Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Summer Transfer rumour thread 08:37 - May 18 with 178328 viewsDr_Winston

Might as well have one.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-transfers-ravel-mor

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Summer Transfer rumour thread on 12:25 - Jul 11 with 9857 viewstomdickharry

Summer Transfer rumour thread on 10:31 - Jul 11 by JackSomething

I'm trying to remember the timing of our signings over the last few years. Isn't it a case of some early deals where fees have been arranged with clubs in advance of the window opening, or a player has been a free agent, then a flurry of deals later on?

After all, there's a bit of a domino effect isn't there? Barcelona sell Sanchez to Arsenal, then sign Suarez from Liverpool, who then use the money to sign a replacement...

Add in the World Cup and things are delayed even further. I'm assuming in our case, it's also complicated by not wanting to commit money to replacements until outgoing transfers are rubber-stamped.

Also add to the pot that Judas 1 and Judas 2 seem to be on the trail of every player we look at or are trying to cherry pick from our squad then no wonder we are trying the "Silence is golden route".
Summer Transfer rumour thread on 12:27 - Jul 11 with 9843 viewsperchrockjack

for what its worth, those who I ve spoken to believe Bony to be good but to replace the shuihouse will need a "bigger" name

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Summer Transfer rumour thread on 14:28 - Jul 12 with 9050 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

I do hope the Gylfi thing comes to fruition. It would absolutely make my summer to sign him back. I'd be amazed that other clubs aren't in for him, but if it's a possibility, get it done. He'll replace Michu as a goalscoring midfielder, but without the unhinged personality. If offering Ben as a swap gets it done then it's a no-brainer for me.

This summer is shaping up well I'd say.

Fabianski and Gomis, looks like Montero as well if reports are to be believed. 3 promising signings in areas we needed strengthening. If we can bring Gylfi as well, I'll be chuffed.

With the way a lot of the deals have worked out we could well do all our business without much net outlay at all (poss Gylfi/Ben swap, Gomis and Fabianski free, Hopefully cash for Michu to use on Montero or whoever else comes in.

A lot of it is just conjecture at the moment, but looking good I'd say. I'm yet to be convinced another club with be willing to pay £20+ million for Bony after one season in the Prem, so I'm not resigned to him going just yet.

Next fortnight is going to be fun and games though.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Summer Transfer rumour thread on 19:54 - Jul 12 with 8770 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Summer Transfer rumour thread on 14:28 - Jul 12 by FearOfAJackPlanet

I do hope the Gylfi thing comes to fruition. It would absolutely make my summer to sign him back. I'd be amazed that other clubs aren't in for him, but if it's a possibility, get it done. He'll replace Michu as a goalscoring midfielder, but without the unhinged personality. If offering Ben as a swap gets it done then it's a no-brainer for me.

This summer is shaping up well I'd say.

Fabianski and Gomis, looks like Montero as well if reports are to be believed. 3 promising signings in areas we needed strengthening. If we can bring Gylfi as well, I'll be chuffed.

With the way a lot of the deals have worked out we could well do all our business without much net outlay at all (poss Gylfi/Ben swap, Gomis and Fabianski free, Hopefully cash for Michu to use on Montero or whoever else comes in.

A lot of it is just conjecture at the moment, but looking good I'd say. I'm yet to be convinced another club with be willing to pay £20+ million for Bony after one season in the Prem, so I'm not resigned to him going just yet.

Next fortnight is going to be fun and games though.

I don't think 15 goals in 76 appearances is quite up to Michu's standard.
Summer Transfer rumour thread on 22:41 - Jul 12 with 8616 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Summer Transfer rumour thread on 19:54 - Jul 12 by A_Fans_Dad

I don't think 15 goals in 76 appearances is quite up to Michu's standard.

Stats/Shmats...Gylfi is as good a replacement for Michu as we could get IMO.

I'm sure a fair few of your stats are skewed by so many apps off the bench for Spurs with a few minutes to go, a club where he was often played out wide instead of in the middle where he is most effective - as we have seen with our own eyes when he wore a Swans shirt.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Summer Transfer rumour thread on 18:03 - Jul 16 with 6715 viewspremierjack

Summer Transfer rumour thread on 22:41 - Jul 12 by FearOfAJackPlanet

I'm sure a fair few of your stats are skewed by so many apps off the bench for Spurs with a few minutes to go, a club where he was often played out wide instead of in the middle where he is most effective - as we have seen with our own eyes when he wore a Swans shirt.

The deal has stalled because Gylfi doesn't want to come here, huw then turned to Kyle naughton
Summer Transfer rumour thread on 18:08 - Jul 17 with 6128 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Who does Dexter Blackstock play for now?

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Summer Transfer rumour thread on 18:13 - Jul 17 with 6114 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Summer Transfer rumour thread on 22:41 - Jul 12 by FearOfAJackPlanet

He doesn't want to come here mate. Too far from the bright lights

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Login to get fewer ads

Summer Transfer rumour thread on 22:40 - Jul 17 with 5905 viewsbargoedjack

Summer Transfer rumour thread on 18:13 - Jul 17 by Brynmill_Jack

He doesn't want to come here mate. Too far from the bright lights

So you've spoken with Gylfi have you???
Summer Transfer rumour thread on 13:20 - Jul 18 with 5609 viewsLeonisGod

Although QPR have agreed a fee with Caulker, apparently he's weighing up offers from "a couple of other clubs" apparently. I wonder.... Although we seem well-stocked with CBs if Chico stays (which it looks like he is).
Summer Transfer rumour thread on 18:13 - Jul 18 with 5388 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Summer Transfer rumour thread on 22:40 - Jul 17 by bargoedjack

So you've spoken with Gylfi have you???

Well he couldn't wait to get out of here for London the year before last . Even turned BR down at Liverpool
[Post edited 18 Jul 2014 18:22]

Summer Transfer rumour thread on 18:23 - Jul 18 with 5372 viewsBrynmill_Jack

What's happening with Everton and Besic? I suppose the longer it goes on the more hope we have of landing him

Summer Transfer rumour thread on 16:01 - Jul 19 with 4897 viewsymaohyd

Just an overall opinion of our transfer deals so far.

If the Gylfi rumour is true I will be delighted. You look at the problems that clubs face in trying to stay in the Prem and the main issues revolve around the obvious: Scoring and not conceding.

With Gylfi and if indeed Bony stays, along with Gomis I believe we have plenty of goals in us. I have no idea what Montero's scoring record is like, however with Dyer having a decent record I think our midfield is well set, both in an attacking sense and defensively.

As for our back 4, goalie, sorted, centre halves, sorted, left back, sorted (If Ben goes personally I don't think we'll be weakened).

My main concern is right back. If we don't sign another midfielder I think we have enough quality but for me though, over a season Rangel, In my opinion isn't up to it any more. Can still do a job, absolutely, with plenty to spare, but performing consistently at the standards that he has set himself...no.

We need a top quality right back, with Rangel as cover. Jazz and Tiendalli are nowhere near good enough.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Summer Transfer rumour thread on 16:33 - Jul 19 with 4860 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Summer Transfer rumour thread on 16:01 - Jul 19 by ymaohyd

If the Gylfi rumour is true I will be delighted. You look at the problems that clubs face in trying to stay in the Prem and the main issues revolve around the obvious: Scoring and not conceding.

With Gylfi and if indeed Bony stays, along with Gomis I believe we have plenty of goals in us. I have no idea what Montero's scoring record is like, however with Dyer having a decent record I think our midfield is well set, both in an attacking sense and defensively.

As for our back 4, goalie, sorted, centre halves, sorted, left back, sorted (If Ben goes personally I don't think we'll be weakened).

My main concern is right back. If we don't sign another midfielder I think we have enough quality but for me though, over a season Rangel, In my opinion isn't up to it any more. Can still do a job, absolutely, with plenty to spare, but performing consistently at the standards that he has set himself...no.

We need a top quality right back, with Rangel as cover. Jazz and Tiendalli are nowhere near good enough.

Besic can play CD, RB and CDM. We should go balls out for him as he's hesitating over a move to Everton

Summer Transfer rumour thread on 17:30 - Jul 19 with 4799 viewsStarsky

Summer Transfer rumour thread on 16:01 - Jul 19 by ymaohyd

Don't be so quick to write Rangel off.
Last season with the Europa cup could well have been too much for him.
Let's see how he is this season with better training methods and less games.
We do need cover though.

It's just the internet, init.

Summer Transfer rumour thread on 20:03 - Jul 19 with 4660 viewsymaohyd

Summer Transfer rumour thread on 17:30 - Jul 19 by Starsky

Don't be so quick to write Rangel off.
Last season with the Europa cup could well have been too much for him.
Let's see how he is this season with better training methods and less games.
We do need cover though.

Yeah, you are probably right.

If we get a top quality right back in and Rangel still performs to claim the right back spot great.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Summer Transfer rumour thread on 23:37 - Jul 20 with 3954 viewsbermudajack

Summer Transfer rumour thread on 20:03 - Jul 19 by ymaohyd

Yeah, you are probably right.

If we get a top quality right back in and Rangel still performs to claim the right back spot great.

Timothée Kolodziejczak

Plays for French club Nice, left back looks like could be Bens replacement

Anyone seen him play?

Poll: Priority for new manager?

Summer Transfer rumour thread on 11:52 - Jul 21 with 3684 viewswoodywoodpecker

What about the two USA RB's and also Nick Powell? we need to add to the squad quickly. I also agree Rangel looks to be slowing down but to his cedit has proved me wrong in the Prem. We have cover for CH but we are weak on the flanks.
Summer Transfer rumour thread on 20:10 - Jul 21 with 3360 viewsOldjack

http://www.francefootball.fr/debat/439/4439

cheeky French bastards

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Summer Transfer rumour thread on 10:19 - Jul 22 with 3024 viewsmax936

SSN's now Gyilfi having medical at Swansea.

Vorm, agrees personal terms at Spurs.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2014 10:21]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Summer Transfer rumour thread on 11:16 - Jul 22 with 2966 viewsairedale

Would we be interested in Saviola I wonder, if Bony stays?

http://www.teamtalk.com/swansea-city/9390421/-?
Summer Transfer rumour thread on 11:23 - Jul 22 with 2945 viewsjasonbromham

Summer Transfer rumour thread on 11:16 - Jul 22 by airedale

Would we be interested in Saviola I wonder, if Bony stays?

http://www.teamtalk.com/swansea-city/9390421/-?

Would be an excellent backup & was only on 22k a week at Olympiakos. Still scores goals too would be a great impact player. Sign him up Huw!
Summer Transfer rumour thread on 11:43 - Jul 22 with 2911 viewsmax936

Summer Transfer rumour thread on 11:23 - Jul 22 by jasonbromham

Would be an excellent backup & was only on 22k a week at Olympiakos. Still scores goals too would be a great impact player. Sign him up Huw!

Can't see it tbh mainly because of his age, we don't seem to look at signing older players.

I wonder whats happening with the Players whose clubs we've supposedly agreed fee's with, Troy Deeney seems a good buy and different to both Bony and Gomis.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2014 12:26]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Summer Transfer rumour thread on 11:56 - Jul 22 with 2889 viewsjasonbromham

Summer Transfer rumour thread on 11:43 - Jul 22 by max936

Can't see it tbh mainly because of his age, we don't seem to look at signing older players.

I wonder whats happening with the Players whose clubs we've supposedly agreed fee's with, Troy Deeney seems a good buy and different to both Bony and Gomis.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2014 12:26]

It's another free agent with just wages & a signing on fee. We won't exactly lose much on this & we would be getting a good backup striker for Wilf & Gomis.
Summer Transfer rumour thread on 19:13 - Jul 22 with 2514 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Emyr Hughes has joined Wigan Athletic on a 6 month loan.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024