Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
WRU-Regions Farce 16:11 - Jul 14 with 3558 viewsshandyjack

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/28286510

Warburton was very badly advised here
[Post edited 14 Jul 2014 16:11]

Poll: Expectation for the season

WRU-Regions Farce on 13:42 - Jul 22 with 608 viewscyril

WRU-Regions Farce on 22:22 - Jul 21 by max936

Good post Cyril, bang on.

Cheers mate!!!!!

The devil is in the detail

WRU-Regions Farce on 13:52 - Jul 22 with 595 viewstrampie

WRU-Regions Farce on 13:40 - Jul 22 by cyril

Agreed but watch next season, qualification counts towards the champions cup, no more guaranteed qualification, they will have to play they're top players far more often in the Guinness pro 12, let's see how far the Irish get next year in the pro 12

The Irish have lost O'Driscoll and Ferris but they will still hammer the joking Welsh regions, the big three is a given over the Welsh even if Munster are on the side, but the worry is the old development team Connacht who have generally improved over the years and have made some signings so they might well take the joking regions also.

I'm going for a Leinster v Ulster Pro 12 final next season.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2014 22:22]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

WRU-Regions Farce on 14:00 - Jul 22 with 589 viewscyril

WRU-Regions Farce on 22:06 - Jul 21 by trampie

Yes we need to follow the Irish model, bona fide regions, central contracts, overseen by the Governing body the full works.

It goes without saying there should be nobody on the gravy train.

The stadium will be paid for in a few years, its one of the best stadiums in the world, the four super clubs [everybody knows they are not regions] don't own their own grounds, it will be better for the game in Wales if the joking regions are allowed to die, you can't do deals with rugby terrorists, 5 years we will be back on our feet and we might even challenge in Europe.

Could you honestly trust the wru to central contract the players, come off it mate this lot couldn't do it, they couldn't run the game when it was amateur, I notice dai Pickering was in the paper prior to the EGM looking for backing off the clubs, prior to to that the last time I saw him he was playing, even the great Gerald Davies has jumped ship as he's had a tit full. For starters the wru need to do away with the extra autumn game, the regions have to release a player 13 days before a designated international window, so that's one problem solved, the regions need to be a little more together in playing resources, if the ospreys are struggling one week for a scrum half and the scarlets have 3 fit, loan the boy out he's playing he increases his fitness and gets game time, because let's face it all the teams struggle at one point during the season. Another idea would be to allow the regions to broker they're own TV deal monies and the wru concentrate they're efforts on grassroots playing, roger lewis use to be in charge of the principality BS, he has no experience of rugby matters and as for DP he's in it for himself simple as. But it comes down to power I'm afraid and there's no way the wru are going to give up they're freebies, I know your saying the stadium will be paid off in 5 years but at what cost to our game

WRU-Regions Farce on 14:10 - Jul 22 with 585 viewsperchrockjack

If the game goes tits up then then many will apparently be happy on here.the game is hated by many and ridiculed at every oppotunity

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

WRU-Regions Farce on 14:13 - Jul 22 with 585 viewstrampie

WRU-Regions Farce on 14:00 - Jul 22 by cyril

Could you honestly trust the wru to central contract the players, come off it mate this lot couldn't do it, they couldn't run the game when it was amateur, I notice dai Pickering was in the paper prior to the EGM looking for backing off the clubs, prior to to that the last time I saw him he was playing, even the great Gerald Davies has jumped ship as he's had a tit full. For starters the wru need to do away with the extra autumn game, the regions have to release a player 13 days before a designated international window, so that's one problem solved, the regions need to be a little more together in playing resources, if the ospreys are struggling one week for a scrum half and the scarlets have 3 fit, loan the boy out he's playing he increases his fitness and gets game time, because let's face it all the teams struggle at one point during the season. Another idea would be to allow the regions to broker they're own TV deal monies and the wru concentrate they're efforts on grassroots playing, roger lewis use to be in charge of the principality BS, he has no experience of rugby matters and as for DP he's in it for himself simple as. But it comes down to power I'm afraid and there's no way the wru are going to give up they're freebies, I know your saying the stadium will be paid off in 5 years but at what cost to our game

Its said the only reason the 4th Autumn international is there is because the joking regions wanted extra money, the joking regions are far worse at running their businesses than the wru are at running theirs.

The joking regions and their ultra fans blame the wru for their own shortcomings, the joking regions are independent businesses yet they try blaming the union for not giving them more and more money.

If they cant keep their own house in order then perhaps they should hand the keys over to the union, as the joking regions are failures on and off the pitch.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

WRU-Regions Farce on 15:28 - Jul 22 with 574 viewsSlugster664

WRU-Regions Farce on 14:13 - Jul 22 by trampie

Its said the only reason the 4th Autumn international is there is because the joking regions wanted extra money, the joking regions are far worse at running their businesses than the wru are at running theirs.

The joking regions and their ultra fans blame the wru for their own shortcomings, the joking regions are independent businesses yet they try blaming the union for not giving them more and more money.

If they cant keep their own house in order then perhaps they should hand the keys over to the union, as the joking regions are failures on and off the pitch.

You say joking reasons alot. But in reality the comedians are running the wru and little clubs. The reason you have this appalling attitude towards professional rugby baffles me, I presume it's because you're still living in the 70s? I think if you went to watch a professional outfit and tried to get behind the idea you may change your opinion. Saying that, educating pork may be a little easier.

People like yourself and your little valley clubs are destroying Welsh rugby, not the regions.

STID

WRU-Regions Farce on 15:45 - Jul 22 with 565 viewstrampie

That's because they are joking regions, they are not bona fide regions they are super clubs - Cardiff and Llanelli standalones, Newport and Ebbw which never got off the ground and Neath-Swansea.

I would go for Gwent, Morgannwg, Deheubarth and Gogledd Cymru based at the four biggest population centres in Wales but taking the occasional home games on the road and playing in the traditional colours of those areas.

You know what they say about the standalones [Cardiff and Llanelli], stand alone, fall alone.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2014 15:49]

WRU-Regions Farce on 16:04 - Jul 22 with 559 viewsymaohyd

I don't know about the other regions but i think the Ospreys have done a brilliant job at marketing their brand name since their formation.

They work their socks off, for little reward. The Swans have fully deserved all the success they have achieved but the commercial department have a massive captive audience, the cash cow that is the Premier League has given the Swans riches beyond our wildest dreams.

I certainly though, wouldn't lord it over the regions. They are trying to sell a poor product in the pro 12 and are seemingly fighting a losing battle.

I did the Swansea Half Marathon on Sunday and among a few stands set up on Museum Green were the Ospreys having a go at generating business, for that much respect.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Login to get fewer ads

WRU-Regions Farce on 16:25 - Jul 22 with 553 viewstrampie

WRU-Regions Farce on 16:04 - Jul 22 by ymaohyd

I don't know about the other regions but i think the Ospreys have done a brilliant job at marketing their brand name since their formation.

They work their socks off, for little reward. The Swans have fully deserved all the success they have achieved but the commercial department have a massive captive audience, the cash cow that is the Premier League has given the Swans riches beyond our wildest dreams.

I certainly though, wouldn't lord it over the regions. They are trying to sell a poor product in the pro 12 and are seemingly fighting a losing battle.

I did the Swansea Half Marathon on Sunday and among a few stands set up on Museum Green were the Ospreys having a go at generating business, for that much respect.

I wonder how many Ystrad, Seven, Glynneath, Maesteg Quins, Aberavon fans etc etc went in there to support that Neath-Swansea team ?...... hmm

WRU-Regions Farce on 17:16 - Jul 22 with 530 viewsSlugster664

WRU-Regions Farce on 16:25 - Jul 22 by trampie

I wonder how many Ystrad, Seven, Glynneath, Maesteg Quins, Aberavon fans etc etc went in there to support that Neath-Swansea team ?...... hmm

Oh ffs mun, get over it....I bet ur one of those that moan about the Swans playing in a new stadium!

Why don't you get behind your region and give it some support......oh wait a minute, stay where you are!!!

STID

WRU-Regions Farce on 17:28 - Jul 22 with 524 viewstrampie

WRU-Regions Farce on 17:16 - Jul 22 by Slugster664

Oh ffs mun, get over it....I bet ur one of those that moan about the Swans playing in a new stadium!

Why don't you get behind your region and give it some support......oh wait a minute, stay where you are!!!

Best thing the Swans ever did was move to the Liberty, you can't expect non fans of Neath and Swansea to get behind the Ospreys [some will some won't, but you can expect them to support rival teams to their own].

A proper regional team like a West Glamorgan or a West Wales then that's different, that is what happens elsewhere in the World, everybody is in the loop then and you don't get any disenfranchised fans, every blade of grass in Wales should be covered by proper regions and not joking ones.

WRU-Regions Farce on 17:37 - Jul 22 with 520 viewsymaohyd

WRU-Regions Farce on 16:25 - Jul 22 by trampie

If you're a big rugby fan I wouldn't try and debate the rights and wrongs of regional rugby as I don't really know.

What I do know is that New Zealand and South African rugby have benefited from a tiered system to it's rugby that has seen those nations lording it over us pretty much throughout our rugby histories.

To become an All Black would be the achievement of a lifelong journey, club, province (now super rugby) then the All Blacks. In Wales we'd have players going from club rugby straight into the Welsh team.

Have Wales won Grand Slams and a near World Cup final place because of or in spite of regional rugby, I don't know.

Without doubt, the people of 'Ospreylia' don't feel part of the region, would they really have ever done so, given local rugby rivalries.

What I do know is the Ospreys are the only region. Swansea and Neath rugby clubs also had great traditions. The way the Scarlets go on about the 9-3 game, you'd swear they were the only club with a history, of beating Southern Hemisphere nations.

When the Scarlets wanted to go alone, Stuart Gallagher claimed 'But we represent West Wales', a fair point may be. But why then not build a stadium in Carmarthen, not just over the Loughor Bridge!

WRU-Regions Farce on 17:59 - Jul 22 with 509 viewstrampie

WRU-Regions Farce on 17:37 - Jul 22 by ymaohyd

If you're a big rugby fan I wouldn't try and debate the rights and wrongs of regional rugby as I don't really know.

What I do know is that New Zealand and South African rugby have benefited from a tiered system to it's rugby that has seen those nations lording it over us pretty much throughout our rugby histories.

To become an All Black would be the achievement of a lifelong journey, club, province (now super rugby) then the All Blacks. In Wales we'd have players going from club rugby straight into the Welsh team.

Have Wales won Grand Slams and a near World Cup final place because of or in spite of regional rugby, I don't know.

Without doubt, the people of 'Ospreylia' don't feel part of the region, would they really have ever done so, given local rugby rivalries.

What I do know is the Ospreys are the only region. Swansea and Neath rugby clubs also had great traditions. The way the Scarlets go on about the 9-3 game, you'd swear they were the only club with a history, of beating Southern Hemisphere nations.

When the Scarlets wanted to go alone, Stuart Gallagher claimed 'But we represent West Wales', a fair point may be. But why then not build a stadium in Carmarthen, not just over the Loughor Bridge!

You are right about the Scarlets, Llanelli do actually have a terrible record against touring teams, abysmal mun, they have been man shamed time and time again.

Up in Glynneath [a village as was] they have beaten teams with future All Blacks in the side and teams with Springboks in their side out there in the Republic down on the coast and up on the Highveld.

Cardiff, Swansea and Newport have done well against the Southern hemisphere big boys but not Llanelli, its an embarrassment that the Terks mention the win against an average NZ team all the time.

You are 100% correct about club/ region-state-province/ national team, we don't have that level of regional team, we have club/ super club/ national team.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2014 18:16]

WRU-Regions Farce on 18:36 - Jul 22 with 495 viewstrampie

WRU-Regions Farce on 17:37 - Jul 22 by ymaohyd

Llanelli have always been a de facto regional team, they were the only old first class team in Carmarthenshire [or Dyfed], what lots of Llanelli fans fail to understand because of their unusual and unique position in having no bitter rivals in their own locality [they need to go over the bridge for that] is that the rest of Welsh rugby is totally different.

Welsh rugby is tribal, whether its valley teams or first class teams they will try their upmost to beat their neighbours, lots of Llanelli fans have no idea what the Gwent valley derbies for instance were like.

I think the Scarlets should have had their ground in Carmarthen too, with respect Llanelli is a bit of a backwater but at the time they were the Llanelli Scarlets and not the Scarlets which in the rest of Wales retaining a town name for a so called region is lighting the touch paper job.

Anyway how did the Swansea half go ?, I did the London marathon a few years ago [quite a few years ago thinking about it now - I didn't go back for more ].

WRU-Regions Farce on 19:35 - Jul 22 with 479 viewsymaohyd

WRU-Regions Farce on 18:36 - Jul 22 by trampie

Llanelli have always been a de facto regional team, they were the only old first class team in Carmarthenshire [or Dyfed], what lots of Llanelli fans fail to understand because of their unusual and unique position in having no bitter rivals in their own locality [they need to go over the bridge for that] is that the rest of Welsh rugby is totally different.

Welsh rugby is tribal, whether its valley teams or first class teams they will try their upmost to beat their neighbours, lots of Llanelli fans have no idea what the Gwent valley derbies for instance were like.

I think the Scarlets should have had their ground in Carmarthen too, with respect Llanelli is a bit of a backwater but at the time they were the Llanelli Scarlets and not the Scarlets which in the rest of Wales retaining a town name for a so called region is lighting the touch paper job.

Anyway how did the Swansea half go ?, I did the London marathon a few years ago [quite a few years ago thinking about it now - I didn't go back for more ].

Swansea Half was tough. I've struggled with an injury for the first time in my running career. Decided to do it and got around in 2hrs 18, my worst ever time.

Going to sign up for the Cardiff Half now in Oct, I've done it the last 5 years, managed under 2 hrs a few years back, don't think I've got that in me any more.

WRU-Regions Farce on 19:58 - Jul 22 with 471 viewstrampie

WRU-Regions Farce on 19:35 - Jul 22 by ymaohyd

Swansea Half was tough. I've struggled with an injury for the first time in my running career. Decided to do it and got around in 2hrs 18, my worst ever time.

Going to sign up for the Cardiff Half now in Oct, I've done it the last 5 years, managed under 2 hrs a few years back, don't think I've got that in me any more.

That's excellent and a good achievement, well done, I hope the Cardiff one go's well for you.

WRU-Regions Farce on 20:32 - Jul 22 with 459 viewsdickythorpe

Carmarthen already has 2 rugby teams - the people in the town feel not much love towards the Scarlets. More Ospreys and even Dragons shirts worn down here believe it or not!
WRU-Regions Farce on 20:42 - Jul 22 with 452 viewsperchrockjack

Must have imagined Roy Bergiers going under the posts then and Andy Hills penalty

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

WRU-Regions Farce on 21:08 - Jul 22 with 437 viewstrampie

NZ beat Llanelli 81-3 the last time they played, Llanelli must have had an off day.

WRU-Regions Farce on 22:12 - Jul 22 with 427 viewscyril

Mate I've tried to be nice but it's people like you are probably running the wru, and if that's the case go for a job there and you'll be made for life, they never sack arseholes

WRU-Regions Farce on 22:16 - Jul 22 with 423 viewscyril

WRU-Regions Farce on 22:12 - Jul 22 by cyril

Mate I've tried to be nice but it's people like you are probably running the wru, and if that's the case go for a job there and you'll be made for life, they never sack arseholes

From glynneath too, bet you get your max Boyce album on every Friday, and really go for it, hymns and arias I am a big knob ar hyd y nos

WRU-Regions Farce on 22:16 - Jul 22 with 423 viewstrampie

WRU-Regions Farce on 22:12 - Jul 22 by cyril

That's you trying be nice, oh dear, people like you get abusive when you lose an argument.

WRU-Regions Farce on 22:18 - Jul 22 with 421 viewscyril

WRU-Regions Farce on 15:45 - Jul 22 by trampie

That's because they are joking regions, they are not bona fide regions they are super clubs - Cardiff and Llanelli standalones, Newport and Ebbw which never got off the ground and Neath-Swansea.

I would go for Gwent, Morgannwg, Deheubarth and Gogledd Cymru based at the four biggest population centres in Wales but taking the occasional home games on the road and playing in the traditional colours of those areas.

You know what they say about the standalones [Cardiff and Llanelli], stand alone, fall alone.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2014 15:49]

Hey slugster I bet this bulb here has never even picked up a Gilbert

WRU-Regions Farce on 22:24 - Jul 22 with 411 viewscyril

WRU-Regions Farce on 22:16 - Jul 22 by trampie

That's you trying be nice, oh dear, people like you get abusive when you lose an argument.

Your a wally mate now turn your lights and give your mum a kiss goodnight, play school tmw

WRU-Regions Farce on 22:29 - Jul 22 with 407 viewstrampie

WRU-Regions Farce on 12:58 - Jul 20 by Jackfath

Why did they all give him an overwhelming vote of confidence recently?

Exactly, chew on that one ultras.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2014 22:30]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024