Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
CONFIRMED - Moyes Sacked 08:35 - Apr 22 with 3352 viewsJonTheJack

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27107795
CONFIRMED - Moyes Sacked on 09:06 - Apr 22 with 3244 viewsItchySphincter

...and to think it was Everton who hammered the final nail into the coffin. Oh well, another one found out.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2014 9:06]

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

CONFIRMED - Moyes Sacked on 09:09 - Apr 22 with 3225 viewsDarran

CONFIRMED - Moyes Sacked on 09:06 - Apr 22 by ItchySphincter

...and to think it was Everton who hammered the final nail into the coffin. Oh well, another one found out.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2014 9:06]

We should thank him for giving us the Bony song at least.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

CONFIRMED - Moyes Sacked on 09:10 - Apr 22 with 3219 viewsLord_Bony

They certainly have nt forgotten us that s for sure.

Seems a bizarre time to get rid of should at least have awaited maybe for the season to finish.if their not in the title race then it's a disaster for that club.

Mind you it really shows how good Fergie was...maybe Moyes inherited a squad not as polished as previous years.?

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

CONFIRMED - Moyes Sacked on 09:18 - Apr 22 with 3181 viewsNogginthenog

The Mrs says they should appoint Fred Karno , That "Chosen One " sign will be in the skip this morning.
CONFIRMED - Moyes Sacked on 09:37 - Apr 22 with 3106 viewsCooperman

CONFIRMED - Moyes Sacked on 09:10 - Apr 22 by Lord_Bony

They certainly have nt forgotten us that s for sure.

Seems a bizarre time to get rid of should at least have awaited maybe for the season to finish.if their not in the title race then it's a disaster for that club.

Mind you it really shows how good Fergie was...maybe Moyes inherited a squad not as polished as previous years.?

I think it was a combination of how good SAF was and how good the squad was.

Then the squad went downhill and SAF jumped because he couldnt get the cash to do what he wanted.

Moyes got blinded by the job offer and couldnt see this whilst the smart men in suits based in the US had some smart clauses built into the contract that would allow them to boot him if his performances were not up to scratch.

And here we are on this morning - a poor Man U team, Moyes sacked, and the Glazers probably not that much out of pocket. Just another normal day in business to them.

So yes, I'm a firm believer that Moyes inherited a squad that was nowhere near what is was even the season before.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

CONFIRMED - Moyes Sacked on 09:47 - Apr 22 with 3053 viewspansypants

Back to Radio 1 then

Poll: Sick of the media love in with Brazil?

CONFIRMED - Moyes Sacked on 09:49 - Apr 22 with 3041 viewsDrizzle

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/sport-headlines/man-united-to-sack-moyes-bac
CONFIRMED - Moyes Sacked on 09:54 - Apr 22 with 3020 viewsC_jack

Whoever it was going to see the same fate, now any new manager can start without the pressure of following Sir Alex.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Login to get fewer ads

CONFIRMED - Moyes Sacked on 09:55 - Apr 22 with 3009 viewsSwansNZ

Well, I never seen that coming

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

CONFIRMED - Moyes Sacked on 09:58 - Apr 22 with 2985 viewsjeza739

Giggs as interim manager! This has familiar ring too it!
Personally someone he whilst accepting their success and attractive football totally detests them so personally I wished they'd kept him!!
CONFIRMED - Moyes Sacked on 10:12 - Apr 22 with 2919 viewsDarran

CONFIRMED - Moyes Sacked on 09:55 - Apr 22 by SwansNZ

Well, I never seen that coming

It's the way the games gone,someone said on Sky they just weren't playing for the manager,that one should have gone out the window when the minimum wage was abolished.

Someone said to me a few weeks ago that Monk can't motivate the players,if they need motivating they should f*ck off and get a proper job,lazy tw*ts.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

CONFIRMED - Moyes Sacked on 11:11 - Apr 22 with 2837 viewsJackSomething

Wasn't it down to a clause in Moyes' contract saying he could be sacked with less compensation if they didn't get into the CL? The loss to Everton made that mathematically impossible, so bye bye David.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

CONFIRMED - Moyes Sacked on 11:16 - Apr 22 with 2817 viewsHubert

He's 8-1 to take over down here!
CONFIRMED - Moyes Sacked on 11:19 - Apr 22 with 2808 viewswaynekerr55

CONFIRMED - Moyes Sacked on 11:16 - Apr 22 by Hubert

He's 8-1 to take over down here!

I hope not. I'd rather watch iron girders rust than his teams. Plus we'd have an Oscar Garcia style injury list from his stupid f*cking running activities

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

CONFIRMED - Moyes Sacked on 12:21 - Apr 22 with 2737 viewsjackrabbit

I'd welcome that. Why not? He'll be looking to comeback and prove his worth again. After suffering at the hands of a bunch of overpaid, overrated prima donnas, he would welcome the chance to manage a modestly equipped, honest, hard-working little club like Swansea, who forever punch above their weight. He wouldn't get the kudos of managing the megastars of Utd but he'd have an opportunity to develop the potential of a thriving little club and establish us in the top half of the Premier League. He has the experience of working with limited funds and making shrewd acquisitions. He also has the contacts. He'd be a good fit.
CONFIRMED - Moyes Sacked on 12:26 - Apr 22 with 2724 viewsItchySphincter

CONFIRMED - Moyes Sacked on 11:19 - Apr 22 by waynekerr55

I hope not. I'd rather watch iron girders rust than his teams. Plus we'd have an Oscar Garcia style injury list from his stupid f*cking running activities

I would laugh though, thinking of you Wayne.

Then I'd cry.

Truth is he bottled it. Sha t himself when the players took the 'who the fook are you' attitude. Doesn't have a single medal to throw back at them. Bottler.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

CONFIRMED - Moyes Sacked on 12:46 - Apr 22 with 2677 viewswaynekerr55

CONFIRMED - Moyes Sacked on 12:21 - Apr 22 by jackrabbit

I'd welcome that. Why not? He'll be looking to comeback and prove his worth again. After suffering at the hands of a bunch of overpaid, overrated prima donnas, he would welcome the chance to manage a modestly equipped, honest, hard-working little club like Swansea, who forever punch above their weight. He wouldn't get the kudos of managing the megastars of Utd but he'd have an opportunity to develop the potential of a thriving little club and establish us in the top half of the Premier League. He has the experience of working with limited funds and making shrewd acquisitions. He also has the contacts. He'd be a good fit.

Apart from the fact that our success is built upon 433 and possession football.

He's regimented 442, play channels and out run the opponents;. We don't have the squad to play his tune

CONFIRMED - Moyes Sacked on 13:21 - Apr 22 with 2620 viewsChief

CONFIRMED - Moyes Sacked on 12:46 - Apr 22 by waynekerr55

He's regimented 442, play channels and out run the opponents;. We don't have the squad to play his tune

and the huge wages hes been accustomed to.

Spurs a far more likely fit.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

CONFIRMED - Moyes Sacked on 15:22 - Apr 22 with 2555 viewsjackrabbit

CONFIRMED - Moyes Sacked on 12:46 - Apr 22 by waynekerr55

With all due respect, that's total bollocks. It's a game with a ball and 11 a side. This 442 433 12341 9-11 or whatever is all clever clever bullshit. He would adapt a team to play according to the talents of the players involved - that is what good managers do. If players were not sufficiently talented he would get other ones. That's what managers do.

Swans have an established style of play which I'm sure he would be keen to preserve and more importantly - improve. Because it ain't complete. We have lots of games where we disappear up our own arses because we don't have sufficient penetration.

Watching Man Utd on Sunday was eerily like watching the Swans in our less effective mode. The ball was passed around with little aim of doing anything with it - just passing for the sake of passing. What was missing? Well a Scholes in midfield and a Van Persie up front might have helped. As it was Rooney and the rest of the players took the day off. That in a nutshell was his problem. The players wouldn't play for him. They saw themselves as being worthy of a grander personage. He wouldn't have that problem with our lot.

But I digress. My point is that saying this manager or that manager is 'wrong for us' because they like 1 /2/3 up front and 3/2/1 in midfield or what ever is nonsense. They will use what they have, build on what they've got and improve it. That's what they're paid for.
CONFIRMED - Moyes Sacked on 16:41 - Apr 22 with 2493 viewswaynekerr55

CONFIRMED - Moyes Sacked on 15:22 - Apr 22 by jackrabbit

With all due respect, that's total bollocks. It's a game with a ball and 11 a side. This 442 433 12341 9-11 or whatever is all clever clever bullshit. He would adapt a team to play according to the talents of the players involved - that is what good managers do. If players were not sufficiently talented he would get other ones. That's what managers do.

Swans have an established style of play which I'm sure he would be keen to preserve and more importantly - improve. Because it ain't complete. We have lots of games where we disappear up our own arses because we don't have sufficient penetration.

Watching Man Utd on Sunday was eerily like watching the Swans in our less effective mode. The ball was passed around with little aim of doing anything with it - just passing for the sake of passing. What was missing? Well a Scholes in midfield and a Van Persie up front might have helped. As it was Rooney and the rest of the players took the day off. That in a nutshell was his problem. The players wouldn't play for him. They saw themselves as being worthy of a grander personage. He wouldn't have that problem with our lot.

But I digress. My point is that saying this manager or that manager is 'wrong for us' because they like 1 /2/3 up front and 3/2/1 in midfield or what ever is nonsense. They will use what they have, build on what they've got and improve it. That's what they're paid for.

Well if it's bullsh*t then why did he turn Man Utd into Everton light? Kagawa and Mata on the wing? If he's so good then why didn't he build the team around RVP and f*ck Rooney off? Because that's what Taggart did last year

Most people could see they didn't have the legs in midfield to play 442 as they didn't have Toure and Fernandinho, yet he persisted with it.

You have to ask the question (rightly or wrongly) why the players switched off. Was it his dour personality? Was it his obsession with running players until they are sick instead of using the ball to cover conditioning and tactical shape. Was it telling seasoned pro's that "Jagielka does this?" even though Jagielka isn't fit to lace their drinks? The players have to take the blame but to them it is a job, they've gone from a Harrod's set up to Lidl's, of course there will be problems.

"He wouldn't have problems with our players" - remind me how Laudstrop got the boot. One of the reasons was a group of players complained on numerous occasions about how cr*p training is, and they wouldn't have his methods

Now, do I agree with the attitude of modern players. Mostly no, but they do have a point. Would you see Floyd Mayweather/LA Lakers etc. doing some of the cr*p that you see football clubs do? Absolutely not.

CONFIRMED - Moyes Sacked on 16:49 - Apr 22 with 2475 viewsStarsky

CONFIRMED - Moyes Sacked on 11:19 - Apr 22 by waynekerr55

Not like you to bring up the training aspects.

It's just the internet, init.

CONFIRMED - Moyes Sacked on 16:52 - Apr 22 with 2465 viewswaynekerr55

CONFIRMED - Moyes Sacked on 16:49 - Apr 22 by Starsky

Not like you to bring up the training aspects.

I know, once the season finishes and I've written my blog that will be the last mention

CONFIRMED - Moyes Sacked on 17:04 - Apr 22 with 2451 viewsOldjack

I'd welcome Moyes here ,he'd get you 40 points no bother year in year out

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

CONFIRMED - Moyes Sacked on 23:14 - Apr 22 with 2341 viewsjackrabbit

CONFIRMED - Moyes Sacked on 16:41 - Apr 22 by waynekerr55

Well if it's bullsh*t then why did he turn Man Utd into Everton light? Kagawa and Mata on the wing? If he's so good then why didn't he build the team around RVP and f*ck Rooney off? Because that's what Taggart did last year

Most people could see they didn't have the legs in midfield to play 442 as they didn't have Toure and Fernandinho, yet he persisted with it.

You have to ask the question (rightly or wrongly) why the players switched off. Was it his dour personality? Was it his obsession with running players until they are sick instead of using the ball to cover conditioning and tactical shape. Was it telling seasoned pro's that "Jagielka does this?" even though Jagielka isn't fit to lace their drinks? The players have to take the blame but to them it is a job, they've gone from a Harrod's set up to Lidl's, of course there will be problems.

"He wouldn't have problems with our players" - remind me how Laudstrop got the boot. One of the reasons was a group of players complained on numerous occasions about how cr*p training is, and they wouldn't have his methods

Now, do I agree with the attitude of modern players. Mostly no, but they do have a point. Would you see Floyd Mayweather/LA Lakers etc. doing some of the cr*p that you see football clubs do? Absolutely not.

You make some good points but I think the underlying problem was quite simply that any manager walking into a scenario like David Moyes did, where he had no success compared to his players is always asking for trouble.

Reading the reams of print about the Moyes dismissal, one statistic really hit home:

Unsuccessful crosses:

Manchester United 717
SWANSEA CITY. 669
West Ham 649
Tottenham 632
Everton 619

Just rams home how well Bony has done in scoring, and how much better he could have done if we had wingers who could regularly get the ball across to him. Something for our next manager, whoever he is, to prioritise. Routledge is less of an offender than Dyer, whose end product is often sadly lacking. We have gem in Bony but I still feel he has not been used to the greatest effect. I'm confident Moyes would address that even if he seems not to have done so at United.
CONFIRMED - Moyes Sacked on 03:56 - Apr 23 with 2291 viewsJBT95

CONFIRMED - Moyes Sacked on 23:14 - Apr 22 by jackrabbit

You make some good points but I think the underlying problem was quite simply that any manager walking into a scenario like David Moyes did, where he had no success compared to his players is always asking for trouble.

Reading the reams of print about the Moyes dismissal, one statistic really hit home:

Unsuccessful crosses:

Manchester United 717
SWANSEA CITY. 669
West Ham 649
Tottenham 632
Everton 619

Just rams home how well Bony has done in scoring, and how much better he could have done if we had wingers who could regularly get the ball across to him. Something for our next manager, whoever he is, to prioritise. Routledge is less of an offender than Dyer, whose end product is often sadly lacking. We have gem in Bony but I still feel he has not been used to the greatest effect. I'm confident Moyes would address that even if he seems not to have done so at United.

This is a useless stat.

Manchester United's identity for as long as most people can remember is whipping the ball into the box from out wide using wingers. Attacking wing play.

We also use this with Wayne, Nath, Roland.

It needs to be a percentage to make it worth posting about.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024