Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eurovision 08:14 - May 10 with 7106 viewsLord_Bony

Anyone watching this the 59th one tonight?

Why when we produce some of the best selling music and artists in the world can t we get any votes on here and always disgrace ourselves.
Is it political voting by different countries or are we just shite at it.

Why is this geezer dressed as a woman in this years entry FFs.?
[Post edited 10 May 2014 8:17]

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Eurovision on 11:58 - May 24 with 2157 viewstrampie

I read that the Armenian entrant in this years Eurovision song contest could speak Welsh.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Eurovision on 11:59 - May 24 with 2157 viewsPrivate_Partz

Eurovision on 11:53 - May 24 by ymaohyd

Well I thought the show was excellent. Whether you enjoy the music, laugh at it, cringe at the political voting, for me it's a class night of entertainment.

A bloke in a dress with a beard, brilliant. I'd rather that than bomb the crap out of one another.

I did not watch it this time. I have to say however that it is so bad that it is actually entertaining. It has nothing to do with music as far as I am concerned. It is like the X Factor or The Voice without pretending to be something it isn't. I would not touch those two with a barge pole!

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Eurovision on 12:14 - May 24 with 2132 viewsLord_Bony

Well I thought the show was excellent. Whether you enjoy the music, laugh at it, cringe at the political voting, for me it's a class night of entertainment.

A bloke in a dress with a beard, brilliant. I'd rather that than bomb the crap out of one another.

Well it is a bit of an event. We all went to a mates house last night for a family get together and Eurovision type party with food and drink etc,voting cards and phone vote..Norway,miles out.

Getting drunk certainly helps but it's all razzmatazz eye candy and fun I suppose....quality music comes way down the list.

Bottome line don t take it too serious but UK come on we can do better if we try....much better.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

Eurovision on 17:03 - May 24 with 2048 viewsymaohyd

Eurovision on 12:14 - May 24 by Lord_Bony

Well it is a bit of an event. We all went to a mates house last night for a family get together and Eurovision type party with food and drink etc,voting cards and phone vote..Norway,miles out.

Getting drunk certainly helps but it's all razzmatazz eye candy and fun I suppose....quality music comes way down the list.

Bottome line don t take it too serious but UK come on we can do better if we try....much better.

Yeah, we had a bit of a 'do' aswell.

Don't know what to say about our efforts.

Always surprises me when films flop, that the writers and actors who take on their roles don't read the script and think no chance.

That song we had last night was never going to win.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Eurovision on 17:56 - May 24 with 2014 viewsStarsky

This.

You'll find that some posters Who play/played in bands tend to be snobby about these type of music shows

Particularly shows like BGT and X- Factor... And Eurovision entries.

There were at least 7 or 8 songs last night that I really enjoyed.

Sweden was a worthy winner. And anybody that couldn't appreciate the visual content/ performance, with the coordinated laser effects is not being very subjective.

It's just the internet, init.

Eurovision on 18:20 - May 24 with 2003 viewslondonlisa2001

It was a great night's entertainment. Graham Norton was good and the twitter feeds, (particularly during the voting from the Elizabeth Windsor account) were hilarious.

I thought some of the stuff was pretty good. Australia's entry could easily be a big hit over here and I liked the Estonia entry as well. The UK's was pretty nondescript.

The way to watch it is drunk and with friends - have had loads of great Eurovision parties over the years - and I was pleased to see that Nigella also thought that drunk was the best way to give the UK results ...
Eurovision on 20:07 - May 24 with 1972 viewsLeonisGod

Eurovision on 10:17 - May 24 by yescomeon

Who for your money was the last world class act to come from the UK?

A tough one that. No superstars that I can think of, but you've got singer songwriters like Ed Sheeran who've done well oversees, not that it's my kind of music. But I can't think of any supergroups like U2 to have sprung up recently.
Eurovision on 20:09 - May 24 with 1967 viewsHighjack

Ed sheeran is a squeaky whiny tw at.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Login to get fewer ads

Eurovision on 20:10 - May 24 with 1963 viewsJackfath

Eurovision on 20:09 - May 24 by Highjack

Ed sheeran is a squeaky whiny tw at.

Ginger squeaky whiny tw at.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Eurovision on 00:21 - May 25 with 1932 viewsDavillin

Well, I guess I'll be alone here, then. I watched he UK entry and enjoyed the hell out of it. I don't care what politics entered, or what "communities" vote en bloc. I enjoyed it so much that as soon as I post this, I'll go back and enjoy it again.

http://www.eurovision.tv/page/history/year/participant-profile/?song=32583

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Eurovision on 00:26 - May 25 with 1929 viewsDavillin

Eurovision on 00:21 - May 25 by Davillin

Well, I guess I'll be alone here, then. I watched he UK entry and enjoyed the hell out of it. I don't care what politics entered, or what "communities" vote en bloc. I enjoyed it so much that as soon as I post this, I'll go back and enjoy it again.

O.K., I have it almost figured out. It's either genetic from the music of my parents youth, or the hours spent in front of my grandmother's wind-up Victrola listening to "his master's voice."

I'm going back for another hit.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Eurovision on 02:47 - May 25 with 1903 viewsScoobyWho

I'm still trying to get my head round Australia being in the Eurovision, shouldnt that be Comminwealthision ?

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Eurovision on 03:14 - May 25 with 1896 viewsStarsky

Eurovision on 02:47 - May 25 by ScoobyWho

I'm still trying to get my head round Australia being in the Eurovision, shouldnt that be Comminwealthision ?

I don't get Israel entering either

Eurovision on 05:17 - May 25 with 1880 viewsLord_Bony

Eurovision on 03:14 - May 25 by Starsky

What about Azebaijan? Surely not part of Europe...

Eurovision on 09:21 - May 25 with 1851 viewsswanduck

Eurovision on 08:26 - May 10 by YrAlarch

Yep politics mate.

This excuse is always batted out even though it is clearly not true. We do rubbish because we send rubbish. When we make an effort to get someone good and promote them (a la Jade Ewen) we do well! The current system of God knows who choosing the act at the bbc is not working, we need some sort of pubic competition or a well established artist sinning a current, relevant song.
Eurovision on 09:58 - May 25 with 1832 viewsStarsky

Eurovision on 09:21 - May 25 by swanduck

This excuse is always batted out even though it is clearly not true. We do rubbish because we send rubbish. When we make an effort to get someone good and promote them (a la Jade Ewen) we do well! The current system of God knows who choosing the act at the bbc is not working, we need some sort of pubic competition or a well established artist sinning a current, relevant song.

That might be the answer...

Give it To Sky and they'll have Britain's best acts lined up for millions prize money

Of course, pay per view with Clarkson replacing Norton.

Eurovision on 11:27 - May 25 with 1813 viewsScoobyWho

Eurovision on 05:17 - May 25 by Lord_Bony

What about Azebaijan? Surely not part of Europe...

Are they in the European championship qualifiers ? Wales have played them a few times, not sure if it was in Europe though,

Eurovision on 11:28 - May 25 with 1810 viewsScoobyWho

Eurovision on 03:14 - May 25 by Starsky

Israel will enter anything, ask Trampie 😂

Eurovision on 12:17 - May 25 with 1783 viewsyescomeon

Eurovision on 20:07 - May 24 by LeonisGod

A tough one that. No superstars that I can think of, but you've got singer songwriters like Ed Sheeran who've done well oversees, not that it's my kind of music. But I can't think of any supergroups like U2 to have sprung up recently.

Was thinking about this a good bit yesterday. Depends what qualifies as world class, commercial success is the first consideration then you would have the likes of Muse and Coldplay, but there are bands that produce better quality music than that. The likes of Arctic Monkeys, Libertines, Hot Chip & Gorillaz are British acts who in my opinion have produced world class music, maybe without as much commercial success as the other two mentioned but definitely have been successful. Go back a little further and there is a absolute shit loads of easily world class acts, Radiohead, Blur, Oasis, Super Fury Animals, Chemical Brothers, Stone Roses, could easily go on. With British songwriters like Alex Turner and Gruff Rhys still active it is borderline criminal that we have put forward some of the acts we have recently. Either of those two could write a song that would do well.

Upthecity!

Eurovision on 23:20 - May 25 with 1705 viewsLord_Bony

Eurovision on 11:27 - May 25 by ScoobyWho

Are they in the European championship qualifiers ? Wales have played them a few times, not sure if it was in Europe though,

Yes Azabaijan do compete in the European championship countries tournament.

Further investigation on google maps reveal it is situated between southern Russia and Iran on the Caspian sea. A tiny portion of it lies within Europe making it a transcontinental country like Turkey.

So this allows it to enter both European and Asian competitions. Hope that clears it up.

Eurovision on 13:04 - May 26 with 1645 viewsStarsky

Eurovision on 23:20 - May 25 by Lord_Bony

Yes Azabaijan do compete in the European championship countries tournament.

Further investigation on google maps reveal it is situated between southern Russia and Iran on the Caspian sea. A tiny portion of it lies within Europe making it a transcontinental country like Turkey.

So this allows it to enter both European and Asian competitions. Hope that clears it up.

They have to choose one, Shirley?

Eurovision on 18:05 - May 26 with 1612 viewsswanduck

Eurovision on 12:17 - May 25 by yescomeon

Was thinking about this a good bit yesterday. Depends what qualifies as world class, commercial success is the first consideration then you would have the likes of Muse and Coldplay, but there are bands that produce better quality music than that. The likes of Arctic Monkeys, Libertines, Hot Chip & Gorillaz are British acts who in my opinion have produced world class music, maybe without as much commercial success as the other two mentioned but definitely have been successful. Go back a little further and there is a absolute shit loads of easily world class acts, Radiohead, Blur, Oasis, Super Fury Animals, Chemical Brothers, Stone Roses, could easily go on. With British songwriters like Alex Turner and Gruff Rhys still active it is borderline criminal that we have put forward some of the acts we have recently. Either of those two could write a song that would do well.

You don't even need a superstar, just someone who can sing well (and probably helps if they're attractive). The key to many recent winners is the production - I loved Swedens entry and that is in part down to the fantastic production both with the song and the stage.
Eurovision on 21:13 - May 26 with 1581 viewslondonlisa2001

Eurovision on 11:28 - May 25 by ScoobyWho

Israel will enter anything, ask Trampie 😂

The competition is not open to countries in Europe. It is open to broadcasters who are members of the European Broadcasting Union. Israel TV is a member, hence its entry (unsurprisingly they choose not to be members of the Arab equivalent).
Eurovision on 22:22 - May 26 with 1547 viewsScoobyWho

Eurovision on 21:13 - May 26 by londonlisa2001

The competition is not open to countries in Europe. It is open to broadcasters who are members of the European Broadcasting Union. Israel TV is a member, hence its entry (unsurprisingly they choose not to be members of the Arab equivalent).

I don't blame them 😊

The majority of Israelis come from families who experienced and survived ( and in most cases lost family ) in the Nazi death camps, a fact lost on today's trendy left.

Eurovision on 11:36 - May 27 with 1483 viewsyescomeon

Eurovision on 22:22 - May 26 by ScoobyWho

I don't blame them 😊

The majority of Israelis come from families who experienced and survived ( and in most cases lost family ) in the Nazi death camps, a fact lost on today's trendy left.

This threatens to derail the thread but it is a fact not lost. It makes what they are doing to the Palestinians all the worse. They should never have been given Palestine. If they wanted their own country they should have been give part of Germany. Britain has to take responsibility for the mess over there.

Upthecity!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024