Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Defence 14:19 - Jul 20 with 10932 viewsdeanscfc

Surely ours needs improving, not weakening??

For much of last season our defence looked weak and we let in goals at the wrong times causing us to lose games we should have at least drawn, if not won. Rangel is getting on a bit and looked slow in the highlights from last nights game and now our left back is going. Anyone else think we at least need good cover for a right back?
Defence on 16:38 - Jul 23 with 1029 viewseastbanker

Defence on 11:07 - Jul 22 by Daggyjack

You were right though, it will be a long hard season.....for the poor souls sat next to you at the Liberty every other weekend!!

Fortunately I'm surrounded by people who are not afraid to enter into debate with someone who's opinion differs with theirs. They are grown ups who do not use a poor attempt at humour or insults because they have insufficient intelligence to continue with an adult conversation. We've had numerous differences of opinions over the years, including at The Vetch, as to the merits of players. Despite opinions being poles apart not one of us has ever tried one of your pathetic put downs to end a discussion.
Defence on 16:49 - Jul 23 with 997 viewsDaggyjack

Defence on 16:38 - Jul 23 by eastbanker

Fortunately I'm surrounded by people who are not afraid to enter into debate with someone who's opinion differs with theirs. They are grown ups who do not use a poor attempt at humour or insults because they have insufficient intelligence to continue with an adult conversation. We've had numerous differences of opinions over the years, including at The Vetch, as to the merits of players. Despite opinions being poles apart not one of us has ever tried one of your pathetic put downs to end a discussion.

Insuffiecient intelligence, poor humour, insults...
Continuously using the nickname "Flapihandski" (until you were told on the thread how pathetic you sounded), sarcastically saying Lisa must have a "pro licence"
and you're how old???
Dear o dear.
Defence on 18:15 - Jul 23 with 949 viewsPhil_S

Defence on 16:38 - Jul 23 by eastbanker

I know but one day if you carry on watching the game you wont need that poor attempt at humour or insults to have the adult conversation you so desire.

I think you find people fall to the level that you created so it seems pointless trying to claim that it was others that got there first
Defence on 18:51 - Jul 24 with 884 viewseastbanker

Defence on 16:49 - Jul 23 by Daggyjack

Insuffiecient intelligence, poor humour, insults...
Continuously using the nickname "Flapihandski" (until you were told on the thread how pathetic you sounded), sarcastically saying Lisa must have a "pro licence"
and you're how old???
Dear o dear.

Insufficient intelligence - that coming from you is absolutely hysterical!
Using the nickname commonly used by Gooners and is unanimously accepted by those who've witnessed his attempts at catching crosses does not make anyone sound pathetic. Tho only pathetic ones on this board are those who are so one-eyed that they genuinely believe any one who signs for the Swans will automatically become a better player. The retort to Lisa regarding her pro-licence was directed at her comments regarding my inability to recognise a good player, I assumed she had coaching qualifications as she seems so sure that our new custodian is a wonderful acquisition. My age and intelligence are of no significance however, for the record I am 52 years old, have countless qualifications both academic and sports related and have experience in coaching, and soccer administration. I have also been a season ticket holder since 1966/67 season and missed only a handful of home matches during those 48 seasons. Oh, and I have a goalkeeper coaching qualification.
I also have an opinion and do not worry myself if they differ to other posters. That is what makes this sport so wonderful, everyone has an opinion and in a democracy we are allowed to voice them. You attempt to insult me by questioning my age, yet are critical when I use "poor humour and insults". Pot, kettle, black spring to mind.
Defence on 18:59 - Jul 24 with 869 viewsskippyjack

Defence on 18:51 - Jul 24 by eastbanker

Using the nickname commonly used by Gooners and is unanimously accepted by those who've witnessed his attempts at catching crosses does not make anyone sound pathetic. Tho only pathetic ones on this board are those who are so one-eyed that they genuinely believe any one who signs for the Swans will automatically become a better player. The retort to Lisa regarding her pro-licence was directed at her comments regarding my inability to recognise a good player, I assumed she had coaching qualifications as she seems so sure that our new custodian is a wonderful acquisition. My age and intelligence are of no significance however, for the record I am 52 years old, have countless qualifications both academic and sports related and have experience in coaching, and soccer administration. I have also been a season ticket holder since 1966/67 season and missed only a handful of home matches during those 48 seasons. Oh, and I have a goalkeeper coaching qualification.
I also have an opinion and do not worry myself if they differ to other posters. That is what makes this sport so wonderful, everyone has an opinion and in a democracy we are allowed to voice them. You attempt to insult me by questioning my age, yet are critical when I use "poor humour and insults". Pot, kettle, black spring to mind.

You still might have insufficient intelligence.. saying to sign Valdes for one.. an arrogant past it 'flapper'.. looking for a pay day.. Flappyhandski left arsenal for game time.. how far has your coaching got you?.. and isn't improving a player part of coaching?..
[Post edited 24 Jul 2014 19:04]

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Defence on 20:29 - Jul 24 with 823 viewseastbanker

Defence on 18:59 - Jul 24 by skippyjack

You still might have insufficient intelligence.. saying to sign Valdes for one.. an arrogant past it 'flapper'.. looking for a pay day.. Flappyhandski left arsenal for game time.. how far has your coaching got you?.. and isn't improving a player part of coaching?..
[Post edited 24 Jul 2014 19:04]

I was not suggesting we signed Valdes, I was challenged to suggest other targets that were available. My coaching has got me far enough thanks, improving is part of coaching however at 29 years of age and playing for most of his life you would have thought he might have grasped the basics by now. At this stage of any players career its about fine tuning not teaching him how to form a "W" with your hands behind the ball in order to catch it. Lets just agree to differ, you may rate this guy: i don't lets see who's correct over the course of a season. If, as I suggest he makes numerous mistakes during the year, so be it. However, if he proves to be the next Manuel Neuer I will be delighted. And grown up enough to come on here and admit it. This post has now got to the stage where its a case of suck it and see.
Defence on 22:00 - Jul 24 with 778 viewsDaggyjack

EB- you did stop using the "pathetic" nickname after being shown that you were using it over and over again for no apparent purpose, maybe it was coincidence. I asked your age as I wouldn't have expected that type of post from someone of your age.

You also said that Fabianski is only a little better than Peter Guthrie, so whilst a forum is, of course, for people to agree and disagree, perhaps it was the perceived manor of some of your posts that people took exception to. Anyway, I agree, let's move on.

It really isn't a case of being "one-eyed with the players we sign, it's a case of trusting the transfers that are made and hoping that they will do well for SCFC. I do feel that all players who sign for SCFC are entitled to be given a chance and not slated before they've even worn the jersey though. Bony is a prime example of this as he was criticised for months last season.

We do seem to be a club that players seem to improve at and feel settled at and valued. Routledge played for Palace, Spurs, Fulham, Villa and Newcastle in the PL without scoring or settling but now seems to have found his club. Shelvey is another.

So whether it's Gomis and Siggy or the kids that have arrived from Scotland, I feel that they all deserve the time to settle and make their mark. It also goes without saying that they deserve our support.

Anyway, back on thread, are we happy with our defensive set up?

GK - Fabianski and Tremmel.
RB - Rangel and Tiendalli.
LB - Taylor and Kingsley.
CB - Williams, Chico, Amat and Bartley.

I feel that we need cover and competition for Rangel at RB but am not sure who.
The same could be said at LB as competition for Taylor (Kingsley is very highly rated in Scotland even as an international in the not too distant future but maybe needs time to develop). I would bring in Kolodziejczak from Nice. Highly rated it seems, available for £4 million and can also play at CB (he is 6 foot 1).
Defence on 22:08 - Jul 24 with 774 views1jack

Defence on 16:40 - Jul 20 by eastbanker

In his 7 season at Arsenal he played 80 games in all competitions and conceded 89 goals. Hardly awe inspiring is it?
Vorm is by far a better goalkeeper, hence the interest from the so called "big clubs". As for Flappyhandski being offered £50k a week to stay at Arsenal, makes you wonder what they would pay a good keeper.

That's as maybe, but he was their 2nd 'keeper, played in the lesser games with mostly 2nd team defenders in front of him, this is why he turned down 50k a week to stay there and come here for 1st team football.F*ck me how complicated is that to work out. He said that is why he came here, it has been repeated by the club and on here a few times, F*CKING LISTEN.
Login to get fewer ads

Defence on 22:17 - Jul 24 with 764 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Defence on 22:00 - Jul 24 by Daggyjack

EB- you did stop using the "pathetic" nickname after being shown that you were using it over and over again for no apparent purpose, maybe it was coincidence. I asked your age as I wouldn't have expected that type of post from someone of your age.

You also said that Fabianski is only a little better than Peter Guthrie, so whilst a forum is, of course, for people to agree and disagree, perhaps it was the perceived manor of some of your posts that people took exception to. Anyway, I agree, let's move on.

It really isn't a case of being "one-eyed with the players we sign, it's a case of trusting the transfers that are made and hoping that they will do well for SCFC. I do feel that all players who sign for SCFC are entitled to be given a chance and not slated before they've even worn the jersey though. Bony is a prime example of this as he was criticised for months last season.

We do seem to be a club that players seem to improve at and feel settled at and valued. Routledge played for Palace, Spurs, Fulham, Villa and Newcastle in the PL without scoring or settling but now seems to have found his club. Shelvey is another.

So whether it's Gomis and Siggy or the kids that have arrived from Scotland, I feel that they all deserve the time to settle and make their mark. It also goes without saying that they deserve our support.

Anyway, back on thread, are we happy with our defensive set up?

GK - Fabianski and Tremmel.
RB - Rangel and Tiendalli.
LB - Taylor and Kingsley.
CB - Williams, Chico, Amat and Bartley.

I feel that we need cover and competition for Rangel at RB but am not sure who.
The same could be said at LB as competition for Taylor (Kingsley is very highly rated in Scotland even as an international in the not too distant future but maybe needs time to develop). I would bring in Kolodziejczak from Nice. Highly rated it seems, available for £4 million and can also play at CB (he is 6 foot 1).

If we buy this French LB would it be a bad thing to play Taylor at RB now and again? I ask the question because just because he had a decent Olympics at RB would that necessarily mean he could do the same in the PL and maybe it's possible that he doesn't want to play there for some reason?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Defence on 22:27 - Jul 24 with 756 viewsskippyjack

Defence on 20:29 - Jul 24 by eastbanker

I was not suggesting we signed Valdes, I was challenged to suggest other targets that were available. My coaching has got me far enough thanks, improving is part of coaching however at 29 years of age and playing for most of his life you would have thought he might have grasped the basics by now. At this stage of any players career its about fine tuning not teaching him how to form a "W" with your hands behind the ball in order to catch it. Lets just agree to differ, you may rate this guy: i don't lets see who's correct over the course of a season. If, as I suggest he makes numerous mistakes during the year, so be it. However, if he proves to be the next Manuel Neuer I will be delighted. And grown up enough to come on here and admit it. This post has now got to the stage where its a case of suck it and see.

Well 29 is still young for a goalkeeper (a coach should know that)
Plus would you rather coach somebody who wants to improve or somebody who wants a pay packet (a coach should know that)
A coach also identifies his strengths.. reflexe saves.. position on free kicks.. quick off his line.. distribution.. communication with the back 4 (which Vorm rarely did).. he's not good with crosses.. so are many other keepers... but I'd rather somebody who wants to play and improve.. instead of somebody living off rep..

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Defence on 22:36 - Jul 24 with 734 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Defence on 22:27 - Jul 24 by skippyjack

Well 29 is still young for a goalkeeper (a coach should know that)
Plus would you rather coach somebody who wants to improve or somebody who wants a pay packet (a coach should know that)
A coach also identifies his strengths.. reflexe saves.. position on free kicks.. quick off his line.. distribution.. communication with the back 4 (which Vorm rarely did).. he's not good with crosses.. so are many other keepers... but I'd rather somebody who wants to play and improve.. instead of somebody living off rep..

He's got a good 10 years in him at 29 if he keeps training to the required standard (injuries permitting of course).

Defence on 22:59 - Jul 24 with 716 viewsSS2013

Defence on 22:36 - Jul 24 by Brynmill_Jack

He's got a good 10 years in him at 29 if he keeps training to the required standard (injuries permitting of course).

I think the Centre 4 are all decent enough, but we DEFINITELY need a right and left back and maybe another DM

Poll: Will Ayew be a Swansea player come Feb ?

Defence on 23:03 - Jul 24 with 705 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Defence on 22:59 - Jul 24 by SS2013

I think the Centre 4 are all decent enough, but we DEFINITELY need a right and left back and maybe another DM

We'd be a formidable outfit if those came off to a decent standard but if we get an exceptional CDM we could compete with the best, have good cup runs and aspire to tenth or above , maybe even sneaking as high as 7th.

Defence on 09:55 - Jul 25 with 617 viewsperchrockjack

I'm happy if fab simply doesn't just stay rooted to the spot as the ball trickles past him

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Defence on 12:41 - Jul 25 with 568 viewsepaul

Defence on 18:51 - Jul 24 by eastbanker

Soccer ffs

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Defence on 14:50 - Jul 25 with 539 viewsdameedna

Defence on 12:41 - Jul 25 by epaul

Soccer ffs

Defensively I would like to get Jo Allen back, we need to check our Full Back strength across all 4 and Amat was poor in some games last season
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024