Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One for the cyclists here... 12:25 - Apr 28 with 102818 viewsllangyfelach

For varying reasons I'm not confident enough to get out and about on my bike, so for the next couple of months I'll be using my indoor Turbo Trainer. I'm mindful that at the moment I'll be training based on time rather than distance, so want to get myself a decent milometer. Any recommendations?

Ta in advance

Poll: Sugar on Weetabix?

One for the cyclists here... on 12:32 - Jun 22 with 2027 viewsJackfath

One for the cyclists here... on 22:28 - Jun 21 by Pacemaker

I totally agree with you it is a tough climb out of Kidwelly, Carmarthen to Tenby has some decent climbs along the way but take your time and plenty of fluids and food and it is doable.

Good luck for tomorrow Jackfath and make sure you enjoy it. Hopefully I will see you at some point.
[Post edited 21 Jun 2014 22:30]

Jeez it was hot. Hundreds of people, all shapes and sizes. Couldn't get any real speed up until top of Carmarthen road what with the hill and throngs of cyclists! Finished the 28 mile course in 2 hours 20. Quite slow but I set myself a target of sub 2 hours 30.

Thoroughly enjoyable and pleased I've done it.

I hope the guy who looked as though he'd been knocked off his bike in Waunarrlwydd is ok. As i passed by his leg was twitching a bit and the guy in the lorry who must have knocked him looked very shaky.

Hope this is not connected either.
http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/TRAFFIC-accident-closes-A484-Loughor-eas
[Post edited 22 Jun 2014 13:53]

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

One for the cyclists here... on 14:46 - Jun 22 with 2012 viewsPacemaker

One for the cyclists here... on 12:32 - Jun 22 by Jackfath

Jeez it was hot. Hundreds of people, all shapes and sizes. Couldn't get any real speed up until top of Carmarthen road what with the hill and throngs of cyclists! Finished the 28 mile course in 2 hours 20. Quite slow but I set myself a target of sub 2 hours 30.

I hope the guy who looked as though he'd been knocked off his bike in Waunarrlwydd is ok. As i passed by his leg was twitching a bit and the guy in the lorry who must have knocked him looked very shaky.

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/TRAFFIC-accident-closes-A484-Loughor-eas

It was really hot and well done on a superb time, it is quite a crush almost all the way around.

The 46 miler is a good route a few decent climbs well and not easy by any stretch of the imagination well within your ability though now your an experienced cyclist.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

One for the cyclists here... on 14:48 - Jun 22 with 2010 viewsJackfath

One for the cyclists here... on 14:46 - Jun 22 by Pacemaker

It was really hot and well done on a superb time, it is quite a crush almost all the way around.

The 46 miler is a good route a few decent climbs well and not easy by any stretch of the imagination well within your ability though now your an experienced cyclist.

Cheers! Enjoyed it but found the amount of people for the first 5 miles or so a bit frustrating. Heat did me about half way round, it was roasting.

Will probably do the longer route during the holidays.

I see you did a little extra on your ride, good going!!

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

One for the cyclists here... on 16:43 - Jun 22 with 1991 viewsEdmundo

One for the cyclists here... on 12:32 - Jun 22 by Jackfath

The air ambulance landed in Loughor this morning, thought it was some one in trouble in the estuary.

Well whatever it was hope they are well!

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

One for the cyclists here... on 17:40 - Jun 22 with 1979 viewsJaffer

Just get a Car, Cyclists realy get on my tits!!!
One for the cyclists here... on 17:44 - Jun 22 with 1974 viewsDarran

One for the cyclists here... on 17:40 - Jun 22 by Jaffer

Fair play that's a mighty fine first post.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

One for the cyclists here... on 18:28 - Jun 22 with 1959 viewsorion3016

You'll fit in well here, welcome to the asylum

By the way, cycling - I'm mad for it

Be over there now after

One for the cyclists here... on 18:28 - Jun 22 with 1959 viewsPacemaker

Yeah got one of them by using my bike I am in effect doing you a favour by leaving more space on the road for you and one extra parking space, by keeping myself fit and healthy I am also leaving that NHS bed available for somebody else.

No need to thank me I had the pleasure of riding around Swansea in fantastic weather with a couple of thousand people who thought they would do something to raise money for the British Heart Foundation. I am amongst many who have benefited from this fantastic charity.

Together with others from all over the UK who saw Wales at its best today, it is bound to have brought a huge amount of extra money into the local economy and saw a large number of cyclists young and old wearing Swans shirts.

Where is the negative In that? What did you do today Jaffer?
[Post edited 22 Jun 2014 18:30]

Login to get fewer ads

One for the cyclists here... on 18:41 - Jun 22 with 1948 viewsorion3016

One for the cyclists here... on 18:28 - Jun 22 by Pacemaker

Yeah got one of them by using my bike I am in effect doing you a favour by leaving more space on the road for you and one extra parking space, by keeping myself fit and healthy I am also leaving that NHS bed available for somebody else.

No need to thank me I had the pleasure of riding around Swansea in fantastic weather with a couple of thousand people who thought they would do something to raise money for the British Heart Foundation. I am amongst many who have benefited from this fantastic charity.

Together with others from all over the UK who saw Wales at its best today, it is bound to have brought a huge amount of extra money into the local economy and saw a large number of cyclists young and old wearing Swans shirts.

Where is the negative In that? What did you do today Jaffer?
[Post edited 22 Jun 2014 18:30]

The main reasons I stick off-road where possible is the growing number of numpties who think they're hard behind a steering wheel and bully us off the road

Be over there now after

One for the cyclists here... on 18:48 - Jun 22 with 1942 viewsJackfath

Bloke I saw in Waunarlwydd looked as though he's been clipped by a lorry who was too impatient to wait for a clear gap to pass him. Looked nasty as he was lying there and his leg twitching a bit.

I think it's a bit daft they don't shut off the roads for a hour or two for this event tbh.

One for the cyclists here... on 18:48 - Jun 22 with 1942 viewsPacemaker

One for the cyclists here... on 18:41 - Jun 22 by orion3016

The main reasons I stick off-road where possible is the growing number of numpties who think they're hard behind a steering wheel and bully us off the road

There was a bit of both out there today, cyclists wandering all over the road three or four abreast and car/motorcycle riders/drivers getting way too close.

One for the cyclists here... on 20:33 - Jun 22 with 1917 views1jack

If you sign up for the TREDZ newsletter there's a £5 off voucher if you spend £30 or more.
One for the cyclists here... on 10:55 - Jun 24 with 1867 viewsLord_Bony

Just off out on my Giant for a spin around Cardiff Bay and barrage and across to Penarth and back...always good in nice weather then maybe the city.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2014 10:56]

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

One for the cyclists here... on 11:04 - Jun 24 with 1858 viewsrob

Nice one Jackfath, I was driving back from a weekend in Port Eynon on Sunday, seemed like a good turn out for the SWBR

Friday I rode all the trails in Afan apart from Skyline all in a day. Really hard work!
One for the cyclists here... on 15:44 - Jun 24 with 1827 viewsorion3016

One for the cyclists here... on 11:04 - Jun 24 by rob

Nice one Jackfath, I was driving back from a weekend in Port Eynon on Sunday, seemed like a good turn out for the SWBR

Friday I rode all the trails in Afan apart from Skyline all in a day. Really hard work!

That's hard going, well done
Have done w2 a few times, and that's a tiring 3 hours

Be over there now after

One for the cyclists here... on 15:57 - Jun 24 with 1823 viewsJackfath

Was looking at some of the runs up there on Youtube. Seems pretty hairy and a good adrenaline rush to me!

One for the cyclists here... on 17:02 - Jun 24 with 1806 viewsorion3016

One for the cyclists here... on 15:57 - Jun 24 by Jackfath

Was looking at some of the runs up there on Youtube. Seems pretty hairy and a good adrenaline rush to me!

Singletrack climbing is tough it's a great laugh coming down , just need to know your limits

Check out bike park wales on YouTube

Be over there now after

One for the cyclists here... on 17:16 - Jun 24 with 1800 viewsmax936

One for the cyclists here... on 17:02 - Jun 24 by orion3016

Singletrack climbing is tough it's a great laugh coming down , just need to know your limits

Check out bike park wales on YouTube

Far to dangerous for me, Im bad enough on the rough fire roads the gate accessing the climb up to the top from Glyncorrwg is a pain, apart from there not being much room for you and the bike to go though past the gate, trying to get a start again on the rough stuff is murder the wheels just spin, which caused my foot slip off the pedal on Saturday and made a right mess of my shin.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

One for the cyclists here... on 17:17 - Jun 24 with 1798 viewsJackfath

One for the cyclists here... on 17:16 - Jun 24 by max936

Far to dangerous for me, Im bad enough on the rough fire roads the gate accessing the climb up to the top from Glyncorrwg is a pain, apart from there not being much room for you and the bike to go though past the gate, trying to get a start again on the rough stuff is murder the wheels just spin, which caused my foot slip off the pedal on Saturday and made a right mess of my shin.

Get some clips!

One for the cyclists here... on 17:24 - Jun 24 with 1793 viewsmax936

One for the cyclists here... on 17:17 - Jun 24 by Jackfath

Get some clips!

Well I would have fallen off with them mun as I couldn't get any traction, My shoes I bought, I've had to send back as they were to tight, I wear a size 9 so bought the equivalent size 43 in the euro sizing but they were to tight, otherwise I would have sorted some clips now, but I don't think they'd have helped at all on saturday.

One for the cyclists here... on 18:09 - Jun 24 with 1765 viewsrob

It's not too bad, you just have to ride within your limits and take your time if needs be. Nothing is that challenging, (except the off piste stuff like The Masts) and you can walk parts that are too technical. I had a nasty fall about four weeks ago on the Graveyard section of The Wall, my pedal clipped the the right hand side bank and I just went straight over the handlebars, ended up with a cut that needed four stitches and a fractured arm. I was on my own as well which is the scary bit, I managed to get back down OK to the visitors centre but if I'd broken my leg or something it would be a painful wait for help.

If anyone is interested in getting into more off raod cycling get to Brechfa and do the green/blue trail, it is awesome. Or, Cwm Rhaeder near Llandovery.
One for the cyclists here... on 18:13 - Jun 24 with 1762 viewsJackfath

If they had bike lifts, like ski lifts I would do it.

One for the cyclists here... on 18:14 - Jun 24 with 1761 viewsmax936

One for the cyclists here... on 18:09 - Jun 24 by rob

It's not too bad, you just have to ride within your limits and take your time if needs be. Nothing is that challenging, (except the off piste stuff like The Masts) and you can walk parts that are too technical. I had a nasty fall about four weeks ago on the Graveyard section of The Wall, my pedal clipped the the right hand side bank and I just went straight over the handlebars, ended up with a cut that needed four stitches and a fractured arm. I was on my own as well which is the scary bit, I managed to get back down OK to the visitors centre but if I'd broken my leg or something it would be a painful wait for help.

If anyone is interested in getting into more off raod cycling get to Brechfa and do the green/blue trail, it is awesome. Or, Cwm Rhaeder near Llandovery.

Rob, can you ride up Pen y Fan do you know?.

One for the cyclists here... on 18:19 - Jun 24 with 1759 viewsrob

One for the cyclists here... on 18:14 - Jun 24 by max936

Rob, can you ride up Pen y Fan do you know?.

Don't think you can. The only nearby 'legal' route is The Gap road I think, although I'm no expert on that area.

Jackfath - the climbs are pretty easy, well, once you get used to them! When I started to get into it about ten years ago I thought i was about to collapse on several occasions, but it's a great way to build up your fitness.
One for the cyclists here... on 18:22 - Jun 24 with 1754 viewsmax936

One for the cyclists here... on 18:13 - Jun 24 by Jackfath

If they had bike lifts, like ski lifts I would do it.

You're obviously bike fit JF you'll fly up them no bother mush, imo.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024