Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Newcastle, West Brom, Arsenal ... £115 18:35 - Jul 12 with 8300 viewsUxbridge

Thought this deserved to be on the main board rather than hidden away.

http://mobile.swanseacity.net/news/article/ticket-bundle-offer-1744644.aspx

Anyone planning to take up this generous offer?

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Newcastle, West Brom, Arsenal ... £115 on 21:21 - Jul 21 with 1977 viewsC_jack

There's a post doing the rounds of facebook at the moment, with the Bayern president quoted as to how season ticket prices of £100 compared to £300 is no real financial loss to the club.

Refreshing none the less. How important is the ST money to the club?
[Post edited 21 Jul 2014 21:21]

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Newcastle, West Brom, Arsenal ... £115 on 21:26 - Jul 21 with 1970 viewslondonlisa2001

Newcastle, West Brom, Arsenal ... £115 on 21:21 - Jul 21 by C_jack

There's a post doing the rounds of facebook at the moment, with the Bayern president quoted as to how season ticket prices of £100 compared to £300 is no real financial loss to the club.

well I understand that we're already at a disadvantage to other clubs because our matchday income is low, but I don't really think given tv money that an extra £2-3m a year will mean the difference between staying up and not. I'm sure there are innovative ways we could get at least some of that back.
Newcastle, West Brom, Arsenal ... £115 on 21:28 - Jul 21 with 1967 viewsLe_Swans

Newcastle, West Brom, Arsenal ... £115 on 21:21 - Jul 21 by C_jack

That's a quote from a few years ago, point still stands though and refreshing to see such a big club looking at it that way, most German clubs are pretty good in fairness. Also, I believe the guy quoted is in prison at the moment for tax evasion or something similar.
Newcastle, West Brom, Arsenal ... £115 on 21:36 - Jul 21 with 1947 viewsUxbridge

Newcastle, West Brom, Arsenal ... £115 on 21:26 - Jul 21 by londonlisa2001

well I understand that we're already at a disadvantage to other clubs because our matchday income is low, but I don't really think given tv money that an extra £2-3m a year will mean the difference between staying up and not. I'm sure there are innovative ways we could get at least some of that back.

Our match day income is actually higher than many. It's the commercial that brings us down.

Newcastle, West Brom, Arsenal ... £115 on 21:40 - Jul 21 with 1934 viewslondonlisa2001

Newcastle, West Brom, Arsenal ... £115 on 21:36 - Jul 21 by Uxbridge

Our match day income is actually higher than many. It's the commercial that brings us down.

really ? Including seasons? I thought we had one of the lowest season ticket prices and a small ground hence the assumption. Not surprised by the commercial btw - I think this could be improved in a number of ways.

I actually think the publicity we would generate by doing this would be commercially advantageous anyway.
Newcastle, West Brom, Arsenal ... £115 on 21:46 - Jul 21 with 1923 viewslonglostjack

Newcastle, West Brom, Arsenal ... £115 on 21:40 - Jul 21 by londonlisa2001

really ? Including seasons? I thought we had one of the lowest season ticket prices and a small ground hence the assumption. Not surprised by the commercial btw - I think this could be improved in a number of ways.

I actually think the publicity we would generate by doing this would be commercially advantageous anyway.

Absolutely the PR hit we'd get if we were to reduce ticket prices would outweigh any loss of revenue I' m sure. Not sure whether Ticketmaster would agree though if they take a cut on the price of the ticket.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Newcastle, West Brom, Arsenal ... £115 on 14:29 - Jul 23 with 1800 viewsUxbridge

Newcastle, West Brom, Arsenal ... £115 on 21:40 - Jul 21 by londonlisa2001

Swiss Ramble did a great comparison on Twitter a few months back. Our match day revenue dwarfed the likes of WBA which I tend to use as a benchmark for us. Commercial just about squeaked above Wigan but miles behind rest. Will be interested to see next set of figures based on 2014 season.

Newcastle, West Brom, Arsenal ... £115 on 14:54 - Jul 23 with 1788 viewsMoscowJack

The annoying thing for me is the Club obviously seem pleased with themselves as it's "sold out". At what cost?

Selling out means less fans able to walk up with their kids and see the Swans.

Only fans with the money spare can flash the cash on 3 tickets in one go, especially when one ticket is much higher in price.

It's a PR blunder but I still feel that the Club (not necessarily the Trust though) are smiling.

It's sad and it's not the family-friends SCFC that we're allegedly all about.

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Login to get fewer ads

Newcastle, West Brom, Arsenal ... £115 on 15:02 - Jul 23 with 1773 viewsUxbridge

Newcastle, West Brom, Arsenal ... £115 on 14:54 - Jul 23 by MoscowJack

The annoying thing for me is the Club obviously seem pleased with themselves as it's "sold out". At what cost?

Only fans with the money spare can flash the cash on 3 tickets in one go, especially when one ticket is much higher in price.

It's a PR blunder but I still feel that the Club (not necessarily the Trust though) are smiling.

The club seem to be looking purely from the view of maximising revenue. Fine from a cold business perspective but I'd also agree with those thinking we should do things differently.

Given capacity issues, any fallout issues probably won't be felt immediately. That will be justification enough for some. Of course a time will come where the customers can't be taken for granted like that.

Newcastle, West Brom, Arsenal ... £115 on 15:03 - Jul 23 with 1771 viewsDarran

Newcastle, West Brom, Arsenal ... £115 on 14:54 - Jul 23 by MoscowJack

It's called being in the Premier League it isn't family-friends SCFC anymore,hasn't been for several seasons.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Newcastle, West Brom, Arsenal ... £115 on 15:05 - Jul 23 with 1766 viewsUxbridge

Newcastle, West Brom, Arsenal ... £115 on 15:03 - Jul 23 by Darran

It's called being in the Premier League it isn't family-friends SCFC anymore,hasn't been for several seasons.

Being in the top flight shouldn't change a damn thing in that regard. In fact quite the opposite. Much more scope to do things now, not just limited to that fund they committed to along with other clubs.

Newcastle, West Brom, Arsenal ... £115 on 15:07 - Jul 23 with 1764 viewsDarran

Newcastle, West Brom, Arsenal ... £115 on 15:05 - Jul 23 by Uxbridge

Being in the top flight shouldn't change a damn thing in that regard. In fact quite the opposite. Much more scope to do things now, not just limited to that fund they committed to along with other clubs.

I didn't say it shouldn't I just said it has.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Newcastle, West Brom, Arsenal ... £115 on 15:13 - Jul 23 with 1751 viewsUxbridge

Newcastle, West Brom, Arsenal ... £115 on 15:07 - Jul 23 by Darran

I didn't say it shouldn't I just said it has.

I don't disagree. Just saying it's not an excuse.

Newcastle, West Brom, Arsenal ... £115 on 15:16 - Jul 23 with 1748 viewsMoscowJack

Newcastle, West Brom, Arsenal ... £115 on 15:03 - Jul 23 by Darran

That's very true, but sad.

It shouldn't be like that when such a small percentage of income comes from gate receipts.

We, unlike other clubs, have 20% ownership of the Trust and it's obvious to see from Phil's comments alone that the Trust feel that prices are too high in general.

It's hard to lower prices when demand is 150%, but I really believed that some of the decision made don't reflect the feelings of many in the Club.

The Club are doing so, so, so much right but it's the little things like this that alienate many fans from the club.

As this was a trial and as this was considered a "success" by SCFC, will they be repeating it again?

If they do, they will lose so many potential fans and leave just the "better off" fan to snap up the offers.

It's a pity that the fans who can't afford to go don't make their voices heard, but I suppose pride plays a big part in that silence.

Before anyone suggests that I should choose another club or sport or watch from home/pub, it's not about me - it's about the families that struggle to find the money to go.

Newcastle, West Brom, Arsenal ... £115 on 15:19 - Jul 23 with 1738 viewsDafyddHuw

Newcastle, West Brom, Arsenal ... £115 on 19:23 - Jul 12 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Oh I'm sure they're fully aware. But as long as 18,000 home fans can afford to turn up every week then the prices will only go up not down.

It does anger me that fans who have been attending for years if not decades are priced out. Hopefully enough people will complain soon enough and our beloved supporters director can relay the fans feelings to the board.

"It does anger me that fans who have been attending for years if not decades are priced out. "

I hate it when people come out with this bollocks.
I am one of those fans who have been attending for years if not decades.
I'm also on benefits. And a ST holder.
I chose to squirrel money away each week instead of pissing it up against a wall on a Saturday night. So come December, I can afford to buy an ST.
It depends on your priorities, If I can do it, anyone can do it.
Your priorities obviously lie elsewhere. Which is fair enough. Just don't put everyone in the same category as yourself..
Newcastle, West Brom, Arsenal ... £115 on 15:21 - Jul 23 with 1605 viewsUxbridge

Newcastle, West Brom, Arsenal ... £115 on 15:19 - Jul 23 by DafyddHuw

"It does anger me that fans who have been attending for years if not decades are priced out. "

I chose to squirrel money away each week instead of pissing it up against a wall on a Saturday night. So come December, I can afford to buy an ST.
Your priorities obviously lie elsewhere. Which is fair enough. Just don't put everyone in the same category as yourself..

Just because you aren't priced out doesn't mean others aren't. To just say you need to rearrange your priorities is disingenuous nonsense. All circumstances are different.

Newcastle, West Brom, Arsenal ... £115 on 15:22 - Jul 23 with 1603 viewsMoscowJack

Newcastle, West Brom, Arsenal ... £115 on 15:19 - Jul 23 by DafyddHuw

I admire your dedication and self-control (I can't save like that) but how would you feel if you had your savings planned very carefully for 35 quid a game and then the club came along and said "sorry, pay for 3 in one go, with no discount, or miss out?"

No matter how well you plan or how rich you are, you can't buy a season ticket now so that's the only option left to fans.

Newcastle, West Brom, Arsenal ... £115 on 15:51 - Jul 23 with 1564 viewsPhil_S

Newcastle, West Brom, Arsenal ... £115 on 15:22 - Jul 23 by MoscowJack

I admire your dedication and self-control (I can't save like that) but how would you feel if you had your savings planned very carefully for 35 quid a game and then the club came along and said "sorry, pay for 3 in one go, with no discount, or miss out?"

No matter how well you plan or how rich you are, you can't buy a season ticket now so that's the only option left to fans.

The bit that these tickets have been sold out for the three games? Is that a total sell out for the games or a sell out of the triple ticket which I don't think was the full ticket availability for these games. Either way whoever came up with the buy three get nothing free deal probably didn't think it through fully
Newcastle, West Brom, Arsenal ... £115 on 15:58 - Jul 23 with 1556 viewslondonlisa2001

Newcastle, West Brom, Arsenal ... £115 on 15:51 - Jul 23 by Phil_S

The bit that these tickets have been sold out for the three games? Is that a total sell out for the games or a sell out of the triple ticket which I don't think was the full ticket availability for these games. Either way whoever came up with the buy three get nothing free deal probably didn't think it through fully

it was a few hundred tickets not all tickets. Having said that, I believe there should have been a discount but it is at least trying to address the most plastic fans just buying tickets for their 'big' teams.

Actually one of the reasons (other than cost ) why I think our matchday tickets are too much (particularly the Cat A games) is I believe it leads to more plastic 'Man Utd' 'Liverpool' or whatever fans buying the £45 tickets as a one off rather than genuine Swans fans buying them throughout the season to support us.
Newcastle, West Brom, Arsenal ... £115 on 16:00 - Jul 23 with 1550 viewsMoscowJack

Newcastle, West Brom, Arsenal ... £115 on 15:51 - Jul 23 by Phil_S

Just the 300 tickets that were made available for the "Bungled Bundle" sale. I'm sure they could have sold 3000 eventually.

It's still 300 less than available for the average man on the street who simply can't afford 300-400 for him and his family in one go just after the summer holidays.

You're right about whoever thought it up not thinking it through fully - I'm surprised that the Trust agreed to it, to be honest. Saying that, it was released when most of the Trust Board were on probably on holidays or in the USA following the team.

Newcastle, West Brom, Arsenal ... £115 on 16:05 - Jul 23 with 1543 viewslondonlisa2001

Newcastle, West Brom, Arsenal ... £115 on 16:00 - Jul 23 by MoscowJack

Just the 300 tickets that were made available for the "Bungled Bundle" sale. I'm sure they could have sold 3000 eventually.

It's still 300 less than available for the average man on the street who simply can't afford 300-400 for him and his family in one go just after the summer holidays.

You're right about whoever thought it up not thinking it through fully - I'm surprised that the Trust agreed to it, to be honest. Saying that, it was released when most of the Trust Board were on probably on holidays or in the USA following the team.

while I agree with your point on the bundle, I think you're being a little harsh on Huw Cooze being in the States as he set up all the stuff with the North Shore people in the first place didn't he? I thought (from the pics / articles) that we did some really nice things with the local schools etc in the US to build up a base of supporters for the future.

I think it's better separating those two issues otherwise the main ticket price argument which I think is a really important issue may get diluted by the usual suspects just slagging off the club again (I don't mean you to avoid any doubt :-) )
Newcastle, West Brom, Arsenal ... £115 on 16:05 - Jul 23 with 1542 viewsPhil_S

Newcastle, West Brom, Arsenal ... £115 on 16:00 - Jul 23 by MoscowJack

I think it's only fair to say at this point in time that we didn't agree with it - we agreed with bundled tickets but to be sold at a discount
Newcastle, West Brom, Arsenal ... £115 on 16:17 - Jul 23 with 1531 viewsMoscowJack

Newcastle, West Brom, Arsenal ... £115 on 16:05 - Jul 23 by londonlisa2001

while I agree with your point on the bundle, I think you're being a little harsh on Huw Cooze being in the States as he set up all the stuff with the North Shore people in the first place didn't he? I thought (from the pics / articles) that we did some really nice things with the local schools etc in the US to build up a base of supporters for the future.

I think it's better separating those two issues otherwise the main ticket price argument which I think is a really important issue may get diluted by the usual suspects just slagging off the club again (I don't mean you to avoid any doubt :-) )

Didn't mean to be harsh on Huw at all. How was he to know that this "Bungled Bundle" would be done as soon as his back was turned? It seems, from Phil's comments, that the Trust we in favour of a bundle, but with a reward or incentive. That seems fair.

Huw can't be in two places at once and, from all the reports, he and others did an incredible PR job out there. Even if it doesn't end up in more fans or more sales, it's a lovely way for us to be portrayed abroad.

Ps - I can't argue with you, Lisa. You're too clever and far too quick for me....loved the way you took Shaky to pieces over and over again too!
[Post edited 23 Jul 2014 16:29]

Newcastle, West Brom, Arsenal ... £115 on 16:28 - Jul 23 with 1510 viewslondonlisa2001

Newcastle, West Brom, Arsenal ... £115 on 16:17 - Jul 23 by MoscowJack

Didn't mean to be harsh on Huw at all. How was he to know that this "Bungled Bundle" would be done as soon as his back was turned? It seems, from Phil's comments, that the Trust we in favour of a bundle, but with a reward or incentive. That seems fair.

Huw can't be in two places at once and, from all the reports, he and others did an incredible PR job out there. Even if it doesn't end up in more fans or more sales, it's a lovely way for us to be portrayed abroad.

Ps - I can't argue with you, Lisa. You're too clever and far too quick for me....loved the way you took Shaky to pieces over and over again too!
[Post edited 23 Jul 2014 16:29]

oh sorry - I misread you're meaning.

I agree re the US - and the publicity was great. I equally think we'd get so much great publicity if we took a stand on ticket pricing, i really do.
Newcastle, West Brom, Arsenal ... £115 on 17:29 - Jul 23 with 1481 viewscanhecatchit

Thought £115 is the normal price for all three games anyway, it was last season

Newcastle Cat. B game £35

West Brom Cat . B game £35

Arsenal Cat .A game £45

or has this changed?

Swansea City, my one and only love , oh and then there's the Wife

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024