Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Palace after Shelvey 00:16 - Jul 21 with 13357 viewsLiberty

Hope we keep him personally.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2699343/Swansea-agree-fee-Mars

Poll: League 2 Mod , Darr, but we are now in Prem - time for a change ?

Palace after Shelvey on 17:16 - Jul 21 with 2643 viewsJackFish

I don't remember Shelvey doing much arriving late in the box last season, but I do remember plenty of excellent finishes from outside the area.
Palace after Shelvey on 17:27 - Jul 21 with 2612 viewsicecoldjack

I wasnt that big on us signing Shelvey but couldn;t get over he was only 21 yrs old !

He got better as the season went on, his horror show against Liverpool made him in a strange way, everyone could see how devastated he was that we failed to take the 3 pts, due to his mistakes .

I think in 2/3 seasons he can be a top player,its up to him really.

I would like us to keep him and make him a main player for us, i think he will thrive on being loved and given responsibility.
Palace after Shelvey on 20:39 - Jul 21 with 2437 viewsDrizzy

Palace after Shelvey on 17:04 - Jul 21 by C_jack

Ah ok, we've got to the point where you're hanging on to a certain phrase or spelling now.

Well no, not if he's playing as the deepest play maker, which is the point. If he's playing at AM then he's naturally creating plays and moving towards/late into the box as it develops, which suits him better.

Nothing like the neglect of your own, you've stated that he could be an excellent 'box to box' midfielder, while going on to say that he rarely arrives late into the oppositions box as it's not his strength. Clue is in the terminology really, unless he's training to break all sorts of sprint records and get in the box before anyone else.

Not pointless at all, a fabulous comparison of different skill sets.

Ah so we're at the stage where you're churning out meaningless soundbites to try and defend your non-existent argument.

Box-to-box doesn't mean arriving late (something he almost never did last season) it's a phrase to describe a player who contributes defensively and in attack.

"naturally creating plays" What does that even mean? Have you been watching too much American football?

Shelvey's future at this club is as a proper central midfielder, not an attacking one, and he'll develop in to a fine player at that. His range of passing is easily as good as Bodde's it's decision making and his discipline that have let him down.

We need to put a quality DM alongside him not in his place.

Thanks for participating, C_jack. Been a laugh as always. Off you trot now.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Palace after Shelvey on 21:17 - Jul 21 with 2374 viewsC_jack

Palace after Shelvey on 20:39 - Jul 21 by Drizzy

Ah so we're at the stage where you're churning out meaningless soundbites to try and defend your non-existent argument.

Box-to-box doesn't mean arriving late (something he almost never did last season) it's a phrase to describe a player who contributes defensively and in attack.

"naturally creating plays" What does that even mean? Have you been watching too much American football?

Shelvey's future at this club is as a proper central midfielder, not an attacking one, and he'll develop in to a fine player at that. His range of passing is easily as good as Bodde's it's decision making and his discipline that have let him down.

We need to put a quality DM alongside him not in his place.

Thanks for participating, C_jack. Been a laugh as always. Off you trot now.

So how many players come under that definition then? I mean that great box to box player Ashley Williams contributes at corners, think you'll have to read up on that one again mate.

Much more effective player higher up the pitch, creating and moving forward naturally (is that better?) See Fulham and Newcastle at home (where Vasquez was up front and we still won 3-0 ffs) as great examples.

Been an delight to inform you as always, all the best.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Palace after Shelvey on 21:23 - Jul 21 with 2359 viewsTom1912

Drizzy is right. Google box to box midfielder and the first result you get is: a central midfielder who plays both defensively and attackingly, who runs a lot up and down the pitch.

Also, William's main contribution in the opposition penalty area is to convert corners into goal kicks
Palace after Shelvey on 21:41 - Jul 21 with 2322 viewsC_jack

Palace after Shelvey on 21:23 - Jul 21 by Tom1912

Drizzy is right. Google box to box midfielder and the first result you get is: a central midfielder who plays both defensively and attackingly, who runs a lot up and down the pitch.

Also, William's main contribution in the opposition penalty area is to convert corners into goal kicks

That is an awful, limited definition. Many central players contribute at either ends of the pitch, and many run a lot up and down the pitch.

Yaya Toure is a topical 'box to box' player, gaining possession in tackle one second, and then striving to start/join the attack from that position. It is that process that creates the box to box player, not defending one minute and then having a crack on goal 5 minutes later.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Palace after Shelvey on 21:44 - Jul 21 with 2314 viewsScoobyWho

Unless Palace Offer in excess of 12 million he wont go, surely the board are not that daft.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Palace after Shelvey on 22:58 - Jul 21 with 2241 viewsDrizzy

Palace after Shelvey on 21:23 - Jul 21 by Tom1912

Don't bother, Tom, he's prime pork this C_jack. Loves arguing for the sake of arguing. I'm surprised the folks at Cefn Coed let him on the internet.

Login to get fewer ads

Palace after Shelvey on 23:08 - Jul 21 with 2223 viewsDrizzy

Palace after Shelvey on 21:17 - Jul 21 by C_jack

So how many players come under that definition then? I mean that great box to box player Ashley Williams contributes at corners, think you'll have to read up on that one again mate.

Much more effective player higher up the pitch, creating and moving forward naturally (is that better?) See Fulham and Newcastle at home (where Vasquez was up front and we still won 3-0 ffs) as great examples.

Been an delight to inform you as always, all the best.

Does anyone actually ever agree with what you're saying (other than DYSS)?

If there are people out there please make yourselves heard.

"Creating and moving forward naturally." That's another nonsensical statement which is quite ironic as you frequently condemn many modern cliches yet you can't churn out anything tangible other than tepid references to two games.

He'll be playing predominantly as part of the holding 2, mate. That's where his future his and judging by this summer's (upcoming) dealings that's where he'll be starting.

That's my last post on the matter now as I'm worrying this perpetual pasting will have an adverse effect on your health. Can't be good to be continually ridiculed, albeit on a football forum.

Palace after Shelvey on 23:43 - Jul 21 with 2175 viewsJJ08

Palace after Shelvey on 17:14 - Jul 21 by mark555

Shelvey is an essex boy so Palace would have a bigger appeal to him than other players.

Shelvey played for Charlton and can't stand Palace.... He wont be going anywhere....... Especially palace. No appeal whatsoever
Palace after Shelvey on 00:34 - Jul 22 with 2127 viewsWarwickHunt

Palace after Shelvey on 17:14 - Jul 21 by mark555

Shelvey is an essex boy so Palace would have a bigger appeal to him than other players.

WTF has Romford got to do with Croydon?

I think you're confusing Ilford Palais with Crystal Palace.
Palace after Shelvey on 01:21 - Jul 22 with 2085 viewsDyfnant

We were seriously lacking in midfield numbers the second half of last season. How about we sign Siggy & JDG, keep JJS and sign at least 1 more

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Palace after Shelvey on 01:54 - Jul 22 with 2060 viewsdameedna

Palace after Shelvey on 01:21 - Jul 22 by Dyfnant

We were seriously lacking in midfield numbers the second half of last season. How about we sign Siggy & JDG, keep JJS and sign at least 1 more

It is strange debate around Shelvey. Essentially he is proper midfield general. Akin to Gerrard, Lampard or Ray Kennedy. An essential part of our team the player closest to him is JDG and would have been Ki. These three players play box to box as well as creative lynchpins and track back to defend.

The above is obvious.

Not wishing to be controversial but it is Fulton, Shelvey and JDG that could offer is a good few years with JDG playing the AM role. If not Fulton then is is Leon/Jose alongside Shelvey.

Problem we have is JDG is our best midfielder, does it all apart from tackling but off the he shadows as well as Britton

Having JDG and Shelvey available is critical imo. Other players fit in around this.

When Michu was here we had a bigger problem with Michu playing as striker. With Gomis I would be shocked if he pplayed AM in place of JDG or Siggy if he joins.

I see it like this
Britton/Fulton (Canas)
Shelvey/Ki
JDG/Siggy (Pozuelo)

The front 4 midfielders need verstality and that group above is good
Ki may be replaced by another all rounder (I rate Moh Diame as more than just a DM for example)
Palace after Shelvey on 00:03 - Jul 23 with 1917 viewsScoobyWho

Palace after Shelvey on 23:43 - Jul 21 by JJ08

Shelvey played for Charlton and can't stand Palace.... He wont be going anywhere....... Especially palace. No appeal whatsoever

A bit like saying Curtis would never play for Cardiff.

Palace after Shelvey on 03:42 - Jul 23 with 1833 viewsSwansNZ

Palace after Shelvey on 14:20 - Jul 21 by icecoldjack

Yeah fair point bit being more specific the last 9 games with only 2 wins, including a Liverpool team already on the beach.

Teams started defending deeper against us second half of the season, Arsenal,Liverpool and man city were quite prepared to play their game giving us less a less tactical approach which suited us perfect in our system.

Those same teams give us alot more respect These days and the so called lesser teams of which we Are one set up to stop us playing our game.

Palace at home,wba at home,hull at home ,west ham at home etc

This is my opinion of course .

We were on that beach long before Liverpool arrived.

Any time we have a poor run, it’s always the same “we’ve been worked out” bollocks .

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Palace after Shelvey on 20:26 - Jul 23 with 1669 viewsJJ08

Palace after Shelvey on 00:03 - Jul 23 by ScoobyWho

A bit like saying Curtis would never play for Cardiff.

I thought this was about Shelvey? I know nothing about who Curtis would and wouldn't play for.............. I know who Shelvey won't play for.
Palace after Shelvey on 20:47 - Jul 23 with 1600 viewsDrizzy

Palace after Shelvey on 20:26 - Jul 23 by JJ08

I thought this was about Shelvey? I know nothing about who Curtis would and wouldn't play for.............. I know who Shelvey won't play for.

Are you his mam?

Genuine question.

Palace after Shelvey on 21:14 - Jul 23 with 1545 viewsJJ08

Palace after Shelvey on 20:47 - Jul 23 by Drizzy

Are you his mam?

Genuine question.

Why his mam? Why are you assuming I am female?
Palace after Shelvey on 22:41 - Jul 23 with 1467 viewsItchySphincter

Palace after Shelvey on 12:32 - Jul 21 by Jackfath

I see Mr Shelvey as a more talented Mr Pratley. Am I correct with this assessment?

Not sure if you're taking the p!ss but i took serious pelters for saying that when he joined. I see Dwight's point and would concede that he can be hit and miss but he's the only midfielder of his type that we have and when he's on it he's dynamite. Add consistency and you have an impressive player and I would keep him.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Palace after Shelvey on 22:42 - Jul 23 with 1457 viewsScoobyWho

Palace after Shelvey on 20:26 - Jul 23 by JJ08

If the money's right he would go anywhere in the premier league.
Thats all the majority care about.

Palace after Shelvey on 23:18 - Jul 23 with 1381 viewsskippyjack

Palace after Shelvey on 23:43 - Jul 21 by JJ08

Hi Jonjo.. if they offer 12 million you're on your bike!.. and I'm driving

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Palace after Shelvey on 00:25 - Jul 24 with 1322 viewsDyfnant

Palace after Shelvey on 23:18 - Jul 23 by skippyjack

Hi Jonjo.. if they offer 12 million you're on your bike!.. and I'm driving

YOU drive!?! Thought you said you were unskilled

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Palace after Shelvey on 13:03 - Jul 24 with 1203 viewsskippyjack

Palace after Shelvey on 00:25 - Jul 24 by Dyfnant

YOU drive!?! Thought you said you were unskilled

Not legally mun.. wood some people mind.. wood.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Palace after Shelvey on 18:29 - Jul 24 with 1112 viewsJJ08

Palace after Shelvey on 22:42 - Jul 23 by ScoobyWho

If the money's right he would go anywhere in the premier league.
Thats all the majority care about.

If it was all about money he would have stayed at Liverpool..... Don't judge everyone the same.
Palace after Shelvey on 18:33 - Jul 24 with 1086 viewsDrizzy

Palace after Shelvey on 21:14 - Jul 23 by JJ08

Why his mam? Why are you assuming I am female?

Are you his old man?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024