Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
who`s been sent home? 23:35 - Apr 21 with 23847 viewsjackado

heard a rumor today that Garry Monk isnt happy with someone and has sent them home for the rest of the season but i dont know which player it is also same person was saying that Tiendalli has been in intensive care lately which would explain why he`s disapered all of a sudden from the bench
who`s been sent home? on 14:53 - Apr 24 with 2611 viewsStarsky

who`s been sent home? on 14:40 - Apr 23 by perchrockjack

Yes several times in the flesh but unannounced. The games I haven't Ive watched on streams.
You seemed to have crawled out of somewhere so Im assuming you ve been posting under a previous name.

Really ,if posts on a chat room get up your nose that much I d do the obvious thing.
Plenty on here can debate our players/club without rancour. It aint an invitation to kill if you come up with what our resident Judy Garland say are "negative" posts. No really, its true, nobody gets killed, nobody loses their house, hell the players don't really give a shuite either.

You really are a one

Are you really lecturing Blasterjack on here on staying calm when having a debate?

It's just the internet, init.

who`s been sent home? on 14:53 - Apr 24 with 2608 viewsJJ08

who`s been sent home? on 16:06 - Apr 23 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I provide constructive comments and supportive arguments when I criticise someone. You just criticised me without any constructive comments or supportive arguments, instead you made an unfunny comment about braincells.

According to your logic does that mean I have more brain cells than you?

For someone that doesn't go to many games, you see an awful lot of Shelvey. You always fail to mention why he's walking back from the opponents box! You never mention that he just run the length of the pitch to get in the box, only to see play broken down and the ball kicked straight back past you....... Every player does exactly the same, it's called getting your breath. You just chose to highlight it because you have something against Shelvey.

Hope that supportive for you!
who`s been sent home? on 14:58 - Apr 24 with 2587 viewsDarran

Spratty you can get f*cked,your bullshit has been spoiling this board since the day Laudrup was sacked,time to move on with your anti Monk bollox now.
See you the weekend.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

who`s been sent home? on 14:59 - Apr 24 with 2580 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

who`s been sent home? on 14:53 - Apr 24 by JJ08

For someone that doesn't go to many games, you see an awful lot of Shelvey. You always fail to mention why he's walking back from the opponents box! You never mention that he just run the length of the pitch to get in the box, only to see play broken down and the ball kicked straight back past you....... Every player does exactly the same, it's called getting your breath. You just chose to highlight it because you have something against Shelvey.

I've watched every game this season thank you. And take a look at Jonathan De Guzman at the end of our games. He is capable of sprinting from our goal line to their penalty box every single counter attack. That is what I expect of our Premier League players.

The only thing I have against Shelvey is that I feel he isn't giving everything he can to his job. He can be in much better physical shape but he choses not to.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

who`s been sent home? on 16:09 - Apr 24 with 2463 viewsRancid

who`s been sent home? on 15:56 - Apr 23 by ItchySphincter

Kind of agree with this. He either has to adapt to us and use the hollywood ball sparingly or we have to adjust everything to his longer ball style. If neither make the adjustment he will not truly fit in. Keep it simple JJ, give, go, support the attack, have a dip.

Me too.But that's why we have subs going back to Dwights point about him tiring.
who`s been sent home? on 16:17 - Apr 24 with 2432 viewsCooperman

who`s been sent home? on 14:59 - Apr 24 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I've watched every game this season thank you. And take a look at Jonathan De Guzman at the end of our games. He is capable of sprinting from our goal line to their penalty box every single counter attack. That is what I expect of our Premier League players.

The only thing I have against Shelvey is that I feel he isn't giving everything he can to his job. He can be in much better physical shape but he choses not to.

I have watched most games rather than every game but I agree with your points.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

who`s been sent home? on 16:46 - Apr 24 with 2384 viewsItchySphincter

who`s been sent home? on 14:33 - Apr 24 by Spratty

Think you will find it was you having a go at me once again.

I have tried to ignore your creepy little fascination with me and previously avoided your attempts to engage me.

Information may be leaked to the press about the club from inside or outside sources. It can easily be picked up by outside sources by observance, overhearing; then leaked to the press. Check out the dictionary. Garry said on TV it was from outside the club.

"Spurious need to argue" - what with you the purveyor of all knowledge. You are familiar with the concept of debate? If your ego requires a cosy little environment where everyone agrees with you try mumsnet. I find your need to control other peoples opinions rather concerning, so if you find me strange thank goodness. It seems to me you have a spurious need to argue with me without adding anything of relevance.

I have no problem people disagreeing with me. Sad for them if the only argument they have is personal abuse as it just discredits what they stand for.

I ask once again please stop stalking me.

and fvkin'

Don't you ever stop? No need to reply.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

who`s been sent home? on 20:21 - Apr 24 with 2212 viewsDavillin

Regarding your last paragraph.

What if he IS giving everything he has? I don't like to post about Shelvey because I made the points I wanted to make and was blasted for it, but this mini-thread is irritating me.

He reminds me of the one player on every little kiddie team,toddler team, and pre-teenie team -- he's always the biggest and strongest on the team, so he always wants [and gets] the ball so he can do it all by himself, dribbling through the opposition and shooting or passing from a mille away. That works when a boy is wee, but there just comes a time when it's simply not good enough. By then it's too late.

There's a reason why he was sold off by a manager who plays "Swansea style." If he was good at it, we'd not have had him.

Try keeping track of his touches and how many of them end up with the opponents compared with those that don't. You'll be amazed if you haven't done it already.

And I couldn't care less about the down-arrows and insults that will follow. Deal with it.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Login to get fewer ads

who`s been sent home? on 22:37 - Apr 24 with 2066 viewsJackSomething

who`s been sent home? on 20:21 - Apr 24 by Davillin

What if he IS giving everything he has? I don't like to post about Shelvey because I made the points I wanted to make and was blasted for it, but this mini-thread is irritating me.

He reminds me of the one player on every little kiddie team,toddler team, and pre-teenie team -- he's always the biggest and strongest on the team, so he always wants [and gets] the ball so he can do it all by himself, dribbling through the opposition and shooting or passing from a mille away. That works when a boy is wee, but there just comes a time when it's simply not good enough. By then it's too late.

There's a reason why he was sold off by a manager who plays "Swansea style." If he was good at it, we'd not have had him.

Try keeping track of his touches and how many of them end up with the opponents compared with those that don't. You'll be amazed if you haven't done it already.

And I couldn't care less about the down-arrows and insults that will follow. Deal with it.

I think what's being referred to here is his fitness levels. If he dedicates himself over the summer and beyond to improve his fitness and stamina, he may become far more valuable to us.

I know your feelings on him Dav, but he's shown flashes of real ability and he's still very young. Compared to someone like Ki, I see far more potential and reasons to persevere with Jonjo.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

who`s been sent home? on 00:34 - Apr 25 with 1986 viewsBrynmill_Jack

who`s been sent home? on 22:37 - Apr 24 by JackSomething

I think what's being referred to here is his fitness levels. If he dedicates himself over the summer and beyond to improve his fitness and stamina, he may become far more valuable to us.

I know your feelings on him Dav, but he's shown flashes of real ability and he's still very young. Compared to someone like Ki, I see far more potential and reasons to persevere with Jonjo.

He's a potential game changer but I do share your worry over his fitness and maybe his temperament

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

who`s been sent home? on 00:42 - Apr 25 with 1984 viewsdameedna

who`s been sent home? on 14:53 - Apr 24 by JJ08

JJS he is a 6 foot 80kg player not in the mould of a LB or JDG. JJS plays in bursts to get forward.

I like the combination of LB, JJS and JDG in midfield.
JDG always has some in the tank at 85 minutes.
LB and JDG cover for Shelvey when he needs time to recover.

very grateful to JJS, JDG, Hernandez, Routs and Bony this season and of course Williams. Played at the heart of a team that sometimes lacked conviction or luck to get results.

Hope they can stick together next season and add a bit more experience and quality such as Hooper, Lukaku, Zaha going forward.
who`s been sent home? on 00:58 - Apr 25 with 1969 viewsTNT

Dwight,

You've watched every game this season?

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

who`s been sent home? on 01:08 - Apr 25 with 1959 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

who`s been sent home? on 00:58 - Apr 25 by TNT

Dwight,

You've watched every game this season?

Every Premier League game yes, either live at the stadium, live via stream or via torrent at a later date if the game occurred when I was travelling. I saw all but one of the Europa League games too. I didn't watch the early rounds of the Capital One Cup or F.A Cup though.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

who`s been sent home? on 06:18 - Apr 25 with 1900 viewspremierjack

who`s been sent home? on 20:21 - Apr 24 by Davillin

He wasn't sold off by BR, he wanted to leave because he wanted to play more football. Then he was advised by BR to come to us because it was a good move. JJS wanted the move, not BR or Liverpool.
who`s been sent home? on 07:37 - Apr 25 with 1855 viewsDr_Winston

who`s been sent home? on 22:37 - Apr 24 by JackSomething

I find it hard to believe that anyone could possibly think Ki offers us more than either Shelvey or De Guzman.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

who`s been sent home? on 08:33 - Apr 25 with 1827 viewsJackSomething

who`s been sent home? on 07:37 - Apr 25 by Dr_Winston

I find it hard to believe that anyone could possibly think Ki offers us more than either Shelvey or De Guzman.

In an ideal world, but we live in a world where some are still reluctant to admit how important JDG has been for us, although the majority seem to have realised by now.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

who`s been sent home? on 09:22 - Apr 25 with 1793 viewsmonmouth

I still have my own doubts about Shelvs, mainly positional and temperamental. I think he's looks more at home in attacking midfield driving forward at the opposition, but is he better than Pablo, Michu and De Guz, plus Pozzy if he's persona grata?

That means we tend to play him in perhaps a sub optimal position where his weaknesses are more exposed (we don't want our deeper midfield players giving the ball away and trying miracle passes).

Where I would support him without doubt, is that without him we would have less points this season. I like a lot of what he brings to the side (at least he looks forward as a first option, so is different there) and he's clearly worth developing to try and fit him in as he matures.

Epecially as no one can say that any of De Guz, Poz, Mich, Pabs are a certain bet for next season the way things are shaping up.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

who`s been sent home? on 09:31 - Apr 25 with 1783 viewsDr_Winston

who`s been sent home? on 09:22 - Apr 25 by monmouth

I still have my own doubts about Shelvs, mainly positional and temperamental. I think he's looks more at home in attacking midfield driving forward at the opposition, but is he better than Pablo, Michu and De Guz, plus Pozzy if he's persona grata?

That means we tend to play him in perhaps a sub optimal position where his weaknesses are more exposed (we don't want our deeper midfield players giving the ball away and trying miracle passes).

Where I would support him without doubt, is that without him we would have less points this season. I like a lot of what he brings to the side (at least he looks forward as a first option, so is different there) and he's clearly worth developing to try and fit him in as he matures.

Epecially as no one can say that any of De Guz, Poz, Mich, Pabs are a certain bet for next season the way things are shaping up.

Agreed. Shelvey absolutely terrifies me when he's playing deeper. When he's further forward his lapses cost us less, and his shooting abilities worry teams more.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

who`s been sent home? on 10:32 - Apr 25 with 1728 viewsRancid

There was a time when JDG was pretty poor in a number of games and deserved the criticism he got on here including from myself.He has flourished under Monk though oddly enough considering he was Laudrup's Golden boy.Maybe it's the impending World Cup or maybe he is a good player but just needed time to settle in because he's been superb lately for us.Either way if we do offer him a deal and he takes it lets hope he doesn't rest on his laurels like his fellow countryman at Left back has.
who`s been sent home? on 11:20 - Apr 25 with 1676 viewsBrynmill_Jack

who`s been sent home? on 09:31 - Apr 25 by Dr_Winston

Agreed. Shelvey absolutely terrifies me when he's playing deeper. When he's further forward his lapses cost us less, and his shooting abilities worry teams more.

Bang on!

who`s been sent home? on 11:43 - Apr 25 with 1690 viewsperchrockjack

Shelvey is raw ,very raw and suppose we paid a lot for him. He does have ability and can score but he is a loose cannon at times and needs firm handling from management. Good manager will sort him out and be the making of him- I think.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

who`s been sent home? on 12:18 - Apr 25 with 1666 viewsMagicDaps

I'd have thought those that doubted JJS would have been kept very quite at this stage of the season, I don't really see how anyone can doubt his ability. and he's shown how effective he can be in our system.

He's still only a young lad, if we're fortunate enough to keep hold of him for another couple of years I can see him being our star man and think if any Swansea City player will be called up for England it's going to be Shelvey.

Poll: Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal?

who`s been sent home? on 22:02 - Apr 25 with 1538 viewsJJ08

What is it with everyone going on about his temperament??? Do you just wanna show the stats for his poor disciplinary record? No of course you don't because in fact it;s a pretty good record. This is just something made up on here that gets spouted out every time he is discussed without any foundation at all.. Stats lads!! Put em up or shut up.
who`s been sent home? on 11:30 - Apr 26 with 1315 viewsBrynmill_Jack

who`s been sent home? on 22:02 - Apr 25 by JJ08

What is it with everyone going on about his temperament??? Do you just wanna show the stats for his poor disciplinary record? No of course you don't because in fact it;s a pretty good record. This is just something made up on here that gets spouted out every time he is discussed without any foundation at all.. Stats lads!! Put em up or shut up.

Does the term "temperament issues" necessarily mean picking up reds and yellows regularly?
It can, but it can also refer to disappearing during games when things aren't going your way to poor positional discipline to having poor body language. That said he has got away with a couple of iffy challenges mind you

who`s been sent home? on 15:37 - Apr 26 with 1251 viewsdailew

who`s been sent home? on 23:51 - Apr 22 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I hope it's Shelvey.

Forum village idiot strikes again.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024