Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next Seasons Second Striker 11:29 - Apr 21 with 7800 viewsRockAndBaconRoll

Working on the basis that Lita finally goes, Vazquez does not return (if common sense prevails), N'Gog isn't signed permanently and Michu if he stays plays in his natural position, the question will be.... who will Swans sign/use to be either the backup or second striker for next season?

I know theres rumours about Bony leaving, but this is on the assumption that he stays.

Donnolly going to get a run in the first team as backup maybe?
Next Seasons Second Striker on 23:23 - Apr 21 with 1479 viewsdameedna

Hooper

Lukaku on loan

Zaha on loan
Next Seasons Second Striker on 00:02 - Apr 22 with 1440 viewsStarsky

Next Seasons Second Striker on 19:16 - Apr 21 by premierjack

I'm not moaning, just stating a fact.

I'm just glad the club don't take advise off this site.

So why don't you contribute then or STFU.

It's just the internet, init.

Next Seasons Second Striker on 03:20 - Apr 22 with 1406 viewsSirGarethThe3rd

Don't know if he would fit in or if he might cost too much. What about Lica from Porto? Just throwing it out there.

WASHINGTON STATE JACK SINCE '12-'13

Next Seasons Second Striker on 03:26 - Apr 22 with 1402 viewsWanderer

Ibrahima Baldé of Kuban, remember the pain in the arse he was against us in the europa earlier on, very much impressed me.
Next Seasons Second Striker on 04:04 - Apr 22 with 1395 viewsnyc_swans

i don't know why the first thought around this time of the year is often of player who are about to be relegated. they are likely already on high wages or not good enough. can't remember plucking a player from a relegated team over the last few seasons.

i think Nick Powell from Wigan (via United) would be a great shout either on loan on permanent. he's young, English, has bags of potential and looks like the kind of player would could thrive in this system. he's more of an attacking mid but he can play forward. i think having him and shelvey would be great as they're both young and english and have a great pedigree. need more players like that.
Next Seasons Second Striker on 05:58 - Apr 22 with 1382 viewsSirGarethThe3rd

Next Seasons Second Striker on 04:04 - Apr 22 by nyc_swans

i don't know why the first thought around this time of the year is often of player who are about to be relegated. they are likely already on high wages or not good enough. can't remember plucking a player from a relegated team over the last few seasons.

i think Nick Powell from Wigan (via United) would be a great shout either on loan on permanent. he's young, English, has bags of potential and looks like the kind of player would could thrive in this system. he's more of an attacking mid but he can play forward. i think having him and shelvey would be great as they're both young and english and have a great pedigree. need more players like that.

Speaking of Nick Powell, I saw this today in my Bleacher Report Updates.
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/celtic-face-c

WASHINGTON STATE JACK SINCE '12-'13

Next Seasons Second Striker on 06:46 - Apr 22 with 1370 viewsDr_Winston

Next Seasons Second Striker on 04:04 - Apr 22 by nyc_swans

How about we sign a striker?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Next Seasons Second Striker on 09:21 - Apr 22 with 1326 viewsCooperman

Next Seasons Second Striker on 22:55 - Apr 21 by oh_tommy_tommy

Really , I thought that Michu guy did ok last year playing as a striker .

I'd put him up there ahead of any other mentioned on this thread while Bony is away for a couple of weeks.

We will get some one in probably on loan again ,as I can't see a fringe player coming to be a fringe player for Swansea ,well certainly no one who wants to play week in week out.

Michu has played well in the striker role but his primary position for us is AMC. If the club were to nominate him as the 2nd striker and then Bony goes and pulls a muscle that leaves our AMC slots a bit thin on the ground.

I don't have an issue with your points, but my preference would be to sign a striker for the striker role, and have the flexibility of having an AMC who can play striker if we really needed it.

I can see a continuation of this season into next in the form of a 12 month loan for some relatively unknown foreigner.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Login to get fewer ads

Next Seasons Second Striker on 10:28 - Apr 22 with 1290 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Next Seasons Second Striker on 09:21 - Apr 22 by Cooperman

Michu has played well in the striker role but his primary position for us is AMC. If the club were to nominate him as the 2nd striker and then Bony goes and pulls a muscle that leaves our AMC slots a bit thin on the ground.

I don't have an issue with your points, but my preference would be to sign a striker for the striker role, and have the flexibility of having an AMC who can play striker if we really needed it.

I can see a continuation of this season into next in the form of a 12 month loan for some relatively unknown foreigner.

Indeed.
That's what I am saying .
Yes we need a 2 nd striker but who's going to come here knowing he's second choice .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Next Seasons Second Striker on 10:38 - Apr 22 with 1287 viewsCooperman

Next Seasons Second Striker on 10:28 - Apr 22 by oh_tommy_tommy

Indeed.
That's what I am saying .
Yes we need a 2 nd striker but who's going to come here knowing he's second choice .

A relatively unknown foreigner i.e. someone who sees coming to the Prem as a step up from where they are today.

I think the club are a little over cautious on their approach and should abandon this loan theory and plough some money (typically ~ £3m) into a permanent signing.

The Icelandic guy that Jackfath mentions every now and again looks a good punt but might be out of our price range.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Next Seasons Second Striker on 11:53 - Apr 22 with 1259 viewsJack_y_Jwc

Depending what Everton do in the summer - Arouna Kone??

Next Seasons Second Striker on 12:55 - Apr 22 with 1220 viewspremierjack

Next Seasons Second Striker on 00:02 - Apr 22 by Starsky

So why don't you contribute then or STFU.

Prick
Next Seasons Second Striker on 13:09 - Apr 22 with 1203 viewslonglostjack

Next Seasons Second Striker on 10:38 - Apr 22 by Cooperman

A relatively unknown foreigner i.e. someone who sees coming to the Prem as a step up from where they are today.

I think the club are a little over cautious on their approach and should abandon this loan theory and plough some money (typically ~ £3m) into a permanent signing.

The Icelandic guy that Jackfath mentions every now and again looks a good punt but might be out of our price range.

He would be about 5-6 million I think - they wanted 5 million Euros for him last year.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Next Seasons Second Striker on 13:28 - Apr 22 with 1181 viewspencoedjack

Next Seasons Second Striker on 05:58 - Apr 22 by SirGarethThe3rd

Speaking of Nick Powell, I saw this today in my Bleacher Report Updates.
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/celtic-face-c

I don't know too much about Powell but Josh McEachran was touted as being a future England captain he was gash.

Personally would like to see a

Starting Line up

Vorm /Possible new keeper

New full back
Amat
Williams
Taylor/ Davies (personally I'd go with Taylor)

Routs
JJS
Leon
Michu
New winger

Wilf

Bench

JDG (only if permanent deal)
Rangel
Bartley

Get rid

Ki
Chico
Pablo
Lamah
Cornell
Tremmell
Lita
Tinndalli
Canas (only cos of the rumours)
Poz
Dyer (shock horror)
Richards
Donnely

I dont know enough about the youngsters to comment.
Next Seasons Second Striker on 13:41 - Apr 22 with 1173 viewsJackfath

Next Seasons Second Striker on 13:28 - Apr 22 by pencoedjack

I don't know too much about Powell but Josh McEachran was touted as being a future England captain he was gash.

Starting Line up

New full back
Amat
Williams

Routs
JJS
Leon
Michu
New winger

Wilf

Bench

Rangel
Bartley

Get rid

Ki
Chico
Pablo
Lamah
Cornell
Tremmell
Lita
Tinndalli
Poz
Dyer (shock horror)
Richards
Donnely

What are your reasons for wanting to get rid of Nathan Dyer?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Next Seasons Second Striker on 13:47 - Apr 22 with 1164 viewsJackSomething

Next Seasons Second Striker on 13:28 - Apr 22 by pencoedjack

Starting Line up

New full back
Amat
Williams

Routs
JJS
Leon
Michu
New winger

Wilf

Bench

Rangel
Bartley

Get rid

Ki
Chico
Pablo
Lamah
Cornell
Tremmell
Lita
Tinndalli
Poz
Dyer (shock horror)
Richards
Donnely

Dyer is obviously going nowhere. He's not perfect, but he's the second best winger we have after Routledge. I'd like to see us sign another winger or two to challenge/rotate, but we're not going to get good enough that we can ditch Dyer.

The other problem with your list is finding enough clubs willing to take that lot off our books. I know some are coming to end of contracts, but not all. Isn't Dwight on a 3-year deal? Would cost a few quid to get rid unless someone is willing to take him and he's willing to go. Thanks for that ML.

Not so sure I'd have Michu in my starting 11 either. The club need to find out/decide if he's perma-crocked, doesn't want to be here or just needs to get fit. Getting rid of our best 'number 10' in Pablo also seems a strange suggestion, however inconsistent he may be.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Next Seasons Second Striker on 13:47 - Apr 22 with 1162 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Next Seasons Second Striker on 13:41 - Apr 22 by Jackfath

What are your reasons for wanting to get rid of Nathan Dyer?

I don't think Nathan has been brilliant this year either, and if he was a Spanish gentleman we signed last Summer everyone would be demanding we sell him in the Summer.

But, we need as many English players as possible due to the rules and so he must stay.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Next Seasons Second Striker on 13:57 - Apr 22 with 1144 viewsJackSomething

Next Seasons Second Striker on 13:47 - Apr 22 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I don't think Nathan has been brilliant this year either, and if he was a Spanish gentleman we signed last Summer everyone would be demanding we sell him in the Summer.

But, we need as many English players as possible due to the rules and so he must stay.

And maybe we consider how good he has been for us at times this season, not to mention his first two seasons in the Prem.

Next Seasons Second Striker on 14:06 - Apr 22 with 1118 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Next Seasons Second Striker on 13:47 - Apr 22 by JackSomething

Dyer is obviously going nowhere. He's not perfect, but he's the second best winger we have after Routledge. I'd like to see us sign another winger or two to challenge/rotate, but we're not going to get good enough that we can ditch Dyer.

The other problem with your list is finding enough clubs willing to take that lot off our books. I know some are coming to end of contracts, but not all. Isn't Dwight on a 3-year deal? Would cost a few quid to get rid unless someone is willing to take him and he's willing to go. Thanks for that ML.

Not so sure I'd have Michu in my starting 11 either. The club need to find out/decide if he's perma-crocked, doesn't want to be here or just needs to get fit. Getting rid of our best 'number 10' in Pablo also seems a strange suggestion, however inconsistent he may be.

Our best No 10 is Michu .saying Hernandez is better in that role is just way off the mark .
Pablo is best as a winger .
I agree with the get rid of list , however Canas & dyer I would keep .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Next Seasons Second Striker on 15:42 - Apr 22 with 1078 viewsJackSomething

Next Seasons Second Striker on 14:06 - Apr 22 by oh_tommy_tommy

Our best No 10 is Michu .saying Hernandez is better in that role is just way off the mark .

The Michu of last season and maybe the first few month of this, absolutely. The Michu of the last few games? No way.

Let's hope it is all just down to injury and he'll be back to normal next season. Then I'd have him in there ahead of Pablo, naturally.

Next Seasons Second Striker on 16:34 - Apr 22 with 1043 viewspencoedjack

Next Seasons Second Striker on 13:47 - Apr 22 by JackSomething

I agree mate that is why it is a personal opinion. Realistically it will be difficult to get rid of all what as I class as the dead wood .... holding us back from getting to the next level.

Pablo in my opinion is to inconsistent and to injury prone, but if Michu does not get sorted whatever his issues are, I would agree to keep Pablo (as long as it was in the number 10 role)

Never been Dyers greatest fan, and if the likes of Leicester / Villa fancied taking a punt I would cash in.

Football is all about opinions not everyone will agree but that's what I would like to see.
Next Seasons Second Striker on 16:40 - Apr 22 with 1030 viewsStarsky

Next Seasons Second Striker on 12:55 - Apr 22 by premierjack

Prick

Thanks very much for your contribution to this thread. It was emotional.

It's just the internet, init.

Next Seasons Second Striker on 16:44 - Apr 22 with 1020 viewspencoedjack

Next Seasons Second Striker on 14:06 - Apr 22 by oh_tommy_tommy

If as we both want & we have a new boss and there is no truth in the rumour that Canas isn't the bad apple, I would also keep.

Although I believe Leon has many more years in him, he is an ideal replacement.
Next Seasons Second Striker on 17:00 - Apr 22 with 998 viewsandip01

Next Seasons Second Striker on 23:23 - Apr 21 by dameedna

Hooper

Lukaku on loan

Zaha on loan

Lukaku is a beasty boy!
Id love to see him here but i think he may be playing for his parent club next season especially if he has a good world cup which i suspect he will

£10 on Belgium
Next Seasons Second Striker on 22:27 - Apr 22 with 918 viewsmagicdaps10

Next Seasons Second Striker on 03:26 - Apr 22 by Wanderer

Ibrahima Baldé of Kuban, remember the pain in the arse he was against us in the europa earlier on, very much impressed me.

Cracking shout there, really impressed with him when I saw him.

Big strong, direct and has a good goalscoring record.............very similar to Lukaku

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibrahima_Bald%C3%A9

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024