Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One for the cyclists here... 12:25 - Apr 28 with 102869 viewsllangyfelach

For varying reasons I'm not confident enough to get out and about on my bike, so for the next couple of months I'll be using my indoor Turbo Trainer. I'm mindful that at the moment I'll be training based on time rather than distance, so want to get myself a decent milometer. Any recommendations?

Ta in advance

Poll: Sugar on Weetabix?

One for the cyclists here... on 21:17 - Feb 16 with 1964 viewsorion3016

One for the cyclists here... on 20:26 - Feb 16 by Pacemaker

No excuses now Spring is here, get the dust off her and take her out for a little spin.

All year round sport mun

Be over there now after

One for the cyclists here... on 21:45 - Feb 16 with 1949 viewsPacemaker

One for the cyclists here... on 21:17 - Feb 16 by orion3016

All year round sport mun

Only for you and me, Max is fair weather only these days with his seal Skinz socks sweating his feet off.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

One for the cyclists here... on 21:52 - Feb 16 with 1944 viewsmax936

One for the cyclists here... on 21:17 - Feb 16 by orion3016

All year round sport mun

For you youngsters it is, once you hop past 50 you start to feel the cold I've been using my exercise bike most day's in the warm, I did make the mistake of venturing into the garage to start back at my weight training circuits, but I fing froze, so ain't done it since,

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

One for the cyclists here... on 21:53 - Feb 16 with 1942 viewsPacemaker

One for the cyclists here... on 21:52 - Feb 16 by max936

For you youngsters it is, once you hop past 50 you start to feel the cold I've been using my exercise bike most day's in the warm, I did make the mistake of venturing into the garage to start back at my weight training circuits, but I fing froze, so ain't done it since,

I am 54 next month Max only Orion and Jackfath are youngsters me and you same surely

One for the cyclists here... on 21:55 - Feb 16 with 1941 viewsJackfath

I've got the body of a 70 year old.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

One for the cyclists here... on 22:03 - Feb 16 with 1934 viewsPacemaker

One for the cyclists here... on 21:55 - Feb 16 by Jackfath

I've got the body of a 70 year old.

But the mind of a much younger man who still has dreams he can make it to the top!

One for the cyclists here... on 22:35 - Feb 16 with 1919 viewsmax936

One for the cyclists here... on 21:53 - Feb 16 by Pacemaker

I am 54 next month Max only Orion and Jackfath are youngsters me and you same surely

Yeah Orion it was aimed at, I was 54 last month, I've still got my boyish young looks though and little or no grey strands of hair, Im full of vitality, unless Im in work
[Post edited 16 Feb 2015 22:37]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

One for the cyclists here... on 23:27 - Feb 16 with 1905 viewsperchrockjack

Max.

Uou don't look anyway near that age and seem to have firm buttocks.

I've had a fitness test recently and I have the metabolism if a man of 48, which is tidy.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Login to get fewer ads

One for the cyclists here... on 09:58 - Feb 17 with 1879 viewsBatterseajack

One for the cyclists here... on 18:47 - Feb 16 by Pacemaker

For anyone after new kit I recommend the Cycle Surgery shop at Snow and Rock in Mcarthur Glen, Bridgend. Got a Mavic soft shell jacket less than half price today.

Most clothing for road or MTB is about a third off the best prices in mainstream shops and signicantly better than online prices.

They also sell accessories at discounted prices.

When buying a from cycle surgery, always ask for an online price comparison. They will always match the cheapest online price for you.
One for the cyclists here... on 17:04 - Feb 17 with 1859 viewsPacemaker

One for the cyclists here... on 09:58 - Feb 17 by Batterseajack

When buying a from cycle surgery, always ask for an online price comparison. They will always match the cheapest online price for you.

I think because it's an outlet store it's pretty much as cheap as it will go, but worth bearing in mind next time.

I did check the goods after I got home and I couldn't get near the price I paid.

One for the cyclists here... on 17:43 - Feb 17 with 1851 viewsorion3016

One for the cyclists here... on 17:04 - Feb 17 by Pacemaker

I think because it's an outlet store it's pretty much as cheap as it will go, but worth bearing in mind next time.

I did check the goods after I got home and I couldn't get near the price I paid.

Didn't know about that shop in MacArthur glen will have to check it out- must be new?

Be over there now after

One for the cyclists here... on 18:04 - Feb 17 with 1845 viewsPacemaker

One for the cyclists here... on 17:43 - Feb 17 by orion3016

Didn't know about that shop in MacArthur glen will have to check it out- must be new?

It's in the old Nike store called Rock and Snow (or other way around) and tucked in the back. I very rarely go shopping if I can help it, but my mate has been there a few times and got some quality kit at a good price.

I was after some wind stoppers and a soft shell, so called in on my way home from work it was last years Endura kit but half the price of this years design for exactly the same jacket. Plenty of MTB gear, gloves, shorts , tights and overtrousers etc. I think that there is a bit of luck involved as to what's in stock but worth keeping an eye on if you happen to be going by.

One for the cyclists here... on 19:35 - Feb 17 with 1834 viewsorion3016

One for the cyclists here... on 18:04 - Feb 17 by Pacemaker

It's in the old Nike store called Rock and Snow (or other way around) and tucked in the back. I very rarely go shopping if I can help it, but my mate has been there a few times and got some quality kit at a good price.

I was after some wind stoppers and a soft shell, so called in on my way home from work it was last years Endura kit but half the price of this years design for exactly the same jacket. Plenty of MTB gear, gloves, shorts , tights and overtrousers etc. I think that there is a bit of luck involved as to what's in stock but worth keeping an eye on if you happen to be going by.

Thanks, I ll give it a try.endura kit holds its price regardless of if its last years stock so that would be ideal for me
[Post edited 17 Feb 2015 19:36]

Be over there now after

One for the cyclists here... on 21:39 - Feb 17 with 1813 viewsJackswan

Recently taken up cycling and finding this thread very interesting and informative. Excellent
One for the cyclists here... on 21:41 - Feb 17 with 1812 viewsJackfath

One for the cyclists here... on 21:39 - Feb 17 by Jackswan

Recently taken up cycling and finding this thread very interesting and informative. Excellent

What sort of biking?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

One for the cyclists here... on 21:49 - Feb 17 with 1808 viewsJackswan

One for the cyclists here... on 21:41 - Feb 17 by Jackfath

What sort of biking?

Easy going at the moment

Doing between 40 -80 miles a week when work shifts allow. Distance no problem, just need to up my speed.
One for the cyclists here... on 21:49 - Feb 17 with 1807 viewsCountyJim

One for the cyclists here... on 22:35 - Feb 16 by max936

Yeah Orion it was aimed at, I was 54 last month, I've still got my boyish young looks though and little or no grey strands of hair, Im full of vitality, unless Im in work
[Post edited 16 Feb 2015 22:37]

FFS its Just for Men
One for the cyclists here... on 21:50 - Feb 17 with 1804 viewsJackfath

One for the cyclists here... on 21:49 - Feb 17 by Jackswan

Easy going at the moment

Doing between 40 -80 miles a week when work shifts allow. Distance no problem, just need to up my speed.

Road bike?

One for the cyclists here... on 21:54 - Feb 17 with 1800 viewsJackswan

One for the cyclists here... on 21:50 - Feb 17 by Jackfath

Road bike?

Hybrid, Giant Roam, don't fancy the very skinny tyres just yet
One for the cyclists here... on 21:58 - Feb 17 with 1796 viewsJackfath

One for the cyclists here... on 21:54 - Feb 17 by Jackswan

Hybrid, Giant Roam, don't fancy the very skinny tyres just yet

I used a hybrid. Get on a road bike and you'll be amazed at the difference in speed.

I built it up last year from zero and managed to cycle to Tenby at the end of August.

We'll all organise a friendly, non competitive Sunday cycle to Kidwelly from the Stadium one fine day in the summer. I reckon we could get around 6 or so from here to do it. We could take in a few cafe/bars and make a day of it!!

One for the cyclists here... on 22:05 - Feb 17 with 1791 viewsJackswan

One for the cyclists here... on 21:58 - Feb 17 by Jackfath

I used a hybrid. Get on a road bike and you'll be amazed at the difference in speed.

I built it up last year from zero and managed to cycle to Tenby at the end of August.

We'll all organise a friendly, non competitive Sunday cycle to Kidwelly from the Stadium one fine day in the summer. I reckon we could get around 6 or so from here to do it. We could take in a few cafe/bars and make a day of it!!

I'd imagine the road bikes are quite a bit faster, just the width of the tyres put me off them.
The Giant has semi slicks fitted and still getting used to them
One for the cyclists here... on 22:07 - Feb 17 with 1787 viewsPacemaker

One for the cyclists here... on 21:49 - Feb 17 by Jackswan

Easy going at the moment

Don't worry about speed that will come, build up your stamina and get your gentlemans patch used to the saddle then try beating your times over a regular course.

Most of us on here use either a phone or GPS to record rides on Strava or Map my Ride and it is surprising how quickly you start going faster and climbing further.

Loads of new riders on here so everybody has been relatively new to cycling and have done something dull so don't be afraid to ask.

One for the cyclists here... on 22:12 - Feb 17 with 1781 viewsCountyJim

One for the cyclists here... on 22:07 - Feb 17 by Pacemaker

Don't worry about speed that will come, build up your stamina and get your gentlemans patch used to the saddle then try beating your times over a regular course.

Most of us on here use either a phone or GPS to record rides on Strava or Map my Ride and it is surprising how quickly you start going faster and climbing further.

Loads of new riders on here so everybody has been relatively new to cycling and have done something dull so don't be afraid to ask.

Whats the best budget bikes
One for the cyclists here... on 22:19 - Feb 17 with 1773 viewsJackswan

One for the cyclists here... on 22:07 - Feb 17 by Pacemaker

Using a Garmin Edge GPS on the bike and I'm on Strava. Enjoying the riding but do tend to go out at the crack of dawn, nice and quiet.

I've already done something dull, like a somersault over the handlebars last week. Hit a pothole down by Wyvale in the dark, I hit the floor and the bike followed me and landed on top of me. Glad there was no one around, to see a crumpled mess on the floor.
But it was a good excuse to upgrade the Tektro disc brakes to much better Shimano ones as I bent one of the brake levers, oh well.
One for the cyclists here... on 22:21 - Feb 17 with 1772 viewsJackswan

One for the cyclists here... on 21:58 - Feb 17 by Jackfath

Jackfath what bike are you using? was it something like a Giant Defy?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024