Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good marketing by the club 10:52 - Jul 18 with 6565 viewsPacemaker

Well done toGarry and the boys selling the Swansea brand in the states. I like Leons comments about the effect of pros making an effort with kids camps. Bound to have a good long term effect for the Swans.

http://www.swanseacity.net/news/article/usa-north-shore-visit-1766618.aspx?

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Good marketing by the club on 12:51 - Jul 18 with 872 viewsshandyjack

Good marketing by the club on 12:49 - Jul 18 by Darran

Some of them can't wait for us to fail.

It genuinely feels like people sat at home praying to say I told you so come May. I am completely at a loss to see where the club has gone wrong since the season ended, yet some fans have a list the size of their arm

Poll: Expectation for the season

Good marketing by the club on 12:54 - Jul 18 with 867 viewsPacemaker

Good marketing by the club on 12:51 - Jul 18 by shandyjack

It genuinely feels like people sat at home praying to say I told you so come May. I am completely at a loss to see where the club has gone wrong since the season ended, yet some fans have a list the size of their arm

It seems to be the same every pre season but it's definitely getting worse, I dread to think what state this place will be in if Things start going pear shaped.

Good marketing by the club on 12:54 - Jul 18 with 865 viewsraynor94

Good marketing by the club on 12:49 - Jul 18 by Darran

Some of them can't wait for us to fail.

It's quite plain reading some of the responses on here, good op and people are using it as a stick to beat the club with, all rather sad

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Good marketing by the club on 12:56 - Jul 18 with 863 viewslondonlisa2001

Good marketing by the club on 12:45 - Jul 18 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

They're just doing what they're paid an insane amount of money to do.

Credit should only be given when they go above and beyond.

In my opinion, this tour was organised very badly.

We have gone too early with many key members of the squad missing as well as out (soon to be numerous) future signings missing.

We only played 1 meaningful match when every other team is playing in a variety of locations.

We've gone to America and not played one MLS team? Very strange.

you do understand that when we come back we've got the rest of pre season don't you?

I mean, our preparation doesn't end this weekend and then they all do nothing until August 16th.

Perhaps you should contact Man Utd / Liverpool / Spurs etc and tell them that they're on tour without new signings so they're wasting their time. Oh and their world cup stars are not back in training yet. Go on - write to them and see what they say.
Good marketing by the club on 12:57 - Jul 18 with 859 viewsshandyjack

Good marketing by the club on 12:54 - Jul 18 by Pacemaker

It seems to be the same every pre season but it's definitely getting worse, I dread to think what state this place will be in if Things start going pear shaped.

I'd rather our summer rebuilding job than say Southampton who have lost their 3 best players and manager

Poll: Expectation for the season

Good marketing by the club on 12:57 - Jul 18 with 858 viewsLiam

Good marketing by the club on 12:45 - Jul 18 by Pacemaker

The person at the front end is promoting the club that is the public face that the punters see!

I have no doubt that someone behind the scenes had said its 10am it's time for pr show off you go lads.

But those at the front end have to sell the club, that was the point I was making and nowhere in my op did I say that GM had arranged the bloody thing!

Feck me if this season goes well some of you are going to be gutted.

TBH I am feeling a bit negative and having a moan, bloody lightning kept me up all night

See your point, Gary didn't organise it but you could say the people doing the orders should have some credit.
Good marketing by the club on 13:00 - Jul 18 with 849 viewslondonlisa2001

Good marketing by the club on 12:51 - Jul 18 by shandyjack

It is fairly apparent that we have fans that are not able to cope even after 3 seasons, with the reality of life in the Premier League.
Good marketing by the club on 13:08 - Jul 18 with 822 viewsSwan91

Good marketing by the club on 12:57 - Jul 18 by shandyjack

I'd rather our summer rebuilding job than say Southampton who have lost their 3 best players and manager

Indeed. And also QPR have said that they still need to make 5-6 signings. Most teams in the premier league have not been that active in the transfer window yet.

We are definitely in a good position atm.
Login to get fewer ads

Good marketing by the club on 13:11 - Jul 18 with 812 viewsPacemaker

Good marketing by the club on 12:57 - Jul 18 by Liam

TBH I am feeling a bit negative and having a moan, bloody lightning kept me up all night

See your point, Gary didn't organise it but you could say the people doing the orders should have some credit.

Perhaps by putting "good marketing by the club"as a headline I was hoping to include all those not named. It was as much about the coaching schemes set up etc. I fail to see how this amount of exposure in the States can do as nothing but good in what is probably one of the fastest growing and biggest markets for "soccer" in the world.

The true heroes are always in the background but to be fair to the manager and players who went and shook hands that is what the kids, coaches and parents will remember and if only a small percentage get a friend to support the Swans in some way it will be a foothold in a massive market.

Good marketing by the club on 13:23 - Jul 18 with 787 viewsScoobyWho

Good marketing by the club on 12:07 - Jul 18 by shandyjack

But that's just an assumption, he could of given the board a list of players he would like and then went to America and let the board work on HIS targets

I don't think so mate, sorry but that's not the way it works, its not an assumption either.
Just the way I see it tho, we all have choices of opinion.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Good marketing by the club on 13:26 - Jul 18 with 781 viewsScoobyWho

Good marketing by the club on 12:10 - Jul 18 by Field_Of_Dreams_II

You're a strange bloke fair play.

Attacking someone's written word with a personal judgement because they have a different opinion to you is more strange or even unnerving.

Good marketing by the club on 13:30 - Jul 18 with 773 viewsScoobyWho

Good marketing by the club on 12:54 - Jul 18 by raynor94

It's quite plain reading some of the responses on here, good op and people are using it as a stick to beat the club with, all rather sad

I see it as more of a discussion about opinions regards garry monk and his role within the club, but then it was meant to be an adult discussion.

Which, as ever on here wont last long when people crop up and blindly make assumptions about posts based on their own, pretty poor understanding of what is being said.

And for you Darran to state that people want to get to May and then say ' told you so' is pathetically laughable, if GM is failing I want the man gone well before that, regardless of who he is. Having opinions about SCFC that differ doesn't make you a non fan, it enables further debate, you should try it.

Good marketing by the club on 14:16 - Jul 18 with 700 viewsPacemaker

Good marketing by the club on 13:30 - Jul 18 by ScoobyWho

I see it as more of a discussion about opinions regards garry monk and his role within the club, but then it was meant to be an adult discussion.

Which, as ever on here wont last long when people crop up and blindly make assumptions about posts based on their own, pretty poor understanding of what is being said.

And for you Darran to state that people want to get to May and then say ' told you so' is pathetically laughable, if GM is failing I want the man gone well before that, regardless of who he is. Having opinions about SCFC that differ doesn't make you a non fan, it enables further debate, you should try it.

I appreciate that but what is your opinion of my OP that the club had identified a good marketing opportunity and exploited it by using the current manager and squad members to support the coaching camp set up by the club earlier?

You were the first to claim that Monk had not organised it which was never mentioned in my OP you just wanted to throw that in so what about the clubs marketing opportunity?

Good marketing by the club on 14:27 - Jul 18 with 689 viewsScoobyWho

Good marketing by the club on 14:16 - Jul 18 by Pacemaker

I appreciate that but what is your opinion of my OP that the club had identified a good marketing opportunity and exploited it by using the current manager and squad members to support the coaching camp set up by the club earlier?

You were the first to claim that Monk had not organised it which was never mentioned in my OP you just wanted to throw that in so what about the clubs marketing opportunity?

Never in doubt mate that the club has seemingly done an ok job in the USA. I fully support the club,mthe board and the manager, always have. And expect them to be able to see these opportunities and move the club forwards. It's just a shame they had to highlight it themselves. And my response was the actual article itself implied that the manager was more involved than he clearly was.

However, the clubs brand is moving forwards at a great pace, they key to all this success is remaining in the premier and ensuring we have a squad that competes on the pitch as well.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2014 14:29]

Good marketing by the club on 14:36 - Jul 18 with 673 viewsUxbridge

Good marketing by the club on 12:05 - Jul 18 by ScoobyWho

I would say he is canvassed by the board, but don't forget its the board that are selecting these players, not him, but at the end of it all he is a yes man as I see it.

Nothing against him, but as I have said twice now,thats why he has the job.

It may well work, I hope it does.

You really think the likes of Dineen and Morgan are selecting our transfer targets? Have a word mun.

We have a scouting and recruitment setup. They will scout a whole range of players. Monk will identify where we need a player and the scouts will give the options. If anyone is signed without Monk's stated approval then the whole lot of them need shooting. I don't believe for a second that's the case though.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Good marketing by the club on 14:39 - Jul 18 with 660 viewsScoobyWho

Good marketing by the club on 11:56 - Jul 18 by JackSomething

We're so lucky to have you with all your inside knowledge of how the club works. How do you do it?

I reflect on things as they are, then from what I know I draw a viewpoint, then collecting all the information together I form an opinion. It's what adults do when decision making and problem solving. I wouldn't expect you to understand. If you see me as someone with inside knowledge, then you are clearly a follower of what other people say, if your point is a sarcastic one then that merely reflects your immaturity. If indeed as I suspect your just looking to ridicule because your lack of understanding of adult interaction is such that you need to ridicule then your jibe at me is pointless, and wasteful of air and time,

All I am doing is offering a viewpoint as to how I see things based on what I have explained to you. If you still desire to insult me, then I am extremely happy to have a differing opinion to you, it merely reinforces my point.

I hope one day this becomes clear.

Good marketing by the club on 14:39 - Jul 18 with 657 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Good marketing by the club on 14:36 - Jul 18 by Uxbridge

You really think the likes of Dineen and Morgan are selecting our transfer targets? Have a word mun.

We have a scouting and recruitment setup. They will scout a whole range of players. Monk will identify where we need a player and the scouts will give the options. If anyone is signed without Monk's stated approval then the whole lot of them need shooting. I don't believe for a second that's the case though.

Our board have an illustrious history of signing players they deem a good investment who you would think weren't what our manager was looking for. They've even signed players when he had no manager.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing as the first example that pops into my head is Neil Taylor who was signed just before Sousa arrived I think?

Other ones that spring to mind are Trundle coming back under Sousa and Marvin Emnes coming in under Laudrup.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Good marketing by the club on 14:41 - Jul 18 with 649 viewsField_Of_Dreams_II

Good marketing by the club on 13:26 - Jul 18 by ScoobyWho

Attacking someone's written word with a personal judgement because they have a different opinion to you is more strange or even unnerving.

As i said, you are very strange.

Poll: What would you rather see.....

Good marketing by the club on 14:42 - Jul 18 with 647 viewsScoobyWho

Good marketing by the club on 14:36 - Jul 18 by Uxbridge

So,you genuinely believe after clearing his throat Laudrup sat down with the board and said
' gentlemen, I have come to the conclusion we need to sign Emnes and Ngog.

I am having a word with myself Ux, trust me I am ..... Mun.

Good marketing by the club on 14:46 - Jul 18 with 635 viewsSlugster664

Good marketing by the club on 11:37 - Jul 18 by ScoobyWho

Its his job , he complies within the terms of his employment to do these things. To promote the club as the manager is one of those things I agree. But people making comments about him being the driving force is far off the mark. He was sent there by the club, just like he is sent players to train by the board. He does as he is told, which was one of the reasons the board found him an attractive proposition as manager.

Did the board tell you this?

STID

Good marketing by the club on 14:46 - Jul 18 with 635 viewsUxbridge

Good marketing by the club on 14:42 - Jul 18 by ScoobyWho

So,you genuinely believe after clearing his throat Laudrup sat down with the board and said
' gentlemen, I have come to the conclusion we need to sign Emnes and Ngog.

I am having a word with myself Ux, trust me I am ..... Mun.

I'm saying that Laudrup signed off on them, yes. I doubt Laudrup knew of their existence beforehand but no way the club signs someone without the manager's approval. It's pointless. He simply won't play them otherwise.

I could worry about Monk in many regards. Being a yes man just ain't one that springs to mind.

Good marketing by the club on 14:47 - Jul 18 with 625 viewsScoobyWho

Good marketing by the club on 14:46 - Jul 18 by Slugster664

Did the board tell you this?

See above post regards how to work out the obvious and form an opinion.

Good marketing by the club on 14:49 - Jul 18 with 613 viewsUxbridge

Good marketing by the club on 14:39 - Jul 18 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Our board have an illustrious history of signing players they deem a good investment who you would think weren't what our manager was looking for. They've even signed players when he had no manager.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing as the first example that pops into my head is Neil Taylor who was signed just before Sousa arrived I think?

Other ones that spring to mind are Trundle coming back under Sousa and Marvin Emnes coming in under Laudrup.

Taylor was a kid we took a punt on based on the recommendation of one of the coaches. Curt I believe. Not sure he was even expected to be a first teamer back then.

I'm certainly not going to say our recruitment setup hasn't been very outward looking in the past, but I don't believe for a second we go signing first team players without the manager agreeing to it.

Good marketing by the club on 14:54 - Jul 18 with 600 viewsScoobyWho

Good marketing by the club on 14:46 - Jul 18 by Uxbridge

I'm saying that Laudrup signed off on them, yes. I doubt Laudrup knew of their existence beforehand but no way the club signs someone without the manager's approval. It's pointless. He simply won't play them otherwise.

I could worry about Monk in many regards. Being a yes man just ain't one that springs to mind.

Thats fair enough. I just don't Have faith in Monk to creatively locate and trace the right type of players is my main point, and I genuinely believe the majority of these signings are sourced by others. Of course he will be involved in any signing off process, the board wouldn't undermine him to that extent. However, he is in employment as manager because he is pliable and able to coach the Swansea way as it is called. And the devil they know is far better for the board to manoeuvre than say a real experienced manager like Redknapp or Ferguson was.

Because both of the latter wouldn't tolerate it.

As I have said I hope it works out for the club, because being a fan of the club ( and not of players or individuals ) it is imperative it succeeds for us to all enjoy a brighter future.

Good marketing by the club on 15:02 - Jul 18 with 585 viewsJackSomething

Good marketing by the club on 14:39 - Jul 18 by ScoobyWho

I reflect on things as they are, then from what I know I draw a viewpoint, then collecting all the information together I form an opinion. It's what adults do when decision making and problem solving. I wouldn't expect you to understand. If you see me as someone with inside knowledge, then you are clearly a follower of what other people say, if your point is a sarcastic one then that merely reflects your immaturity. If indeed as I suspect your just looking to ridicule because your lack of understanding of adult interaction is such that you need to ridicule then your jibe at me is pointless, and wasteful of air and time,

All I am doing is offering a viewpoint as to how I see things based on what I have explained to you. If you still desire to insult me, then I am extremely happy to have a differing opinion to you, it merely reinforces my point.

I hope one day this becomes clear.

No, I see you as someone who thinks you have inside knowledge. Strange that for someone who is so perceptive and open to debate, you have resorted to personal attacks in this post.

Not quite as adult as you like to think you are possibly?

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024