Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? 12:12 - May 31 with 84438 viewsTrundle10

Got a lot of different species here at the moment. Nuthatch, Greater Spotted Woodpecker, Blue Tits, Great Tits, Coal Tits, Long Tailed Tits, Chaffinch, House Sparrow, Dunnock, Robins, bullfinch, Gold finch.
What visitors do you get on yours?
Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 18:39 - May 11 with 3798 viewslifelong

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 18:34 - May 11 by Jackfath

After some research, its a bullfinch. His/Her son or daughter was with him/her too. Great to see.

http://www.garden-birds.co.uk/birds/bullfinch.htm

I was just going to suggest it sounds like a male Bullfinch, photo from Darran further up the thread.
Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 18:40 - May 11 with 3798 viewsFlashberryjack

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 18:13 - May 11 by Jackfath

I have just seen a bird in my garden i didnt recognise. Here is a description;

black head,
orange/pinky breast
gray back
black tail
white stripe on its upper wing when it was perched.

It was a smallish bird.

Any ideas?

Could it be a Bullfinch ?
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 19:11 - May 11 with 3778 viewsJackfath

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 18:40 - May 11 by Flashberryjack

Could it be a Bullfinch ?
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact

I'm not sure.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 19:12 - May 11 with 3776 viewsJackfath

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 18:39 - May 11 by lifelong

I was just going to suggest it sounds like a male Bullfinch, photo from Darran further up the thread.

Just seen that. It could well be the same pair!

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 20:44 - May 11 with 3762 viewsDarran

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 18:13 - May 11 by Jackfath

I have just seen a bird in my garden i didnt recognise. Here is a description;

black head,
orange/pinky breast
gray back
black tail
white stripe on its upper wing when it was perched.

It was a smallish bird.

Any ideas?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 20:47 - May 11 with 3758 viewsJackfath

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 20:44 - May 11 by Darran

Isn't that a chaffinch?

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 20:49 - May 11 with 3757 viewsDarran

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 20:47 - May 11 by Jackfath

Isn't that a chaffinch?

Yes it is.

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 20:50 - May 11 with 3752 viewsJackfath

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 20:49 - May 11 by Darran

Yes it is.

That's what saw.

Login to get fewer ads

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 20:52 - May 11 with 3749 viewsDarran

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 20:50 - May 11 by Jackfath

That's what saw.

Oh yeah I've just read the rest of the thread.youve taken a great photo there Fath.

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 20:53 - May 11 with 3748 viewsJackfath

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 20:52 - May 11 by Darran

Oh yeah I've just read the rest of the thread.youve taken a great photo there Fath.

Thanks. I crept up to it very slowly so not to scare it away.

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 20:53 - May 11 with 3748 viewslonglostjack

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 20:50 - May 11 by Jackfath

That's what saw.

You need to get tested for colour blindness. That's a Greenfinch FFS!

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 20:55 - May 11 with 3744 viewsDarran

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 20:53 - May 11 by Jackfath

Thanks. I crept up to it very slowly so not to scare it away.

You are ninja camera person.

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 20:56 - May 11 with 3743 viewsJackfath

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 20:55 - May 11 by Darran

You are ninja camera person.

Yes. Yes I am.

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 12:27 - May 13 with 3705 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Hummingbirds came back this week

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 19:37 - Jun 5 with 3574 viewscsf

My wife and I started watching Springwatch this week, Decided we'd put something up in the garden. Put up a feeder with those fat balls in with a bit of bread and had a few sparrows. Filled up the bird bath and was pleased to see about 6 of them using that! Went and got a seed feeder today and a coconut which apperently is filled with some sort of fatty treat. We live in quite a concrete centric place but not far from the park and the golf course so we shall see if we get anything other than sparrows and jackdaws.
Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 19:38 - Jun 5 with 3573 viewsDarran

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 19:37 - Jun 5 by csf

My wife and I started watching Springwatch this week, Decided we'd put something up in the garden. Put up a feeder with those fat balls in with a bit of bread and had a few sparrows. Filled up the bird bath and was pleased to see about 6 of them using that! Went and got a seed feeder today and a coconut which apperently is filled with some sort of fatty treat. We live in quite a concrete centric place but not far from the park and the golf course so we shall see if we get anything other than sparrows and jackdaws.

Well done Dude.

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 19:53 - Jun 5 with 3563 viewsplasjack

Recently seen jackdaws, finches( various ), green woodpecker, lesser spotted woodpecker,magpies, sparrows, robins, jays, and a red kite that passes now and then, plus sparrowhawks and buzzards. Feed the small birds, but not the larger ones, and i also live in Swansea.
Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 21:16 - Jun 5 with 3536 viewscsf

Here they are from this afternoon
Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 21:22 - Jun 5 with 3529 viewsplasjack

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 21:16 - Jun 5 by csf

Here they are from this afternoon

Sparrows love a bath.
Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 21:23 - Jun 5 with 3527 viewsDarran

We hardly get sparrows,that's weird.

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 21:29 - Jun 5 with 3525 viewsplasjack

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 21:23 - Jun 5 by Darran

We hardly get sparrows,that's weird.

As you know Darren, sparrows are on the decline, mainly tree sparrows, but house sparrows seem to be holding their own, dont know why.
Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 19:35 - Jun 8 with 3478 viewslifelong

I was chuffed to see this Chough on the cliffs between Port Eynon and Overton today.
Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 19:41 - Jun 8 with 3474 viewsDarran

The wife was worried about the birds in the warm weather so she just built a bird bath for them.

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 19:45 - Jun 8 with 3467 viewsFlashberryjack

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 19:35 - Jun 8 by lifelong

I was chuffed to see this Chough on the cliffs between Port Eynon and Overton today.

That's a great photo mate.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 19:46 - Jun 8 with 3467 viewsJackfath

Can you help identify this visitor please?

Larger than a robin but with similar red breast?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024