Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One for the cyclists here... 12:25 - Apr 28 with 101458 viewsllangyfelach

For varying reasons I'm not confident enough to get out and about on my bike, so for the next couple of months I'll be using my indoor Turbo Trainer. I'm mindful that at the moment I'll be training based on time rather than distance, so want to get myself a decent milometer. Any recommendations?

Ta in advance

Poll: Sugar on Weetabix?

One for the cyclists here... on 22:26 - May 6 with 3295 viewsCooperman

One for the cyclists here... on 22:48 - Feb 17 by Jackfath

I think that route would be around 40 odd miles.

The leg from Loughor to Pembrey is excellent particularly the section along the sea front at Pwll. It's a wide as an A road in places.

For those interested in a decent hybrid, Halfords have 15% off of their Boardman range until 13th May. The hybrid comp bike at £499 pre 15% reduction is about as good as you can get without going into the silly money bracket.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

One for the cyclists here... on 17:49 - May 7 with 3235 viewsPacemaker

One for the cyclists here... on 22:21 - May 6 by 1jack

I shall be freewheeling down every hill, I know west wales quite well so I will definitely need every bit of energy I can muster.
Good luck, see you Saturday.

Just had a PM from Jack morsel he has been ill but he is probably still doing it so there should be a few Jacks at the start, we are looking to start as early as possible so will be looking to get on the early waves between 7.30 to 7.45 ( just as likely to be 8)

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

One for the cyclists here... on 18:06 - May 7 with 3230 viewsDarran

Just saw Max out practicing.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

One for the cyclists here... on 18:16 - May 7 with 3224 viewsPacemaker

One for the cyclists here... on 18:06 - May 7 by Darran

Just saw Max out practicing.

He don't wear an helmet mum hard as nails is Max

One for the cyclists here... on 18:22 - May 7 with 3217 viewsmax936

One for the cyclists here... on 18:16 - May 7 by Pacemaker

He don't wear an helmet mum hard as nails is Max

Bullies me he does Lee, I can't help it if Im big boned mun

[Post edited 7 May 2015 18:25]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

One for the cyclists here... on 20:00 - May 7 with 3189 viewsPacemaker

One for the cyclists here... on 18:22 - May 7 by max936

Bullies me he does Lee, I can't help it if Im big boned mun

[Post edited 7 May 2015 18:25]

Same as me Max, I am the same size as my mates but weigh heavier and wear bigger clothes just big frame that's all.......or completely deluded.

One for the cyclists here... on 21:40 - May 7 with 3174 viewsmax936

One for the cyclists here... on 20:00 - May 7 by Pacemaker

Same as me Max, I am the same size as my mates but weigh heavier and wear bigger clothes just big frame that's all.......or completely deluded.

My BMI is 23 its come down from 32, my cholesterol has come down to 4.2 from 6.8 and that's through diet and exercise, not statins, my weight varies from 15.4 to 15.8 sometimes Im around 15, but after last weekend I put a couple of pounds on, complex weight circuits and tabata workouts have done me the world of good, had some excellent advice off Rob Miller who runs the Supplement Critique website, Testofuel and Nitrocut has worked very well for me to.

One for the cyclists here... on 21:44 - May 7 with 3173 viewsJackfath

One for the cyclists here... on 21:40 - May 7 by max936

My BMI is 23 its come down from 32, my cholesterol has come down to 4.2 from 6.8 and that's through diet and exercise, not statins, my weight varies from 15.4 to 15.8 sometimes Im around 15, but after last weekend I put a couple of pounds on, complex weight circuits and tabata workouts have done me the world of good, had some excellent advice off Rob Miller who runs the Supplement Critique website, Testofuel and Nitrocut has worked very well for me to.

How tall are you Max?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Login to get fewer ads

One for the cyclists here... on 21:56 - May 7 with 3169 viewsmax936

One for the cyclists here... on 21:44 - May 7 by Jackfath

How tall are you Max?

6'3" less 4"

One for the cyclists here... on 21:59 - May 7 with 3165 viewsJackfath

One for the cyclists here... on 21:56 - May 7 by max936

6'3" less 4"

Just grow about 6 or 7 inches and you'll be sorted.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

One for the cyclists here... on 22:08 - May 7 with 3158 viewsmax936

One for the cyclists here... on 21:59 - May 7 by Jackfath

Just grow about 6 or 7 inches and you'll be sorted.

Nah, Im happy being muscle bound the dietician in the surgery reckons that's what's why my bmi as come down, just need to shift the loose stuff around my middle, she reckons it'll go in time, providing I continue what Im doing, but it doesn't seem to move, I can't leave the ale alone on a Saturday, last weekend was worse as I had a few on Saturday and a right gutsful on Sunday, there was 6 of us out so was a bit awkward to go easy

One for the cyclists here... on 14:17 - May 8 with 3118 viewsjackmorsel

One for the cyclists here... on 17:49 - May 7 by Pacemaker

Just had a PM from Jack morsel he has been ill but he is probably still doing it so there should be a few Jacks at the start, we are looking to start as early as possible so will be looking to get on the early waves between 7.30 to 7.45 ( just as likely to be 8)

I am gradually talking my self round to doing it now, but the weather does seem to be improving and slight drop in wind speed!

Will try and get to legoland early doors!
One for the cyclists here... on 15:52 - May 8 with 3108 views1jack

Serious manflu yesterday and today, feel like sh1te, hoping it will be gone tomorrow.
One for the cyclists here... on 17:00 - May 8 with 3092 viewsjackmorsel

One for the cyclists here... on 15:52 - May 8 by 1jack

Serious manflu yesterday and today, feel like sh1te, hoping it will be gone tomorrow.

Hope it improves by tomorrow 1Jack! I'm not 100% either but am going to give it a try. I managed it last year when the weather was ridiculous so fingers crossed its not as bad.

Hopefully meeting up with Lee in the morning and head out with those guys. I'm no. 145!

PM me if you want to meet as well. I'm looking to take it easy as well, but hoping to improve on last years time which was slow.
One for the cyclists here... on 19:05 - May 8 with 3072 views1jack

One for the cyclists here... on 17:00 - May 8 by jackmorsel

Hope it improves by tomorrow 1Jack! I'm not 100% either but am going to give it a try. I managed it last year when the weather was ridiculous so fingers crossed its not as bad.

Hopefully meeting up with Lee in the morning and head out with those guys. I'm no. 145!

PM me if you want to meet as well. I'm looking to take it easy as well, but hoping to improve on last years time which was slow.

Just checked the weather now, winds are not as bad as originally forecast, averaging 15mph with up to 25mph gusts. It was looking a lot worse earlier in the week, so that's a positive. I'm number 423, I'll keep a look out as I'm not sure what time I'm going to get there, early I hope, but family coming up with me so can't be 100% sure.
Good luck all.
One for the cyclists here... on 18:46 - May 9 with 3027 viewsPacemaker

Hope everyone finished and had a good day. Weather was a bit disruptive between Cardiff and Swansea but not too bad after that.

Some real good news stories from survivors of cancer.

Those hills after Burryport and onto Tenby are testing

One for the cyclists here... on 18:49 - May 9 with 3023 viewsJackfath

One for the cyclists here... on 18:46 - May 9 by Pacemaker

Hope everyone finished and had a good day. Weather was a bit disruptive between Cardiff and Swansea but not too bad after that.

Some real good news stories from survivors of cancer.

Those hills after Burryport and onto Tenby are testing

Congratulations! Been thinking of you all cycling it today - a great achievement for all concerned! Those hills are pretty relentless!

One for the cyclists here... on 23:03 - May 9 with 2992 views1jack

One for the cyclists here... on 18:49 - May 9 by Jackfath

Congratulations! Been thinking of you all cycling it today - a great achievement for all concerned! Those hills are pretty relentless!

Never done anything so hard in my life, took me 9 hours, knackered but happy.
One for the cyclists here... on 05:20 - May 10 with 2970 viewsPacemaker

One for the cyclists here... on 18:49 - May 9 by Jackfath

The weather was a lot better than previous years. I met a few friends afterwards who had done it for the first time all mentioned it was one of the toughest things they had done.

Great charity event that rsises a lot for cancer charities plenty of time for people to slowly trsin for next year. Its very emotional st the finish line not a race just a ride to Tenby.

Well done to the PS cyclists who attempted it.

One for the cyclists here... on 09:09 - May 10 with 2950 viewsorion3016

One for the cyclists here... on 05:20 - May 10 by Pacemaker

The weather was a lot better than previous years. I met a few friends afterwards who had done it for the first time all mentioned it was one of the toughest things they had done.

Great charity event that rsises a lot for cancer charities plenty of time for people to slowly trsin for next year. Its very emotional st the finish line not a race just a ride to Tenby.

Well done - what happened to your strava post?

Be over there now after

One for the cyclists here... on 09:26 - May 10 with 2946 viewsjackmorsel

One for the cyclists here... on 05:20 - May 10 by Pacemaker

Yes that was a tough one again, knocked an hour off last year though, can't believe all those who shot up the A40 and completely missed the hills, after Carmarthen!

I forgot how tough some of them were though.

Great atmosphere coming in yesterday as well, much better coming into the square than down the harbour road I thought.

Hope you had a good few beers last night Lee!

See you at the Velothon hopefully.
One for the cyclists here... on 10:10 - May 10 with 2937 viewsPacemaker

One for the cyclists here... on 09:09 - May 10 by orion3016

Well done - what happened to your strava post?

Gamin played up but I think I have it saved. I am away for a few days so hopefully can get it loaded by the end of the week, there were a couple of nutters there like you riding it on MTB.

One for the cyclists here... on 10:37 - May 10 with 2920 viewsCooperman

Can you PM me your Strava names.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

One for the cyclists here... on 10:54 - May 10 with 2905 viewsorion3016

One for the cyclists here... on 10:10 - May 10 by Pacemaker

Gamin played up but I think I have it saved. I am away for a few days so hopefully can get it loaded by the end of the week, there were a couple of nutters there like you riding it on MTB.

29ers with continental race kings or schwalbe rocket Ron tyres and jobs a good 1. I ll be doing my first 100 of the year soon. Well done again yesterday

Be over there now after

One for the cyclists here... on 22:33 - May 15 with 2820 viewsPacemaker

One for the cyclists here... on 10:54 - May 10 by orion3016

29ers with continental race kings or schwalbe rocket Ron tyres and jobs a good 1. I ll be doing my first 100 of the year soon. Well done again yesterday

Got Rocket Rons on my 29er will be doing a 50 miler over Afan/Rhigos and down the Neath valley tomorrow hopefully the new wind farm on the Rhigos mountain has not blocked off too many forestry road routes.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024