Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Snooker 14:16 - Apr 24 with 670 viewsjackportis

Is it a gift your born with or is it down to practice, practice and more practice.?

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

Snooker on 14:19 - Apr 24 with 663 viewsjackportis

I recon its practice. Just like darts.

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

Snooker on 14:21 - Apr 24 with 661 viewsNeath_Jack

What do you think is more difficult, a 147 or a 9 dart finish?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Snooker on 14:25 - Apr 24 with 655 viewsjackportis

Snooker on 14:21 - Apr 24 by Neath_Jack

9 dart finish easier.

Snooker on 14:33 - Apr 24 with 645 viewsDarran

Snooker on 14:21 - Apr 24 by Neath_Jack

That's a great question.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Snooker on 14:39 - Apr 24 with 639 viewsNogginthenog

I think you can be born with natural skills that lend themselves to being good at snooker. However, to be consistently good, it is all to do with hand eye coordination and things such as grip, bridging hand, stance and smooth delivery of the cue. This can only be honed with hours and hours of practice that is why the pros spend so much time on the practice table.

What sorts the men out from the boys at the end of the day is strength of character and the ability to perform in front of an audience and under pressure situations. My highest break is 67 and I have made many 50 plus breaks but I never got any better because I don't practice enough.

The most naturally gifted players I have seen are Ronnie O'Sullivan, closely followed by Jimmy White and Alex Higgins. The most effective and practiced are Hendry, Davis and Parrot.

It is a fantastic game but can be so exasperating to play. Darts is a mere bagatelle in comparison but I also enjoy darts.
Snooker on 14:41 - Apr 24 with 631 viewsNeath_Jack

Snooker on 14:33 - Apr 24 by Darran

That's a great question.

Thanks, I'm surprised nobody has posed the question to this board before now.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Snooker on 14:42 - Apr 24 with 627 viewsDarran

Snooker on 14:41 - Apr 24 by Neath_Jack

Thanks, I'm surprised nobody has posed the question to this board before now.

Indeed.

Snooker on 14:48 - Apr 24 with 620 viewsepaul

Snooker on 14:42 - Apr 24 by Darran

Indeed.

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Login to get fewer ads

Snooker on 14:49 - Apr 24 with 618 viewsepaul

"and for those of you who are watching in black and white, the pink is next to the green.

The wonderful "whispering" Ted Lowe

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Snooker on 14:51 - Apr 24 with 616 viewsNogginthenog

Snooker on 14:49 - Apr 24 by epaul

"and for those of you who are watching in black and white, the pink is next to the green.

The wonderful "whispering" Ted Lowe

http://www.sosmath.com/diffeq/first/orthogonal/orthogonal.html

Therefore both are equally as difficult
[Post edited 24 Apr 2014 14:54]
Snooker on 15:05 - Apr 24 with 602 viewsjackportis

I have had 147 on one of those mini tables but did do some push shots. My highest break is 22 on a big table. The colours were favourably hanging in the pockets.

Snooker on 15:06 - Apr 24 with 597 viewsDarran

Snooker on 15:05 - Apr 24 by jackportis

I have had 147 on one of those mini tables but did do some push shots. My highest break is 22 on a big table. The colours were favourably hanging in the pockets.

You're crap then.

Snooker on 15:10 - Apr 24 with 593 viewsjackportis

Snooker on 15:06 - Apr 24 by Darran

You're crap then.

Yes shite at snooker. But if I practiced 8 hours a day im sure by xmas id give osullian a good game. Id try and snooker him then do a ray readon impression like john virgo used to. Drink several pints like big bill werbenik for confidence.

Snooker on 20:14 - Apr 24 with 518 viewsCatullus

Snooker on 14:51 - Apr 24 by Nogginthenog

http://www.sosmath.com/diffeq/first/orthogonal/orthogonal.html

Therefore both are equally as difficult
[Post edited 24 Apr 2014 14:54]

I used to play both, snooker I made it to a first division Swansea league team and I played super league darts. I never got anywhere near a 147 and my best darts was a 12 dart out.
I was better at snooker but only ever managed a 49 break competitively. The 147 is harder.
At the top levels, 9 darters are much more common than a 147. To start with, in darts you don't have someone tucking you up.
And darts is easier to take back up after a long break, well it was for me. Snooker needs patience and concentration.

Just my opinion!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Snooker on 21:01 - Apr 24 with 491 viewsApeShit

Snooker on 20:14 - Apr 24 by Catullus

I used to play both, snooker I made it to a first division Swansea league team and I played super league darts. I never got anywhere near a 147 and my best darts was a 12 dart out.
I was better at snooker but only ever managed a 49 break competitively. The 147 is harder.
At the top levels, 9 darters are much more common than a 147. To start with, in darts you don't have someone tucking you up.
And darts is easier to take back up after a long break, well it was for me. Snooker needs patience and concentration.

Just my opinion!

You were clearly better at darts then.

To answer the OP, its a combination of both. Silly question really.
Snooker on 21:07 - Apr 24 with 485 viewsThursday

If you're born with the gift of snooker, you know they were close to running out of gifts.
Snooker on 22:21 - Apr 24 with 460 viewsCatullus

Snooker on 21:01 - Apr 24 by ApeShit

You were clearly better at darts then.

To answer the OP, its a combination of both. Silly question really.

Actually I was better at Football!! Terry Medwin wanted to recommend me to Spurs, til he found out I was 29!!!!

And I was better at Snooker, if I was sober, could only play darts p$ss£d. I played a lot of darts

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Snooker on 01:50 - Apr 25 with 425 viewsscottishjack

Snooker on 14:19 - Apr 24 by jackportis

I recon its practice. Just like darts.

That's absolute nonsense! I play darts regularly and practice a fair bit and I'm still f**king rubbish at it!
Snooker on 03:50 - Apr 25 with 416 viewsCatullus

Snooker on 01:50 - Apr 25 by scottishjack

That's absolute nonsense! I play darts regularly and practice a fair bit and I'm still f**king rubbish at it!

You have to have a natural flair for anything. Practice will improve you, but only so much. Thing is, to really improve you have to be challenged. Practicing alone will have limited results. In my experience anyway.
And to really improve you have to concentrate on one sport /pastime.
I used to do 4 different sports / pastimes and I was above average at all but I never excelled.
Should've concentrated on football really!!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024