Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bony, Gomis, Gylfi, Jonjo 06:57 - Jul 23 with 2079 viewsmarchamjack

Can they all play in the same team?

I'm struggling to think how they'd all fit into our convetional system. Does it suggest if they're all with us at the start of the season that Garry has some new ideas on our formation for the season?

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Bony, Gomis, Gylfi, Jonjo on 07:09 - Jul 23 with 2049 viewsJethroJack

All out attack.
Bony, Gomis, Gylfi, Jonjo on 07:10 - Jul 23 with 2046 viewsZut_Alors

BONY GOMIS
SIGGY
SHELVEY JDG
LEON

At home, that could work. Away and I think we'd be better playing just with Bony. We'll have injuries, though, so it's about getting the best 18 or so players.
Bony, Gomis, Gylfi, Jonjo on 07:11 - Jul 23 with 2039 viewsHuw57

Bony, Gomis, Gylfi, Jonjo on 07:10 - Jul 23 by Zut_Alors

BONY GOMIS
SIGGY
SHELVEY JDG
LEON

At home, that could work. Away and I think we'd be better playing just with Bony. We'll have injuries, though, so it's about getting the best 18 or so players.

Away we can just just play:-

Fabianski

Rangel Amat Ash Taylor
Britton Ki/Shelvey

Routledge Gylfi Dyer/Montero

Bony

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

Bony, Gomis, Gylfi, Jonjo on 07:11 - Jul 23 with 2038 viewsnyc_swans

need at least one wing player in the midfield...
Bony, Gomis, Gylfi, Jonjo on 07:17 - Jul 23 with 2009 viewsmarchamjack

Bony, Gomis, Gylfi, Jonjo on 07:10 - Jul 23 by Zut_Alors

BONY GOMIS
SIGGY
SHELVEY JDG
LEON

no wingers...at all?

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Bony, Gomis, Gylfi, Jonjo on 07:27 - Jul 23 with 1959 viewsZut_Alors

Bony, Gomis, Gylfi, Jonjo on 07:17 - Jul 23 by marchamjack

no wingers...at all?

That's the only formation that I would trust to start. I've seen Gylfi play CM for Spurs and he didn't look good. Maybe swap out Routs for JDG.
Bony, Gomis, Gylfi, Jonjo on 07:33 - Jul 23 with 1933 viewsZut_Alors

Bony, Gomis, Gylfi, Jonjo on 07:27 - Jul 23 by Zut_Alors

That's the only formation that I would trust to start. I've seen Gylfi play CM for Spurs and he didn't look good. Maybe swap out Routs for JDG.

Just to add, that wouldn't be my team. Current (with Siggy added) starting team would be:

Bony
Routs Siggy Dyer
Leon Shelvey
Taylor Ash Amat Rangel
Fab
Bony, Gomis, Gylfi, Jonjo on 08:19 - Jul 23 with 1784 viewsWatchman

4-2-4

non of this tippy tappy shyte any longer hoof and into the box

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

Login to get fewer ads

Bony, Gomis, Gylfi, Jonjo on 09:03 - Jul 23 with 1644 viewss1ackjack

Bony, Gomis, Gylfi, Jonjo on 07:27 - Jul 23 by Zut_Alors

The way things seem to be panning out, I'm not sure we will see JDG here next season.

The real slackjack .... beware of imposters! They say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery ......... Enough said!

Bony, Gomis, Gylfi, Jonjo on 09:11 - Jul 23 with 1599 viewsoldcob

They don't all need to play at the same time. Every team gets injuries, players with loss of form, and now we can change formation to exploit opposing sides weaknesses. You can never have too many quality players at any club.
Bony, Gomis, Gylfi, Jonjo on 09:52 - Jul 23 with 1451 viewsdameedna

Be surprised if we ever see it as a starting line up
Bony, Gomis, Gylfi, Jonjo on 09:58 - Jul 23 with 1429 viewsBLAZE

It's just strength in depth. It's what all teams should be striving for. They'll all get plenty of game time in various permutations
Bony, Gomis, Gylfi, Jonjo on 12:36 - Jul 23 with 1240 viewsJock_The_Jack

For a long time now football has been a squad game. As an established Premiership Team we should be striving for two Premiership quality players for each and every position. What's being done here is trying to squeeze a squad that is starting to show signs of strength and depth into a starting 11, there's really no need, let's leave that to GM. With the squad shaping up nicely and no Europa League I can really see us doing well this year, top 10 and a good run in all the cup competitions.
Bony, Gomis, Gylfi, Jonjo on 12:53 - Jul 23 with 1180 viewsperchrockjack

If we can keep bony and maybe get Rangel covered we could really get respect from the bigbollox clubs

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Bony, Gomis, Gylfi, Jonjo on 12:57 - Jul 23 with 1161 viewsValeJack

If we are chasing a game I'd much prefer Bony, Gomis, Sigurdsson, Shelvey, Routledge and Dyer than Pozuelo, Vazquez, Pablo and Ngog.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2014 12:58]
Bony, Gomis, Gylfi, Jonjo on 13:03 - Jul 23 with 1129 viewsdameedna

let's not forget lita
Bony, Gomis, Gylfi, Jonjo on 13:08 - Jul 23 with 1100 viewsSwanaldinho

This is our strongest ever squad IMO so many options and real top quality throughout the team. A bit more cover at full back and I see our best ever season coming.

Despite how he was used at Spurs, we all saw first hand the damage Gylfi causes to the opposition. When he is playing you know things are going to happen. This season is so exciting and you have to give credit to Garry Monk for getting rid of all the bobo players and replacing them with real quality.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024