Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Palestine 14:20 - Jul 11 with 49209 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

When are Israel going to stop bombing the f@k out of Palestine murdering innocent children .

No condemnation from our government .

It must be to do with the multi millions of pounds given to the government for weapons by the dreadful zionists in charge of their state .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Palestine on 20:39 - Jul 30 with 1027 viewsexiledclaseboy

Palestine on 20:35 - Jul 30 by keeponrockin

One thing I do notice is those that are naturally sympathetic to the whole 'you're a racist' agenda do seem to be a little more loose tongued and tolerant of more near the knuckle talk when it's regarding jews.

I've never been pc so I don't care about saying what I think in areas like this and radical islam. But it is noticeable the difference, you struggle to see many backing up jews.

Conversely, it's some of those who will be quick to shout "PC gone mad" when pulled up for tarring all muslims with the terrorism brush who are quickest to shout "anti-semitism" when Israel is being criticised. Plus of course, a significant portion of anti-semites tend to reside on the far right of the spectrum.

But you make a fair point. It's part of the reason why I always make a point of referring to to Israel as opposed to "jews" when discussing things like this. As I said, their religion is irrelevant to me. It's as ridiculous to suggest that all jews are culpable for the current massacre as it is to suggest that all muslims support jihad, terrorism and radical islam.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Poll: Tory leader

Palestine on 20:46 - Jul 30 with 1018 viewsperchrockjack

I come from the viewpoint that the Arab countries sang to obliterate Israel which is a sovereign country.all the surroundings Arab countries want to blow them away as did hitler.we Brits did fleck all to stop hitler doing this.
Hamas has butchered thousands and it seems is supported. By many.

Maybe just maybe they should. Accept Israel s right to exist and stop firing rockets.nobody as yet as suggested that they should then maybe just maybe Israel won't overreact as they do.fact is Hamas is obsessed with guerrilla war.
Dismantle the rockets and discuss with Israelis.no chance

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Palestine on 20:46 - Jul 30 with 1018 viewskeeponrockin

Palestine on 20:39 - Jul 30 by exiledclaseboy

Conversely, it's some of those who will be quick to shout "PC gone mad" when pulled up for tarring all muslims with the terrorism brush who are quickest to shout "anti-semitism" when Israel is being criticised. Plus of course, a significant portion of anti-semites tend to reside on the far right of the spectrum.

But you make a fair point. It's part of the reason why I always make a point of referring to to Israel as opposed to "jews" when discussing things like this. As I said, their religion is irrelevant to me. It's as ridiculous to suggest that all jews are culpable for the current massacre as it is to suggest that all muslims support jihad, terrorism and radical islam.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Absolutely, I know you're fair and are one of the true non racist - I respect that, however there are some on the left who imo veer more into anti semitism, which of course they'll deny.

I also agree that there is this strange paradox which you get with the militant Zionists.
Palestine on 20:47 - Jul 30 with 1012 viewsperchrockjack

Fair comments

Palestine on 20:48 - Jul 30 with 1009 viewskeeponrockin

Palestine on 20:46 - Jul 30 by perchrockjack

I come from the viewpoint that the Arab countries sang to obliterate Israel which is a sovereign country.all the surroundings Arab countries want to blow them away as did hitler.we Brits did fleck all to stop hitler doing this.

Maybe just maybe they should. Accept Israel s right to exist and stop firing rockets.nobody as yet as suggested that they should then maybe just maybe Israel won't overreact as they do.fact is Hamas is obsessed with guerrilla war.

You've bought into the propaganda, if Israel was to give way to a two State solution things would subside. Jews lived side by side with Arabs prior to the Establishment of Israel scouse.
Palestine on 20:50 - Jul 30 with 1004 viewsexiledclaseboy

Do you really think that if Hamas renounced violence, decomissioned its weaponry and declared itself ready to negotiate that Israel would then be prepared to sit down and discuss a viable, two state solution to this problem?

Not a chance in hell.

Palestine on 20:53 - Jul 30 with 999 viewsreddythered

Palestine on 20:33 - Jul 30 by exiledclaseboy

First example is clearly anti-semitism. The second could well be but is most likely to be the kind of propaganda that abounds these days.

I completely agree with you, Reddy, especially the last paragraph. Much criticism of Israel is driven by anti-semitism no doubt. But much of it isn't. It's the implication that if you criticise Israel it follows that you must hate Jews that bothers me. As I said, simplistic nonsense. I have no time for what Israel has done many times, not least this past few weeks (I accept that we have differing opinions on that) but I really don't give a tiny f*ck what religion they follow.

The tipping point for me is when it goes from referencing Israel to referencing Jews.

The problem is that there has always been a historic tradition of anti-semitism practised against Jews; the irony being internationally, Jews have tended to be the ethnicity that has tended to assimilate/integrate the best.

That however has lent itself a casual anti-semitism being practised. Take for example the soap operas. Emmerdale - around Leeds. Coronation Street - around Manchester. Both areas have the highest numbers of Jews outside London. Big things are made in the press about how great it is those soaps are now recognising ethic imbalances and having Asian characters - where are the Jewish characters in those areas? Is it because unless they're highly religious, nothing stands out marking them as Jewish? Similar skin colour to "white" Britains? Only Jewish character I can remember in soaps was Dr Legg in Eastenders. Oh look, a Jewish doctor. How stereotypical...

I don't think it's unreasonable to point out there is, for whatever reason, a bias against Israel. For example, the non-questioning of photos presented showing children from Gaza which were actually from Syria. If presented the other way around ( ie, purporting to be of kids from Tel Aviv ) I've little doubt they'd have been questioned far more. Advent of social media, I suppose, doesn't help.

One deplorable photo I've seen claims to show the blood on the floor etc after "IDF murdered family in their home in Gaza". Except clearly visible in the photo is a Mezzuzah on a doorframe - a Mezzuzah for those not knowing is something closely relevant to Judaism.

That photo was in fact from the scene where a Jewish family had been murdered by Hamas guys using one of the tunnels. Everyone slaughtered; 3 month old baby nearly decapitated.

If Israel tried that kind of PR stunt, they'd be rightly blasted by every right minded person. The reality is, anybody questoning some of the claims from Palestinian factions are instantly called paid shills... whereas the best thing to do in this whole mess is to question everything, question all sides.

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

Palestine on 20:54 - Jul 30 with 997 viewsperchrockjack

Well possible Andrew. No chance in hell if they don't then they won't. I don't see why Israel should want war as an option.granted in many Arab States it's the norm but I'd suggest they want to live in peace without rockets being fired at them an tunnels built to infiltrate Israeli land.its worth a try surely as if Hamas renounces violence then Israel hasn't a fookn leg to stand on

Login to get fewer ads

Palestine on 20:57 - Jul 30 with 993 viewskeeponrockin

Why have jews been kicked out of so many Countries throughout history perch?
Palestine on 20:59 - Jul 30 with 991 viewsreddythered

Palestine on 20:48 - Jul 30 by keeponrockin

You've bought into the propaganda, if Israel was to give way to a two State solution things would subside. Jews lived side by side with Arabs prior to the Establishment of Israel scouse.

Read the Hamas charter. It's quite illuminating - even more so when you consider Hamas was, from memory, originally set up as a charity and part funded by Israel. That shows why things would never subside, at least not in Gaza.

Equally, Hamas do not represent all Palestinians. Rose to power politically due to the financial excesses and corruption of Fatah - hell, both of those groups if left alone would probably slaughter each other. A fatah cook was thrown off a building by Hamas members after all.

As a result, whilst I believe a two state solution is the only long term option, who do Israel negotiate with? Sure there's a loose coalition, Hamas are the psycho whackjobs who simply wouldn't agree to anything other than dead Jews.

That's why I keep asking people to think about why the situations with Gaza isn't same as other regions.

Ideally Hamas would be neutered politically, but let's be honest, I don't think they honestly care about the ballot box these days.

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

Palestine on 20:59 - Jul 30 with 983 viewsexiledclaseboy

Palestine on 20:57 - Jul 30 by keeponrockin

Why have jews been kicked out of so many Countries throughout history perch?

They tend to be the first victims when they've outlived their usefulness. We did it first back in the 14th century (or thereabouts). There is absolutely no doubt that jews have been persecuted throughout history. What I've never, ever been able to work out is why. Anti-semitism is probably the oldest prejudice there is.

Palestine on 21:03 - Jul 30 with 978 viewsreddythered

Palestine on 20:59 - Jul 30 by exiledclaseboy

They tend to be the first victims when they've outlived their usefulness. We did it first back in the 14th century (or thereabouts). There is absolutely no doubt that jews have been persecuted throughout history. What I've never, ever been able to work out is why. Anti-semitism is probably the oldest prejudice there is.

Easy to work out why - it's the old "Jews killed Christ" mantra for the most part; that has then been twisted to "Jews to blame for everything".

That's why so many "Jews run the world", "jews run the media" conspiracy theories are so popular.

Palestine on 21:04 - Jul 30 with 978 viewsLohengrin

Palestine on 20:21 - Jul 30 by reddythered

Yes, because providing proof for a negative is always required when there's zero evidence for a positive, huh? What next, the Protocols of the Elders of Zion and the Blood Libel weren't actually lies?

Sharon was certainly no saint. Nor were Arafat and the PLO. Damour, or is that not fiting the agenda?

Hamas is the driver for Gaza. Nothing more, nothing less. Of course, given the meetings between the Grand Mufti and Hitler, the numbers dead in WWII could have been higher. Another inconvenience ignored.

The Grand Mufti and Hitler FFS!!! The Protocols and the Blood Libel!!

This is happening now not seventy, a hundred and twenty or four hundred years ago.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Palestine on 21:07 - Jul 30 with 971 viewsreddythered

Palestine on 21:04 - Jul 30 by Lohengrin

The Grand Mufti and Hitler FFS!!! The Protocols and the Blood Libel!!

This is happening now not seventy, a hundred and twenty or four hundred years ago.

Source for that photo? I've a few doubts about the veracity tbh.

Regardless, if you're claiming that happened now, Gaza, 2014, you're wrong. Very wrong. That is not a current photo.

Palestine on 21:11 - Jul 30 with 964 viewsexiledclaseboy

Regardless of who's responsible and when, that is a truly horrendous photo. I'm not sure it has any place on here to be honest.

Palestine on 21:14 - Jul 30 with 958 viewsreddythered

Palestine on 21:11 - Jul 30 by exiledclaseboy

Regardless of who's responsible and when, that is a truly horrendous photo. I'm not sure it has any place on here to be honest.

It's horrendous if true.

The earliest I could find that photo being used was 2009. Five years ago.

Palestine on 21:16 - Jul 30 with 949 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Palestine on 20:39 - Jul 30 by Swanzay

Yeah but it's all to do with anti semitism .

For Fu@k sake this anti semitism nonsense is way off the mark .

There's anti every fu&kin thing all over the world .
Anti Christian
Anti Muslim
Anti semitism
Anti Hindu .
Anti cardiff

This is genocide.

Palestine on 21:21 - Jul 30 with 940 viewsperchrockjack

I'm sure Jews could respond with equally horrific stuff.

Jews / Israelis don't blow up thousands of people as Arab/Islamist/Palestinian supporters do.

Islamist fundamentalism is thbiggest great the free faces.its why,when you go on hold, you face these security checks .its because Islam nutters want to punish infidels,which means us

Palestine on 21:29 - Jul 30 with 927 viewsreddythered

Palestine on 21:16 - Jul 30 by oh_tommy_tommy

Yeah but it's all to do with anti semitism .

For Fu@k sake this anti semitism nonsense is way off the mark .

There's anti every fu&kin thing all over the world .
Anti Christian
Anti Muslim
Anti semitism
Anti Hindu .
Anti cardiff

This is genocide.

If it was genocide, guess the IDF are busy wiping out the West Bank too.

Guess not then.

Incidentally, given someone earlier referenced Sharon's "war crimes" wonder that they'd think of events in Hama in Syria that year. Sabra etc - hundreds dead. Hama? Over ten thousand killed.

No "Jew" was involved in the murders at Hama so I guess they weren't as important then...

But getting back to the point.

Please, please give one serious suggestion for how Israel is supposed to deal with Hamas given the Hamas charter and rhetoric. Give one suggestion how Israel is meant to deal with the rockets and tunnels. UNRWA found rockets in their own schools; clearly Hamas using those civilian bases. Give one solution as to how Israel should target Hamas without civilians unfortunately being killed - I can only hope that there can be something good come from all of this. For all the tragedy of Hiroshima et al, a prolonged second world war would have yielded far more deaths.

And don't give a flippant "give land back". We've established things are nowhere near as cut and dried as that.

Palestine on 21:31 - Jul 30 with 921 viewstrampie

We liberated the camps and gave them a homeland.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Palestine on 21:34 - Jul 30 with 915 viewstrampie

Palestine on 20:53 - Jul 30 by reddythered

The tipping point for me is when it goes from referencing Israel to referencing Jews.

The problem is that there has always been a historic tradition of anti-semitism practised against Jews; the irony being internationally, Jews have tended to be the ethnicity that has tended to assimilate/integrate the best.

That however has lent itself a casual anti-semitism being practised. Take for example the soap operas. Emmerdale - around Leeds. Coronation Street - around Manchester. Both areas have the highest numbers of Jews outside London. Big things are made in the press about how great it is those soaps are now recognising ethic imbalances and having Asian characters - where are the Jewish characters in those areas? Is it because unless they're highly religious, nothing stands out marking them as Jewish? Similar skin colour to "white" Britains? Only Jewish character I can remember in soaps was Dr Legg in Eastenders. Oh look, a Jewish doctor. How stereotypical...

I don't think it's unreasonable to point out there is, for whatever reason, a bias against Israel. For example, the non-questioning of photos presented showing children from Gaza which were actually from Syria. If presented the other way around ( ie, purporting to be of kids from Tel Aviv ) I've little doubt they'd have been questioned far more. Advent of social media, I suppose, doesn't help.

One deplorable photo I've seen claims to show the blood on the floor etc after "IDF murdered family in their home in Gaza". Except clearly visible in the photo is a Mezzuzah on a doorframe - a Mezzuzah for those not knowing is something closely relevant to Judaism.

That photo was in fact from the scene where a Jewish family had been murdered by Hamas guys using one of the tunnels. Everyone slaughtered; 3 month old baby nearly decapitated.

If Israel tried that kind of PR stunt, they'd be rightly blasted by every right minded person. The reality is, anybody questoning some of the claims from Palestinian factions are instantly called paid shills... whereas the best thing to do in this whole mess is to question everything, question all sides.

Are there many Jewish people in Wales ?, what percentage are in Wales compared to England ?, are they only in Welsh cosmopolitan cities ?, are there many up the valleys or in rural Wales ?, just asking like as you seem to know a lot about them.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2014 21:37]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Palestine on 21:35 - Jul 30 with 911 viewsperchrockjack

Yes but we gave them disputed Arab land ethic is what this is about,therefore it's down to U.S. really.Jews have also been targeted mainly because they are hard working,educated, risk taking and look after their own.not bad really

Palestine on 21:36 - Jul 30 with 910 viewsLohengrin

Palestine on 21:11 - Jul 30 by exiledclaseboy

It certainly does belong on this thread, Clase. If we are talking about atrocity then people need to see exactly what the reality means. It's meant to sicken, that's the whole point of it.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Palestine on 21:37 - Jul 30 with 908 viewsreddythered

Palestine on 21:34 - Jul 30 by trampie

Are there many Jewish people in Wales ?, what percentage are in Wales compared to England ?, are they only in Welsh cosmopolitan cities ?, are there many up the valleys or in rural Wales ?, just asking like as you seem to know a lot about them.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2014 21:37]

Can't give the percentage, I'd not imagine many.

In the 1910's there were anti-Jewish riots in I think Tredegar?

Certainly Cardiff there aren't a great deal.

Palestine on 21:37 - Jul 30 with 907 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Palestine on 21:29 - Jul 30 by reddythered

If it was genocide, guess the IDF are busy wiping out the West Bank too.

Guess not then.

Incidentally, given someone earlier referenced Sharon's "war crimes" wonder that they'd think of events in Hama in Syria that year. Sabra etc - hundreds dead. Hama? Over ten thousand killed.

No "Jew" was involved in the murders at Hama so I guess they weren't as important then...

But getting back to the point.

Please, please give one serious suggestion for how Israel is supposed to deal with Hamas given the Hamas charter and rhetoric. Give one suggestion how Israel is meant to deal with the rockets and tunnels. UNRWA found rockets in their own schools; clearly Hamas using those civilian bases. Give one solution as to how Israel should target Hamas without civilians unfortunately being killed - I can only hope that there can be something good come from all of this. For all the tragedy of Hiroshima et al, a prolonged second world war would have yielded far more deaths.

And don't give a flippant "give land back". We've established things are nowhere near as cut and dried as that.

Your flippant replies are enough for me to know what ever I reply to you will be all down to any thing bar Israel & it's barbaric bombing of schools and UN SAFE houses .

What are Hamas & Palestine asking for ????

The answer is easy to find .

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024