Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eurovision 08:14 - May 10 with 7103 viewsLord_Bony

Anyone watching this the 59th one tonight?

Why when we produce some of the best selling music and artists in the world can t we get any votes on here and always disgrace ourselves.
Is it political voting by different countries or are we just shite at it.

Why is this geezer dressed as a woman in this years entry FFs.?
[Post edited 10 May 2014 8:17]

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Eurovision on 11:45 - May 11 with 1744 viewsLord_Bony

Eurovision on 23:28 - May 10 by Jackfath

A great moment for women with facial hair europe wide.

Certainly political voting again.this time from the European Gay Community...a powerful voting block was sure to vote for this guy.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

Eurovision on 11:47 - May 11 with 1741 viewsLord_Bony

Eurovision on 01:46 - May 11 by Dyfnant

That's Russell Brand ain't it

Would make a great duo.

Eurovision on 11:48 - May 11 with 1731 viewsDyfnant

Eurovision on 11:47 - May 11 by Lord_Bony

Would make a great duo.

Yeah, in the circus

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Eurovision on 15:58 - May 12 with 1659 viewsFlashberryjack

Eurovision on 11:45 - May 11 by Lord_Bony

Certainly political voting again.this time from the European Gay Community...a powerful voting block was sure to vote for this guy.

Is he/she gay then ?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Eurovision on 17:05 - May 12 with 1641 viewsjackb

I se on the bbc that the uk public/jury vote was split with the public overwhelmingly puuting Poland at no 1 - I wonder why
[Post edited 12 May 2014 17:05]
Eurovision on 19:12 - May 12 with 1616 viewsLord_Bony

Eurovision on 15:58 - May 12 by Flashberryjack

Is he/she gay then ?

Well I just have a sneaking suspicion thats all...

btw how many dresses do you own in your wardrobe?

Eurovision on 20:59 - May 12 with 1588 viewsjacksinceever

Eurovision on 08:42 - May 10 by Lord_Bony

Yeah well we never seem to be popular amongst our European neighbours for some reason.we always get a good vote off Ireland,Malta though and vice versa.
The Balkan countries vote for themselves and France and Germany are just annoying.

And how the feck is Azerbaijan and Israel part of Europe?

Australia is now part of Europe, if you go by Eurovision.
I did enjoy the Netherlands song. I t was excellent on stage, but their You Tube video seems a bit flat and lacks the passion of the live version
Eurovision on 21:07 - May 12 with 1581 viewsjacksinceever

Eurovision on 19:12 - May 12 by Lord_Bony

Well I just have a sneaking suspicion thats all...

btw how many dresses do you own in your wardrobe?

Conchita is a Transvestite. This doesn't indicate her sexual preference, merely that she enjoys dressing and acting like a woman (although why she didn't lose the beard I don't know)
It would be a strange world if we were all the same
Login to get fewer ads

Eurovision on 21:22 - May 12 with 1569 viewsLord_Bony

Eurovision on 21:07 - May 12 by jacksinceever

Conchita is a Transvestite. This doesn't indicate her sexual preference, merely that she enjoys dressing and acting like a woman (although why she didn't lose the beard I don't know)
It would be a strange world if we were all the same

Ok I m fine with that for sure but...

Does she like to be refered to as HE or She first of all.

Is she gay,
straight
AC/DC
Celibate
Unoch

Why the beard and dress? I ll tell you why....WINNING thats why...obviously a very clever marketing ploy to get the gay/trannie vote which is huge in Europe.

Had the guy/gay gone on just him normal self in t shirt and jeans he would have had NIL POIS....zilch as the song sucks ass.

As far as musical merit goes it does nt even come into this competition.

Like I said there is so much musical talent in this country why do we pick the most dross,rubbish,tacky acts and songs to represent us? It really does nt make sense at all...

We can achieve much better.

Eurovision on 21:32 - May 12 with 1554 viewsjacksinceever

Eurovision on 21:22 - May 12 by Lord_Bony

Ok I m fine with that for sure but...

Does she like to be refered to as HE or She first of all.

Is she gay,
straight
AC/DC
Celibate
Unoch

Why the beard and dress? I ll tell you why....WINNING thats why...obviously a very clever marketing ploy to get the gay/trannie vote which is huge in Europe.

Had the guy/gay gone on just him normal self in t shirt and jeans he would have had NIL POIS....zilch as the song sucks ass.

As far as musical merit goes it does nt even come into this competition.

Like I said there is so much musical talent in this country why do we pick the most dross,rubbish,tacky acts and songs to represent us? It really does nt make sense at all...

We can achieve much better.

I agree that in general many countries, including Austria have gone for a gimmick which will catch the viewers imagination. Plus as you say, Eurovision is (from what I understand) very popular with the gay communities around Europe.
The beard was definitely a gimmick, as she has appeared many times in Austria in dresses but minus her beard (research on Google shows this)
However there were many other acts which could have won based on gimmicks, including the one which featured two "maids" , one churning and another washing.
With the gimmicks and the politics, the music comes a very poor second
Eurovision on 21:40 - May 12 with 1544 viewsLord_Bony

"With the gimmicks and the politics, the music comes a very poor second"

This is true,about the only thing of musical merit to have risen from this pile of crap in 60 years is ABBA. Now that set the bar that has never been touched since.

Btw Is Conchita a man or a woman why do you refer to her as she?
Is that politically correct?

Eurovision on 21:46 - May 12 with 1539 viewsjacksinceever

Eurovision on 21:40 - May 12 by Lord_Bony

This is true,about the only thing of musical merit to have risen from this pile of crap in 60 years is ABBA. Now that set the bar that has never been touched since.

I don't know, but everything that is written refers to Conchita as "she" and Graham Norton referred to her as "she", so I respect Conchita's personal choice (which I assume is indicated by other's choice of title)
Eurovision on 22:02 - May 12 with 1531 viewsLord_Bony

Ok
Well done CON cheater..

[Post edited 13 May 2014 10:42]

Eurovision on 06:31 - May 24 with 1390 viewsLord_Bony

This years winner 2015. Sweden

Nigella Lawson delivers the killer blow to Putin and the Russians as she announces the UK awards Sweden 12 points pipping them to the post.

As usual we end up near the bottom with the rest of the pond life.

Eurovision on 08:47 - May 24 with 1329 viewsyescomeon

Eurovision on 21:40 - May 12 by Lord_Bony

It's the done thing. When a bloke is in drag refer to them as she, else it is he.

Upthecity!

Eurovision on 09:50 - May 24 with 1283 viewsHighjack

Just out of interest, what "musical talent" do we have left here in the uk these days? Slim to none id say.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Eurovision on 09:56 - May 24 with 1270 viewsyescomeon

Eurovision on 09:50 - May 24 by Highjack

Just out of interest, what "musical talent" do we have left here in the uk these days? Slim to none id say.

Super Fury Animals are touring again.

Upthecity!

Eurovision on 10:00 - May 24 with 1263 viewsHighjack

Eurovision on 09:56 - May 24 by yescomeon

Super Fury Animals are touring again.

We've already tried wheeling out the aging geriatrics when we sent bonnie and hunperdink

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Eurovision on 10:04 - May 24 with 1258 viewsyescomeon

To be fair your question is a good one, I haven't been keeping up with music like I used to. I'm happy to state that the UK produces some of the best music in the world but we may well be living of past glories here. Much of the newer music I listen to these days is Australian/American to be honest.

Upthecity!

Eurovision on 10:13 - May 24 with 1249 viewsHighjack

We haven't produced a truely world class act in twenty years. The likes of one direction have had a lot of success but that's little to do with their music, and more to do with thirteen year old girls wetting their knickers.

Years ago it didn't matter what you looked like. ugly bastards could become stars and sex symbols because of their talent.

The talent is still there id wager but it's driven underground because to be part of the mainstream these days you have to be perfectly chiselled and able to sell magazines. If you're a lady you need to be willing to simulate sex acts on stage wearing nearly nothing and flicking your bean at every given opportunity.

Eurovision on 10:17 - May 24 with 1244 viewscontroversial_jack

It could be that we are just crap!
Eurovision on 10:17 - May 24 with 1244 viewsyescomeon

Who for your money was the last world class act to come from the UK?

Upthecity!

Eurovision on 10:24 - May 24 with 1240 viewsLord_Bony

Well I watched the show last nite.

What a load of dross crap...every godamn song.

The UK is still one of the premier nations globally for musical and artistic talent....go anywhere in Europe turn on the radio and you will always find British songs being played there,old and new.

Yet we can't seem to find anything since bloody Katrina and the Waves twenty years ago to come in a top three finish.where the fk do they find these people to represent the UK?....and as for the songwriters...this years composer should have been taken outside and strung up with the piano wire he wrote that little ditty on..

Ah,one day there will be another Abba...

Eurovision on 10:30 - May 24 with 1226 viewsPrivate_Partz

Eurovision on 10:13 - May 24 by Highjack

We haven't produced a truely world class act in twenty years. The likes of one direction have had a lot of success but that's little to do with their music, and more to do with thirteen year old girls wetting their knickers.

Years ago it didn't matter what you looked like. ugly bastards could become stars and sex symbols because of their talent.

The talent is still there id wager but it's driven underground because to be part of the mainstream these days you have to be perfectly chiselled and able to sell magazines. If you're a lady you need to be willing to simulate sex acts on stage wearing nearly nothing and flicking your bean at every given opportunity.

You are absolutely spot on here. There are are very few outlets for talent these days, be it new or old talent.
Simon Cowell, the murderer of music, has a lot to answer for in this respect and also the radio stations which slavishly turn out the same old boring playlists.
Eurovision is different gravy however and long careers resulting from participating are rare. Abba being an obvious exception. Indeed it can be seen as a career killer.
I think the big players in the EEC are seen with much scorn these days. Particularly the UK. It is no surprise that virtually all the big hitters in the EEC were in the bottom ten of the voting lists. Having said that Russia being up there when roundly booed by the audience was a strange one :-)
I think we should plough on but bring in the voting for the top 6 songs as we used to do. At least that will generate some interest until we have a government that might be popular with Johnny Foreigner once again ;-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Eurovision on 11:53 - May 24 with 1171 viewsymaohyd

Eurovision on 10:24 - May 24 by Lord_Bony

Well I watched the show last nite.

What a load of dross crap...every godamn song.

The UK is still one of the premier nations globally for musical and artistic talent....go anywhere in Europe turn on the radio and you will always find British songs being played there,old and new.

Yet we can't seem to find anything since bloody Katrina and the Waves twenty years ago to come in a top three finish.where the fk do they find these people to represent the UK?....and as for the songwriters...this years composer should have been taken outside and strung up with the piano wire he wrote that little ditty on..

Ah,one day there will be another Abba...

Well I thought the show was excellent. Whether you enjoy the music, laugh at it, cringe at the political voting, for me it's a class night of entertainment.

A bloke in a dress with a beard, brilliant. I'd rather that than bomb the crap out of one another.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024