Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I have one respectful question for the Swansea players 19:47 - Apr 24 with 2405 viewsDavillin

I have one respectful question for the Swansea players.

Do you want to assure yourself of being a Premier League player next season?

Then give everything you have to win on Saturday and the other two remaining games. No time for slacking off or taking anything for granted.

Thanks!

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

I have one respectful question for the Swansea players on 20:21 - Apr 24 with 2033 viewsCatullus

I think we're already safe Dav. I don't see Cardiff or Fulham getting 7 points. And when Sunderland beat Cardiff it's over for them we like to call scum.

I think Sunderland might escape now and Norwich will drop.

But yes, a win would be nice to take away any lingering doubts.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

I have one respectful question for the Swansea players on 20:31 - Apr 24 with 1976 viewsItchySphincter

How about this hypothetical scenario? What if we had a element, say foreign mercenaries for example, who were unhappy and could walk away from their contracts in the event of relegation - would you play them?

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

I have one respectful question for the Swansea players on 20:38 - Apr 24 with 1936 viewsDavillin

I have one respectful question for the Swansea players on 20:21 - Apr 24 by Catullus

I think we're already safe Dav. I don't see Cardiff or Fulham getting 7 points. And when Sunderland beat Cardiff it's over for them we like to call scum.

I think Sunderland might escape now and Norwich will drop.

But yes, a win would be nice to take away any lingering doubts.

I always value your observations most highly,but on the subject of whether we are safe, or can feel safe, I cannot.

We need either 6 more points from 9, or 3 more points plus one of two teams dropping 3 or 2 points, for us to be mathematically safe. Is that possible? It is.. But is it certain enough in this crazy league and crazier run-in to rest easy? Not for me.

Of our three remaining opponents, we have won 1, drawn 1, and lost 1.

Do you know how many of all of our opponents we have that we lost to or drew with in the first game and then we defeated in the second? Two.

Do you know how many of the teams we defeated in the first game, then defeated in the second? Two.

Those facts do not fill me with confidence.

Do I hope that we make it? A resounding YES. Do I think that it is possible? Yes. Saturday will sound a clarion call for us. One way or another.

I have one respectful question for the Swansea players on 20:38 - Apr 24 with 1932 viewsCatullus

I have one respectful question for the Swansea players on 20:31 - Apr 24 by ItchySphincter

How about this hypothetical scenario? What if we had a element, say foreign mercenaries for example, who were unhappy and could walk away from their contracts in the event of relegation - would you play them?

If it was well known they wanted out, then no. But they'd all be sold/leave in the summer either way.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

I have one respectful question for the Swansea players on 20:55 - Apr 24 with 1855 viewsswancity

I have one respectful question for the Swansea players on 20:38 - Apr 24 by Davillin

I always value your observations most highly,but on the subject of whether we are safe, or can feel safe, I cannot.

We need either 6 more points from 9, or 3 more points plus one of two teams dropping 3 or 2 points, for us to be mathematically safe. Is that possible? It is.. But is it certain enough in this crazy league and crazier run-in to rest easy? Not for me.

Do you know how many of all of our opponents we have that we lost to or drew with in the first game and then we defeated in the second? Two.

Do you know how many of the teams we defeated in the first game, then defeated in the second? Two.

Do I hope that we make it? A resounding YES. Do I think that it is possible? Yes. Saturday will sound a clarion call for us. One way or another.

You seem to enjoy over complicating this unnecessarily

It's not an exact science. You can dissect it all until the cows come home, You probably will. It will make no difference. The permutations are endless. I think we will win 9-8 at Sunderland to send Cardiff down. It's type you took up knitting again.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

I have one respectful question for the Swansea players on 21:55 - Apr 24 with 1676 viewsJBT95

We will be safe Saturday night if we win, Man United win and Hull get something.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2014 21:56]
I have one respectful question for the Swansea players on 22:02 - Apr 24 with 1641 viewsdcd14

We are safe already.
I have one respectful question for the Swansea players on 22:29 - Apr 24 with 1543 viewsCatullus

I have one respectful question for the Swansea players on 20:38 - Apr 24 by Davillin

Ah see, you Americans and your stats!!

Mathematical safety may be a way off but, including our goal difference being worth a point, we are safe now. I think!!

If we win Saturday and Sunderland draw with Cardiff, we are there.

Login to get fewer ads

I have one respectful question for the Swansea players on 22:33 - Apr 24 with 1524 viewsLeonisGod

I have one respectful question for the Swansea players on 22:02 - Apr 24 by dcd14

We are safe already.

Oh no we're not.
I have one respectful question for the Swansea players on 23:27 - Apr 24 with 1436 viewsCatullus

I have one respectful question for the Swansea players on 22:33 - Apr 24 by LeonisGod

Oh no we're not.

But it is very unlikely we will drop out now! Dav is right about the maths, of course.

I have one respectful question for the Swansea players on 00:56 - Apr 25 with 1329 viewsStarsky

I have one respectful question for the Swansea players on 23:27 - Apr 24 by Catullus

But it is very unlikely we will drop out now! Dav is right about the maths, of course.

Math!

It's just the internet, init.

I have one respectful question for the Swansea players on 04:03 - Apr 25 with 1280 viewsCatullus

I have one respectful question for the Swansea players on 00:56 - Apr 25 by Starsky

Math!

Oh behave. Mathematics then, if you want to be pedantic! Otherwise, get back in your hutch.

I have one respectful question for the Swansea players on 14:20 - Apr 25 with 1064 viewsDavillin

I have one respectful question for the Swansea players on 00:56 - Apr 25 by Starsky

Math!

Catullus, being British, abbreviates it correctly as "maths."

Americans and other grammatical apostates use "math."

I have one respectful question for the Swansea players on 14:27 - Apr 25 with 1050 viewsUxbridge

Math!

Wrong. On every level.

The maths pretty much back up the argument that we're already safe. Really can't see 2 of the bottom 4 overtaking our position, especially when GD is factored in.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

I have one respectful question for the Swansea players on 14:41 - Apr 25 with 1025 viewsDavillin

I have one respectful question for the Swansea players on 14:27 - Apr 25 by Uxbridge

Wrong. On every level.

The maths pretty much back up the argument that we're already safe. Really can't see 2 of the bottom 4 overtaking our position, especially when GD is factored in.

Most respectfully, because you "really can't see" something happening does not mean that the stats are wrong.

You have to remember that the "Mathematical Safety" calculations are not to be seen in any remote way as "a prediction."

The absolutely worst case scenario is if the Swans lose all three games and the others on the chart get enough points from their remaining games, we're down.

I really can't see that happening, either, but the truth of the stats resists that hope/wish, too.

I have one respectful question for the Swansea players on 14:42 - Apr 25 with 1019 viewsDarran

I have one respectful question for the Swansea players on 14:27 - Apr 25 by Uxbridge

Wrong. On every level.

The maths don't back it up but we are safe.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

I have one respectful question for the Swansea players on 14:44 - Apr 25 with 1014 viewsDavillin

I have one respectful question for the Swansea players on 14:42 - Apr 25 by Darran

The maths don't back it up but we are safe.

If "hope/wishes" were camels, Arabs would ride.

See my reply to Uxbridge, above.

I have one respectful question for the Swansea players on 14:47 - Apr 25 with 1008 viewsDarran

I have one respectful question for the Swansea players on 14:44 - Apr 25 by Davillin

If "hope/wishes" were camels, Arabs would ride.

See my reply to Uxbridge, above.

Ignore him Tone he's always picking on me too.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

I have one respectful question for the Swansea players on 16:26 - Apr 25 with 940 viewsperchrockjack

I have one respectful question for the Swansea players on 14:47 - Apr 25 by Darran

Do you have sums in penn tone

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

I have one respectful question for the Swansea players on 17:01 - Apr 25 with 915 viewsDavillin

I have one respectful question for the Swansea players on 16:26 - Apr 25 by perchrockjack

Do you have sums in penn tone

Sorry for not understanding. "Sums"? Is my next sentence what you mean?

When I was very young we used "sums" to indicate arithmetic, as in "doing my sums." My father and his generation used it regularly. It's gone out of use now, as I haven't heard it used in a very long time.

I have one respectful question for the Swansea players on 17:10 - Apr 25 with 891 viewsUxbridge

I have one respectful question for the Swansea players on 14:41 - Apr 25 by Davillin

Most respectfully, because you "really can't see" something happening does not mean that the stats are wrong.

You have to remember that the "Mathematical Safety" calculations are not to be seen in any remote way as "a prediction."

The absolutely worst case scenario is if the Swans lose all three games and the others on the chart get enough points from their remaining games, we're down.

I really can't see that happening, either, but the truth of the stats resists that hope/wish, too.

I'm not disagreeing Dav, in fact I agree. We're not mathematically safe. However the 18 year old Stats student in me thinks the risk of relegation isn't statistically significant.

What I think we can both agree with is that the spelling was appalling

I have one respectful question for the Swansea players on 17:11 - Apr 25 with 888 viewsUxbridge

I have one respectful question for the Swansea players on 14:47 - Apr 25 by Darran

I merely point out when you are wrong. It's not my fault that is an awful lot.

I have one respectful question for the Swansea players on 23:02 - Apr 25 with 754 viewsDavillin

As a matter of fact, Darran, Uxbridge is one poster who has my respect at all times. In fact, he's one of the group that I listen to most especially when we disagree. [There are quite a few others whom I will not name for fear of leaving someone out.]

I have one respectful question for the Swansea players on 08:16 - Apr 26 with 699 viewsUxbridge

I have one respectful question for the Swansea players on 23:02 - Apr 25 by Davillin

As a matter of fact, Darran, Uxbridge is one poster who has my respect at all times. In fact, he's one of the group that I listen to most especially when we disagree. [There are quite a few others whom I will not name for fear of leaving someone out.]

Always liked you Dav!

I have one respectful question for the Swansea players on 17:52 - Apr 26 with 545 viewsdcd14

I have one respectful question for the Swansea players on 22:33 - Apr 24 by LeonisGod

Oh no we're not.

We were and are safe.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024