Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sausages 21:52 - May 12 with 18013 viewsJackfath

I like sausages.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Sausages on 18:09 - Oct 21 with 2813 viewsEbo

Think we missed the big question to add to this topic - what sauce do you prefer with your sausage of choice? Me - I love a dollop of HP brown sauce on mine, same goes with bacon, got to be brown.

Ketchup is for chips!

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Sausages on 19:04 - Oct 21 with 2783 viewsDyfnant

Sausages on 18:09 - Oct 21 by Ebo

Think we missed the big question to add to this topic - what sauce do you prefer with your sausage of choice? Me - I love a dollop of HP brown sauce on mine, same goes with bacon, got to be brown.

Ketchup is for chips!

HP for bacon, red for sausage

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Sausages on 20:20 - Oct 21 with 2767 viewsGowerjack

On my list of banned foods - Doctors orders.

Full of salt and saturated fat.

Which is a damn shame as I cowin' loves a bangin'banger me.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Sausages on 20:29 - Oct 21 with 2761 viewsMrSwan

Don't like Richmonds myself they are nice after they have gone cold however.

Poll: Do you rate Shelvey?

Sausages on 21:50 - Oct 21 with 2734 viewsswanny

Sausages on 20:29 - Oct 21 by MrSwan

Don't like Richmonds myself they are nice after they have gone cold however.

am now concerned that you may be my OH in disguise...trying to tell me that you don't like my sausage of choice.
You've never complained up until now?

'Sorry, your password must contain a capital letter, two numbers, a symbol, an inspiring message, a spell, a gang sign, a hieroglyph and the blood of a virgin"

Sausages on 21:55 - Oct 21 with 2731 viewswaynekerr55

Sausages on 20:20 - Oct 21 by Gowerjack

On my list of banned foods - Doctors orders.

Full of salt and saturated fat.

Which is a damn shame as I cowin' loves a bangin'banger me.

Have you had a look at Tim Noakes on Twitter. It's not the fat that kills you it's the sugar.

Well worth a view

Have a gander at this:

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Sausages on 23:26 - Oct 21 with 2715 viewsKingBony

Sausages on 18:09 - Oct 21 by Ebo

Ketchup is for chips!

Always preferred mine plain for some reason, I like both red and brown sauce but not on a sausage or bacon butty. I like the butter and taste of the meat and bread. Yummy!! I might actually go downstairs and cook some up now. Nice one Fathy

Daddy Daddy cool, Daddy Daddy cool

Sausages on 01:58 - Oct 22 with 2697 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Roger Thomas the butcher in sketty did award winning sausages in many assorted flavours.
Superb sausages they were.
Sadly he's retired now ,lovely man & the shop is now flats by the look of it.

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Login to get fewer ads

Sausages on 11:13 - Oct 22 with 2638 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Sausages on 08:43 - May 13 by swanny

Porkinsons Bangers - I don't know if these are still made, but you won't find a finer sausage. Bog standard Richmond Irish Recipe are my normal sausage of choice and I do not wish to know what goes in them or how they are made.
I too dislike herbs (particularly sage) in sausages - there's no need.

Oh I couldn't agree more. On a slightly related point since when did chorizo sausage become the norm in paella? I used to like the paella tubs Tesco in Llanelli did, honestly they were fantastic for a microwave meal!
You're right though Swanny , herbs or garlic in sausages makes them taste like they've gone off.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Sausages on 11:18 - Oct 22 with 2637 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Sausages on 01:58 - Oct 22 by oh_tommy_tommy

Roger Thomas the butcher in sketty did award winning sausages in many assorted flavours.

I've queued many a time for a Christmas turkey there. A sad loss to the community, but killay precinct butchers are stepping up to the mark now.

Sausages on 11:55 - Oct 22 with 2620 viewsBLAZE

Tescos Cumberland sausage that you can buy at the cooked chicken counter has always been my personal favourite. And I like my sausages.

Although for some strange reason that I'm sure makes perfect sense to Mr Tesco, the stores up here in Cumbria rarely sell it. All the butchers sell their own though. I was recently given a 5lb. cumberland sausage - it must've been about 4 foot long, and the girth was magnificent . It didn't last long.
Sausages on 15:07 - Oct 22 with 2574 viewsMrSwerve

Richmonds for me. Leave them stew for an hour in some home made onion gravy and serve with swede and potato mash...lush.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Sausages on 16:38 - Oct 22 with 2551 viewsLord_Bony

I like the German Christmas fare ones in the town centre when those stalls are up

The smell of those bratwurst cooking on the wood is enough to make me want to ravenously devour one...even if I just eaten...

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=

[Post edited 22 Oct 2014 16:49]

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Sausages on 18:06 - Oct 22 with 2522 viewsEbo

I am quite partial to a Kabaons with some freshly baked bread and some nice cheese. But I do love apple and pork sausages as well as the Bratwurst they sell at the christmas markets.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Sausages on 00:20 - Oct 23 with 2470 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Sausages on 11:55 - Oct 22 by BLAZE

Tescos Cumberland sausage that you can buy at the cooked chicken counter has always been my personal favourite. And I like my sausages.

Although for some strange reason that I'm sure makes perfect sense to Mr Tesco, the stores up here in Cumbria rarely sell it. All the butchers sell their own though. I was recently given a 5lb. cumberland sausage - it must've been about 4 foot long, and the girth was magnificent . It didn't last long.

That's only because you cowin live there mun

Sausages on 09:41 - Oct 23 with 2424 viewsBLAZE

Cumberland sausage has been my favourite since before I could point to Cumbria on a map. Moving here was a happy coincidence.... or maybe it was fate
Sausages on 04:37 - Aug 8 with 2070 viewsLord_Bony

Sausages on 21:55 - Oct 21 by waynekerr55

Have you had a look at Tim Noakes on Twitter. It's not the fat that kills you it's the sugar.

Well worth a view

Have a gander at this:

Interesting.

Low calorie health foods make you much hungrier so you eat more.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Sausages on 08:10 - Aug 8 with 2033 viewswaynekerr55

Sausages on 04:37 - Aug 8 by Lord_Bony

Interesting.

Low calorie health foods make you much hungrier so you eat more.

Not all calories are equal m'lud. They're metabolised in different ways.

Excess sugar triggers insulin release which converts sugar into fat. There's also a growing body of research that links sugar to clogging arteries (arterio and atherosclerosis).

The established order are doing their best to stop prof Noakes spreading a more balanced view on nutrition.

He's also done some prominent research into hydration. Deaths at marathons are caused by over hydration, not dehydration. Well worth a gander on n YouTube

Sausages on 08:14 - Aug 8 with 2033 viewssquarebear

My father-in-law came round for a bite to eat recently.

"Are these sausages Sid's?" He asked.

"No mate, they're yours" I assured him.

"If they're not Sid's I can't eat them. I only like Sid's".

Wtf is that all about? And who is Sid?
Sausages on 08:17 - Aug 8 with 2031 viewssquarebear

Sausages on 01:58 - Oct 22 by oh_tommy_tommy

Yeah. Real shame. There'd be queues down the road on balmy summers days as people loaded up for barbecues.

Doesn't his son have a butcher shop in (?)Killay?
Sausages on 09:37 - Aug 8 with 1999 viewsJackfath

Not a patch on Rees Butchers, Gower Place, Mumbles. They used to come from miles and miles around for some meat in there. Gone maybe 15 years now.

Incidentally, I've just eaten some slimming world fat free sausages, and I must say they were delicious. One can get them in Iceland (the store, not the country).

I'd also recommend "HECK" sausages from Tesco. Delicious and fairly "healthy".
[Post edited 8 Aug 2015 9:58]

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Sausages on 09:06 - Aug 9 with 1912 viewsDan_Swan

Try the brand "The Black Farmer" their sausages are superb!

Still following Dr's orders!

Sausages on 09:07 - Aug 9 with 1911 viewsJackfath

Just had some RICHMOND sausages. A popular brand, perhaps the market leader. They are very tasty and provide a nice bite when breaking through the outer skin. However they do leave a great deal of fat which is a massive downside for me. They are not healthy.

A once in a while treat.

Sausages on 09:09 - Aug 9 with 1905 viewswaynekerr55

Sausages on 09:07 - Aug 9 by Jackfath

Just had some RICHMOND sausages. A popular brand, perhaps the market leader. They are very tasty and provide a nice bite when breaking through the outer skin. However they do leave a great deal of fat which is a massive downside for me. They are not healthy.

A once in a while treat.

Comrade Fath fat is NOT the worry for your WAISTLINE. It's sugar and EMPTY calories in your pint of Dark or Allbright BITTER!

Ps - how have you received down arrows for this thread? DISGRACEFUL!

Sausages on 09:09 - Aug 9 with 1904 viewsexiledclaseboy

Sausages on 09:07 - Aug 9 by Jackfath

A once in a while treat.

Richmond sausages are tasty but they have a very low meat content. Almost as low as the legal minimum.

Poll: Tory leader

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024