Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One for the cyclists here... 12:25 - Apr 28 with 103226 viewsllangyfelach

For varying reasons I'm not confident enough to get out and about on my bike, so for the next couple of months I'll be using my indoor Turbo Trainer. I'm mindful that at the moment I'll be training based on time rather than distance, so want to get myself a decent milometer. Any recommendations?

Ta in advance

Poll: Sugar on Weetabix?

One for the cyclists here... on 18:24 - Jun 24 with 1905 viewsJackfath

One for the cyclists here... on 18:22 - Jun 24 by max936

You're obviously bike fit JF you'll fly up them no bother mush, imo.

You'd beat me up them no probs max.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

One for the cyclists here... on 18:25 - Jun 24 with 1905 viewsmax936

One for the cyclists here... on 18:22 - Jun 24 by max936

You're obviously bike fit JF you'll fly up them no bother mush, imo.

Im gonna hit the Foel again once footie finishes and aim for getting back in time for the 8pm Ko.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

One for the cyclists here... on 18:25 - Jun 24 with 1902 viewsrob

One for the cyclists here... on 18:25 - Jun 24 by max936

Im gonna hit the Foel again once footie finishes and aim for getting back in time for the 8pm Ko.

The Foel? Is that the Masts hill?
One for the cyclists here... on 18:26 - Jun 24 with 1902 viewsmax936

One for the cyclists here... on 18:24 - Jun 24 by Jackfath

You'd beat me up them no probs max.

You'd be suprised mush honestly, Im a steady eddy nothing more and my pace isn't that great.

One for the cyclists here... on 18:27 - Jun 24 with 1900 viewsmax936

One for the cyclists here... on 18:25 - Jun 24 by rob

The Foel? Is that the Masts hill?

Yes Rob, going up just after 7, now my lad as told me the footie doesn't KO till 9

One for the cyclists here... on 18:35 - Jun 24 with 1896 viewsrob

One for the cyclists here... on 18:27 - Jun 24 by max936

Yes Rob, going up just after 7, now my lad as told me the footie doesn't KO till 9

Tidy, may go up there tomorrow evening after a hour up the bike park. I wan't to ride the trail that comes down the Cwmafan facing hill.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2014 23:21]
One for the cyclists here... on 18:54 - Jun 24 with 1890 viewsmax936

One for the cyclists here... on 18:35 - Jun 24 by rob

Tidy, may go up there tomorrow evening after a hour up the bike park. I wan't to ride the trail that comes down the Cwmafan facing hill.

I just go up the fire rd Rob, I don't come down off piste, Im not brave enough, although I did go through a sheeps field on Saturday as I got lost and was rushing home to watch the rugby

One for the cyclists here... on 21:30 - Jun 24 with 1862 viewsmax936

Just chucking in a random here, but I fuking hate gnats and horse flies, they've bitten fuk out of me again tonight

Login to get fewer ads

One for the cyclists here... on 21:46 - Jun 24 with 1852 views1jack

One for the cyclists here... on 21:30 - Jun 24 by max936

Just chucking in a random here, but I fuking hate gnats and horse flies, they've bitten fuk out of me again tonight

I think i ate my body weight in gnats tonight, bloody swarms of them everywhere.
One for the cyclists here... on 21:52 - Jun 24 with 1844 viewsPacemaker

One for the cyclists here... on 18:35 - Jun 24 by rob

Rob when you go up there ride from the lower viaduct trail road that Max and I rode up the other day. The road you are on about has a fair bit of logging on and is blocked in places.

When you get to the masts you will see an obvious track to your left follow that down and you will hit that track, which will lead you down into Cwmafan just above the now closed British Lion pub cross the main road there on a footbridge and you are back onto the cycle path to Rhyslyn car park .

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

One for the cyclists here... on 23:19 - Jun 24 with 1814 viewsrob

One for the cyclists here... on 21:52 - Jun 24 by Pacemaker

Rob when you go up there ride from the lower viaduct trail road that Max and I rode up the other day. The road you are on about has a fair bit of logging on and is blocked in places.

When you get to the masts you will see an obvious track to your left follow that down and you will hit that track, which will lead you down into Cwmafan just above the now closed British Lion pub cross the main road there on a footbridge and you are back onto the cycle path to Rhyslyn car park .

Awesome, cheers for the info mate.
One for the cyclists here... on 19:49 - Jun 25 with 1771 viewsPacemaker

No problem mate, dead envious of your Elan Valley ride, something I have always wanted to do, will def get up there in the summer, was it all off road or is it possible to
use a road bike?

I did see a magazine article about a 60 mile road ride in that area but yours looked superb.Was it a signposted route or did you just go for a wander?

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

One for the cyclists here... on 20:06 - Jun 25 with 1765 viewsorion3016

One for the cyclists here... on 19:49 - Jun 25 by Pacemaker

No problem mate, dead envious of your Elan Valley ride, something I have always wanted to do, will def get up there in the summer, was it all off road or is it possible to
use a road bike?

I did see a magazine article about a 60 mile road ride in that area but yours looked superb.Was it a signposted route or did you just go for a wander?

I think you've got the rob on here confused with me on strava!

It's a fantastic place, I told my wife to scatter my ashes there! I started with the élan trail but just went off route to get a big climb in, following iphone maps

I couldn't load my photos to strava but I've put some stunning views on my Instagram account

Be over there now after

One for the cyclists here... on 20:12 - Jun 25 with 1761 viewsLeonisGod

Day of work tomorrow for my b'day, so will be taking the bike out. I know Afan Argoed pretty well and have been to Brechfa a few times (which I prefer, probably because I don't go as often). Any other suggestions for an ageing, unfit slogger who's a whimp in technical stuff?
One for the cyclists here... on 20:22 - Jun 25 with 1757 viewsorion3016

One for the cyclists here... on 19:49 - Jun 25 by Pacemaker

use a road bike?

[IMG] http://i58.tinypic.com/zmjybc.jpg[/IMG]

Be over there now after

One for the cyclists here... on 20:23 - Jun 25 with 1756 viewsmax936

One for the cyclists here... on 20:12 - Jun 25 by LeonisGod

Day of work tomorrow for my b'day, so will be taking the bike out. I know Afan Argoed pretty well and have been to Brechfa a few times (which I prefer, probably because I don't go as often). Any other suggestions for an ageing, unfit slogger who's a whimp in technical stuff?

The Foel is a must even just for the hell of it

One for the cyclists here... on 20:26 - Jun 25 with 1752 viewsorion3016

One for the cyclists here... on 20:12 - Jun 25 by LeonisGod

They got some new trails at afan
You could always venture over to bike park wales, if you're fit you can do 4 rides up, yes it's tough , or if you're feeling flush the uplift costs £35 although it could be fully booked,and you'll get About 10 rides in. You can do the blue runs which are fast but will allow you to take it easy without spooking yourself , if there's anyone flying through the air just let them pass.

Be over there now after

One for the cyclists here... on 20:29 - Jun 25 with 1747 viewsLeonisGod

One for the cyclists here... on 20:26 - Jun 25 by orion3016

They got some new trails at afan
You could always venture over to bike park wales, if you're fit you can do 4 rides up, yes it's tough , or if you're feeling flush the uplift costs £35 although it could be fully booked,and you'll get About 10 rides in. You can do the blue runs which are fast but will allow you to take it easy without spooking yourself , if there's anyone flying through the air just let them pass.

Flying through the air . Bit of a cross-country, off the beaten track kind of guy rather than parks. That pic above looks more like my thing. Is that Élan?
One for the cyclists here... on 20:38 - Jun 25 with 1741 viewsorion3016

One for the cyclists here... on 20:29 - Jun 25 by LeonisGod

Flying through the air . Bit of a cross-country, off the beaten track kind of guy rather than parks. That pic above looks more like my thing. Is that Élan?

Yes, went there today
Booootiful place

Be over there now after

One for the cyclists here... on 20:56 - Jun 25 with 1735 viewsLeonisGod

One for the cyclists here... on 20:38 - Jun 25 by orion3016

Yes, went there today
Booootiful place

Where'd you recommend parking - visitor centre? And then make up a route from there. Might stop off at ago Outdoors to pick up the OS map and head that way tomorrow.
One for the cyclists here... on 21:00 - Jun 25 with 1734 viewsorion3016

One for the cyclists here... on 20:56 - Jun 25 by LeonisGod

Where'd you recommend parking - visitor centre? And then make up a route from there. Might stop off at ago Outdoors to pick up the OS map and head that way tomorrow.

I parked in Rhayader leisure centre, but there's a car park opposite that's free
It's signposted from there and the trail runs alongside the road are you on strava as you could pick up my ride

Be over there now after

One for the cyclists here... on 21:04 - Jun 25 with 1733 viewsLeonisGod

One for the cyclists here... on 21:00 - Jun 25 by orion3016

I parked in Rhayader leisure centre, but there's a car park opposite that's free
It's signposted from there and the trail runs alongside the road are you on strava as you could pick up my ride

Not on strava, but I'll sign up and have a look. Cheers pal - very useful info.
One for the cyclists here... on 21:06 - Jun 25 with 1730 viewsorion3016

One for the cyclists here... on 21:04 - Jun 25 by LeonisGod

Not on strava, but I'll sign up and have a look. Cheers pal - very useful info.

The weathers ok if you go early tom, hope you have a good 1
Let us know how you get on

Be over there now after

One for the cyclists here... on 21:10 - Jun 25 with 1727 viewsJackfath

It's great that there are so many decent folk on this thread to offer help, advice encouragement and support to fellow cyclists. Enthuses me.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

One for the cyclists here... on 21:39 - Jun 25 with 1718 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Another vote for the Elan Trail. Absolutely wonderful place to ride/walk.

Did it as the last leg of delightful 40 mile ride from Aberystwyth to Rhayader which I'd recommend to anyone, that follows the path of the Ystwyth river valley up into, and across, the Cambrian mountains, then down to follow the Elan Valley into Rhayader. That mid-Wales area is fantastic to be out and about in - fantastic scenery without the crowds of the SW Coast.

Red kItes have gone from a rarity to as common as pigeons, but it's still a delight for us 'townies' to see them.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024