Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Come August who would be in your team (hypothetical) 12:19 - Jul 22 with 1724 viewsmattjenkins1990

With some new additions looking likely to put pen to paper, who would be your starting team (and subs if you want). Mine would be this:

Fab

Rangel Williams Bartley Taylor

Routledge Gylfi Shelvey Dyer

Bony Gomis

I would like to see two up top, rangel is getting older so wont bomb on as much and Taylor is more static than Ben.

Barley impressed me in the brief stint he had last season so i would him to get a shot

I would use Britton as a Sub as he is getting older

KI would be a sub but a must keep for me.

Montero a 60 minute player to cause mayhem

Amat/Chico cover for CB's - I would be interested to see if either could play Holding mid

OR

Fab

Rangel Williams Bartley Taylor

Britton

Routledge Gylfi Shelvey Dyer

Bony

Poll: Would you welcome Investment

Come August who would be in your team (hypothetical) on 12:41 - Jul 22 with 1651 viewsValeJack

Think the matchday squad will look something like this:

Fabianski
Rangel Williams Chico Taylor
New CDM
Shelvey
Sigurdsson
Montero/Dyer Routledge
Bony

Subs:
Tremmel
Amat
Bartley
Kingsley
Britton
Dyer/Montero
Gomis

Possibly some movement in the RB department and still not sure about Ki/JDG.
Come August who would be in your team (hypothetical) on 12:47 - Jul 22 with 1629 viewsdameedna

Fabianksi
Emnes Britton JDG Shelvey Routledge
Bony
Come August who would be in your team (hypothetical) on 12:52 - Jul 22 with 1606 viewsmattjenkins1990

Come August who would be in your team (hypothetical) on 12:41 - Jul 22 by ValeJack

Think the matchday squad will look something like this:

Fabianski
New CDM
Shelvey
Sigurdsson
Montero/Dyer Routledge
Bony

Subs:
Tremmel
Amat
Bartley
Kingsley
Britton
Dyer/Montero
Gomis

Possibly some movement in the RB department and still not sure about Ki/JDG.

Interesting, i agree with the RB department, watching Rangel in the USA highlights did not fill me with confidence, and I would not play teindalli unless everyone else in the squad came down with swine flu.

I think KI could play that CDM role - Quite physical and can move the ball well

Come August who would be in your team (hypothetical) on 12:53 - Jul 22 with 1602 viewssomersetsimon

Come August who would be in your team (hypothetical) on 12:47 - Jul 22 by dameedna

Fabianksi
Emnes Britton JDG Shelvey Routledge
Bony

It will be interesting to see whether Monk favours Chico or Bartley when he has both players available and fully fit.
Come August who would be in your team (hypothetical) on 12:55 - Jul 22 with 1593 viewsSwan91

Fabianski
Rangel Chico Williams Taylor

Ki. Shelvey

Montero Gylfi. Routledge

Bony

Subs:
Tremmel
Rb (new or Tiendalli)
Amat/Bartley (I don't think they will have both on subs bench)
Britton
Dyer
Emnes
Gomis
[Post edited 22 Jul 2014 12:55]
Come August who would be in your team (hypothetical) on 12:56 - Jul 22 with 1577 viewsmattjenkins1990

Come August who would be in your team (hypothetical) on 12:55 - Jul 22 by Swan91

Fabianski

Ki. Shelvey

Montero Gylfi. Routledge

Bony

Subs:
Tremmel
Rb (new or Tiendalli)
Amat/Bartley (I don't think they will have both on subs bench)
Britton
Dyer
Emnes
Gomis
[Post edited 22 Jul 2014 12:55]

Interesting a number of people have Dyer on the bench. For me he is a nailed on starter

Come August who would be in your team (hypothetical) on 12:57 - Jul 22 with 1568 viewsmattjenkins1990

Come August who would be in your team (hypothetical) on 12:53 - Jul 22 by somersetsimon

It will be interesting to see whether Monk favours Chico or Bartley when he has both players available and fully fit.

Bartley is the better prospect, more physical bigger and calmer, just seems to be constantly injured. Chico better on the ball though.

Come August who would be in your team (hypothetical) on 12:58 - Jul 22 with 1566 viewsSwan91

Come August who would be in your team (hypothetical) on 12:56 - Jul 22 by mattjenkins1990

Interesting a number of people have Dyer on the bench. For me he is a nailed on starter

I thought last season he did best when he came on at about the 60th minute. He was played like that quite a lot if I remember and could easily get passed the tired full backs
Login to get fewer ads

Come August who would be in your team (hypothetical) on 13:02 - Jul 22 with 1535 viewsjruss1

No idea why people put these teams together without Leon playing as the holding midfielder.

He’s the only natural defensive midfielder we have, with Canas going we simply have to add another option here.

If we have to start with Ki or Shelvey protecting the back 4 then we are going to be in trouble.
Come August who would be in your team (hypothetical) on 13:32 - Jul 22 with 1448 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Come August who would be in your team (hypothetical) on 13:02 - Jul 22 by jruss1

No idea why people put these teams together without Leon playing as the holding midfielder.

He’s the only natural defensive midfielder we have, with Canas going we simply have to add another option here.

If we have to start with Ki or Shelvey protecting the back 4 then we are going to be in trouble.

Fabski

Rangel. Williams. Amat. An other

Britton. Shelvey

Dyer Siggy Routs

Bony

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Come August who would be in your team (hypothetical) on 13:47 - Jul 22 with 1399 viewsmattjenkins1990

Come August who would be in your team (hypothetical) on 13:32 - Jul 22 by oh_tommy_tommy

Fabski

Rangel. Williams. Amat. An other

Britton. Shelvey

Dyer Siggy Routs

Bony

good side

Come August who would be in your team (hypothetical) on 14:09 - Jul 22 with 1353 viewsSwansea93

Fabianski
Taylor Williams Chico Alonso
Britton/Ki
Routledge/Payet Shelvey Sigurdsson
Gomis
Bony

442 Diamond

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Come August who would be in your team (hypothetical) on 03:37 - Jul 23 with 1186 viewsnyc_swans

i think the against man u:
fab
Rangel/Chico/Williams/Taylor
Ki/Shelvey
Montero/Siggy/Routs
Wilf

bring on Gomis, Emnes, Britton
Come August who would be in your team (hypothetical) on 09:08 - Jul 23 with 1108 viewsJackFish

Not getting the clamour for Ki to start, especially ahead of Leon. That's just bonkers.

Fab

Leon JJS

Dyer Gylfi Routs

Bony

Ideally I'd like us to sign a right back to compete with and eventually replace Rangel, and we're a big light on cover at left back now unless Kingsley is ready. What's Serge Aurier up to now that Arsenal bought Debuchy?

JDG to come back as well and I think we're sorted for bodies in midfield. Montero or another winger would be good too otherwise we'll end up with just Emnes as cover.
Come August who would be in your team (hypothetical) on 09:39 - Jul 23 with 1066 viewsJACKARSE

Come August who would be in your team (hypothetical) on 12:58 - Jul 22 by Swan91

I thought last season he did best when he came on at about the 60th minute. He was played like that quite a lot if I remember and could easily get passed the tired full backs

Dyer is a great impact sub IMO ......
Come August who would be in your team (hypothetical) on 10:23 - Jul 23 with 1027 viewsSwan91

Come August who would be in your team (hypothetical) on 09:08 - Jul 23 by JackFish

Not getting the clamour for Ki to start, especially ahead of Leon. That's just bonkers.

Fab

Leon JJS

Dyer Gylfi Routs

Bony

Ideally I'd like us to sign a right back to compete with and eventually replace Rangel, and we're a big light on cover at left back now unless Kingsley is ready. What's Serge Aurier up to now that Arsenal bought Debuchy?

JDG to come back as well and I think we're sorted for bodies in midfield. Montero or another winger would be good too otherwise we'll end up with just Emnes as cover.

The thing with Leon is I think that this season needs to be like a transition period between him and another player. The role he plays in the team is really important and we need to get used to another player in that role so that when Leon does retire we won't be stuck looking for an exact replacement. We would already have a player capable of taking in that role.

From the passing aspect of that role I think Ki could do a good job he just needs to improve his defending abilities. That would leave Shelvey and deguzman in the other mc position as the more attacking mc.

I agree with RB I think we need one for this season because it will be a perfect season for one to get used to our players and system etc
Come August who would be in your team (hypothetical) on 10:28 - Jul 23 with 1019 viewsSwan91

Come August who would be in your team (hypothetical) on 09:39 - Jul 23 by JACKARSE

Dyer is a great impact sub IMO ......

I agree his pace is perfect against tired defenders.
Come August who would be in your team (hypothetical) on 10:28 - Jul 23 with 1019 viewsCatullus

Come August who would be in your team (hypothetical) on 13:02 - Jul 22 by jruss1

I agree and besides, Ki doesn't want to play CDM, it's not his position. Which is why he performed less well there. Laudrup used him in the wrong way.

How about 4312
Fabianski,
Rangel, Williams, Amat, Taylor,
Shelvey, Britton, JDG/Ki/Routledge
Siggurdson,
Bony, Gomis.

With Dyer, JDG/Ki/Routledge, Montero on the bench as game changers and Bartley, Tiendalli, Tremmel.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Come August who would be in your team (hypothetical) on 10:44 - Jul 23 with 996 viewsDaggyjack

Fabianski
New RB, Williams, Kolodziejczak, Taylor
Britton
Shelvey, Siggy, Routledge
Gomis, Bony
Come August who would be in your team (hypothetical) on 13:43 - Jul 23 with 904 viewswoodywoodpecker

We desperately require a RB and a defensive holding player, although Monk might try using three across the back.
Come August who would be in your team (hypothetical) on 13:48 - Jul 23 with 898 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

My ideal team;

Fabianski
CDM De Guzman
Winger Siggy Winger
Wilf

I'd sell Gerry and get a new No2 or promote whoever is ready from the U21 (Gerry is usless and in decline, why keep him?)

I'd get a better CDM than Britton and also resign De Guzman

I'd sign two better wingers (Not Montero)

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Come August who would be in your team (hypothetical) on 13:53 - Jul 23 with 881 viewsmattjenkins1990

Come August who would be in your team (hypothetical) on 13:43 - Jul 23 by woodywoodpecker

We desperately require a RB and a defensive holding player, although Monk might try using three across the back.

Worrddd

Come August who would be in your team (hypothetical) on 14:11 - Jul 23 with 854 viewskyswans

Starters:

Fabianski
Shelvey Britton
Dyer Gylfi Routledge
Bony

Bench:

Amat
Kingsley
Ki
Montero
Emnes
Gomis
Tremmel

The options for late-game are exciting. Emnes, Gomis, Montero are all impact subs. I think Montero will replace Dyer in the starting lineup a few games in, and Dyer will be the impact sub.

Would love to see us land a physically imposing DM and some cover at fullback before the season begins.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024