Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If David Moyes was our new manager next season 13:14 - Apr 22 with 5630 viewsLiberty

What would you think ?

Poll: League 2 Mod , Darr, but we are now in Prem - time for a change ?

If David Moyes was our new manager next season on 10:01 - Apr 23 with 786 viewswaynekerr55

If David Moyes was our new manager next season on 09:18 - Apr 23 by JackSomething

Aye, here's a few:

Seamus Coleman £60k
Phil Neville £3.5m
Tim Howard £3m
Phil Jagielka £4m
Nigel Martyn - nominal fee
Leighton Baines £6m
Joleon Lescott £5m (sold for almost £20m profit)
Mikel Arteta £2m
Tim Cahill £1.5m

It seems pretty obvious that he does better when shopping in the bargain basement than when spending big fees, which would suit a smaller club like us.

Some people are getting very swollen heads if they think Moyes isn't good enough for us.

What it should come down to is which you prioritise more: Premier League status or entertaining football?

We've had the debate over results versus style many times over the years and I've always said I like watching us play good football above all else. But I've normally been on the losing side, with the majority prioritising results above style. Interesting that we now seem to be leaning the other way.

Transfer fee's low yes, but by the time you take wages into consideration they have a top 8 budget, and that's where he finished.

I've no doubt we'd be safe but quite frankly I'd rather watch paint dry than his teams.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

If David Moyes was our new manager next season on 10:35 - Apr 23 with 756 viewsUxbridge

If David Moyes was our new manager next season on 10:01 - Apr 23 by waynekerr55

Transfer fee's low yes, but by the time you take wages into consideration they have a top 8 budget, and that's where he finished.

I've no doubt we'd be safe but quite frankly I'd rather watch paint dry than his teams.

That's not correct. In 2012/13 Everton had the 10th highest wages, behind QPR, Fulham and Villa. Their revenue was 9th, sandwiched between West Ham and Villa (and only 19m ahead of little old us). The Swiss Rambler put together an excellent summary of the PL finances. Well worth a read on his Twitter feed.

Let's not rewrite history. He did a really good job at Everton. Have doubts whether he'd be right for us (or would even be interested in us either) but he's a more than solid PL manager. There are a lot worse around. I'd have thought that Pulis this season should teach us that preconceptions aren't always correct.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

If David Moyes was our new manager next season on 10:37 - Apr 23 with 752 viewsDarran

If David Moyes was our new manager next season on 10:35 - Apr 23 by Uxbridge

That's not correct. In 2012/13 Everton had the 10th highest wages, behind QPR, Fulham and Villa. Their revenue was 9th, sandwiched between West Ham and Villa (and only 19m ahead of little old us). The Swiss Rambler put together an excellent summary of the PL finances. Well worth a read on his Twitter feed.

Let's not rewrite history. He did a really good job at Everton. Have doubts whether he'd be right for us (or would even be interested in us either) but he's a more than solid PL manager. There are a lot worse around. I'd have thought that Pulis this season should teach us that preconceptions aren't always correct.

Spot on Uxybaby.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

If David Moyes was our new manager next season on 10:37 - Apr 23 with 750 viewswaynekerr55

If David Moyes was our new manager next season on 10:35 - Apr 23 by Uxbridge

Uxy I do agree he's good, the stats don't lie but he is no managerial sage. Everton was his ceiling and that's no mean feat. More than 99% of the poluation will achieve granted.

If David Moyes was our new manager next season on 10:38 - Apr 23 with 749 viewsUxbridge

If David Moyes was our new manager next season on 10:37 - Apr 23 by Darran

Spot on Uxybaby.

Thank you Dazza.

If David Moyes was our new manager next season on 10:46 - Apr 23 with 736 viewsUxbridge

If David Moyes was our new manager next season on 10:37 - Apr 23 by waynekerr55

Uxy I do agree he's good, the stats don't lie but he is no managerial sage. Everton was his ceiling and that's no mean feat. More than 99% of the poluation will achieve granted.

Well he'd certainly reached his ceiling at Everton I agree, and I was slightly surprised for Man Utd to approach him in the first place. His away record at top teams was utterly abysmal as was his ability to win trophies when literally everyone else (including us) were getting at least close.

He's no oracle or massively insightful sage I agree though. He's probably top of what I'd call the old school thinking ... get them fit, get them organised, get them on the pitch. It might not be a view I subscribe to (and reading your posts I know where you stand!) but I'm not going to get sniffy about that approach. It was too much for our supposed more modern approach on several occasions. If I were an Everton fan I'd be a bit more refrained in my gloating ... Moyes turned them from a basket case into the stable club they are now, and it wouldn't take much for some blue sky thinking from Martinez to fail and send them back the other way.

Actuallly, that's probably why replacing Fergie with Moyes didn't work ... replacing steady with steady (but not as good) can only lead to it going one way.

Not sure where he'll end up. Newcastle would be a perfect fit, but their fans are delusional. Ditto Spurs.

If David Moyes was our new manager next season on 11:00 - Apr 23 with 720 viewsZut_Alors

If David Moyes was our new manager next season on 10:46 - Apr 23 by Uxbridge

Well he'd certainly reached his ceiling at Everton I agree, and I was slightly surprised for Man Utd to approach him in the first place. His away record at top teams was utterly abysmal as was his ability to win trophies when literally everyone else (including us) were getting at least close.

He's no oracle or massively insightful sage I agree though. He's probably top of what I'd call the old school thinking ... get them fit, get them organised, get them on the pitch. It might not be a view I subscribe to (and reading your posts I know where you stand!) but I'm not going to get sniffy about that approach. It was too much for our supposed more modern approach on several occasions. If I were an Everton fan I'd be a bit more refrained in my gloating ... Moyes turned them from a basket case into the stable club they are now, and it wouldn't take much for some blue sky thinking from Martinez to fail and send them back the other way.

Actuallly, that's probably why replacing Fergie with Moyes didn't work ... replacing steady with steady (but not as good) can only lead to it going one way.

Not sure where he'll end up. Newcastle would be a perfect fit, but their fans are delusional. Ditto Spurs.

Good posts. I wouldn't be surprised to see him take over at Newcastle.
If David Moyes was our new manager next season on 12:35 - Apr 23 with 681 viewsVetchitBack

Could he do a "Martinez" in reverse?

Could he take a team of good footballers and toughen them up whilst maintaining their technical fluency?

It's unlikely to be as simple as that and I doubt he'd come here although he might fancy being a relatively big fish in a less high-pressured environment.

But yeah Newcastle seems likely.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2014 12:36]

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Login to get fewer ads

If David Moyes was our new manager next season on 16:05 - Apr 23 with 639 viewsBloodyhills

If David Moyes was our new manager next season on 14:32 - Apr 22 by Darran

If the 'Swansea Way' is so special it's strange how we never beat Moyes in a league game isn't it?

We never beat Everton no matter who is manager.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

If David Moyes was our new manager next season on 11:22 - Apr 25 with 569 viewswaynekerr55

I've just seen in the back of the currant bun that he allegedly wanted to change the ethos of Man U's academy from technicality to athleticism. Jesus H Christ if that's true

If David Moyes was our new manager next season on 11:27 - Apr 25 with 554 viewsDrizzy

Wayne I'm going to be straight with you, mate. Please shut the f*ck up. We get it, you don't like Moyes and his methods. We get it, you don't like Oscar Garcia. We get it, you don't like 4-4-2. We get it, you don't like running in f*cking straight lines.

You're a nice guy and I hate to do this mate but you're teetering dangerously in to Perch territory now. You're better than what you've been this last month. I know it and you know it.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

If David Moyes was our new manager next season on 11:30 - Apr 25 with 548 viewsRogueTrooper

The only thing that would concern me is that he would need to change a lot of the side to play his way, that would take a lot of time. It would be a similar scenario as Brendan at Reading, great manager, but not the right type of incumbant player to apply his tactics and style, therefore for that reason, and taking nothing away from the fact that Moyes an excellent manager, I'm out.
We need someone to improve what we've got, therefore a like for like swap with a few new ideas is what we need from a manager, otr stick with Garry who, like Martinez, might be a success after an initial bedding in period.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2014 12:13]

"If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training, you will be a weapon. You will be a minister of death praying for war. But until that day you are pukes. You are the lowest form of life on Earth. You are not even human furcking beings! You are nothing but unorganized, grabastic pieces of amphibian sh1t! Because I am hard, you will not like me. But the more you hate me the more you will learn."

If David Moyes was our new manager next season on 11:41 - Apr 25 with 537 viewswaynekerr55

If David Moyes was our new manager next season on 11:27 - Apr 25 by Drizzy

Wayne I'm going to be straight with you, mate. Please shut the f*ck up. We get it, you don't like Moyes and his methods. We get it, you don't like Oscar Garcia. We get it, you don't like 4-4-2. We get it, you don't like running in f*cking straight lines.

You're a nice guy and I hate to do this mate but you're teetering dangerously in to Perch territory now. You're better than what you've been this last month. I know it and you know it.

The cruel to be kind post

To be frank I wasn't using this to go over old ground but was amazed that anyone thought that they could walk into that club and rip up the proven academy that they have. I just thought that was crazy

If David Moyes was our new manager next season on 11:44 - Apr 25 with 527 viewsDarran

If David Moyes was our new manager next season on 11:27 - Apr 25 by Drizzy

Great post the truth hurts.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

If David Moyes was our new manager next season on 09:45 - Apr 27 with 462 viewsFergal

Great article by Jonathan Northcroft detailing the "the truth about the ugliest sacking in football" in today's Sunday Times, including Moyes knowing the game was up when Fergie stopped taking his calls.

www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/sport/football/Premiership/article1404236.ece

(subscription required)
If David Moyes was our new manager next season on 12:24 - Apr 27 with 424 viewswaynekerr55

If David Moyes was our new manager next season on 09:45 - Apr 27 by Fergal

Great article by Jonathan Northcroft detailing the "the truth about the ugliest sacking in football" in today's Sunday Times, including Moyes knowing the game was up when Fergie stopped taking his calls.

www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/sport/football/Premiership/article1404236.ece

(subscription required)

Certainly gives the other side of the coin. He's been shoddily treated, the comments section makes interesting reading

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024