Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
would it be that we have move forward has a club 07:18 - Apr 22 with 4396 viewsowainglyndwr

That i do not like seeing people localy wearing Liverpool, Man U shirts etc
would it be that we have move forward has a club on 11:58 - Apr 22 with 957 viewsVetchitBack

Sadly seen a massive surge in Liverpool in shirt-wearing and w@nkers in work who ave been either keeping their heads or going on about Swans are now "Liverpool this" and "Liverpool that"

All we can do is keep reminding them of their utter moral inferiority.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

would it be that we have move forward has a club on 12:00 - Apr 22 with 949 viewsperchrockjack

If for example they are from a town with a lowly club say, Rochdale, then no they aren't. Sorry that how I feel.
I think the main points are grown men around Swansea "supporting" a bigger more trophy ridden, more illustrious club. they are not fans or supporters .

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

would it be that we have move forward has a club on 12:04 - Apr 22 with 940 viewsJackSomething

While I agree with the annoyance of people from South Wales saying United/Chelsea/Liverpool are 'their' club, how about we flip the question around?

We're won many admirers among neutrals over the past few years thanks to our success and attractive football. It's not too much of a stretch to assume a few of these will have adopted us as 'their' team. Perhaps they come to the Liberty a few times a season, watch us in away games near them and buy a replica kit and other items online every season.

They consider themselves a Swans fan and are putting their money into the team. Would we turn this person away because they're not from the area? I know I wouldn't.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

would it be that we have move forward has a club on 12:06 - Apr 22 with 935 viewsApeShit

would it be that we have move forward has a club on 12:04 - Apr 22 by JackSomething

While I agree with the annoyance of people from South Wales saying United/Chelsea/Liverpool are 'their' club, how about we flip the question around?

We're won many admirers among neutrals over the past few years thanks to our success and attractive football. It's not too much of a stretch to assume a few of these will have adopted us as 'their' team. Perhaps they come to the Liberty a few times a season, watch us in away games near them and buy a replica kit and other items online every season.

They consider themselves a Swans fan and are putting their money into the team. Would we turn this person away because they're not from the area? I know I wouldn't.

Exactly, how can you tell someone they are not a fan.
would it be that we have move forward has a club on 12:06 - Apr 22 with 934 viewsJackSomething

would it be that we have move forward has a club on 11:57 - Apr 22 by 3swan

To them it is their club if they follow them as a true fan.
It's not what I've chosen (if you can call it that) but each to his own.
I would want all Swansea area football fans to chose the Swans (we would need an extended stadium) but then again I've read of fans who started following us after going to Swansea Uni............are these not Swans fans?

What I was trying to say but better.

Should I feel superior if the fan next to me at a game is from Manchester but started supporting us when he came here for Uni 4 years ago, just because I happen to have been born here?

All a bit sinister to me.

would it be that we have move forward has a club on 12:07 - Apr 22 with 932 views3swan

would it be that we have move forward has a club on 12:00 - Apr 22 by perchrockjack

If for example they are from a town with a lowly club say, Rochdale, then no they aren't. Sorry that how I feel.
I think the main points are grown men around Swansea "supporting" a bigger more trophy ridden, more illustrious club. they are not fans or supporters .

IMO it all depends on what 'bite' you get that starts you off supporting a team.

As a true football fan it's not a choice it happens and there for life.

Like you I want all fans of the area supporting the Swans but won't get worked up over it as it's their choice and not mine to make for them.

We won't fully agree but close enough to leave it at that

would it be that we have move forward has a club on 12:17 - Apr 22 with 908 viewsBrynmill_Jack

would it be that we have move forward has a club on 12:04 - Apr 22 by JackSomething

After we beat Forest in the PO semi some of their fans were after Wembley tickets. I wonder if any stuck around? I hope some did. And what about the 50 or so CCMB regulars who openly admitted buying ST's for our maiden prem season ? I really hope they're still with us too.
Long term Swans fans who have been through the bad times I have no doubt would welcome out of area new fans with open arms. It's the ones who are far more recent that are more likely to be a bit sniffy , "it's my home town club" a refrain I can imagine being xenophobic-Ally used against English SCFC fans in particular. That HAS to be stamped out

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

would it be that we have move forward has a club on 12:20 - Apr 22 with 903 viewsItchySphincter

would it be that we have move forward has a club on 09:33 - Apr 22 by Gretsch

Ahh, so as long as their football league its ok, so which leagues count? as the Welsh league etc., doesn't count obviously ? To me you have made my point, as if it was purely and simply watching a football match, Swansea are not necessarily our local team if we just want to watch a game.

My point is we all go for a bit of glory or a bit of quality.

So when we were not quality, that is why lot's of peoples allegiance now is for sides such as Liverpool etc, as THEY wanted to support a premier side.

This hopefully will diminish as we establish ourselves even more, apart from those who just follow their dad. Personally I follow the Swans and dont care who others support
[Post edited 22 Apr 2014 9:36]

Well your local league club is Swansea, it's a no brainer. I think you can support your local non league club too. It's the only case that you can genuinely support two clubs. It's not like supporting Swans and Manure at the same time.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Login to get fewer ads

would it be that we have move forward has a club on 12:24 - Apr 22 with 894 viewskopperburgjack

Spot on! Yet there was a man in an ARSENAL shirt and ENGLAND jumper in the away end in Newcastle..

Win, draw or lose.. Jacks are on the booze

would it be that we have move forward has a club on 12:42 - Apr 22 with 869 viewsQuakerJack

would it be that we have move forward has a club on 11:57 - Apr 22 by 3swan

To them it is their club if they follow them as a true fan.
It's not what I've chosen (if you can call it that) but each to his own.
I would want all Swansea area football fans to chose the Swans (we would need an extended stadium) but then again I've read of fans who started following us after going to Swansea Uni............are these not Swans fans?

Yes I know someone who did that, and yes I believe they genuinely have that right, they've lived in the area they have an affiliation to it maybe they came to football late.

But someone who supports man United who's been to Manchester once or twice is not a man United fan, they can never feel for them the way I feel for the swans because they haven't lived or come from there. It's more than football, it's about who you are and where you've come from.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

would it be that we have move forward has a club on 13:06 - Apr 22 with 857 viewsereksten

Reading this, I'll have to wonder whether I am a supporter?

I'm from Norway, so not even remotely close to Swansea. I've never really followed a specific team in Norway, as we moved around a lot when I was a kid. Now, I consider myself a Swansea-supporter, and Swansea is 'my' only team.

I started paying attention to the club in 2007, after they beat Sheffield United 3-0 at Bramall Lane in the FA Cup. That match was mentioned on the news on Norwegian TV. At that point I thought it was cool that such a small club could pull off that result.

Since then I've grown more and more fond of this club. There is just so much to like about it. The more I learn, the stronger my love for the club becomes.

- Swansea play their own style of football. Possession oriented and attractive. They are not resorting to cynical play and hoofball where many others would. I want this type of football to succeed.
- Swansea is in Wales. This makes it different from (most) other clubs in the UK.
- Swansea is in part owned by the supporters, and therefore has to care about what the supporters think. This is a lot better than how things can turn out in a dictatorship, like that of Cardiff.
- Swansea is run financially sound. While many other clubs will splash about with cash they don't have, Swansea have managed to run in the black with no debt all the way to the Premier League.
- Swansea almost dropped out of the league only 11 years ago, but pulled through. The supporters saved the club and stood strong through the hard times. Swansea deserves success!

One could go on and on like this. Though I haven't been through the hard times, I don't feel like a glory hunter. Why am I then not a fan of one of the top 7? Because I'm a stupid one?

I've also just founded a supporters club in Norway (with some other supporters). We're running the web site http://swanseacity.no/ and will most definitely be referring to Swansea City as 'our' club. Not because we are from Swansea, but because, Swansea is the club with that special place in our hearts. For all kinds of different reasons, it is the club we support.

Jack Army Norway (http://swanseacity.no/)

would it be that we have move forward has a club on 13:13 - Apr 22 with 840 viewsmonmouth

would it be that we have move forward has a club on 13:06 - Apr 22 by ereksten

I'm from Norway, so not even remotely close to Swansea. I've never really followed a specific team in Norway, as we moved around a lot when I was a kid. Now, I consider myself a Swansea-supporter, and Swansea is 'my' only team.

I started paying attention to the club in 2007, after they beat Sheffield United 3-0 at Bramall Lane in the FA Cup. That match was mentioned on the news on Norwegian TV. At that point I thought it was cool that such a small club could pull off that result.

Since then I've grown more and more fond of this club. There is just so much to like about it. The more I learn, the stronger my love for the club becomes.

- Swansea play their own style of football. Possession oriented and attractive. They are not resorting to cynical play and hoofball where many others would. I want this type of football to succeed.
- Swansea is in Wales. This makes it different from (most) other clubs in the UK.
- Swansea is in part owned by the supporters, and therefore has to care about what the supporters think. This is a lot better than how things can turn out in a dictatorship, like that of Cardiff.
- Swansea is run financially sound. While many other clubs will splash about with cash they don't have, Swansea have managed to run in the black with no debt all the way to the Premier League.
- Swansea almost dropped out of the league only 11 years ago, but pulled through. The supporters saved the club and stood strong through the hard times. Swansea deserves success!

One could go on and on like this. Though I haven't been through the hard times, I don't feel like a glory hunter. Why am I then not a fan of one of the top 7? Because I'm a stupid one?

I've also just founded a supporters club in Norway (with some other supporters). We're running the web site http://swanseacity.no/ and will most definitely be referring to Swansea City as 'our' club. Not because we are from Swansea, but because, Swansea is the club with that special place in our hearts. For all kinds of different reasons, it is the club we support.

That is an extraordinarily interesting philosophical question. I would have said that it is imossible to be a real supporter of a team that you've never seen live or been to that city, but you clearly are a supporter and therefore I'm changing my mind! I don't understand you any more than I understand the liverpool bloke on the bus, but feelings are feelings I suppose. Welcome on board!

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

would it be that we have move forward has a club on 13:22 - Apr 22 with 824 viewsQuakerJack

would it be that we have move forward has a club on 12:24 - Apr 22 by kopperburgjack

Spot on! Yet there was a man in an ARSENAL shirt and ENGLAND jumper in the away end in Newcastle..

Oh FFS!!! Really?

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

would it be that we have move forward has a club on 13:29 - Apr 22 with 817 viewsQuakerJack

I find it difficult to argue back to that. I admire your commitment and welcome you on board.

I personally couldn't do what you do and say support a team in Norway... but you seem to have a passion for my club. It would be different had you chosen man United because you'd chosen them purely because they win. That can't honestly be said about anyone who chooses to support us.

It's an interesting debate. I still stick by my opinion but I like your commitment.

would it be that we have move forward has a club on 13:50 - Apr 22 with 803 viewsJackSomething

If you consider yourself a Swansea fan, then you are to me. Not to mention setting up a supporter's club is more commitment than many local fans have ever shown.

I hope you make it to a Swans match in the flesh one day.

would it be that we have move forward has a club on 14:10 - Apr 22 with 764 viewsBrynmill_Jack

You are a Swansea fan in my eyes too. Fantastic first post and welcome to the board. I'm sure some one in here with a bit of influence could arrange match day tickets for you and members of the fan club you have started up. At the very least pre season friendly games should be readily available

would it be that we have move forward has a club on 14:13 - Apr 22 with 758 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

My birth team is Chelsea. I hope we win the CL again.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

would it be that we have move forward has a club on 14:18 - Apr 22 with 753 viewsperchrockjack

Nice one. From Norway and not a Liverpool fan? Something interesting. I ve no idea if you are from rural Norway or Oslo. I still say your local team is YOUR but if we re talking globally which the Premier League is ,then I d rather you jump aboard our train.
My point regarding British people/clubs remain.

And I thank you

would it be that we have move forward has a club on 14:19 - Apr 22 with 753 viewsSirGarethThe3rd

So here's my story. I'm American. I really never paid any attention to Soccer (Football) until I went to watch a family fried play here at a local University. I saw how physical and beautiful the game was. It wasn't until the '12-'13 season that I started to really appreciate the game. Soccer is not huge (yet) here in the States so I did not get a lot of exposure to it.

My local team here would have to be Seattle Sounders FC of the MLS, but even that is a 4 hour drive. I do support Sounders and plan on going to some matches. So I consider them 'My' team.

How am I a Swansea fan? I wanted to follow a team in the BPL because I consider it the best league in the World. I had no Idea what teams were in the league, other than the big boys, Man U, Liverpool, Chelsea. I didn't even know about Man City. My family dates back to Wales somewhere, so I thought it would be cool to support a team from Wales. At the time Swansea was the only team, so Swansea it was. I will never support another British team. The Swans are MY team and always will be. You can't take that from me.

I'm learning more and more about the History of the Swans and have a hatred for Cardiff already, and hope to travel to Wales someday to see MY team in person. As for now, I have to watch on live feeds or get highlights on the Web. So am I a fan? Yes, I am a supporter of Sounders FC and Swansea City AFC, both are 'MY' team.

WASHINGTON STATE JACK SINCE '12-'13

would it be that we have move forward has a club on 14:30 - Apr 22 with 745 viewsBrynmill_Jack

would it be that we have move forward has a club on 14:19 - Apr 22 by SirGarethThe3rd

So here's my story. I'm American. I really never paid any attention to Soccer (Football) until I went to watch a family fried play here at a local University. I saw how physical and beautiful the game was. It wasn't until the '12-'13 season that I started to really appreciate the game. Soccer is not huge (yet) here in the States so I did not get a lot of exposure to it.

My local team here would have to be Seattle Sounders FC of the MLS, but even that is a 4 hour drive. I do support Sounders and plan on going to some matches. So I consider them 'My' team.

How am I a Swansea fan? I wanted to follow a team in the BPL because I consider it the best league in the World. I had no Idea what teams were in the league, other than the big boys, Man U, Liverpool, Chelsea. I didn't even know about Man City. My family dates back to Wales somewhere, so I thought it would be cool to support a team from Wales. At the time Swansea was the only team, so Swansea it was. I will never support another British team. The Swans are MY team and always will be. You can't take that from me.

I'm learning more and more about the History of the Swans and have a hatred for Cardiff already, and hope to travel to Wales someday to see MY team in person. As for now, I have to watch on live feeds or get highlights on the Web. So am I a fan? Yes, I am a supporter of Sounders FC and Swansea City AFC, both are 'MY' team.

If your name is Gareth you've got a Welsh name anyway and yes you are very welcome.
Good to have you on board !

would it be that we have move forward has a club on 14:32 - Apr 22 with 743 viewsperchrockjack

They cant take it away from me sounds like a cue for a song

would it be that we have move forward has a club on 14:35 - Apr 22 with 740 viewsGretsch

Welcome, I have family from Bergen, what parts are you from?
would it be that we have move forward has a club on 14:37 - Apr 22 with 734 viewsSirGarethThe3rd

would it be that we have move forward has a club on 14:30 - Apr 22 by Brynmill_Jack

If your name is Gareth you've got a Welsh name anyway and yes you are very welcome.
Good to have you on board !

Yes my name is Gareth Davis. Thank you for the welcome.

would it be that we have move forward has a club on 14:41 - Apr 22 with 729 viewsDarran

would it be that we have move forward has a club on 14:19 - Apr 22 by SirGarethThe3rd

Do you know Duff McKagan?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

would it be that we have move forward has a club on 14:46 - Apr 22 with 726 viewsSirGarethThe3rd

would it be that we have move forward has a club on 14:41 - Apr 22 by Darran

Do you know Duff McKagan?

No. As my wife says "What does that have to do with the price of rice in China?" I know Guns 'n Roses went downhill after 'Appetite for Destruction though.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024