Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
WRU-Regions Farce 16:11 - Jul 14 with 3562 viewsshandyjack

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/28286510

Warburton was very badly advised here
[Post edited 14 Jul 2014 16:11]

Poll: Expectation for the season

WRU-Regions Farce on 16:36 - Jul 14 with 1655 viewsJackfath

The WRU are an embarrassment to the game of Rugby Football.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

WRU-Regions Farce on 16:41 - Jul 14 with 1650 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Still can't believe Warburton signed that contract, will be very interesting if the WRU agree to releasing him from that contract "in the best interests of Welsh Rugby"

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

WRU-Regions Farce on 16:43 - Jul 14 with 1639 viewsJackfath

WRU-Regions Farce on 16:41 - Jul 14 by PatchesOHoulihan

Still can't believe Warburton signed that contract, will be very interesting if the WRU agree to releasing him from that contract "in the best interests of Welsh Rugby"

If I were him I would get out of that contract via some made up clause by a lawyer and go to France to earn as much as I could.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

WRU-Regions Farce on 17:29 - Jul 14 with 1600 viewsmax936

WRU-Regions Farce on 16:36 - Jul 14 by Jackfath

The WRU are an embarrassment to the game of Rugby Football.

Well the Regions aren't helping Welsh Rugby, by suggesting that they may not release players for the November fixture against S Africa and a possibility of them not releasing players for the Commonwealth games, the Welsh Rygby Team should come first, it does in Ireland and England for the most part.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

WRU-Regions Farce on 17:45 - Jul 14 with 1569 viewsJackistentialist

They should never have regionalised Welsh rugby to begin with... Club rugby games used to consistently get 5,000 + spectators, even at smaller places like Pontypridd... now they're lucky to get a couple of hundred. On top of that they removed the Bridgend/Pontypridd region (even though more Welsh international players have come out of Bridgend County Borough than any other region in Wales).

Utterly mad bunch of know-it-all blazer wearing old boys and professional marketing w*nkers who are getting what they deserve...
[Post edited 14 Jul 2014 17:46]
WRU-Regions Farce on 17:55 - Jul 14 with 1552 viewsmax936

WRU-Regions Farce on 17:45 - Jul 14 by Jackistentialist

They should never have regionalised Welsh rugby to begin with... Club rugby games used to consistently get 5,000 + spectators, even at smaller places like Pontypridd... now they're lucky to get a couple of hundred. On top of that they removed the Bridgend/Pontypridd region (even though more Welsh international players have come out of Bridgend County Borough than any other region in Wales).

Utterly mad bunch of know-it-all blazer wearing old boys and professional marketing w*nkers who are getting what they deserve...

Well, you could apportion blame to the money men who thought there was plenty of money in the regional game and took over, only to find out that the money is just not there for the product that they offer, not the WRU's fault that the greedy bastards have fallen flat, the money has already be made by the likes of Gallagher at the start of the Regions run, who was at Scarlets until the money ran out and it all became a huge money pit.

WRU-Regions Farce on 17:59 - Jul 14 with 1543 viewsC_jack

WRU-Regions Farce on 17:45 - Jul 14 by Jackistentialist

But Wales were getting hammered in every game mun.

Now they just get hammered by the 3 southern hemisphere teams while local clubs struggle to survive.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

WRU-Regions Farce on 18:22 - Jul 14 with 1523 viewspansypants

A farce, a joke.....sick to the back teeth of it all.

Poll: Sick of the media love in with Brazil?

Login to get fewer ads

WRU-Regions Farce on 19:01 - Jul 14 with 1498 viewscyril

Part of the problem is that allegedly roger lewis struck a deal when he first got the job, that if he lowered the debt he'd get a massive bonus, hence that's why they won't give any more money and the fact that it's all do to with who holds the power

The devil is in the detail

WRU-Regions Farce on 07:37 - Jul 15 with 1422 viewsSlugster664

WRU-Regions Farce on 17:29 - Jul 14 by max936

Well the Regions aren't helping Welsh Rugby, by suggesting that they may not release players for the November fixture against S Africa and a possibility of them not releasing players for the Commonwealth games, the Welsh Rygby Team should come first, it does in Ireland and England for the most part.

Why should the regions release players outside of IRB windows? Why should the regions give the WRU a helping hand? Why should the regions pay their players whilst representing Team Wales? Why should the regions accept a pittance off the WRU when they are struggling to keep afloat and other teams in Europe are getter funded properly by their unions?

I doubt whether you could answer any of the above as your only probable interest in Welsh rugby is the AIs and 6Ns.......

STID

WRU-Regions Farce on 09:43 - Jul 15 with 1399 viewsmax936

WRU-Regions Farce on 07:37 - Jul 15 by Slugster664

Why should the regions release players outside of IRB windows? Why should the regions give the WRU a helping hand? Why should the regions pay their players whilst representing Team Wales? Why should the regions accept a pittance off the WRU when they are struggling to keep afloat and other teams in Europe are getter funded properly by their unions?

I doubt whether you could answer any of the above as your only probable interest in Welsh rugby is the AIs and 6Ns.......

They all need to get their heads together is the simple answer [it won't happen though] I'd love to see the Ospreys in a Heineken [or similar final] but the success of the Welsh team should be paramount, Australia, South Africa, England, Ireland and especially the New Zealand do, so that's got to be the way forward.

The WRU should make sure the Regions are properly funded to enable the Regions to keep the Welsh Players in the Principality, but they shouldn't be funded to bring a vast amount of overseas players here at the expense of the Welsh players, IMO.

Some will disagree, but that's my opinion.

WRU-Regions Farce on 09:51 - Jul 15 with 1396 viewsJackSomething

WRU-Regions Farce on 07:37 - Jul 15 by Slugster664

The problem for Welsh rugby is the vast majority of the population are only interested in the national team. Partly explains why regional rugby is on it's arse and in danger of becoming a minority sport.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

WRU-Regions Farce on 10:19 - Jul 15 with 1376 viewsmax936

WRU-Regions Farce on 09:51 - Jul 15 by JackSomething

The problem for Welsh rugby is the vast majority of the population are only interested in the national team. Partly explains why regional rugby is on it's arse and in danger of becoming a minority sport.

Is that more to do with the standard of play though? the resurgence of the Welsh Team have helped with the increased interest, like I said if the majority of the Welsh team was playing for the regions that may help, but the fact of the regions exist doesn't help in all honesty, its driven the club fans away.

WRU-Regions Farce on 10:24 - Jul 15 with 1369 viewsHighjack

WRU-Regions Farce on 09:51 - Jul 15 by JackSomething

Correct, most people who cram in to the millenium stadium for a six nations game aren't rugby fans, they don't know whats going on half the time but it's an enjoyable event because they have the day out and can get pis$ed whilst dressed as a cowboy for some reason.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

WRU-Regions Farce on 10:25 - Jul 15 with 1367 viewsperchrockjack

Maybe Welsh Rugby is an allegory for the Welsh themselves. Inter necine strife is not new and it shows that we r e basically a nation of squabbling factions in a land of contrasts

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

WRU-Regions Farce on 10:30 - Jul 15 with 1362 viewsJackSomething

WRU-Regions Farce on 10:19 - Jul 15 by max936

Is that more to do with the standard of play though? the resurgence of the Welsh Team have helped with the increased interest, like I said if the majority of the Welsh team was playing for the regions that may help, but the fact of the regions exist doesn't help in all honesty, its driven the club fans away.

Possibly. When Gatland won his first Grand Slam, didn't he pick a team with about 13 Ospreys in it, they beat England at Twickenham? So the Ospreys had a team full of successful Welsh internationals, didn't help their attendances though.

I'm no rugby expert, but it does seem like moving to regions has irreparably damaged Welsh rugby. The standard of the club sides may not have been as good, but the local communities felt a connection to them and supported them in numbers.

WRU-Regions Farce on 10:34 - Jul 15 with 1357 viewsmax936

WRU-Regions Farce on 10:24 - Jul 15 by Highjack

Correct, most people who cram in to the millenium stadium for a six nations game aren't rugby fans, they don't know whats going on half the time but it's an enjoyable event because they have the day out and can get pis$ed whilst dressed as a cowboy for some reason.

Same could be said about some of our fans, every game you see people pissed up, it probably happens at every club and every international game rugby or football.

Many of us enjoy a few pints before games, but some get absolutely bramsed, same as the rugby, so you can't really generalise in fairness.

WRU-Regions Farce on 10:36 - Jul 15 with 1352 viewsperchrockjack

Steve.
Its all about money.
Wales is poor and has seemingly few millionaires willing or able to put their money into a team/club.
Saracens traditionally were nothing ,don't even have a ground to call their own,like Wasps, London Paddies but they do have men with money behind them so maybe its a social manifestation we re looking at at how poor WALES really is.

WRU see themselves as a quasi Monarchy and frankly Roger LEWIS is man I d like to take my best shovel to

WRU-Regions Farce on 10:37 - Jul 15 with 1349 viewsHighjack

WRU-Regions Farce on 10:34 - Jul 15 by max936

Same could be said about some of our fans, every game you see people pissed up, it probably happens at every club and every international game rugby or football.

Many of us enjoy a few pints before games, but some get absolutely bramsed, same as the rugby, so you can't really generalise in fairness.

Possibly, but I can never get drunk enough as I would need to remortgage my house in order to be able to afford the watered down pi$$ in the Liberty.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

WRU-Regions Farce on 10:38 - Jul 15 with 1349 viewsJackSomething

WRU-Regions Farce on 10:37 - Jul 15 by Highjack

Possibly, but I can never get drunk enough as I would need to remortgage my house in order to be able to afford the watered down pi$$ in the Liberty.

Ah, then you'll enjoy the news I've shared in Perch's Optimism thread.

WRU-Regions Farce on 10:40 - Jul 15 with 1335 viewsmax936

WRU-Regions Farce on 10:30 - Jul 15 by JackSomething

Possibly. When Gatland won his first Grand Slam, didn't he pick a team with about 13 Ospreys in it, they beat England at Twickenham? So the Ospreys had a team full of successful Welsh internationals, didn't help their attendances though.

I'm no rugby expert, but it does seem like moving to regions has irreparably damaged Welsh rugby. The standard of the club sides may not have been as good, but the local communities felt a connection to them and supported them in numbers.

Yep, I suspect that is it as well, your average club fan could relate to his own club, but that's been ripped away.

WRU-Regions Farce on 10:40 - Jul 15 with 1331 viewsperchrockjack

what optimism? That's libel and I ll have you for that

WRU-Regions Farce on 10:43 - Jul 15 with 1323 viewsmax936

WRU-Regions Farce on 10:37 - Jul 15 by Highjack

I wouldn't waste my money drinking at the Lib in all honesty, I'll have a few befor the game and sometimes a few after, but I settle for a coffee during the game.

WRU-Regions Farce on 10:51 - Jul 15 with 1316 viewsperchrockjack

I prefer to take some water and a few sandwiches (crusts taken off) and some Aldi olives

WRU-Regions Farce on 11:24 - Jul 20 with 1206 viewstrampie

Its best if the joking regions are allowed to die, so they can be replaced with proper bona fide regions overseen by the governing body just like the Irish have got.

Welsh rugby should not be held to ransom by just 4 rebellious clubs, the union is made up of about 300 clubs and those clubs should not suffer due to the failings of the super clubs.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024