Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our weakest links? regarding summer purchases. 18:22 - Apr 22 with 4352 viewsDanielswan

Not in any particular order.

1. Ben Davies, has in my oppinion stopped performing. Maybe the success rose to his head and he forgot to work even harder at the training field.

2. Vorm. Can we blame the goals scored on him or should we do it on the defense? Lets face it, he has been no Marshall.

http://www.whoscored.com/Regions/252/Tournaments/2/Seasons/3853/Stages/7794/Team

Defense:

Shots conceded per game .... we are 7th in the premier league, this tells me our defensive guys have been doing their job to a good standard. Our keeper just isnt saving much.

Midfield:

Tackles per game goes for both defense and midfield and we are 17 th, but since the opponent does not have that many shots on us, it must mean that we have too many people in the midfield who fail to put their takcles in. If challenging headers are included in this statistic we should be loosing anyway ... so thats probably why we are 17th, we have small guys with short legs :).

Attack:

Michu can do it, but has been out for most of the season and wont come back now, cant judge him on this years performances. Bony has been a beast and I am afraid he will be gone by summer.

Players who I fill dont fit in:

Vasques
Ngog

Players we can gamble on, hit and miss performances;

Pozuelo
Hernandez, exceptional on some days, totally appalling on others.
Lamah, incredible speed but not the best thinker on a pitch, and thats to put it mildly.

Players I feel have been harshly dealt with by the fans:

Canas: Played mostly good games under Laudrup but has fallen under Monk, wish there was a way to get his wild spirit back. I have a feeling he would an excellent replacement for Britton given time.

Players we should keep:

Anyone I havnt mentioned, although I dont now much about our young reserves.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2014 18:24]

Half portuguese and half danish, mixing Sagres and Carlsberg is my birthright.
Poll: Style of play.

Our weakest links? regarding summer purchases. on 18:24 - Apr 22 with 3551 viewsDarran

So the three man defence have been performing ok then Danny?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Our weakest links? regarding summer purchases. on 18:29 - Apr 22 with 3514 viewsDanielswan

Our weakest links? regarding summer purchases. on 18:24 - Apr 22 by Darran

So the three man defence have been performing ok then Danny?

A lot of people wont share my oppinion, but I feel that the duo "Chico, Williams" are one of the best in the league, they make mistakes .. but remember does every other defender.

I even believe that Rangel isnt that good, he is okay, which makes those statistics back up my beliefs or fail me on Davies´s assessement.

Our weakest links? regarding summer purchases. on 18:31 - Apr 22 with 3492 viewsdan_swansea

Why will bony be gone by the summer? I disagree with your thoughts on Canas, although I would give him more time. Ben Davies is still only 20. I can't be bothered with stats like the ones you posted

Poll: Safe standing; what's your thoughts?

Our weakest links? regarding summer purchases. on 18:33 - Apr 22 with 3482 viewsDanielswan

Our weakest links? regarding summer purchases. on 18:31 - Apr 22 by dan_swansea

Why will bony be gone by the summer? I disagree with your thoughts on Canas, although I would give him more time. Ben Davies is still only 20. I can't be bothered with stats like the ones you posted

Thats quite alright, I understand your point of view, I am a big fan of statistics however.

Our weakest links? regarding summer purchases. on 18:37 - Apr 22 with 3456 viewswaynekerr55

Ben is the least likely player to let fame go to his head. He's (IMO anyway) been over played and Taylor should have had more game time.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Our weakest links? regarding summer purchases. on 18:39 - Apr 22 with 3437 viewsDanielswan

Our weakest links? regarding summer purchases. on 18:37 - Apr 22 by waynekerr55

Ben is the least likely player to let fame go to his head. He's (IMO anyway) been over played and Taylor should have had more game time.

Was reading more statistics, we have two of the best interceptors in the premier league, Rangel and Chico .... that surprised me.

Our weakest links? regarding summer purchases. on 19:57 - Apr 22 with 3280 viewsC_jack

Our weakest links? regarding summer purchases. on 18:37 - Apr 22 by waynekerr55

Some of us said over a year ago when he started playing regularly that he would need to be rested and managed accordingly. We are seeing the true effects of 'burnout' I believe, nothing against his ability.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2014 19:59]

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Our weakest links? regarding summer purchases. on 19:59 - Apr 22 with 3268 viewsclement

with williams, amat, chico and bartley i think we're ok for center backs. for anyone to come in i think one of them would need to go. could we improve on amat chico and barts? probably, for £8-10 mill...is it a priority? not if they all stay....

right back is crying out for reinforcement, tiendali needs to go an without any real competition for the place i think rangel is starting to fade. plus i can only see rangel being premier standard for another season or so. young, attacking right back who can cross. top priority.

if taylor and davies both stay then we're fine at left back, if not we'll only need a backup as either one is up to standard i'd say.

no problems in midfield, although i'd cash in on poz, canas, pablo and ki to get someone like gilfy sigurdson in as well as jdg.

wings - is lamah on loan? think he is, so he's off, so a left footed winger has
as to be seen as high priority, is ngog worth keeping as a backup winger. not sure.

up top - get rid of emnes (thanks and goodbye), vasquez, and lita and get someone who can lead the line, but is happy to spend 75% of games on the bench. top priority - african nations cup is going to be right arse ache if we don't have a decent backup for the beast.

keeper- has vorm suddenly become shi t since his injury? i think we should stick with him as first choice, but bring in a younger, better version of tremmel as a backup....
[Post edited 22 Apr 2014 20:01]

Poll: who will be our manager next season?

Login to get fewer ads

Our weakest links? regarding summer purchases. on 20:07 - Apr 22 with 3242 viewswaynekerr55

Our weakest links? regarding summer purchases. on 19:57 - Apr 22 by C_jack

Some of us said over a year ago when he started playing regularly that he would need to be rested and managed accordingly. We are seeing the true effects of 'burnout' I believe, nothing against his ability.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2014 19:59]

Burnout doesn't exist mun. Run "em" until they are sick. That'll sort the men from the boys see

Spot on.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Our weakest links? regarding summer purchases. on 20:11 - Apr 22 with 3223 viewsjazzswan

Please stop referring to the defense !! please note in the UK the correct spelling is DEFENCE!
Sorry to be pedantic, but you need to set up any defence with a good defence!!
Our weakest links? regarding summer purchases. on 20:55 - Apr 22 with 3105 viewsyescomeon

Id say keep one of de Guzaman or Ki and set in midfield. Keep on Lamah and bring in another winger. Ship off Lita, Emnes and Ngog and get in a quality backup striker. Get rid of Tiendalli and replace him with a good young(ish) right back. In goal Id get rid of Tremmel and see if anyone better that Vorm is available, if not younger competition would be good.

How far would away would the likes of Gwion Edwards, Dai Cornell, Jazz Richards, Rory Donnelly and Lee Lucas be away from filling these backup roles? Don't watch the reserves myself.

Upthecity!

Our weakest links? regarding summer purchases. on 21:02 - Apr 22 with 3079 viewsItchySphincter

Canas was free, if we can get a tenner for him we're quids in. Actually agree for the most part about the defence. We don't need major surgery this summer, I've said it countless times but I still believe we have a very good team playing badly. A few adjustments here and there but what we absolutely need and must have this summer is strong leadership, from the top and down through the coaching staff.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Our weakest links? regarding summer purchases. on 21:13 - Apr 22 with 3034 viewsDr_Winston

Our weakest links? regarding summer purchases. on 21:02 - Apr 22 by ItchySphincter

Canas was free, if we can get a tenner for him we're quids in. Actually agree for the most part about the defence. We don't need major surgery this summer, I've said it countless times but I still believe we have a very good team playing badly. A few adjustments here and there but what we absolutely need and must have this summer is strong leadership, from the top and down through the coaching staff.

Tend to agree. It remains to be seen whether a stronger, more organised boss can iron out the issues we see in certain areas, particularly in goal.

For me we obviously need a right back to take over from Rangel. A left winger who can cross the ball accurately most of the time, and better cover for Bony than a midfielder plus random hapless loanee. Also getting JdG here permanently (like the swap deal for Ki idea) should be a priority too.

Do that and we're not a million miles away IMO, assuming that new guy doesn't discard Pozzy and Canas as easily as Monk appears to have done.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Our weakest links? regarding summer purchases. on 21:16 - Apr 22 with 3027 viewsItchySphincter

Our weakest links? regarding summer purchases. on 21:13 - Apr 22 by Dr_Winston

Tend to agree. It remains to be seen whether a stronger, more organised boss can iron out the issues we see in certain areas, particularly in goal.

For me we obviously need a right back to take over from Rangel. A left winger who can cross the ball accurately most of the time, and better cover for Bony than a midfielder plus random hapless loanee. Also getting JdG here permanently (like the swap deal for Ki idea) should be a priority too.

Do that and we're not a million miles away IMO, assuming that new guy doesn't discard Pozzy and Canas as easily as Monk appears to have done.

Signing JDG should be the first mission. As soon as we are mathematically safe try to get him to sign, even if it's before the last game. We have a few that others must fancy so we should be able to raise some funds if required. We should also convince Wilf we are going to build around him.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Our weakest links? regarding summer purchases. on 21:26 - Apr 22 with 3009 viewsUxbridge

Our weakest links? regarding summer purchases. on 21:16 - Apr 22 by ItchySphincter

Signing JDG should be the first mission. As soon as we are mathematically safe try to get him to sign, even if it's before the last game. We have a few that others must fancy so we should be able to raise some funds if required. We should also convince Wilf we are going to build around him.

I couldn't really read a summary where the first weakness was our LBs.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Our weakest links? regarding summer purchases. on 21:48 - Apr 22 with 2965 viewsQuakerJack

Our weakest links? regarding summer purchases. on 20:55 - Apr 22 by yescomeon

Id say keep one of de Guzaman or Ki and set in midfield. Keep on Lamah and bring in another winger. Ship off Lita, Emnes and Ngog and get in a quality backup striker. Get rid of Tiendalli and replace him with a good young(ish) right back. In goal Id get rid of Tremmel and see if anyone better that Vorm is available, if not younger competition would be good.

How far would away would the likes of Gwion Edwards, Dai Cornell, Jazz Richards, Rory Donnelly and Lee Lucas be away from filling these backup roles? Don't watch the reserves myself.

I prefer Emnes to Lamah. Just saying.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Our weakest links? regarding summer purchases. on 21:51 - Apr 22 with 2949 viewsAussieJack

I'm not sure how you can say Davies has had a bad season when the whoscored link you put there ranks him as our 5th best player this season.
Our weakest links? regarding summer purchases. on 00:22 - Apr 23 with 2804 viewsEilian

Doesn't anyone think we need to strengthen the right wing then? Our only real options currently are Dyer and JDG!
Our weakest links? regarding summer purchases. on 06:43 - Apr 23 with 2722 viewsDr_Winston

Our weakest links? regarding summer purchases. on 00:22 - Apr 23 by Eilian

Doesn't anyone think we need to strengthen the right wing then? Our only real options currently are Dyer and JDG!

Plus Routledge if we sign a proper left winger.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Our weakest links? regarding summer purchases. on 08:41 - Apr 23 with 2573 viewsRancid

A new manager unless Monk really gets us going in our next 3 games.I'm inclined to think we should be looking to replace him anyway though and use him as a number 2.

A proper and decent striker and not a stop gap like N'Gog.With the Africa cup of Nations coming up we need a real striker which is why we should go in for Borini because even if Bony is playing we could still play Fabio and he'd still be happy and not on the bench.And when Bony is away Borini plays up top.

A RB is a must if we're not gong to play Taylor there.I'd get rid of Flores and keep Amat and Bartley battle it out as Ash's partner.I'd stick with Vorm as form is temporary and class permanent.

As for a number 10 and if Michu is shot then Steven Fletcher would fit the bill perfectly or as been touted Nick Powell, both are big lads and Wilf could benefit from flick on's from either and they're both goalscorers in their own right.

I agree with Itchy and don't think we've become a bad team, just lost our direction a bit and that's where a new and strong manager would benefit us.
Our weakest links? regarding summer purchases. on 08:49 - Apr 23 with 2559 viewsbuilthjack

Get Adam Johnson in. Give Sunderland Ki and £3m

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Our weakest links? regarding summer purchases. on 09:06 - Apr 23 with 2519 viewsJackSomething

Our weakest links? regarding summer purchases. on 21:26 - Apr 22 by Uxbridge

I couldn't really read a summary where the first weakness was our LBs.

Agreed. While Ben hasn't impressed as much as last season, his demise has been greatly exaggerated by some. Still one of the best young left-backs in the division.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Our weakest links? regarding summer purchases. on 09:58 - Apr 23 with 2438 viewsperchrockjack

What it is fair to say ,IMO is that BEN should have come on this year after his first season as he was showing signs of huge talent. He s regressed and not been as we might have expected him to be. NOW THIS aint slagging off. Its how some see it.

A new manager, a better coach will WILL develop him as he should be as he has a lot of potential and can be a massive player.

Wasnt too bad now was it.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Our weakest links? regarding summer purchases. on 11:09 - Apr 23 with 2374 viewsJackSomething

Our weakest links? regarding summer purchases. on 09:58 - Apr 23 by perchrockjack

What it is fair to say ,IMO is that BEN should have come on this year after his first season as he was showing signs of huge talent. He s regressed and not been as we might have expected him to be. NOW THIS aint slagging off. Its how some see it.

A new manager, a better coach will WILL develop him as he should be as he has a lot of potential and can be a massive player.

Wasnt too bad now was it.

Some see it as regressing, others see it as inconsistent, possibly due to playing too many games. I think he's shown flashes of last season's form, especially early on, but has faded.

I'm not sure why Monk or Laudrup didn't rotate him with Taylor more often to keep him fresh, but then I'm not a manager.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Our weakest links? regarding summer purchases. on 11:42 - Apr 23 with 2315 viewsperchrockjack

very very comment JS. Taylor seems t be rather unwanted and not sure why Although his feck up in the cup at Goodison was a bad one it was no worse than what our other defenders have done.

I do believe Ben Davies will go on to be a truly epic player but IMO he s not been coached in the best way but Im hopeful the new manager will address that issue.
One thing of which I am certain is that it has not gone to his head. He seems level headed and amazingly modest for a Pl footballer.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024