Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our weakest links? regarding summer purchases. 18:22 - Apr 22 with 4351 viewsDanielswan

Not in any particular order.

1. Ben Davies, has in my oppinion stopped performing. Maybe the success rose to his head and he forgot to work even harder at the training field.

2. Vorm. Can we blame the goals scored on him or should we do it on the defense? Lets face it, he has been no Marshall.

http://www.whoscored.com/Regions/252/Tournaments/2/Seasons/3853/Stages/7794/Team

Defense:

Shots conceded per game .... we are 7th in the premier league, this tells me our defensive guys have been doing their job to a good standard. Our keeper just isnt saving much.

Midfield:

Tackles per game goes for both defense and midfield and we are 17 th, but since the opponent does not have that many shots on us, it must mean that we have too many people in the midfield who fail to put their takcles in. If challenging headers are included in this statistic we should be loosing anyway ... so thats probably why we are 17th, we have small guys with short legs :).

Attack:

Michu can do it, but has been out for most of the season and wont come back now, cant judge him on this years performances. Bony has been a beast and I am afraid he will be gone by summer.

Players who I fill dont fit in:

Vasques
Ngog

Players we can gamble on, hit and miss performances;

Pozuelo
Hernandez, exceptional on some days, totally appalling on others.
Lamah, incredible speed but not the best thinker on a pitch, and thats to put it mildly.

Players I feel have been harshly dealt with by the fans:

Canas: Played mostly good games under Laudrup but has fallen under Monk, wish there was a way to get his wild spirit back. I have a feeling he would an excellent replacement for Britton given time.

Players we should keep:

Anyone I havnt mentioned, although I dont now much about our young reserves.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2014 18:24]

Half portuguese and half danish, mixing Sagres and Carlsberg is my birthright.
Poll: Style of play.

Our weakest links? regarding summer purchases. on 11:51 - Apr 23 with 803 viewsUxbridge

Our weakest links? regarding summer purchases. on 09:06 - Apr 23 by JackSomething

Agreed. While Ben hasn't impressed as much as last season, his demise has been greatly exaggerated by some. Still one of the best young left-backs in the division.

Agreed. Would also extend to his backup who is also more than good enough. We don't need another LB. RB is another story entirely.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Our weakest links? regarding summer purchases. on 11:55 - Apr 23 with 801 viewsihatechopra

This would be in an ideal world ! (for me)

Out:
Tremmel £0
Tiendalli £0
Chico £2-3M
Canas - £2-4M
Pozuelo - £1-2.5M
Lamah £not ours
Hernandez £3-5M
Vasquez - Not ours thank god !
Ngog
Lita
Emnes

Top end £14.5M

In:
Marshall £5-7M
Caulker £6-9M
Bardsley£3-4M
Ki -Ours
Snodgrass £3-4M
Adam Johnson £5M
Borini £5-7M
Welbeck/Javier Hernandez £10m

Top end total: £46M

Net: £31.5M

....Cue the abuse lol

Poll: Would you be happy if Garry monk is our next permanent manager ?

Our weakest links? regarding summer purchases. on 12:52 - Apr 23 with 757 viewsTom1912

I honestly don't think the squad needs much work.

N'Gog, Lamah and Vasquez can go. I wouldn't mind keeping Emnes around as an option from the bench. If you're chasing a goal, he can make things happen in the opposition's third. Newcastle being a good example-sent Bony through and won a penalty in a short amount of time.

We also need to sign De Guzman and I'd try to cash in on Ki. I think he flatters to deceive, and looking good in a rubbish Sunderland side isn't enough to convince me otherwise.

The main starting eleven places that need strengthening are goalkeeper and right back-both Vorm and Rangel appear to be going downhill quickly. I know Chico has his moments, but I think Amat is our future at centre back and don't see the need to spend big on a new one.

Other than that, it's a backup option for Bony.

That would leave us with:

New keeper/Vorm

New Right Back/Davies/Taylor/Rangel
Chico/Williams/Amat/Bartley

De Guzman/Canas/Britton/Shelvey/Michu
Hernandez/Dyer/Routledge/Emnes

Bony/Another Striker

And then Pozuelo and Tiendalli would take us up to a squad of 23.

So sign a right back/goalkeeper/JDG/second choice striker. £20m should do it, plenty let for contract negotiations + stadium expansion.

That's assuming no exits of course, which could easily make it a busier summer.
Our weakest links? regarding summer purchases. on 13:04 - Apr 23 with 745 viewsClinton

Our weakest links? regarding summer purchases. on 11:55 - Apr 23 by ihatechopra

This would be in an ideal world ! (for me)

Out:
Tremmel £0
Tiendalli £0
Chico £2-3M
Canas - £2-4M
Pozuelo - £1-2.5M
Lamah £not ours
Hernandez £3-5M
Vasquez - Not ours thank god !
Ngog
Lita
Emnes

Top end £14.5M

In:
Marshall £5-7M
Caulker £6-9M
Bardsley£3-4M
Ki -Ours
Snodgrass £3-4M
Adam Johnson £5M
Borini £5-7M
Welbeck/Javier Hernandez £10m

Top end total: £46M

Net: £31.5M

....Cue the abuse lol

Bardsley !!!!!!!!!
Run ragged at the Liberty this season, absolutely didnt know what day it was at the end.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Our weakest links? regarding summer purchases. on 13:07 - Apr 23 with 744 viewsBackHeel

Ben Davies is a kid, in all honesty he probably needs a decent break, but Taylor has looked a bit shaky when providing cover
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024