Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leighton James 18:35 - Apr 22 with 5954 viewswaynekerr55

Just saw this over the other side

http://www.ccmb.co.uk/fudforum/index.php?t=msg&th=388129&start=0&rid=11246

Get well soon YJB

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Leighton James on 16:34 - Apr 23 with 798 viewsjohnlangy

Some very decent posts there. Almost all in fact.

Well done to you all and best of luck L J.
Leighton James on 20:48 - Apr 23 with 734 viewsJulian

A cantankerous old git but never afraid to speak his mind, which I admire. A true Jack and I hope he has a full and speedy recovery. Best wishes from a Cardiff fan.
Leighton James on 16:50 - Apr 25 with 607 viewstrampie

Get well soon Leighton.

A fantastic player, my favourite player actually a Swans legend helped us get to the top division, scored against Preston if i remember right, he scored 1 goal every 3 games from the wing for us, Derby paid their then record transfer fee for him before we had him and they had just won a couple of Premier League titles [Div 1 as it was called then], i remember him scoring a couple for Wales against one of the best ever teams in Czechoslovakia , they had won the 76 Euro's and had Panenka, Nehoda and Masny, if i remember right they had not lost for years [3 years ?] until they ran into Leighton.
I just watched the highlights of Wales win at Wembley, James set up a Cardiff forward for two and the Cardiff player missed, he had a free kick that looked goal bound deflected away, he was then taken out by Shilton to prevent him from scoring, James took the resulting penalty which was struck perfectly with control and pace into the side netting with Shilton going the wrong way, it wouldn't have mattered if he had gone the right way nobody was saving that.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2014 23:12]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024