Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If David Moyes was our new manager next season 13:14 - Apr 22 with 5632 viewsLiberty

What would you think ?

Poll: League 2 Mod , Darr, but we are now in Prem - time for a change ?

If David Moyes was our new manager next season on 20:02 - Apr 22 with 807 viewswaynekerr55

If David Moyes was our new manager next season on 19:56 - Apr 22 by WarwickHunt

Could you imagine Moyes here with Oscar back as fitness coach?

Wayne would need therapy.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

If David Moyes was our new manager next season on 20:41 - Apr 22 with 775 viewssully49

If David Moyes was our new manager next season on 13:19 - Apr 22 by scottishjack

I personally think he needs to go and take a year away from football, get his head together and then go again.

A good manager who took on a job that was far too much for him, would I want to see him at the Swans? No, but that's more to do with the contrast in playing styles than not rating him as a manager.

that is where Garry Monk and Moyes are miles apart, our team want to play for the manager and much to Manchester Utd players who should hang their in shame. Who's the bigger club now.

Poll: Is there any way for Lee Trundle to play in this squad?

If David Moyes was our new manager next season on 20:52 - Apr 22 with 756 viewsBloodyhills

I woudln't be happy about that at all.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

If David Moyes was our new manager next season on 20:52 - Apr 22 with 751 viewsDr_Winston

We'd probably be fixtures in the PL, but it wouldn't be fun.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

If David Moyes was our new manager next season on 22:43 - Apr 22 with 719 viewsLiberty

If David Moyes was our new manager next season on 19:44 - Apr 22 by waynekerr55

2005 apart - top 8 budget finished... top 8. You think Howard, Baines, Jagielka, Coleman, Fellaini, Mirralas were on anything less than 45k per week. Hardly peanuts

Until he wins something he's no more than a glorified Curbishley.

Happy to be proved wrong...
[Post edited 22 Apr 2014 19:47]

Brought Rooney through, cost nothing, sold for 25 million. If good enough, old enough for 1st team.

Steve Pienaar cost them 2 mill first time, 4mill second time round.

Mirallas cost them 6 million.

He likes tall players !!!! 5ft 7 Baines cost him 5 million, Jagielka 4 million.

List goes on. Its laughable that so many Swans fans think Moyes is not good enough for us....unbelievable to be honest.

If David Moyes was our new manager next season on 22:47 - Apr 22 with 709 viewsblaine_scfc

If David Moyes was our new manager next season on 22:43 - Apr 22 by Liberty

Brought Rooney through, cost nothing, sold for 25 million. If good enough, old enough for 1st team.

List goes on. Its laughable that so many Swans fans think Moyes is not good enough for us....unbelievable to be honest.

Agreed, when he went to Everton they were struggling. Finished 17th the season before he arrived I believe, he turned them in to a top half side who were pretty much challenging for Europe every season.

Would be amazed if he ever came here, and over the moon. Was on a big salary at Everton though, definite non starter imo.
If David Moyes was our new manager next season on 22:55 - Apr 22 with 706 viewsDyfnant

If David Moyes was our new manager next season on 22:43 - Apr 22 by Liberty

Yakubu £11M, Heitinga £7M, Andy Johnson around £9M, I'm sure there's others you've forgotten to mention

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

If David Moyes was our new manager next season on 23:08 - Apr 22 with 691 viewsLiberty

If David Moyes was our new manager next season on 22:55 - Apr 22 by Dyfnant

Yakubu £11M, Heitinga £7M, Andy Johnson around £9M, I'm sure there's others you've forgotten to mention

Not exactly gone mad with the spending however you look at it.

Prem year in, year out and cup runs.

Think some Swans fans are expecting a bit too much.

Monk not good enough, lacks experience , contacts etc, then Moyes not good enough, doesn't play Swansea way. Bonkers .

Think fans have lost a bit of reality here.

Login to get fewer ads

If David Moyes was our new manager next season on 23:13 - Apr 22 with 686 viewsJackFish

Ask Everton fans what they think of him...

He did a decent enough job there but was never good enough to push them on further. Talk of them not spending much money is nonsense too, they probably pay around the 6th/7th most in the league and that's where he had them finishing year after year.

Plus his style of play would bore me to tears.
If David Moyes was our new manager next season on 23:20 - Apr 22 with 682 viewsWarwickHunt

If David Moyes was our new manager next season on 23:08 - Apr 22 by Liberty

Monk not good enough, lacks experience , contacts etc, then Moyes not good enough, doesn't play Swansea way. Bonkers .

The reality is we're approaching our fourth consecutive season in the world's best league.

We don't need to employ an unqualified rookie and we don't want to employ a sweaty whose football style is as dour as his dull personality.
If David Moyes was our new manager next season on 23:27 - Apr 22 with 668 viewsDyfnant

If David Moyes was our new manager next season on 23:08 - Apr 22 by Liberty

Well I like to be entertained in the main

If David Moyes was our new manager next season on 23:54 - Apr 22 with 645 viewsLiberty

If David Moyes was our new manager next season on 23:27 - Apr 22 by Dyfnant

Well I like to be entertained in the main

Think we a recent history of passing the ball around in our half more than most teams, so if you have coped with that I am sure you will cope with a manager who wants his team to have more possession in oppositions half.

Score more than us and less goals against.

You would think that we play amazingly well and always look to entertain. Look at our league position and stats for possession in opponents half, where the exciting bits happen.

If David Moyes was our new manager next season on 00:09 - Apr 23 with 634 viewsLiberty

If David Moyes was our new manager next season on 23:54 - Apr 22 by Liberty

Think we a recent history of passing the ball around in our half more than most teams, so if you have coped with that I am sure you will cope with a manager who wants his team to have more possession in oppositions half.

You would think that we play amazingly well and always look to entertain. Look at our league position and stats for possession in opponents half, where the exciting bits happen.

I actually think evening post get as many stories from this site, as this site gets from evening post, almost.

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Ex-Manchester-United-boss-David-Moyes-re

If David Moyes was our new manager next season on 00:10 - Apr 23 with 634 viewsjruss1

We built our sucess on a specific football philosphy and I see no reason why we should abandon that now.

Especially for a manager who's proved he's decent doing it the opposite way.

We just look for someone who fits how we want to play. There's plenty out there.

Or do you want to throw away the base of our sucess at the first hint of trouble?

In that case, we may as well buy out Tony Pulis. Sign a team of 6 foot hoofers and be done with it.

I'm quite proud we made it...and sustained our progress playing the right way. It's stinks of a lack of ambition to accept anything less, in my view.
If David Moyes was our new manager next season on 00:13 - Apr 23 with 631 viewsDyfnant

If David Moyes was our new manager next season on 23:54 - Apr 22 by Liberty

Never enjoyed watching Everton play under Moyes, same for Man Utd under him. Not for me thanks

If David Moyes was our new manager next season on 00:20 - Apr 23 with 623 viewsLiberty

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-fc-played-st

Its all opinion. I certainly don't want long / hoof ball , football used. There are lots of methods / styles of play. Different tactics dependant on opposition.

I am sure, whoever we appoint- they won't please everyone.

If David Moyes was our new manager next season on 00:47 - Apr 23 with 610 viewsLiberty

If David Moyes was our new manager next season on 00:13 - Apr 23 by Dyfnant

Never enjoyed watching Everton play under Moyes, same for Man Utd under him. Not for me thanks

I never enjoyed seeing Everton live under Moyes, as they usually beat us.

Boring wasn't what came to mind.

If David Moyes was our new manager next season on 08:34 - Apr 23 with 571 viewswaynekerr55

Microphone head £16m

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

If David Moyes was our new manager next season on 08:43 - Apr 23 with 561 viewsRancid

Haven't read the thread yet but I've said it before on here.David Moyes would not come here im afraid.He'll either be the next Spurs boss or Newcastle.
If David Moyes was our new manager next season on 09:18 - Apr 23 with 525 viewsJackSomething

Aye, here's a few:

Seamus Coleman £60k
Phil Neville £3.5m
Tim Howard £3m
Phil Jagielka £4m
Nigel Martyn - nominal fee
Leighton Baines £6m
Joleon Lescott £5m (sold for almost £20m profit)
Mikel Arteta £2m
Tim Cahill £1.5m

It seems pretty obvious that he does better when shopping in the bargain basement than when spending big fees, which would suit a smaller club like us.

Some people are getting very swollen heads if they think Moyes isn't good enough for us.

What it should come down to is which you prioritise more: Premier League status or entertaining football?

We've had the debate over results versus style many times over the years and I've always said I like watching us play good football above all else. But I've normally been on the losing side, with the majority prioritising results above style. Interesting that we now seem to be leaning the other way.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

If David Moyes was our new manager next season on 09:23 - Apr 23 with 520 viewsRancid

If David Moyes was our new manager next season on 09:18 - Apr 23 by JackSomething

Aye, here's a few:

Seamus Coleman £60k
Phil Neville £3.5m
Tim Howard £3m
Phil Jagielka £4m
Leighton Baines £6m
Mikel Arteta £2m
Tim Cahill £1.5m

It seems pretty obvious that he does better when shopping in the bargain basement than when spending big fees, which would suit a smaller club like us.

Some people are getting very swollen heads if they think Moyes isn't good enough for us.

What it should come down to is which you prioritise more: Premier League status or entertaining football?

We've had the debate over results versus style many times over the years and I've always said I like watching us play good football above all else. But I've normally been on the losing side, with the majority prioritising results above style. Interesting that we now seem to be leaning the other way.

From Man Utd to Swansea? Righto!
If David Moyes was our new manager next season on 09:26 - Apr 23 with 511 viewsJackSomething

If David Moyes was our new manager next season on 09:23 - Apr 23 by Rancid

From Man Utd to Swansea? Righto!

Sorry, I should clarify that I in no way think David Moyes is in any way likely to become our manager. I'm in complete agreement with your post that Newcastle or Spurs are far more likely destinations.

If David Moyes was our new manager next season on 09:27 - Apr 23 with 505 viewsRancid

If David Moyes was our new manager next season on 09:26 - Apr 23 by JackSomething

Sorry, I should clarify that I in no way think David Moyes is in any way likely to become our manager. I'm in complete agreement with your post that Newcastle or Spurs are far more likely destinations.

Oops,I'm the one who should be apologizing.I read your post wrong.
If David Moyes was our new manager next season on 09:27 - Apr 23 with 503 viewsJackSomething

If David Moyes was our new manager next season on 09:27 - Apr 23 by Rancid

Oops,I'm the one who should be apologizing.I read your post wrong.

If David Moyes was our new manager next season on 09:29 - Apr 23 with 494 viewsDarran

If David Moyes was our new manager next season on 09:18 - Apr 23 by JackSomething

Aye, here's a few:

Seamus Coleman £60k
Phil Neville £3.5m
Tim Howard £3m
Phil Jagielka £4m
Leighton Baines £6m
Mikel Arteta £2m
Tim Cahill £1.5m

That's not nice saying Waynekerrs got a swollen head.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024