 with 1005 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Angel Rangel, the new Delap ? on 13:42 - Apr 21 by dgt73

I hear it every game I go to.

Angel Rangel, the new Delap ? on 14:22 - Apr 21 with 978 viewsRancid

Well we certainly didn't play the Swansea way when Andy Legg was here.
Angel Rangel, the new Delap ? on 19:13 - Apr 21 with 867 viewsNaughty71

I'd rather he threw it than kicked it, 'cos Rangel can't cross a ball to save his life.

"Who scored that Naughty?", "I don't know, I've forgotten my bl**dy glasses again!".

Angel Rangel, the new Delap ? on 20:54 - Apr 21 with 775 viewsLiberty

It was great to see us try something different yesterday , more direct.

Angel long throw, resulted in corner , resulted in Bony first goal.

Great to see us a little less predictable.

Poll: League 2 Mod , Darr, but we are now in Prem - time for a change ?

Angel Rangel, the new Delap ? on 22:15 - Apr 21 with 702 viewsJJJack

Angel Rangel, the new Delap ? on 13:17 - Apr 21 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

A few points to help you....
* We never played like Liverpool are now.....never ever. Not even close
* We have the highest possession stats in the EPL this season
* I'm assuming you think we're fast becoiming a long ball team? Did you not watch the Norwich game? See the 3 goals? Where were the "hoofs to Bony" you talk of?

Presumably you're on a fishing trip young man?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024