Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stoke paying for their fans official away travel again 01:46 - Jul 22 with 1535 viewsDyfnant

http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/Stoke-City-Travelling-fans-free-ticket-ride/story
I'd rather see us subsidise the away ticket, same as happened at Newcastle than the buses as everyone that attends benefits that way

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Stoke paying for their fans official away travel again on 02:00 - Jul 22 with 1175 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Well done Stoke.

What did we do last season?

Gave fans a free programme or pie at a couple of games, subsidised a number of games by £10 and generally that was about it. Let's remember that wasn't out of the goodness of the clubs heart either, it was money given to the club specifically to enhance away day numbers.

#CommunityClub

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Stoke paying for their fans official away travel again on 07:28 - Jul 22 with 1084 viewsJethroJack

Stoke paying for their fans official away travel again on 02:00 - Jul 22 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Well done Stoke.

Gave fans a free programme or pie at a couple of games, subsidised a number of games by £10 and generally that was about it. Let's remember that wasn't out of the goodness of the clubs heart either, it was money given to the club specifically to enhance away day numbers.

#CommunityClub

Nonce.
Stoke paying for their fans official away travel again on 07:56 - Jul 22 with 1043 viewsouttolunch

Stoke paying for their fans official away travel again on 02:00 - Jul 22 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Well done Stoke.

#CommunityClub

Wrong ! Clubs paid for it themselves. I can recal money off for man u, man city, newcastle and arsenal for starters

I dont remember the likes of man u doing anything for theirs.

You really are a piece of work. Chuck out a pile of cr@p with no substance and hope it becomes fact.
Stoke paying for their fans official away travel again on 07:59 - Jul 22 with 1035 viewsNeath_Jack

Stoke paying for their fans official away travel again on 07:56 - Jul 22 by outtolunch

Wrong ! Clubs paid for it themselves. I can recal money off for man u, man city, newcastle and arsenal for starters

You really are a piece of work. Chuck out a pile of cr@p with no substance and hope it becomes fact.

All Premier League clubs were given an amount of money to subsidise their fans away travel. That is one of them big fat fact things.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Stoke paying for their fans official away travel again on 08:01 - Jul 22 with 1031 viewsNeath_Jack

Stoke paying for their fans official away travel again on 07:56 - Jul 22 by outtolunch

Here's the link. Quick, delete your post before he gets up.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24446082

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Stoke paying for their fans official away travel again on 08:05 - Jul 22 with 1010 viewsSwansNZ

Well done Stoke.

#CommunityClub

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Stoke paying for their fans official away travel again on 08:07 - Jul 22 with 1006 viewsswans11

Yes. Club was given money. We also contacted every club to offer a reciprocal deal where both clubs fans would receive discounts on away trips no one agreed initially but a few clubs did do this not a lot though
Stoke paying for their fans official away travel again on 08:10 - Jul 22 with 1002 viewsouttolunch

Stoke paying for their fans official away travel again on 08:01 - Jul 22 by Neath_Jack

Here's the link. Quick, delete your post before he gets up.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24446082

Dineen has said numerous times on twitter that the clubs were asked to spend upto 250k on away travel. They werent given the money. It was said again yesterday on his feed. The bbc are allowed to get it wrong

If the clubs were given the money then you would think the prem league would have made sure it was spent. Some clubs didnt participate last season so i would go with dineen on this one.
Login to get fewer ads

Stoke paying for their fans official away travel again on 08:12 - Jul 22 with 997 viewsPhil_S

I hope we never make a deal where it is free bus travel for away fans

Given the fact that only around 20/25% of our travelling support goes on buses then we wouldn't be benefitting the majority.

Giving £10 off a ticket is actually more costly than giving free away travel on that basis.
Stoke paying for their fans official away travel again on 08:17 - Jul 22 with 980 viewsouttolunch

Stoke paying for their fans official away travel again on 08:12 - Jul 22 by Phil_S

I hope we never make a deal where it is free bus travel for away fans

Given the fact that only around 20/25% of our travelling support goes on buses then we wouldn't be benefitting the majority.

Giving £10 off a ticket is actually more costly than giving free away travel on that basis.

Phil. Did the prem league give the club money or are the club funding the away incentives.? The trust director would know.
Stoke paying for their fans official away travel again on 08:24 - Jul 22 with 961 viewsPhil_S

Stoke paying for their fans official away travel again on 08:17 - Jul 22 by outtolunch

Phil. Did the prem league give the club money or are the club funding the away incentives.? The trust director would know.

Every Premier League club was given a sum of money to try and fund away fan initiatives

We always worked on the basis we wanted everyone to benefit who went to the games
Stoke paying for their fans official away travel again on 08:26 - Jul 22 with 956 viewsNeath_Jack

Stoke paying for their fans official away travel again on 08:10 - Jul 22 by outtolunch

Dineen has said numerous times on twitter that the clubs were asked to spend upto 250k on away travel. They werent given the money. It was said again yesterday on his feed. The bbc are allowed to get it wrong

If the clubs were given the money then you would think the prem league would have made sure it was spent. Some clubs didnt participate last season so i would go with dineen on this one.

http://www.fsf.org.uk/latest-news/view/premier-league-away-fans-fund

Stoke paying for their fans official away travel again on 08:39 - Jul 22 with 927 viewsPhil_S

The BBC are allowed to get it wrong but read the stuff at the bottom of their article

Given this was written back in October you would assume that the clubs would have blown their trumpet more if it was being spent off their own back.

IMO it isn't enough anyway as the PL could enforce a strict maximum priced ticket if they really wanted to

I hve no idea what Leigh is tweeting but there was money given - there is a chance we spent more than that I don't know the answer to that bit!

This post has been edited by an administrator
Stoke paying for their fans official away travel again on 08:42 - Jul 22 with 914 viewsSwansNZ

Stoke paying for their fans official away travel again on 08:39 - Jul 22 by Phil_S

The BBC are allowed to get it wrong but read the stuff at the bottom of their article

Given this was written back in October you would assume that the clubs would have blown their trumpet more if it was being spent off their own back.

IMO it isn't enough anyway as the PL could enforce a strict maximum priced ticket if they really wanted to

I hve no idea what Leigh is tweeting but there was money given - there is a chance we spent more than that I don't know the answer to that bit!

This post has been edited by an administrator

Comparing what the Swans have done with the other teams, it does not look too bad. Shame some posters just want to slag the club off at every opportunity

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Stoke paying for their fans official away travel again on 08:51 - Jul 22 with 880 viewsPhil_S

My bad, given the comments made elsewhere (the difference between Twitter and BBC reports for example) I thought I better check what actually happened rather than my understanding.

The clubs were not given money by the PL, the PL asked the teams if they would spend up to £250k on away fan initiatives. Most did, some I believe didn't (not 100% sure on this last point) but there was definitely no money given by the Premier League.
Stoke paying for their fans official away travel again on 09:12 - Jul 22 with 839 viewsStarsky

Stoke paying for their fans official away travel again on 08:51 - Jul 22 by Phil_S

My bad, given the comments made elsewhere (the difference between Twitter and BBC reports for example) I thought I better check what actually happened rather than my understanding.

The clubs were not given money by the PL, the PL asked the teams if they would spend up to £250k on away fan initiatives. Most did, some I believe didn't (not 100% sure on this last point) but there was definitely no money given by the Premier League.

So why were the Premier League allowed to enjoy the good publicity, Seen in Neath_jacks numerous links on here?
So the clubs paid and the Premier league take the glory.
It's all sounds a bit odd to me.

It's just the internet, init.

Stoke paying for their fans official away travel again on 09:24 - Jul 22 with 812 viewsStarsky

Stoke paying for their fans official away travel again on 07:28 - Jul 22 by JethroJack

Nonce.

There's banter and then there's names you just don't use to insult someone. Not even in jest.
The word you just used "nonce" is one of them.

Stoke paying for their fans official away travel again on 09:25 - Jul 22 with 805 viewsLe_Swans

Stoke paying for their fans official away travel again on 09:12 - Jul 22 by Starsky

So why were the Premier League allowed to enjoy the good publicity, Seen in Neath_jacks numerous links on here?

I think the Premier League has told clubs that they have to put the money to one side out of the huge sum they receive each year.

"The Premier League’s announcement that clubs have set aside a pot of £12m over the next three seasons to make games more affordable for away fans is a welcome one. The Away Fans’ Initiative equates to £200,000 per club, per season."

Key words being "that the clubs have set aside"

http://www.fsf.org.uk/latest-news/view/twentys-plenty-makes-its-mark-as-premier-
Stoke paying for their fans official away travel again on 09:31 - Jul 22 with 784 viewsStarsky

Stoke paying for their fans official away travel again on 09:25 - Jul 22 by Le_Swans

I think the Premier League has told clubs that they have to put the money to one side out of the huge sum they receive each year.

"The Premier League’s announcement that clubs have set aside a pot of £12m over the next three seasons to make games more affordable for away fans is a welcome one. The Away Fans’ Initiative equates to £200,000 per club, per season."

Key words being "that the clubs have set aside"

http://www.fsf.org.uk/latest-news/view/twentys-plenty-makes-its-mark-as-premier-

Well it's certainly misleading and confusing. You've only got to see Leigh Dineen and Phil Sumbler's quotes/comments on this thread to realise that.

Stoke paying for their fans official away travel again on 09:35 - Jul 22 with 769 viewsLe_Swans

Stoke paying for their fans official away travel again on 09:31 - Jul 22 by Starsky

Well it's certainly misleading and confusing. You've only got to see Leigh Dineen and Phil Sumbler's quotes/comments on this thread to realise that.

Agreed, definitely doesn't read as though the club have done it out of their own pockets, also as Phil stated we may well have spent more on these schemes last season.
Stoke paying for their fans official away travel again on 09:41 - Jul 22 with 759 viewsNeath_Jack

Quick, how do i delete my posts.

Stoke paying for their fans official away travel again on 09:43 - Jul 22 with 752 viewsouttolunch

Stoke paying for their fans official away travel again on 09:12 - Jul 22 by Starsky

I'm not sure and it does sound odd but i was always aware that the club said it paid for these incentives.
Stoke paying for their fans official away travel again on 09:44 - Jul 22 with 748 viewsperchrockjack

I d rasther make my own way than to sit in a piss stinking bus of plebs dying ffor a piss all the time.

I bet the buses don't even have a buffet car

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Stoke paying for their fans official away travel again on 09:45 - Jul 22 with 747 viewsNeath_Jack

Stoke paying for their fans official away travel again on 09:44 - Jul 22 by perchrockjack

I d rasther make my own way than to sit in a piss stinking bus of plebs dying ffor a piss all the time.

I bet the buses don't even have a buffet car

There's other buses apart from bus number 1 mind.

Stoke paying for their fans official away travel again on 09:51 - Jul 22 with 735 viewsouttolunch

Well done Stoke.

#CommunityClub

In view of what has now come to light. ie the club did pay for the initiatives and it looks like over and above many others what would you like to slag off next ?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024