Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Strikers and Formation 10:16 - Jul 23 with 983 viewsSwan91

So now that bony is back and we have gomis. There's also talks of signing that saviola on a free transfer. And we have emnes..... And we are also apparently looking at the Gambian 21 year old striker (according to his club anyway). That is a whole lot of strikers. I'm guessing we won't sign both but if we do we will have more than enough strikers to play 2 up front and have cover for them.

Would you like to see swansea play with multiple formations this season? For one instance switching between 1Am and 1 striker to 2 stikers? I did feel that half way through most of our premier league seasons certain teams picked up on how we play and was able to put a stop to our attacking and also stop us from playing altogether. Would changing formations make us more unpredictable? Also would that mean that our style of playing will change?

This is why I'm looking forward to this season. I honestly think it will be more unpredictable than past seasons.

What are your thoughts?
Strikers and Formation on 10:21 - Jul 23 with 951 viewsCatullus

I have already said I think a formation change is on the cards. I don't think Monk has bought Gomis here on big wages not to use him.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Strikers and Formation on 10:27 - Jul 23 with 929 viewsSwan91

Strikers and Formation on 10:21 - Jul 23 by Catullus

I have already said I think a formation change is on the cards. I don't think Monk has bought Gomis here on big wages not to use him.

I agree but with gylfi coming here I also think he wouldn't come here without being played in first team. If we have 2 strikers and an AM that would either take away 1 space from the cm or we will lose the wingers and play a more narrow formation.

I would say our wingers are the way we get our attacking movement going so losing them could be deadly. But also losing a cm spot will leave out with less bodies in the middle of the pitch, so that could also be deadly.

In my head I can't see a formation that would use these positions and will also do well.
Strikers and Formation on 10:31 - Jul 23 with 907 viewsCatullus

I can see us using different formations, including 442, 4312, 4411 and maybe even 3412. I thin k Monk will change things to keep teams guessing.
But we will have to wait to see who else leaves or arrives before we can be close to a first eleven guess.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Strikers and Formation on 10:45 - Jul 23 with 834 viewsLiam

I don't really think we're going to change formations but that's my personal opinion.

Gomis and Bony will be rotated and Emnes is quite flexible and can start in other positions.

I kinda think Gomis was snapped up as it was 50/50 Bony was going to leave so the both are a luxury for this year (still... if Bony stays, there is still time for him to go!)

The Gambian guy seems a bit of a punt and will not be a starter if he's even given a trial, but I doubt it.
Strikers and Formation on 10:51 - Jul 23 with 798 viewsJackfath

I am excited to see how Mr Monk alters things to cope with us being "found out" and seemingly unable to cope with the high pressing game opposition applied against us which nullified our once famed footballing style.

Exciting times ahead once again.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Strikers and Formation on 11:11 - Jul 23 with 743 viewsFar_Post

It is important that GM has options, especially in attack when the game is not going your way.

To be able to bring on Gomis for example and play two up top or have Bony, Gomis, Siggy and Emnes on the field at the same time may just turn a defeat into a draw or 1 point into 3.

Blog: The C Word

Strikers and Formation on 12:02 - Jul 23 with 616 viewsTom1912

I am concerned about the 4-4-2 Monk used last season.

We looked like the away team against Southampton at home, with Routledge and Bony up front. Completely dominated.
Strikers and Formation on 12:43 - Jul 23 with 521 viewsSwan91

Strikers and Formation on 12:02 - Jul 23 by Tom1912

I am concerned about the 4-4-2 Monk used last season.

We looked like the away team against Southampton at home, with Routledge and Bony up front. Completely dominated.

Could be better this season with gomis, gylfi, montero and anyone else we sign. Rout ledge is best used wide anyway. This is why I am so excited. This feels very similar to the season michu Chico and the others came to swansea. A whole lot of talented players coming in on pretty much great deals. I'm not expecting us to do as well as that season but who knows. I would be happy If we finish above mid table. Anything above is a bonus
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024