Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One for the cyclists here... 12:25 - Apr 28 with 102819 viewsllangyfelach

For varying reasons I'm not confident enough to get out and about on my bike, so for the next couple of months I'll be using my indoor Turbo Trainer. I'm mindful that at the moment I'll be training based on time rather than distance, so want to get myself a decent milometer. Any recommendations?

Ta in advance

Poll: Sugar on Weetabix?

One for the cyclists here... on 21:55 - Jun 17 with 2607 viewsmax936

One for the cyclists here... on 21:35 - Jun 17 by Pacemaker

Great ride tonight Max really enjoyed cant believe I havent been up there before. I need to slow down a bit on the downhill tho its a little bit bumpy

I relived one turn I nearly missed when I got home, it was far to close I was up on the grass,

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

One for the cyclists here... on 21:56 - Jun 17 with 2603 viewsJackfath

One for the cyclists here... on 21:55 - Jun 17 by max936

I relived one turn I nearly missed when I got home, it was far to close I was up on the grass,

Did you beat him on the hills going up Max?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

One for the cyclists here... on 22:02 - Jun 17 with 2600 viewsmax936

One for the cyclists here... on 21:56 - Jun 17 by Jackfath

Nope, nor coming down.

One for the cyclists here... on 22:03 - Jun 17 with 2599 viewsmax936

One for the cyclists here... on 21:56 - Jun 17 by Jackfath

He don't play fair mun, everytime I pushed up he pushed on further

I've got to admit that I've got a touch of the jelly legs at this moment in time, hope it goes by morning.
[Post edited 17 Jun 2014 22:04]

One for the cyclists here... on 22:07 - Jun 17 with 2593 viewsPacemaker

One for the cyclists here... on 22:03 - Jun 17 by max936

He don't play fair mun, everytime I pushed up he pushed on further

I've got to admit that I've got a touch of the jelly legs at this moment in time, hope it goes by morning.
[Post edited 17 Jun 2014 22:04]

Pain is only weakness leaving the body Max.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

One for the cyclists here... on 22:32 - Jun 17 with 2595 viewsmax936

One for the cyclists here... on 22:07 - Jun 17 by Pacemaker

Pain is only weakness leaving the body Max.

I haven't got pain, its just that everytime I get up my legs won't work

One for the cyclists here... on 21:30 - Jun 19 with 2543 viewsjackforever

Shameless plug time for gower riders cycling club. They do a great job at coaching kids on a saturday morning in penyrheol comp Gorseinon. Chance for jynior to learn skills and develop fitness as well as a lot of fun. Only a quid a session starts at 10am. Club also looking for adult members and hold the odd race including a brilliant cycle cross event in the autumn. Family rides every Wednesday night and turbo sessions. Anybody want more info pm me.
One for the cyclists here... on 22:30 - Jun 19 with 2535 views1jack

First the good news, rode further than ever tonight and could have gone further but wanted to get home for the football. So feeling good about that.
Now the sad news. On my ride I passed several cyclists, some joggers, a few dog walkers and just walkers. Now I am not a lover of dogs and the fact their owners leave poo everywhere quite annoys me, but everyone of them tonight was polite and friendly, couldn't fault one of them. The joggers, although looking a bit puffed all managed at least a nod or an "alright". The walkers all said hello or alright. Then came the cyclists, I passed about 9 of them, only 1 said evening, the other sad bar stewards in their tour de tvvat gear couldn't even raise a smile. I ended up calling one a nob head, three of them pr1cks and the last one a c u n t.
Now I know I have a cheap mtb, I wear an orange scfc away top but I do have proper padded cycling trousers. The thing is I am recovering from a heart attack and am exercising as recommended by my doctor, and tonight my legs hurt, my lungs were busting and my arse is effing killing me, but I have absolutely no pain in my chest and that feels bloody great.
So please if you see one of these day glo tvvats and they can't be bothered to speak to the lower orders, do what I am going to do from now on and laugh out loud. As Darren would say, f*ck 'em.
Cheers all.
Login to get fewer ads

One for the cyclists here... on 22:48 - Jun 19 with 2522 viewsPacemaker

One for the cyclists here... on 22:30 - Jun 19 by 1jack

First the good news, rode further than ever tonight and could have gone further but wanted to get home for the football. So feeling good about that.
Now the sad news. On my ride I passed several cyclists, some joggers, a few dog walkers and just walkers. Now I am not a lover of dogs and the fact their owners leave poo everywhere quite annoys me, but everyone of them tonight was polite and friendly, couldn't fault one of them. The joggers, although looking a bit puffed all managed at least a nod or an "alright". The walkers all said hello or alright. Then came the cyclists, I passed about 9 of them, only 1 said evening, the other sad bar stewards in their tour de tvvat gear couldn't even raise a smile. I ended up calling one a nob head, three of them pr1cks and the last one a c u n t.
Now I know I have a cheap mtb, I wear an orange scfc away top but I do have proper padded cycling trousers. The thing is I am recovering from a heart attack and am exercising as recommended by my doctor, and tonight my legs hurt, my lungs were busting and my arse is effing killing me, but I have absolutely no pain in my chest and that feels bloody great.
So please if you see one of these day glo tvvats and they can't be bothered to speak to the lower orders, do what I am going to do from now on and laugh out loud. As Darren would say, f*ck 'em.
Cheers all.

Amazed by that as I very rarely fail to get a wave or nod at the very least from cyclists no matter what I wear. Find most are very chatty in fact a bit nosey I think you just came across a few snotty feckers.

One for the cyclists here... on 23:03 - Jun 19 with 2514 viewsmax936

One for the cyclists here... on 22:48 - Jun 19 by Pacemaker

Amazed by that as I very rarely fail to get a wave or nod at the very least from cyclists no matter what I wear. Find most are very chatty in fact a bit nosey I think you just came across a few snotty feckers.

We on for Saturday musha?, some routes are closed up on the Afan for some Endura downhiller, the Wall, Blade and some others, won't affect our route though I don't think.

One for the cyclists here... on 23:14 - Jun 19 with 2505 viewsPacemaker

One for the cyclists here... on 23:03 - Jun 19 by max936

We on for Saturday musha?, some routes are closed up on the Afan for some Endura downhiller, the Wall, Blade and some others, won't affect our route though I don't think.

I am looking a bit tight at the moment as she who must be obeyed has got a bloke coming around to do some jobs Sat morning and I have to be there apparently.

Will know for def tmrw night, my legs were a bit tight today the only thing different I did from normal was that ride up the foel!

One for the cyclists here... on 23:36 - Jun 19 with 2499 viewsmax936

One for the cyclists here... on 23:14 - Jun 19 by Pacemaker

I am looking a bit tight at the moment as she who must be obeyed has got a bloke coming around to do some jobs Sat morning and I have to be there apparently.

Will know for def tmrw night, my legs were a bit tight today the only thing different I did from normal was that ride up the foel!

Yeah me the same to be honest, haven't done a tap since Tuesday apart from a few routine exercises.

Im out Fishing Sunday so I'll go out Saturday at some point, before my pilgrimage to the Queens

One for the cyclists here... on 09:48 - Jun 20 with 2467 views1jack

Perhaps they were scum fans, didn't like my top.
One for the cyclists here... on 17:59 - Jun 20 with 2441 viewsJackfath

Who's doing the BHF Gower bike ride on Sunday?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

One for the cyclists here... on 18:05 - Jun 20 with 2429 viewspansypants

Good luck to all and here's a tuuuuunnnneee!!!!

Poll: Sick of the media love in with Brazil?

One for the cyclists here... on 18:06 - Jun 20 with 2427 viewsJackfath

One for the cyclists here... on 18:05 - Jun 20 by pansypants

Good luck to all and here's a tuuuuunnnneee!!!!

Nice one. I'll download that and put it on loop.

One for the cyclists here... on 18:13 - Jun 20 with 2422 viewsPacemaker

One for the cyclists here... on 17:59 - Jun 20 by Jackfath

Who's doing the BHF Gower bike ride on Sunday?

I will be doing it with my depressed English friend and two or three others having a nice leisurely ride, taking in the wonderful Gower scenery. Looks like the weather is going to be kind to everybody.

I hope that everyone here is going to make a donation to the BHF on behalf of Dr Jackfath who has put a lot of time and effort to get through this event. 28 miles around the city is no mean feat and I have already put my £10 where I said I would

Thank you for your donation. You will receive an email confirmation shortly.

Your donation details

Your donation amount: £20.00

https://www.bhf.org.uk/get-involved/donate.aspx?sc_id=FrontNAV-Donate&utm_source

One for the cyclists here... on 18:14 - Jun 20 with 2419 viewsBaker

One for the cyclists here... on 23:14 - Jun 19 by Pacemaker

Maybe she wants you there to mop up any excess spunk off the wooden flooring?

He made one f*ck of a mess the last time he was there.

May I say? what a smashing blouse you have on!

One for the cyclists here... on 18:17 - Jun 20 with 2411 viewsJackfath

One for the cyclists here... on 18:13 - Jun 20 by Pacemaker

I will be doing it with my depressed English friend and two or three others having a nice leisurely ride, taking in the wonderful Gower scenery. Looks like the weather is going to be kind to everybody.

I hope that everyone here is going to make a donation to the BHF on behalf of Dr Jackfath who has put a lot of time and effort to get through this event. 28 miles around the city is no mean feat and I have already put my £10 where I said I would

Thank you for your donation. You will receive an email confirmation shortly.

Your donation details

Your donation amount: £20.00

https://www.bhf.org.uk/get-involved/donate.aspx?sc_id=FrontNAV-Donate&utm_source

Thanks for the boost. I couldn't have got where I am today with out your encouragement and support.

One for the cyclists here... on 18:29 - Jun 20 with 2401 viewsPacemaker

One for the cyclists here... on 18:14 - Jun 20 by Baker

Maybe she wants you there to mop up any excess spunk off the wooden flooring?

He made one f*ck of a mess the last time he was there.

Hilarious

One for the cyclists here... on 21:53 - Jun 21 with 2356 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

One for the cyclists here... on 19:30 - Jun 17 by Jackfath

Anyone ever cycled the Celtic Trail West - Swansea to Tenby? Any good?

I did the whole Celtic Trail from Chepstow to Fishguard last year in 2 bits, from Swansea to Fishguard, then a few week later from Chepstow to Swansea. The bit from Swansea to Fishguard is far superior to the eastern bit from Chepstow, which is a bit flat and dull.

West of Swansea it's a lovely ride along the north Gower coast into KIdwelly, then it starts to get a little tough, but nothing too bad until you get to Carmarthen when there are some testing hills along the way via St Clears to Tenby, but also some wonderful scenery.

The whole Pembrokeshire coast is stunning to cycle, especially from Pembroke around St Davids to Fishguard..wowsers, if quite tough at times with the climbs.

Swansea to Tenby would be a bit of an ask for a day ride unless you were experienced, but do-able if you give yourself all day.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

One for the cyclists here... on 21:55 - Jun 21 with 2353 viewsJackfath

One for the cyclists here... on 21:53 - Jun 21 by FearOfAJackPlanet

I did the whole Celtic Trail from Chepstow to Fishguard last year in 2 bits, from Swansea to Fishguard, then a few week later from Chepstow to Swansea. The bit from Swansea to Fishguard is far superior to the eastern bit from Chepstow, which is a bit flat and dull.

West of Swansea it's a lovely ride along the north Gower coast into KIdwelly, then it starts to get a little tough, but nothing too bad until you get to Carmarthen when there are some testing hills along the way via St Clears to Tenby, but also some wonderful scenery.

The whole Pembrokeshire coast is stunning to cycle, especially from Pembroke around St Davids to Fishguard..wowsers, if quite tough at times with the climbs.

Swansea to Tenby would be a bit of an ask for a day ride unless you were experienced, but do-able if you give yourself all day.

Plan is to set off at 7am. Cycle and then get the last train back. It's around 60 miles I believe.

One for the cyclists here... on 22:02 - Jun 21 with 2351 views1jack

Have to take it back today, everyone nice and polite and I beat my previous time by 4 minutes. I think I am getting a bit addicted to this cycling lark, must be those endorphins I've heard of kicking in. can't wait to go again.

Good luck to all doing the Gower bike ride tomorrow, next year for me I reckon.
One for the cyclists here... on 22:04 - Jun 21 with 2351 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

One for the cyclists here... on 21:55 - Jun 21 by Jackfath

Plan is to set off at 7am. Cycle and then get the last train back. It's around 60 miles I believe.

Setting off at 7 is perfect. I did my ride to Tenby from Burry Port and left about 9, arriving about 5pm - with a few breaks/rests along the way.

Kudos to you if you do it, it'll be a great experience. As you get closer to Tenby there's some magical coastal scenery, with views that'll stay with you for a long time.

60 miles sounds right, from Burry Port it was 55.5 miles:

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

One for the cyclists here... on 22:28 - Jun 21 with 2337 viewsPacemaker

One for the cyclists here... on 21:53 - Jun 21 by FearOfAJackPlanet

I totally agree with you it is a tough climb out of Kidwelly, Carmarthen to Tenby has some decent climbs along the way but take your time and plenty of fluids and food and it is doable.

Good luck for tomorrow Jackfath and make sure you enjoy it. Hopefully I will see you at some point.
[Post edited 21 Jun 2014 22:30]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024