Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
would it be that we have move forward has a club 07:18 - Apr 22 with 4395 viewsowainglyndwr

That i do not like seeing people localy wearing Liverpool, Man U shirts etc
would it be that we have move forward has a club on 14:54 - Apr 22 with 799 viewsJBT95

I support Swansea because my Dad did, as his dad did before him.

Both my Dad and I are season ticket holders, my Dad saw his first game in 1977 and then irregularly until 1988 when he became a regular, probably missed about 30 home league matches since then. Both my father and I have never lived in Swansea, and even my dad's old man wasn't born in Swansea, but lived there for 30 years.

We have an affiliation for Swansea, even though we've both lived in Newport our entire lives and wouldn't contemplate supporting Newport County, even though we like seeing them do well.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2014 14:56]
would it be that we have move forward has a club on 15:58 - Apr 22 with 757 viewsBrynmill_Jack

would it be that we have move forward has a club on 14:54 - Apr 22 by JBT95

Both my Dad and I are season ticket holders, my Dad saw his first game in 1977 and then irregularly until 1988 when he became a regular, probably missed about 30 home league matches since then. Both my father and I have never lived in Swansea, and even my dad's old man wasn't born in Swansea, but lived there for 30 years.

We have an affiliation for Swansea, even though we've both lived in Newport our entire lives and wouldn't contemplate supporting Newport County, even though we like seeing them do well.

Most impressive, especially as that giant of World football Cardiff are closer to you. Well done all the family.
I hope this thread runs and runs.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

would it be that we have move forward has a club on 16:24 - Apr 22 with 739 viewsGeoffThom

My take on all this has always been the same ,it's one thing following a team from elsewhere it's another following for the glory which unfortunately a lot of utd liverpool Chelsea do if they followed Rochdale ,trammere ,brentford I could see it but no they don't win f all so by default they are glory hunters ,the people who follow us from around the globe cannot be classed as glory hunters as we've only won one piece of silver wear and spent a long time in the lower div ,being in the prem brings it's own probs but getting new supporters from around the world isn't one of them
[Post edited 22 Apr 2014 16:25]
would it be that we have move forward has a club on 17:32 - Apr 22 with 692 viewsBrynmill_Jack

would it be that we have move forward has a club on 16:24 - Apr 22 by GeoffThom

My take on all this has always been the same ,it's one thing following a team from elsewhere it's another following for the glory which unfortunately a lot of utd liverpool Chelsea do if they followed Rochdale ,trammere ,brentford I could see it but no they don't win f all so by default they are glory hunters ,the people who follow us from around the globe cannot be classed as glory hunters as we've only won one piece of silver wear and spent a long time in the lower div ,being in the prem brings it's own probs but getting new supporters from around the world isn't one of them
[Post edited 22 Apr 2014 16:25]

You're not wrong Geoff

would it be that we have move forward has a club on 17:46 - Apr 22 with 676 viewsDarran

would it be that we have move forward has a club on 17:32 - Apr 22 by Brynmill_Jack

You're not wrong Geoff

He is a lickle bit wrong.
The glory hunting in Swanseas case is following a PL team but I have no problem with it at all.

This post has been edited by an administrator

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

would it be that we have move forward has a club on 20:09 - Apr 22 with 637 viewsGeoffThom

would it be that we have move forward has a club on 17:46 - Apr 22 by Darran

He is a lickle bit wrong.
The glory hunting in Swanseas case is following a PL team but I have no problem with it at all.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Your an argumentative feck !!
would it be that we have move forward has a club on 20:10 - Apr 22 with 633 viewsDarran

would it be that we have move forward has a club on 20:09 - Apr 22 by GeoffThom

I was kind of agreeing with you mun.

would it be that we have move forward has a club on 20:13 - Apr 22 with 631 viewsGeoffThom

would it be that we have move forward has a club on 20:10 - Apr 22 by Darran

I was kind of agreeing with you mun.

Kind of
Login to get fewer ads

would it be that we have move forward has a club on 21:14 - Apr 22 with 593 viewsPacemaker

My daughter lives in NZ she has no interest in football whatsoever, her boyfriend is a kiwi with a sporty background but had no real interest in football.

Since they have been together he has started following the Swans as his football team purely as a result of our family being Swans supporters, he is always wearing his Swans shirt and requests Swans gear for his birthday etc.

He recently got up at stupid o'clock before watching the Chelsea game on TV and then spent the rest of the time texting me about shit refs. So he is a bloke who has never been to Wales never seen the Swans live other than on TV but is as football mad as any Kiwi can be (he plays Rugby Football and Cricket). He is what I call a Swans supporter, he argues in pubs and work with blokes who support the big clubs he is proud to be a Swans fan of three seasons!

They are coming over in August and he is hoping to get a few games.

He is probably one of thousands of such fans all over the globe but how many will be there when inevitably we get relegated? The same could be said of the extra 11k or so fans who have started attending the stadium every week compared to when we first started playing at the Liberty we will need to be playing at this level for many years before we can start looking at a large permenant fan base. Until that happens club like us will always need to fight the big clubs for our own support.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

would it be that we have move forward has a club on 21:37 - Apr 22 with 572 viewsAussieJack

would it be that we have move forward has a club on 14:54 - Apr 22 by JBT95

Well those of us from overseas are telling stories I guess I'll pitch in my two cents. As my name implies I'm Australian. My local team is Sydney FC and they are my team in the A-league but ultimately the quality of football there is rubbish and no one I know really follows it. As such everyone who follows football here has a team from overseas that they have adopted, almost always Premier League because that is what is shown on TV.

I'm only fairly new to the football world and when it came to picking my premier league team I wanted to avoid glory seeking. I've always liked the underdog and thus found a natural team in the Swans - a relatively small club from outside of England who were able to overcome the biggest teams on occasion. Then the more I read about the club before committing the more I liked. Everything that the Norwegian member above said attracted me too.

I own a club shirt and a scarf which I wear when watching the games at home. I'm currently studying in Rome so I went to watch the game in Napoli (unlike many 'true' fans by the definitions above). I also made the flight over to Swansea to watch the Norwich game. I would challenge anyone who said that I was not a true fan - I could have gone to watch a game from one of the bigger clubs at a bigger stadium in a bigger city but I wouldn't have enjoyed it half as much as watching the swans.

Edit: Urgh didn't mean to quote a post - ignore that bit.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2014 21:38]
would it be that we have move forward has a club on 21:39 - Apr 22 with 566 viewsDarran

would it be that we have move forward has a club on 21:37 - Apr 22 by AussieJack

Well those of us from overseas are telling stories I guess I'll pitch in my two cents. As my name implies I'm Australian. My local team is Sydney FC and they are my team in the A-league but ultimately the quality of football there is rubbish and no one I know really follows it. As such everyone who follows football here has a team from overseas that they have adopted, almost always Premier League because that is what is shown on TV.

I'm only fairly new to the football world and when it came to picking my premier league team I wanted to avoid glory seeking. I've always liked the underdog and thus found a natural team in the Swans - a relatively small club from outside of England who were able to overcome the biggest teams on occasion. Then the more I read about the club before committing the more I liked. Everything that the Norwegian member above said attracted me too.

I own a club shirt and a scarf which I wear when watching the games at home. I'm currently studying in Rome so I went to watch the game in Napoli (unlike many 'true' fans by the definitions above). I also made the flight over to Swansea to watch the Norwich game. I would challenge anyone who said that I was not a true fan - I could have gone to watch a game from one of the bigger clubs at a bigger stadium in a bigger city but I wouldn't have enjoyed it half as much as watching the swans.

Awesome stuff that.

would it be that we have move forward has a club on 21:42 - Apr 22 with 564 viewsJackfath

would it be that we have move forward has a club on 21:37 - Apr 22 by AussieJack

Next time you're over give me a shout and we can go for a coca cola.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

would it be that we have move forward has a club on 22:18 - Apr 22 with 538 viewsFieryJack

This thread has turned out to be a bit of a revelation! Swansea fans from Norway, the US and Australia. The more the merrier, I say.

My brother was at the Emirates a month or so ago and said he saw a number of Chinese in the Swansea end.

I was at Newcastle last saturday - the two blokes in their mid 20s to my left were Scottish and one behind me had an Ulster accent.

I'm one of those mentioned earlier who came from England to go to Uni in Swansea (late 70's when under Toshack we were pushing for promotion to Div 1) and within a month of arriving had caught the bug. At the time a lot of my mates from my home town (the nearest local league clubs being Luton, Cambridge, Northampton and MK Dons) supported London clubs, mainly West Ham, and thought I was bonkers - but over the years most of them have come to think of the Swans as their second team.

I've always stuck with the Swans, always felt at home here, and fell in love with the place at 18 when I came here.

Strange: there's those local lads who support "big" English club sides rather than their local team, and then there's plenty of others like me (inverted snobs?) from 200 miles away who find the appeal of "smaller", unfashionable, underdog teams far more irresistible.

I'm just glad I never went to Uni in Bristol, Leeds or Nottingham or I'd be bollocksed now.
would it be that we have move forward has a club on 04:08 - Apr 23 with 513 viewsBrynmill_Jack

would it be that we have move forward has a club on 20:09 - Apr 22 by GeoffThom

You're not wrong Geoff
[Post edited 23 Apr 2014 4:10]

would it be that we have move forward has a club on 04:12 - Apr 23 with 508 viewsBrynmill_Jack

You're wearing a scarf ? In Sydney? Jeez fella be careful with the heatstroke !

would it be that we have move forward has a club on 04:14 - Apr 23 with 505 viewsBrynmill_Jack

would it be that we have move forward has a club on 04:12 - Apr 23 by Brynmill_Jack

You're wearing a scarf ? In Sydney? Jeez fella be careful with the heatstroke !

Or in Rome lol !

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024