Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pablo 13:02 - Jul 23 with 10814 viewsMattG

Been away for a few days and a bit out of the loop in terms of Swans news but has there been any confirmation from the Club re: Pablo's departure?

The last I saw was a photo of him supposedly training with some Qatari team but nothing more.
Pablo on 13:09 - Jul 23 with 8029 viewslondonlisa2001

I did hear one rumour on this which makes some sense which is that we are allowing him to train with the Qatar team but are not signing over the registration (and therefore not completing the transfer) until we have received the full fee into our bank? Obviously this may be complete nonsense but it may account for the delay in any announcement.
Pablo on 13:11 - Jul 23 with 8021 viewsSwanaldinho

I think he is crazy to go and play there at his age he could have gone to any of atleast 10-20 English / Spanish top flight clubs or indeed stayed at the Swans as he played his best football at the back end of last season.

Very strange.
Pablo on 13:17 - Jul 23 with 7995 viewsWolfie

Pablo on 13:09 - Jul 23 by londonlisa2001

I did hear one rumour on this which makes some sense which is that we are allowing him to train with the Qatar team but are not signing over the registration (and therefore not completing the transfer) until we have received the full fee into our bank? Obviously this may be complete nonsense but it may account for the delay in any announcement.

Would we allow him to train and therefore potentially get injured with another club without having certain guarantees on the transfer in place?

Poll: What is your favourite colour on a pie chart?

Pablo on 13:20 - Jul 23 with 7967 viewsAl_Bundy

Pablo on 13:11 - Jul 23 by Swanaldinho

I think he is crazy to go and play there at his age he could have gone to any of atleast 10-20 English / Spanish top flight clubs or indeed stayed at the Swans as he played his best football at the back end of last season.

Very strange.

You thinks its strange to go and fill your bank account up

For minimal effort.
Pablo on 13:20 - Jul 23 with 7960 viewslondonlisa2001

Pablo on 13:17 - Jul 23 by Wolfie

Would we allow him to train and therefore potentially get injured with another club without having certain guarantees on the transfer in place?

no idea - perhaps they are having to cover insurance.

It's the only thing I've heard though which makes even a tiny amount of sense. I can't see any attraction for him going there other than the obvious and surely these guys earn enough anyway to not completely throw their career away, until they hit mid thirties at least. Strange.
Pablo on 13:42 - Jul 23 with 7869 viewsAngelRangelQS

Or we're waiting to confirm gylfi
Pablo on 13:46 - Jul 23 with 7856 viewsWolfie

Looks to me that they don't want to confirm all the outgoings without having some incomings to offset the news.

Expect one big announcement from the club once the ink is dry on Gylfi's signature.

Poll: What is your favourite colour on a pie chart?

Pablo on 14:03 - Jul 23 with 7777 viewslondonlisa2001

Pablo on 13:46 - Jul 23 by Wolfie

Looks to me that they don't want to confirm all the outgoings without having some incomings to offset the news.

Expect one big announcement from the club once the ink is dry on Gylfi's signature.

you may well be right although everytime I have ever thought there's about to be a really big announcement from the club it normally doesn't happen
Login to get fewer ads

Pablo on 14:07 - Jul 23 with 7756 viewsDarran

We allowed Trundle to play in a friendly for Bristol City.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Pablo on 14:16 - Jul 23 with 7718 viewsUxbridge

Quite.

The deal's obviously done. All the more puzzling why they don't just come out and say. It can only be to try and manage the bad news with good, but given the departures are already in the public domain with them training with their respective clubs, you have to wonder why bother.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Pablo on 14:20 - Jul 23 with 7695 viewsHubert

Maybe there's a real coup about yo happen, on top of Gylfi and Monterro, and that will be the banner headline
Pablo on 14:27 - Jul 23 with 7648 viewsSwansea93

Pablo on 14:20 - Jul 23 by Hubert

Maybe there's a real coup about yo happen, on top of Gylfi and Monterro, and that will be the banner headline

Payet?

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Pablo on 14:39 - Jul 23 with 7612 viewslondonlisa2001

Pablo on 14:20 - Jul 23 by Hubert

see - that is exactly the sort of thing I'm always hoping for and never actually happens ..... still never stops me from continuing to hope though
Pablo on 14:07 - Jul 27 with 7320 viewsPrivate_Partz

Sorry to bump this one up but am I right in assuming we still have had no official statement on Pablo?
Very odd if this is the case.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Pablo on 14:09 - Jul 27 with 7304 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Pablo on 14:27 - Jul 23 by Swansea93

Payet?

He's too good for us and we're too small for him. Next!

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Pablo on 19:54 - Jul 28 with 6982 viewsPrivate_Partz

Still nothing on Pablo? I have been doing a few searches and all I can find is a second hand report suggesting that Huw had told the BBC he had gone for a small fee. I can't find anything else to back it up. Surely we could at least report he has left and wish him well? Seems like I am the only one that finds this strange :-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Pablo on 20:01 - Jul 28 with 6940 viewsbluenile

Pablo on 13:09 - Jul 23 by londonlisa2001

Were they paying by Paypal??................................

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

Pablo on 20:10 - Jul 28 with 6863 viewslondonlisa2001

Pablo on 20:01 - Jul 28 by bluenile

Were they paying by Paypal??................................

Green Shield stamps seemingly ;-)
Pablo on 21:36 - Jul 28 with 6672 viewsicecoldjack

It just seems all a bit weird .

Michu, nothing much said.
Pablo, nothing said.
Poz, nothing much said.
Canas, nothing said .

Vorm and Ben gone together for what some say was a very low fee, considering the boy Arsenal just signed i mow tend to agree .

I think the board are having a tough time of it this transfer window, probably extracting the players from Monks plans has been quite time consuming and replacing them with the same quality has maybe led to a few compromises,hence the vorm/ben deal to secure siggy.

Why they cant justcome out and say stuff ive no idea .

The defensive midfielder position is a classic example, they mentioned Canas is not wanted but we have no one to come in there and play now Leon is Injured.

If rumours are correct, thats been the situation since Monk took over so why are we going with just one aging player who is starting to pick up more and more knocks as time catches up with him ?

You would think that would be a key position to fill in the summer, they wouldn't have put all the eggs in one basket with Besic so they must surely have a few Irons in the fire?

THey are cutting it dam close though , we are 2 weeks off from the start and that is a position where the guy coming in needs to get to know people and build understanding.
Pablo on 09:02 - Jul 29 with 6389 viewsJackSomething

Pablo on 21:36 - Jul 28 by icecoldjack

Pablo, nothing said.
Poz, nothing much said.
Canas, nothing said .

Vorm and Ben gone together for what some say was a very low fee, considering the boy Arsenal just signed i mow tend to agree .

I think the board are having a tough time of it this transfer window, probably extracting the players from Monks plans has been quite time consuming and replacing them with the same quality has maybe led to a few compromises,hence the vorm/ben deal to secure siggy.

The defensive midfielder position is a classic example, they mentioned Canas is not wanted but we have no one to come in there and play now Leon is Injured.

If rumours are correct, thats been the situation since Monk took over so why are we going with just one aging player who is starting to pick up more and more knocks as time catches up with him ?

You would think that would be a key position to fill in the summer, they wouldn't have put all the eggs in one basket with Besic so they must surely have a few Irons in the fire?

THey are cutting it dam close though , we are 2 weeks off from the start and that is a position where the guy coming in needs to get to know people and build understanding.

Club not wanting to talk much about players leaving the club, especially good players like Michu, Pablo and Davies who we would almost certainly have wanted to keep. Shocker.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2014 9:09]

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Pablo on 11:38 - Jul 29 with 6218 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Pablo on 21:36 - Jul 28 by icecoldjack

Pablo, nothing said.
Poz, nothing much said.
Canas, nothing said .

Good point about Besic. Surely with him being on the world stage the club knew he'd be picked up by a bigger club? It does genuinely seem that he was our only target. Weird.

Pablo on 11:43 - Jul 29 with 6196 viewsJackSomething

Pablo on 11:38 - Jul 29 by Brynmill_Jack

Good point about Besic. Surely with him being on the world stage the club knew he'd be picked up by a bigger club? It does genuinely seem that he was our only target. Weird.

Yes, because the club likes to announce all our targets to the media and fans. Come on Bryn, you know it doesn't work like that.

If we had no plan B if Besic didn't come off, I'd join you in criticising the club for such a dull approach, but I'm confident in saying that's not the case. IMHO of course.

Pablo on 11:54 - Jul 29 with 6161 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Pablo on 11:43 - Jul 29 by JackSomething

Yes, because the club likes to announce all our targets to the media and fans. Come on Bryn, you know it doesn't work like that.

If we had no plan B if Besic didn't come off, I'd join you in criticising the club for such a dull approach, but I'm confident in saying that's not the case. IMHO of course.

How do you know that then?

Pablo on 12:25 - Jul 29 with 6107 viewsJackSomething

Pablo on 11:54 - Jul 29 by Brynmill_Jack

How do you know that then?

I don't know it, I choose to believe it. Like you choose to believe we don't have any targets beyond Besic.

You may be right, I may be right, it's all opinions.

Edit: Unless you were asking how I know that the club doesn't announce all our transfer targets to the media and fans? You're not dull though, so I think you were referring to my second paragraph.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2014 12:35]

Pablo on 03:22 - Jul 30 with 5898 viewsforkbeard

Pablo on 12:25 - Jul 29 by JackSomething

I don't know it, I choose to believe it. Like you choose to believe we don't have any targets beyond Besic.

You may be right, I may be right, it's all opinions.

Edit: Unless you were asking how I know that the club doesn't announce all our transfer targets to the media and fans? You're not dull though, so I think you were referring to my second paragraph.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2014 12:35]

^^ didnt mean to quote that but still...

Doesn't get more obvious than that..

http://alarabi.qa/thesquads-profile.php?sporttypeid=5&teamtype=First%20Team&play

&

http://alarabi.qa/singlenews.php?id=3873

[Post edited 30 Jul 2014 4:22]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024