Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Palestine 14:20 - Jul 11 with 47891 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

When are Israel going to stop bombing the f@k out of Palestine murdering innocent children .

No condemnation from our government .

It must be to do with the multi millions of pounds given to the government for weapons by the dreadful zionists in charge of their state .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Palestine on 21:38 - Jul 30 with 1375 viewsreddythered

Palestine on 21:36 - Jul 30 by Lohengrin

It certainly does belong on this thread, Clase. If we are talking about atrocity then people need to see exactly what the reality means. It's meant to sicken, that's the whole point of it.

Did you post it in 2009, when that photo first emerged?

Did you believe it was a photo relating to the current issues?

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

Palestine on 21:38 - Jul 30 with 1372 viewstrampie

Palestine on 21:37 - Jul 30 by reddythered

Can't give the percentage, I'd not imagine many.

In the 1910's there were anti-Jewish riots in I think Tredegar?

Certainly Cardiff there aren't a great deal.

Yes not many in Wales, why is that do you think ?

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Palestine on 21:40 - Jul 30 with 1370 viewsperchrockjack

Not flippant as I see it.some pretty pungrnt anti Jewish sentiment deserves a response

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Palestine on 21:41 - Jul 30 with 1370 viewsreddythered

Palestine on 21:38 - Jul 30 by trampie

Yes not many in Wales, why is that do you think ?

No idea. Plenty of people of al ethnicites would leave some areas of Wales, going where the work is for example.

Any ideas yourself?

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

Palestine on 21:43 - Jul 30 with 1359 viewstrampie

Palestine on 20:59 - Jul 30 by exiledclaseboy

They tend to be the first victims when they've outlived their usefulness. We did it first back in the 14th century (or thereabouts). There is absolutely no doubt that jews have been persecuted throughout history. What I've never, ever been able to work out is why. Anti-semitism is probably the oldest prejudice there is.

England not we [if you are Welsh that is] kicked them out centuries ago.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2014 21:43]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Palestine on 21:45 - Jul 30 with 1352 viewstrampie

Palestine on 21:41 - Jul 30 by reddythered

No idea. Plenty of people of al ethnicites would leave some areas of Wales, going where the work is for example.

Any ideas yourself?

No none that is why I asked.

Palestine on 21:58 - Jul 30 with 1328 viewsreddythered

Here's an example of why I'm always suspicious of photos and try to source them.

An injured child in Gaza.

http://websta.me/p/775116383946276059_14638326

Which was actually from the Sahara.

http://www.lematindz.net/news/3470-nbspnbsple-sahara-occidental-entre-diplomates

And that's my point. It's a terrible terrible situation - deaths, injuries. Maybe I'm cynical and jaded by wars around the world - the overwhelming majority of which make Gaza look like a playground fight in terms of brutality, numbers injured and deads - but I realy can't help asking why, with all the horrendous scenes happening so many photos have to be reused from other events, videos faked etc.

The reality is bad enough; the cynical PR stunts I find morally abhorant.

Palestine on 22:08 - Jul 30 with 1316 viewstrampie

I've seen IDF or whatever they are called talking in English on the box and they sound American, it must be all the training and advice they are allegedly getting off them.

Login to get fewer ads

Palestine on 22:09 - Jul 30 with 1314 viewsreddythered

Palestine on 22:08 - Jul 30 by trampie

I've seen IDF or whatever they are called talking in English on the box and they sound American, it must be all the training and advice they are allegedly getting off them.

Or more likely American migrants into Israel tbh - don't forget Israel has conscription.

From what I know, Israel know way more than America. After all, if America were involved with Entebbe, everyone would have died.

Palestine on 22:10 - Jul 30 with 1314 viewsLohengrin

Palestine on 21:38 - Jul 30 by reddythered

Did you post it in 2009, when that photo first emerged?

Did you believe it was a photo relating to the current issues?

I believe that it is a photo of a slain child in Gaza. If you say it was from 2009 then I'll accept that, I just right clicked and pasted. 2009 or 2014 the child is dead, the Israelis killed her. She's not coming back her murderers do though, they revisit the scene time and again with the same result.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Palestine on 22:12 - Jul 30 with 1303 viewsLohengrin

Palestine on 21:40 - Jul 30 by perchrockjack

Not flippant as I see it.some pretty pungrnt anti Jewish sentiment deserves a response

On this thread? All you'll find is disgust at infanticide.

Palestine on 22:16 - Jul 30 with 1295 viewsreddythered

Palestine on 22:10 - Jul 30 by Lohengrin

I believe that it is a photo of a slain child in Gaza. If you say it was from 2009 then I'll accept that, I just right clicked and pasted. 2009 or 2014 the child is dead, the Israelis killed her. She's not coming back her murderers do though, they revisit the scene time and again with the same result.

I agree, if it was a real photo and not a fake - nothing I've yet found has indicated it to be a fake, but I've doubts.

If real, of course that's a tragedy she died. The point is, without the date, without the full context you're making a value judgment she was killed by Israeli fire and not, for example a misfired Hamas shell/rocket which does happen.

My point was more why people present it as being 2014 when it's an old photo. Or use photos unrelated, ie from Syria. Or use faked videos - one from Jenin had dead bodies falling off stretchers only to get back on the stretcher. One scared the crap out of the crowd that had gathered around.

Palestine on 22:24 - Jul 30 with 1290 viewsDarran

Palestine on 22:10 - Jul 30 by Lohengrin

I agree with both you and Reddy to an extent,I saw this posted somewhere earlier today with the headline "Filthy Bastard Blair."
Now whilst most of us agree with the headline it is actually from 2009 and not today,it doesn't help in my opinion.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/labour/4643809/Former-Prime-Minister-To

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Palestine on 22:30 - Jul 30 with 1284 viewsreddythered

Palestine on 22:24 - Jul 30 by Darran

I agree with both you and Reddy to an extent,I saw this posted somewhere earlier today with the headline "Filthy Bastard Blair."
Now whilst most of us agree with the headline it is actually from 2009 and not today,it doesn't help in my opinion.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/labour/4643809/Former-Prime-Minister-To

Use Firefox as my browser, there's a plugin available to help find image copyright violations - basically does a google image search.

Found numerous pages for that image; ignoring twitter retweets, looked for actual web page articles, looked for the date.

It's also good for finding out where photos were taken.

Palestine on 22:39 - Jul 30 with 1275 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Palestine on 22:30 - Jul 30 by reddythered

Use Firefox as my browser, there's a plugin available to help find image copyright violations - basically does a google image search.

Found numerous pages for that image; ignoring twitter retweets, looked for actual web page articles, looked for the date.

It's also good for finding out where photos were taken.

Whilst a commitment to verify sources of information is admirable, it can seem, as yours does, as an attempt to miss the point. No-one, even the Israelis, deny that hundreds of children have been unceremoniously killed during the current assault in Gaza.

Whether that photo posted earlier is of now or of a child killed at another time isn't really the issue. How do yo think the hundreds of children killed recently died? in peace by injection at a local hospice?

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Palestine on 22:51 - Jul 30 with 1262 viewsreddythered

Palestine on 22:39 - Jul 30 by FearOfAJackPlanet

Whilst a commitment to verify sources of information is admirable, it can seem, as yours does, as an attempt to miss the point. No-one, even the Israelis, deny that hundreds of children have been unceremoniously killed during the current assault in Gaza.

Whether that photo posted earlier is of now or of a child killed at another time isn't really the issue. How do yo think the hundreds of children killed recently died? in peace by injection at a local hospice?

Not denying that whatsoever. All deaths are tragedies, though I'll not shed a tear for any Hamas pegging it.

I'd disagree it's not an issue. Photos are placed on the internet, taken at face value with no questioning whatsoever. The question is thus why, and who is doing it. Syrian photos have been used and portrayed as being from Gaza.

As I said, look at history. Look at Jenin. PA claimed thousands of civilians killed by Israel. Then it became a thousand. Then it became hundreds. Then the UN investigation gave figures of 54; half of which were armed combatents - mixed with civilians.

"Israel killed thousands of civilians". "54, half of which were armed combatents".

Which statement is more emotively charged, which is more designed to get sympathy?

We all agree it's a tragedy children especially are dying. As hard and harsh as it sounds... that's a symptom. For long term peace, the root cause needs addressing.

That cause is Hamas. I'd wager good money the average Israeli, average Palestinian want peace. Lasting peace. Rockets, tunnels do nothing towards that. I'd also wager good money that whereas protests are present and visible within Israel, any anti-Hamas protests within Gaza would lead to mass executions with little media coverage.

So what I'm basically asking is what Israel can do? Hamas won't stop with the rockets; Israel could do X, Y and Z, will never be good enough for Hamas whilst Israel exists and Jews are breathing. The long term good of Gaza residents will involve the eradication of Hamas as both a political and terrorist group.

The question which no-one seems to be able to answer is, how?

Palestine on 23:23 - Jul 30 with 1250 viewsJackFish

As I've said many times on this thread, all Israel does is breed more hate in Gaza, they're basically recruiting the next generation of Hamas fighters.

If they behaved as a country that truly wanted peace, and not just peace on their terms, but a fair and lasting solution for both sides, Gazans wouldn't need Hamas. But while they're constantly being slaughtered, and seeing how things have gone with Fatah in the West Bank it's hardly surprising that they turn to Hamas.

Israel has everything in its favour. It's economically, militarily and diplomatically far superior to Palestine, the ball really is in their court in regards to a solution. It won't happen though because they're perfectly happy with the status quo.
Palestine on 05:20 - Jul 31 with 1214 viewsCygnus

Palestine on 20:57 - Jul 30 by keeponrockin

Why have jews been kicked out of so many Countries throughout history perch?

This is a good point. In my opinion there are many reasons.

Because they insisted on remaining a distinct group, and not fully assimilating into the dominant culture. Because their first priority is their own identity, and interests, of course they incurred the dislike of many Europeans and others, especially the nationalists among them. There have been a number of examples of jews caring more about themselves than the country in which they live(d). During Trajan's war in the east, the jews of the Roman Empire (i.e. the diaspora) rose in revolt just because they feared a Roman victory would hurt their business. During WWI, Hitler got the impression that jews cared just for enriching themselves not helping germany in its life and death struggle. More recently, US Jews have used their political power to force the taxpayers to shell out countless billions to the jewish state, Israel.

Furthermore,they have total disregard for the United Nations and just grab land and murder innocents with impunity. They also have around 400 nuclear weapons and deny to the world they have them!

Nothing against the Jews myself but they certainly don t make things easy for themselves....
Palestine on 08:18 - Jul 31 with 1192 viewsepaul

Palestine on 22:12 - Jul 30 by Lohengrin

On this thread? All you'll find is disgust at infanticide.

Spot on Loh, I don't see anti jewish sentiment, most are appaled at what the Israeli GOVT is doing, not the common Israeli who I don't doubt if they have a concience is just as appalled at what the GOVT is doing.

I am neither a Hamas symathiser, but a sympathiser for the cornered palestinian people wantonly murdered.
Why has Putin been condemed for alledgedly supplying the rebels with the missles that killed all those people on MH17 (without as yet cast iron proof, and I'm not sayig they didn't)U and now Russia faces sanctions, yet the f*cking yanks supply Israel with all the missiles that have indescriminantly murdered civillians and children yet f*ck all is said

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Palestine on 10:02 - Jul 31 with 1166 viewsperchrockjack

Nothing against the Jews then? right.

Putin has effectively killed almost 200 Dutch people in a plane probably by mistake but is covering it up.

Israel is being fired upon by HAMAS from civilian buildings and has built tunnels into Israel to kill and kidnap.

As has been said, stop the rockets and then its over to you ISRAEL. if hamas do this Israel has nowhere to go.
It wont of course as it wants only to wipe Israel from the map. Its quite clear and if we were being shelled in this way we d do the same. Sadly this thread is now seemingly about anti semitiism. This will be denied but read what has been posted in previous posts.
Jewish people in this country are invariably law abiding and have tight family units who indeed look after themselves.Oh that we did the same .

Palestine on 10:47 - Jul 31 with 1151 viewsLohengrin

Palestine on 08:18 - Jul 31 by epaul

Spot on Loh, I don't see anti jewish sentiment, most are appaled at what the Israeli GOVT is doing, not the common Israeli who I don't doubt if they have a concience is just as appalled at what the GOVT is doing.

I am neither a Hamas symathiser, but a sympathiser for the cornered palestinian people wantonly murdered.
Why has Putin been condemed for alledgedly supplying the rebels with the missles that killed all those people on MH17 (without as yet cast iron proof, and I'm not sayig they didn't)U and now Russia faces sanctions, yet the f*cking yanks supply Israel with all the missiles that have indescriminantly murdered civillians and children yet f*ck all is said

Don't fall into the trap, Paul, of equating the actions of the US Administration with the people themselves. I've been going back and forth virtually non-stop for much of the last thirty years and all I've encountered has been kindness and decency. For people in rural Tennessee the events in Palestine may just as well be happening on another planet and those images of distraught infants would illicit exactly the same oupouring of sympathy that they do here.

Palestine on 10:48 - Jul 31 with 1150 viewsMillJack

Palestine on 22:51 - Jul 30 by reddythered

Not denying that whatsoever. All deaths are tragedies, though I'll not shed a tear for any Hamas pegging it.

I'd disagree it's not an issue. Photos are placed on the internet, taken at face value with no questioning whatsoever. The question is thus why, and who is doing it. Syrian photos have been used and portrayed as being from Gaza.

As I said, look at history. Look at Jenin. PA claimed thousands of civilians killed by Israel. Then it became a thousand. Then it became hundreds. Then the UN investigation gave figures of 54; half of which were armed combatents - mixed with civilians.

"Israel killed thousands of civilians". "54, half of which were armed combatents".

Which statement is more emotively charged, which is more designed to get sympathy?

We all agree it's a tragedy children especially are dying. As hard and harsh as it sounds... that's a symptom. For long term peace, the root cause needs addressing.

That cause is Hamas. I'd wager good money the average Israeli, average Palestinian want peace. Lasting peace. Rockets, tunnels do nothing towards that. I'd also wager good money that whereas protests are present and visible within Israel, any anti-Hamas protests within Gaza would lead to mass executions with little media coverage.

So what I'm basically asking is what Israel can do? Hamas won't stop with the rockets; Israel could do X, Y and Z, will never be good enough for Hamas whilst Israel exists and Jews are breathing. The long term good of Gaza residents will involve the eradication of Hamas as both a political and terrorist group.

The question which no-one seems to be able to answer is, how?

"I'd wager good money the average Israeli..............want peace."

I think this gentleman would disagree.

http://davidbyrne.com/gaza-and-the-loss-of-civilization
Palestine on 10:51 - Jul 31 with 1148 viewsJackFish

Palestine on 10:02 - Jul 31 by perchrockjack

Nothing against the Jews then? right.

Putin has effectively killed almost 200 Dutch people in a plane probably by mistake but is covering it up.

Israel is being fired upon by HAMAS from civilian buildings and has built tunnels into Israel to kill and kidnap.

As has been said, stop the rockets and then its over to you ISRAEL. if hamas do this Israel has nowhere to go.
It wont of course as it wants only to wipe Israel from the map. Its quite clear and if we were being shelled in this way we d do the same. Sadly this thread is now seemingly about anti semitiism. This will be denied but read what has been posted in previous posts.
Jewish people in this country are invariably law abiding and have tight family units who indeed look after themselves.Oh that we did the same .

I don't see anyone on this thread being against Jews in General or even against a state of Israel.

Did you even read my post or are you just going to keep saying "but they're firing rockets!!!!" as if it's for no reason, or as if that's any justification for killing upwards of 1,500 people in a few weeks.
Palestine on 11:11 - Jul 31 with 1134 viewsLohengrin

"When kindness has left people, even for a few moments, we become afraid of them as if their reason had left them. When it has left a place where we have always found it, it is like shipwreck; we drop from security into something malevolent and bottomless."

Willa Cather, 1915.

Palestine on 11:19 - Jul 31 with 1124 viewsperchrockjack

fish.Its a long thread but you will find stuff you ve mentioned.
Ideally ISRAEL should be nuked and then the land will be back with Palastinians and then ther e ll be peace in the middle east?

Or, Israel gives back the disputed land and quits the assault on Gaza THEN hamas will will be prepared to live at peace.

Or both sides actually get together respect each right to exist and live peacefully or at least without the need to blow the other away.

No chance really is there...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024