Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? 12:12 - May 31 with 84469 viewsTrundle10

Got a lot of different species here at the moment. Nuthatch, Greater Spotted Woodpecker, Blue Tits, Great Tits, Coal Tits, Long Tailed Tits, Chaffinch, House Sparrow, Dunnock, Robins, bullfinch, Gold finch.
What visitors do you get on yours?
Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 20:01 - Jun 8 with 3130 viewslifelong

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 19:45 - Jun 8 by Flashberryjack

That's a great photo mate.

I'm really pleased with it, it was from quite a distance and had to be taken quickly, I expected it to be blurred.
Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 20:10 - Jun 8 with 3127 viewsDarran

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 19:46 - Jun 8 by Jackfath

Can you help identify this visitor please?

Larger than a robin but with similar red breast?

Frigatebird.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 16:46 - Aug 5 with 2980 viewsDarran

Not a bird but a new resident of our garden.

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 19:31 - Aug 5 with 2965 viewsFlashberryjack

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 19:37 - Jun 5 by csf

My wife and I started watching Springwatch this week, Decided we'd put something up in the garden. Put up a feeder with those fat balls in with a bit of bread and had a few sparrows. Filled up the bird bath and was pleased to see about 6 of them using that! Went and got a seed feeder today and a coconut which apperently is filled with some sort of fatty treat. We live in quite a concrete centric place but not far from the park and the golf course so we shall see if we get anything other than sparrows and jackdaws.

If you continue putting out bread you'll get plenty of flying rats (Jackdaws) and probably a couple of the four legged ones as well.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 21:49 - Aug 18 with 2890 viewskarnataka

For about 4 weeks now, this little chap has been visiting our garden every 3 or 4 days. I've heard him regularly and seen him in flight but whenever I've tried to get a picture, as soon as we're in line of sight to each other, he's off but today he flew to a tree that still enabled me to see him from where I was standing and as my camera was still ready, I managed to get one shot. Here he is, not much of him I know but enough to know he's a Little Owl.

I'm sure he'll stay around for a few weeks more so who knows, I might yet get a better pic.
Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 22:20 - Aug 18 with 2880 viewslonglostjack

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 20:10 - Jun 8 by Darran

Frigatebird.

Redstart? Edit - They make a whoosh sound with their wings 😄
[Post edited 18 Aug 2016 22:25]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 22:23 - Aug 18 with 2872 viewsDarran

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 21:49 - Aug 18 by karnataka

For about 4 weeks now, this little chap has been visiting our garden every 3 or 4 days. I've heard him regularly and seen him in flight but whenever I've tried to get a picture, as soon as we're in line of sight to each other, he's off but today he flew to a tree that still enabled me to see him from where I was standing and as my camera was still ready, I managed to get one shot. Here he is, not much of him I know but enough to know he's a Little Owl.

I'm sure he'll stay around for a few weeks more so who knows, I might yet get a better pic.

That's class Dave we've often got a Tawny Owl at night in the trees,noisy bastard it is too.

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 10:04 - Aug 19 with 2838 viewsjacktar

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 16:46 - Aug 5 by Darran

Not a bird but a new resident of our garden.

Is it Franck Tabanou.

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

Login to get fewer ads

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 10:51 - Aug 19 with 2829 viewsJackfath

I'm overrun with Magpies now. All the little birds have been eradicated. Magpies are pricks.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 12:45 - Aug 19 with 2809 viewsFlashberryjack

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 10:51 - Aug 19 by Jackfath

I'm overrun with Magpies now. All the little birds have been eradicated. Magpies are pricks.

Jackdaws are Pricks, as well as the stupid f*ckers who throw out bread for them.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 18:47 - Aug 23 with 2749 viewscsf

Not exactly in my garden, went to Worms Head today and managed to catch these two on film. Think the little one is a stonechat?? And any thoughts on the Bird of Prey welcome!! General consensus was a Kestrel but I'm no expert.

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 18:48 - Aug 23 with 2746 viewscsf

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 18:48 - Aug 23 with 2745 viewsDarran

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 18:48 - Aug 23 by csf

Kestrel

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 18:51 - Aug 23 with 2744 viewsDarran

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 18:47 - Aug 23 by csf

Not exactly in my garden, went to Worms Head today and managed to catch these two on film. Think the little one is a stonechat?? And any thoughts on the Bird of Prey welcome!! General consensus was a Kestrel but I'm no expert.

Saw loads of Stonechats down Port Talbot Docks last week.

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 19:04 - Aug 23 with 2735 viewscsf

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 18:51 - Aug 23 by Darran

Saw loads of Stonechats down Port Talbot Docks last week.

Thanks Darran, helpful as always!!

My grandad was into birds and kept loads of RSPB magazines for me when i was really young and gave me a big book of birds after he died it was the only thing of his I had. But I never really got back into it until this year, Springwatch and this htread!! So to see something other than a sparrow magpie jackdaw or pigeon is great!

Ironic thing is when i went back to Wycombe the other week, my uncle was telling me about all the birds he has, and when i said we only get Sparrows in our garden both him and his brother said they don't see them down there at all.
Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 19:07 - Aug 23 with 3090 viewsDarran

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 19:04 - Aug 23 by csf

My grandad was into birds and kept loads of RSPB magazines for me when i was really young and gave me a big book of birds after he died it was the only thing of his I had. But I never really got back into it until this year, Springwatch and this htread!! So to see something other than a sparrow magpie jackdaw or pigeon is great!

Ironic thing is when i went back to Wycombe the other week, my uncle was telling me about all the birds he has, and when i said we only get Sparrows in our garden both him and his brother said they don't see them down there at all.

Superb mate I spent another £30'on bird food earlier.

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 19:23 - Aug 23 with 3083 viewslifelong

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 19:04 - Aug 23 by csf

September is a great month for getting out and about,especially in coastal areas, many migrating birds getting ready for their long trips overseas gather in small flocks. Brilliant time of the year for bird watchers.
Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 08:50 - Aug 27 with 3029 viewsNogginthenog

Just had these long-tailed tits on the feeders, part of a family of 6 who visit often.

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 15:45 - Aug 28 with 2998 viewsDarran

A magpie eating a Welshcake.

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 16:41 - Aug 28 with 2980 viewsmorningstar

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 15:45 - Aug 28 by Darran

A magpie eating a Welshcake.

You spent £30 on Welsh cakes for the birds? Oh, and that wall needs repointing!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 17:02 - Aug 28 with 2975 viewsDarran

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 16:41 - Aug 28 by morningstar

You spent £30 on Welsh cakes for the birds? Oh, and that wall needs repointing!

I don't spend money on Welshcakes I'm married and she knows where the kitchen is.

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 09:17 - Sep 21 with 2856 viewscsf

Finally, after however long since we put feeders up, I have seen not a sparrow, jackdaw or magpie.

This morning as I looked at there were 2 blue tits jumping around my holly tree. Could be the sunflower hearts I put in the feeder, wife reckons it could be the berries on the tree.

First thing she said, "you're going to put that on Planet swans aren't you!!"
Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 10:37 - Dec 24 with 2697 viewsDarran

A Christmas visitor.

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 10:50 - Dec 24 with 2687 viewslifelong

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 10:37 - Dec 24 by Darran

A Christmas visitor.

The Grey Wagtail, a interesting bird, similar to the Yellow Wagtail but with less yellow... nice photo sir. 👍
Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 11:07 - Dec 24 with 2682 viewsporschejack

Theres a Jay and a Woodpecker frequenting mine this year .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024