Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cost of relegation 00:10 - Apr 25 with 993 viewsLiberty

Only 5 teams out of 27 relegated in last 9 years have come straight back up.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2612515/Newcastle-lost-35m-Lee
[Post edited 25 Apr 2014 0:11]

Poll: League 2 Mod , Darr, but we are now in Prem - time for a change ?

Cost of relegation on 01:37 - Apr 25 with 936 viewsLiberty

Be it Sunderland, Fulham, Cardiff, Norwich or West Brom.

Chances are once down, they will stay down for a while.....possibly ever.

Hope its Cardiff, bless em.

Cost of relegation on 01:39 - Apr 25 with 934 viewsscottishjack

Aside from the money side of things, it just goes to show how competitive the Championship is...and on that note, what an incredible job Brendan did while he was here, and this season Burnley!
Cost of relegation on 01:53 - Apr 25 with 926 viewsLiberty

Cost of relegation on 01:39 - Apr 25 by scottishjack

Aside from the money side of things, it just goes to show how competitive the Championship is...and on that note, what an incredible job Brendan did while he was here, and this season Burnley!

I said a few weeks ago Brendan was our best manager in last 40 years.

Getting a team from Championship to Premiership is special, especially if their first time in Prem.

When relegated from Prem , only 1 in 5 get promoted back following season, many go into freefall.

Cost of relegation on 02:03 - Apr 25 with 914 viewsscottishjack

Cost of relegation on 01:53 - Apr 25 by Liberty

I said a few weeks ago Brendan was our best manager in last 40 years.

Getting a team from Championship to Premiership is special, especially if their first time in Prem.

When relegated from Prem , only 1 in 5 get promoted back following season, many go into freefall.

Looking at the list in that article, quite a few get back up in the end. I see your point, but the clubs that went into freefall all seem to have been quite poorly run in the first place.
Cost of relegation on 03:59 - Apr 25 with 880 viewsCatullus

Cost of relegation on 02:03 - Apr 25 by scottishjack

Looking at the list in that article, quite a few get back up in the end. I see your point, but the clubs that went into freefall all seem to have been quite poorly run in the first place.

Did they all have the same thing in common, spending more than they could afford chasing the dream?
It's a trap we've avoided so far.

That is Cardiffs concern, if they go down (and it looks likely) what will Tan do and how will they manage an even larger debt with a much reduced income?
They somehow keep dodging that bullet, but surely it can't keep happening?
Wba were well run and they made it back up. Poor stewardship will cost dearly eventually. Portsmouth, Bradford, Leeds and several others have really struggled.
Leeds less than others but they still have money worries and could hit the wall soon, administration and a points deduction are still possible for them.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Cost of relegation on 07:06 - Apr 25 with 812 viewsorion3016

A good article and a reality check
Hopefully it won't happen to us but you just know we'd go back to 13-15000 crowds very quickly

Be over there now after

Cost of relegation on 07:54 - Apr 25 with 744 viewsCatullus

Cost of relegation on 07:06 - Apr 25 by orion3016

A good article and a reality check
Hopefully it won't happen to us but you just know we'd go back to 13-15000 crowds very quickly

Crowds will drop if/when we get relegated. But I'm hopeful crowds will still be around 15-17000.
Maybe a price reduction would keep people coming?

But because of sensible management, the cost to us won't/wouldn't be as painful as it's been to others.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Cost of relegation on 08:22 - Apr 25 with 676 viewsRancid

QPR seem to be making a good go at it,as are Wigan and Reading,all last years relegated sides.Only one of them might go up but they haven't done a Wolves or a Pompey and are all in the play off positions.
Login to get fewer ads

Cost of relegation on 08:26 - Apr 25 with 663 viewsItchySphincter

Surprised it took Newcastle three seasons to bounce back, would have guessed they went straight back up.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Cost of relegation on 08:52 - Apr 25 with 624 viewsPrivate_Partz

Rodgers already had a team knocking on the door for promotion. He only had to up the performance slightly. Does not make him the best in my book. It is Toshack for me. He did it from top to bottom and showed a darn sight more loyalty even though he had ambitions for greater things.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Cost of relegation on 08:53 - Apr 25 with 623 viewsTom1912

Cost of relegation on 08:26 - Apr 25 by ItchySphincter

Surprised it took Newcastle three seasons to bounce back, would have guessed they went straight back up.

They did go straight back, the article is wrong
[Post edited 25 Apr 2014 19:19]
Cost of relegation on 12:02 - Apr 25 with 512 viewsDyfnant

Cost of relegation on 08:22 - Apr 25 by Rancid

QPR seem to be making a good go at it,as are Wigan and Reading,all last years relegated sides.Only one of them might go up but they haven't done a Wolves or a Pompey and are all in the play off positions.

Pretty sure I've read QPR are in line to lose around £40M this season, which will mean a £40M penalty to be paid to the other Championship clubs if they go up

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024