Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should wolves be reintroduced into the UK 18:57 - Jul 22 with 4915 viewsFree_Willy

Reading this article in the guardian, this chap Monboit says we should reintroduce wolves, bears and other species back into the UK.

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/georgemonbiot/2014/jul/21/infrastructure-

What's your opinion?
Should wolves be reintroduced into the UK on 21:47 - Jul 22 with 1336 viewsAquinas

Birds of Prey - yes.
Land based animals - no.
Should wolves be reintroduced into the UK on 21:52 - Jul 22 with 1330 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Should wolves be reintroduced into the UK on 21:47 - Jul 22 by Aquinas

Birds of Prey - yes.
Land based animals - no.

Why birds of prey but not land based animals?

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Should wolves be reintroduced into the UK on 21:56 - Jul 22 with 1322 viewsAquinas

Should wolves be reintroduced into the UK on 21:52 - Jul 22 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Why birds of prey but not land based animals?

You must be a little slow today.

Birds of prey are not a direct risk to humans and are only a limited risk to livestock compared to bears and wolves.

(Most) Birds of prey are also worth a lot less on the black market dead than a wolf or a bear.
Should wolves be reintroduced into the UK on 22:05 - Jul 22 with 1316 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Should wolves be reintroduced into the UK on 21:56 - Jul 22 by Aquinas

You must be a little slow today.

Birds of prey are not a direct risk to humans and are only a limited risk to livestock compared to bears and wolves.

(Most) Birds of prey are also worth a lot less on the black market dead than a wolf or a bear.

Well you didn't state you were on about bears and wolves specifically, you just said land based animals.

European Beavers were reintroduced in Scotland in May 2009 as part of a 5 year trial. The project is very promising and they extended it by a year to 2015 not long ago. They are a land based animal and have not notably damaged the environment, caused conflict with other species or attacked any humans or livestock.

You can read the fourth annual report on the project here;

http://www.snh.org.uk/pdfs/publications/commissioned_reports/763.pdf

Should wolves be reintroduced into the UK on 22:17 - Jul 22 with 1308 viewsBanosswan

Birds of prey also dessimate the small mammal population.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Should wolves be reintroduced into the UK on 22:19 - Jul 22 with 1304 viewsJackfath

I'd like to re introduce extinct species.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Should wolves be reintroduced into the UK on 22:20 - Jul 22 with 1302 viewsDarran

Should wolves be reintroduced into the UK on 22:19 - Jul 22 by Jackfath

I'd like to re introduce extinct species.

Like this.
http://www.rspb.org.uk/ourwork/projects/details.aspx?id=282720

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Should wolves be reintroduced into the UK on 22:21 - Jul 22 with 1300 viewsJackfath

Should wolves be reintroduced into the UK on 22:20 - Jul 22 by Darran

Like this.
http://www.rspb.org.uk/ourwork/projects/details.aspx?id=282720

Exactly like that.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Login to get fewer ads

Should wolves be reintroduced into the UK on 00:05 - Jul 23 with 1271 viewsJackoBoostardo

Should wolves be reintroduced into the UK on 19:58 - Jul 22 by Darran

Britain is too small for wolves.

Yet they were here until man wiped them out... We really shouldn't interfere with natural selection or progression, and so is reasonable to suggest wolves would still be around had our ancestors not interfered.

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

Should wolves be reintroduced into the UK on 00:18 - Jul 23 with 1267 viewsC_jack

Wolves never left, we just domesticated them and gave them names.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

(No subject) (n/t) on 01:32 - Jul 23 with 1249 viewsJackoBoostardo

Should wolves be reintroduced into the UK on 00:18 - Jul 23 by C_jack

Wolves never left, we just domesticated them and gave them names.

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

Should wolves be reintroduced into the UK on 02:45 - Jul 23 with 1234 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Scandinavia, Switzerland, Belgium, Netherlands and pretty much every Eastern European country (Ukraine, Lithuania, Croatia etc etc) all have stable wolf populations.

Yet there is a fear from pretty much most of the U.K people regarding reintroducing them here. Why?

Should wolves be reintroduced into the UK on 04:36 - Jul 23 with 1227 viewsGlyn1

The red kite is a beautiful bird, it's beginning to grow more numerous after being almost wiped out, and I'd hate to think that it could be legally killed off.

But I'm going to disagree with Darran and say that wolves definitely should be reintroduced to Britain (especially northern Scotland) to keep the number of wild deer down. When they grow too many they stop any trees from growing and need to be culled. You could do it with trained marksmen, but wolves would be a cheaper and better alternative. Also, when they do it every February in Richmond Park in west London, the marksmen and their families get abuse and death threats.

I'd also like to see more beaver.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2014 4:40]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Should wolves be reintroduced into the UK on 07:57 - Jul 23 with 1201 viewsjackportis

Isnt this country over populated already. Suggest we concentrate on immigration first.

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

Should wolves be reintroduced into the UK on 08:03 - Jul 23 with 1198 viewsNeath_Jack

I nearly cried when i watched American Werewolf in London as a kid. I'd hate to see a wolf breeding with something and those things being on the loose up the Ferry woods.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Should wolves be reintroduced into the UK on 08:15 - Jul 23 with 1138 viewsPacemaker

One of the biggest issues with reintroduction had been farm animals. Wolves will go for sheep, goats etc over Deer every time. Farmers in Europe and the states are going around killing wolves illegally as a result.

Wolves generally would avoid humans but due to the size of the UK there would probably be interaction due to our crowded island.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024