Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Staying up 01:18 - Apr 23 with 1796 viewsTNT

Did we all agree, when we entered the Premier League, that we'd take 40 points every time?

So, where would we expect to be with 3 games to go ?

on 36 points?

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Staying up on 01:28 - Apr 23 with 1770 viewsLiberty

And..........what is ur point ?

Poll: League 2 Mod , Darr, but we are now in Prem - time for a change ?

Staying up on 01:46 - Apr 23 with 1751 viewsdameedna

Staying up on 01:28 - Apr 23 by Liberty

EVERY team at the start of the season expects to have 40+ point with 3 games to go to the end

Most supporters go along with that belief, some don't, some expect top ten, I do, otherwise no point being there
Staying up on 02:06 - Apr 23 with 1726 viewsLiberty

Staying up on 01:46 - Apr 23 by dameedna

EVERY team at the start of the season expects to have 40+ point with 3 games to go to the end

Most supporters go along with that belief, some don't, some expect top ten, I do, otherwise no point being there

I never expected 40 points with 3 games to go, and still see a point in being here. Maybe in the minority though.

I have and still am , enjoying this season. Plenty of value for money.

Poll: League 2 Mod , Darr, but we are now in Prem - time for a change ?

Staying up on 15:09 - Apr 23 with 1398 viewsCatullus

I expected us to struggle for several years. We exceeded my expectations and (like with many others) that caused it's own problems, specially this season.
But you have to gauge our success, now and in the future by many things. As long as we are trying and that effort and commitment on the pitch is plain to see, I'm fairly happy.
I don't expect top ten, I'm still a BYHOFS at heart I guess!! But success to us.....or me anyway, is all relative. There are plenty of clubs (below us) who are bigger than us and it's always going to be a fight to stay ahead of them. Luckily many of them are badly run and in disarray.
That means one of our prime objectives has to be to grow the club.

With 3 games to go I would hope to at least have our destiny in our own hands, but hopefully in a better position than the bottom 3!!
Where we are right now is roughly around my expectation when we came up. Any year we exceed that is a successful year for me.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Staying up on 15:16 - Apr 23 with 1372 viewsMrSwerve

I don't really 'expect' a certain amount of points. Just support the team whether we are top 6 or bottom 3.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Staying up on 15:19 - Apr 23 with 1355 viewsraynor94

Staying up on 01:28 - Apr 23 by Liberty

I could ask you the same

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Staying up on 15:23 - Apr 23 with 1335 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

For a club of our size we continue to punch hugely above our weight .
It's quite incredible we are going to start our 4 th premier league season on the bounce.
Not getting relegated is our aim again next season.

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Staying up on 15:28 - Apr 23 with 1319 viewsDarran

Staying up on 15:23 - Apr 23 by oh_tommy_tommy

It's quite incredible we are going to start our 4 th premier league season on the bounce.

Aye but it won't be according to some.
In my honest opinion it's the biggest problem we're going to have for many years yet,that's f*cking idiots thinking we're something we aren't.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Login to get fewer ads

Staying up on 15:36 - Apr 23 with 1293 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Many genuinely thought we could challenge for European qualification via league positioning this season and that we are now of the same stature as Everton. I would like to read over all those posts again and make a note of who the posters were.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Staying up on 15:38 - Apr 23 with 1292 viewsItchySphincter

Yeah, still punching well above our weight. All I really want is to see a team doing their best, fighting for each other and the fans. Don't really care what league we're in tbh although I wouldn't trade success for failure given the choice. It feels like the club are attempting re-harness some of the togetherness and small club mentality which some hate but which has served us well over the years.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Staying up on 15:47 - Apr 23 with 1268 viewsGretsch

I dont remember signing up for that??

I think we will end with 42 though, two hom,e wins and a loss at Sunderland, saving Sunderland and a certain other team going down
Staying up on 15:49 - Apr 23 with 1266 viewsperchrockjack

the idiots are those still stuck in the small minded ways of the past when our club was a basket case.
ITS 2014 and we are where we are. Life moves on as do businesses. Accept inertia and youre dead.
I expect the very best possible.
The club is our soul.
It means a lot.
You want it to grow.
As fans we should too.
Second best no more.

We ve done great but I truly believe in 10 years our profile will be far far greater.I hope I live to see it all

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Staying up on 20:20 - Apr 23 with 1069 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Staying up on 15:28 - Apr 23 by Darran

In my honest opinion it's the biggest problem we're going to have for many years yet,that's f*cking idiots thinking we're something we aren't.

Indeed .

That's what breeds success the masses now demand more & more.
as mentioned in another thread by ice cold jack ,our golden era of players have hit their prime & hopefully we can start replacing them sensibly .

Staying up on 20:30 - Apr 23 with 1024 viewsPacemaker

The majority of sensible fans think this way but the one odd statement was made by our chairman earlier this season who was quoted that he felt we should be beating the big clubs on a regular basis etc.

My first year feelings were I don't care I am just going to enjoy the experience, second season syndrome was beyond my wildest ever dreams, this year I was always confident we would stay up until WHU away when I thought we looked clueless, I was v concerned up until Arsenal away even though I thought we were still not playing anywhere near our potential.

Next year just stay up and try and grow a little bit more as a club start to become seen as an established club in the Premier League.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Staying up on 20:38 - Apr 23 with 991 viewsWhiterockin

Staying up on 15:28 - Apr 23 by Darran

Exactly. Some could learn from the Charlton/Curbishley scenario.
Staying up on 20:38 - Apr 23 with 991 views3swan

Staying up on 20:30 - Apr 23 by Pacemaker

The majority of sensible fans think this way but the one odd statement was made by our chairman earlier this season who was quoted that he felt we should be beating the big clubs on a regular basis etc.

My first year feelings were I don't care I am just going to enjoy the experience, second season syndrome was beyond my wildest ever dreams, this year I was always confident we would stay up until WHU away when I thought we looked clueless, I was v concerned up until Arsenal away even though I thought we were still not playing anywhere near our potential.

Next year just stay up and try and grow a little bit more as a club start to become seen as an established club in the Premier League.

We are still classed as a small club, so must continue to grow. A few mid table finishes with cup runs will do for me now. The future, who knows? but let's make sure we can walk before we run.
An important summer coming up imo
Staying up on 20:41 - Apr 23 with 975 viewsDarran

Staying up on 20:38 - Apr 23 by 3swan

We are still classed as a small club, so must continue to grow. A few mid table finishes with cup runs will do for me now. The future, who knows? but let's make sure we can walk before we run.
An important summer coming up imo

Also some people (especially ones that never/rarely go to games) have absolutely no idea of the League we currently play our football in.

Staying up on 20:46 - Apr 23 with 949 viewsAtleticoAbertawe

Exactly, it's all about perception. I, like most others at the time, would have taken three successive seasons staying up, even it meant relegation in the fourth.

"If you bring in £80, then don’t spend £100. That’s not hard, is it?" - Huw Jenkins 2013

Staying up on 20:51 - Apr 23 with 938 viewsDyfnant

The phrase 'established Premiership club' is probably the worst cliche in football

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Staying up on 20:53 - Apr 23 with 927 viewslifelong

Strange things can happen in football, for example who would have said at the beginning of this season that Liverpool would win the title. Yes we may be punching above our weight but even this season we could have done so much better than we have if everybody had been singing from the same hymn sheet and we hadn't been so unlucky with injuries.
Keep the majority of our players this summer, appoint the right manager and with a few quality additions to the squad we could have a very good season next year.
Staying up on 20:57 - Apr 23 with 906 viewsStarsky

Staying up on 20:53 - Apr 23 by lifelong

Strange things can happen in football, for example who would have said at the beginning of this season that Liverpool would win the title. Yes we may be punching above our weight but even this season we could have done so much better than we have if everybody had been singing from the same hymn sheet and we hadn't been so unlucky with injuries.
Keep the majority of our players this summer, appoint the right manager and with a few quality additions to the squad we could have a very good season next year.

This fish murderer speaks a lot of sense.

It's just the internet, init.

Staying up on 21:00 - Apr 23 with 889 viewsDarran

Staying up on 20:57 - Apr 23 by Starsky

This fish murderer speaks a lot of sense.

He does.

Staying up on 21:04 - Apr 23 with 863 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

I was watching premeir league years today on sky .
Incredible how the mighty have fallen.
Leeds united
Wolves
Sheffield Wednesday
Bolton
M/boro
Birmingham

These are huge clubs who at the moment are years behind us.
The longer we stay in the premier league the bigger we will get ....hopefully.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024